Guide for dating in Canada helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Canadian women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Canadian girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Canada. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Canada, North America.
Girls in Canada:
- Looks of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.8 / 5
Dating in Canada:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.9 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.6 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in Canada:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.7 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.6 / 5
More about Canada:
- Nightlife in general: 4.4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$100 - $2,500
- Accommodation: US$50 - $1,500
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
It's worthy to appreciate your refined taste if you truly desire to date a Canadian girl. Known for their bold manners, comeliness, and lowliness, Canadian girls are one of the most date-able sets of women in the world. However, dating a Canadian girl does not just come on a silver platter, you'll have to know how to work your way into her heart and when you do, you'll need all the tips you can get to sustain the relationship. Canadian Girls are passionate individuals and extremely friendly but despite all these lovable personalities, they're not the kind of girls you can mess with.
One of the interesting things about Canadian girls is that they love to be informal and casual. Europeans generally, especially people who are from the United States of America, tend to be very obsessed with their status and income. And, Canadian girls are quite distinct from this. Canadian girls love to remain casual irrespective of their social status and income. Of course, they dress up for special events and work and after these, you'll find them in their casual outfits. Due to their flair for taking things simple and light, your Canadian potential girlfriend will not tell you "yes" because of your income or outfit. And, this already explains that they're low maintenance.
Another thing you should know about Canadian girls if you want to go on a date with them is that they value their personal space and they'll value yours also. Women at times can be frustrating with their disturbing questions when you're in a relationship with them; with questions such as "Why don't you talk with me?", "Who are you chatting with?", "Who are you chatting with?", and "Where are you going?" revolving around your conversation most of the time. However, you'll enjoy your personal space when you're dating a Canadian girl and you should also reciprocate this as well. Let her have her alone-time and she would let you have yours as well.
Unlike other girls from other countries, Canadian girls are more okay with long-distance relationships because of their trait of not being understanding and not being unnecessarily annoying with interrogative questions. This could sound weird but, Canadian girls do get turned on by weird things. Are you a fan of strange music or into weird movies? If you are, you'll find Canadian girls to be potential partners because they do get attracted to guys who are movie geeks and they tend to easily find a connection with them.
Canadian girls do not love being indoors. If you're dating a girl from Canada, don't expect her to stay at home on weekends because she would love to go for a romantic eating out with you or go enjoy a picnic together. It's only during the winter you'll find the girls indoors and asides that, you'll find it difficult to tame the girls indoors because they'll love to spend most of their time outdoors.
A large number of Canadian girls love drinking beers and your Canadian sweetheart is likely to judge you based on your beer preferences. There are a lot of stereotype notions made about Canada and, Canadian girls are well-versed about all these. If you discuss any of these stereotypes with your Canadian sweetheart, she would receive it sarcastically and make no fuss about it because she simply believes she's not defined by the cheap talks of people.
Canadian girls are very nice and polite. If you approach them to communicate your feelings or intentions and they don't really like you, they've got a way of rejecting such offer politely, unlike other hard, rude girls in some other parts of the world that will just blurt it all out with an expression like "Can you imagine that jerk tried to ask me out?" or "Who the hell are you to think that I would date you?". Canadian girls are quite cautious with the way they respond to people and this is one of the things that make them unique. You'll really enjoy dating Canadian girls because of their personable attitude.
Canadians are famous for their good manners but when it comes to dating in the country, there are some things you'll have to keep in mind. Canada is a big country and it may interest you to know that every town has its own vibe and even so, each province has its own way of life. While casual dating may be common in some parts of the country, it may not be the norm in other parts of the country. However, the choices of individuals do play a great role in getting to define the "status" of a relationship. Howbeit, dating in Canada is quite fun and as earlier said, there are a couple of things you'll need to know.
- Roots sweatpants and long-term dating go alongside: Don't be shocked if your date shows up in a pair of Roots sweatpants during your brunch date. This is usually the norm in the city because Canadiana love to be casual about many things. It's just a matter of time before you'll join the clique too anyways.
- Maple syrup is everything here: Almost all Canadians have a soft spot for maple syrup in their hearts. And, you'll need to appreciate it too if you want your relationship to last longer.
- You'll have to pick a local sports team: Basketball, baseball, soccer, and a few others are secondary sports in Canada. Hockey is the primary and it's big in Canada. And, your choice of the team goes a long way in determining if a girl would love to hook up with you or if your Canadian sweetheart will oblige to keeping the relationship. You'll have to love sports if you want to date here because there's no way you will date a Canadian and you won't be actively involved in the sports talks and all.
- There's a seasonal love affair in Canada: It is believed that there are special months for dating in Canada. Between October and May, you'll have a great chance to date and retain a lover but the norm is, whenever winter is coming, the locals in the country start looking earnestly for a warm body to cuddle with. And once winter leaves, the relationship could wear off.
- Dating in a melting pot: Canadians are always willing to embrace people with varied values and traditions due to their openness. Despite the fact that they have their own customs, they are quite accommodating to multiculturalism.
Dating in Canada can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Canada and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Canadian women are quite different from the regular women of European nationality. However, these differences do not, of course, affect how they adapt and build a serious relationship with people that love them. Most of the women in Canada are Europeans but you'll still definitely meet a good number of Asians, Latin Americans, Africans, and others from an Indigenous ethnic group. When it comes to being in a relationship with a Canadian woman, gender differences are not very noticeable. You'll see the man spending time doing household chores while the woman will be busy working and driving.
Canadian women are humane and they have a lot of nice traits that make them interesting people to date. One of these nice traits is their outgoing personality. Canadian women are not hard to get in touch with. You can enjoy communicating with them without feeling tense. They rarely display any form of arrogance and this is why it's quite easy to talk, communicate, and get acquainted with them.
Another interesting thing about Canadian women is that they can be very loyal and supportive. The women are often eager to render their help to you anytime you need it because they have a well-developed feeling. More so, they're very straightforward and direct. They don’t come up with any equivalent and they don’t beat about the bush when it comes to presenting their thoughts and desires. If they need anything at all from you, they'll tell you straight as it is without cutting corners or so.
Canadian women are very compassionate and sensitive. Until you date a Canadian, you'll see how true this is. Due to the compassionate attitude of the women, they tend to get worried a lot and cry over little unimportant things. Thus, if you're dating a woman from Canada and you know she's head over heels, it's important that you try not to make her worry or put her in a situation that will cause her to tint her pretty face with tears.
In addition, there are times that issues of relations can affect your relationship with a Canadian woman. There are some women in the country who prefer to maintain relations with their countrymen. And, there could also be a language barrier. If you are not a francophone or don't know a few French basics, you may not enjoy the country's dating opportunities to the fullest as you should.
Canadian women are very ambitious. They're the kind of women that clearly understand what they intend to do with their lives. As a result of their ambitiousness, they've got a great sense of independence. They are not the type who will depend solely on the husband or fully count on the family for support for all their needs but rather, manage to find a way they can get things done by themselves without inconveniencing the people around them. The strong difference they make is that they always want to build a career themselves. Canadian women are low maintenance and you'll enjoy every bit of time you spend with them. So, go out there and find yourself a Canadian lover, good luck!
Canadian Girls (age 18 - 29)
These girls are very unique and original in their own ways. You'll enjoy dating them because they're very fun-loving and exciting to be with. However, a few of them may want to display youthful exuberance by craving for some fine things and exotic moments so, some of them might turn out to be high maintenance for you, especially if you're on a budget trip. These girls have their own adorable way of saying certain words and they speak uniquely. If you do not listen to them clearly, you might be hearing another thing thinking it's something else.
If you date these girls and you get to visit them in their home, you'll see the vast collection of sweaters they have. And if you go on a date with them, you'll see them on sweatpants. When these girls are committed to you, they will feel more comfortable putting on their soft, cozy wear around you. A lot of them love flannels too. And, they know how to wear it right to look really cool, trendy, and warm. With them, you'll definitely learn how to wear flannel and this is one of the benefits of dating these girls.
Canadian Women (age 30 - 45)
These women are loving and charming and, one of the most unique things about them is their low maintenance. They won't bill you unnecessarily because they have a sense of independence and they're always ready to contribute to the relationship. One of the things that attract these women is a nice beard. These women have a thing for bearded men. There's something special about beard to them and you must understand that your beard has a special role to play if you want to win their heart easily. However, you can make a very good first impression by making sure your facial hair is groomed and super nice before you go out to meet these women or go on a date with them.
A large number of these women love to talk about hockey. If you'll be going on a date with these women, make sure you familiarize yourself with a few things about hockey teams so that you'll find something interesting and engaging to talk about because they'll definitely know how to flow and pick up the hockey conversation. More so, if you're going on a date with these women, make sure you show chivalry and come with a gift. These women love to be courted the traditional way and, you don't actually need to buy something extravagant, flowers will simply do. These women are pretty laid back and you'll enjoy dating them because they're relaxed people with some great qualities; they're fun to hang out with and they know how to go with the flow. In the course of your relationship with them, you'll definitely have disagreements but, not super crazy ones.
Canadian Ladies (age 45+)
These Canadian older ladies are known for their friendly charm. They've got a beautiful soul and they do know how to make a man feel happy. Everly supportive, they're always committed to making things work and ready to be your backbone when times are hard. Dating these ladies comes with a lot of special benefits and one of them is that you'll enjoy gourmet late-night eats. Have you heard of Poutine? OK, this is the country’s unofficial national dish and it's more like a posh version of chips, gravy, and cheese. You can even find your way to the heart of these older ladies with this Poutine so, don’t underestimate the power of this dish.
Another interesting thing about these older ladies is that they're often accommodating and ready to embrace other cultures and traditions. These ladies are open-minded, tolerant and they enjoy experiencing different cultures and traditions, even as they value and respect them. So, whether you're black, blue, or whatever color or race, you'll have no problem dating these ladies.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Canada receives a huge number of tourists every year. As of 2019, the country recorded a total of 22.1 million international tourists and this is way above the previous year's 21.1 million. It becomes conspicuous and verifiable to accept that Canada houses a lot of foreigners consistently and data reveals that people from the United States of America, the United Kingdom, China, France, Germany, Australia, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, and India are the top 10 visitors. Thus, when it comes to meeting, picking up, and dating foreign girls in Canada, the cultural background and belief and sexual orientation of these girls do have a role to play in determining their preferences and subjections.
Speaking of the college girls, you'll find a wide array of them. A large number of them came from different parts of the world to study here because Canada is home to some of the top universities in the world. The education system in Canada is topnotch, there's no doubt about that but when it comes to meeting and hooking up with college girls in Canada, guys who are smart, intelligent, and with a good look good tend to have a better chance. However, most of them are not quite independent but, the attitude of the girls can't actually be generalized because of the diversity of the girls. But in the real sense, dating college girls in Canada can be really fun and exciting.
Getting laid with Canadian girls is actually not a difficult thing to do but, there's no doubt about it that it could be a bit herculean. There are some girls in Canada who seek casual sex and you are guaranteed to get laid fast if you're sensitive and sensible to read the signs. To get laid with women in Canada quickly, it's recommended to sign up on some of the casual sex websites for you'll meet tons of Canadian women looking for who to have sex with there.
There are diverse factors and conditions that influence and shape the adolescent sexuality of Canadians and they include parents' and peers' interactions, the neighborhood, culture, and societal conditions. These factors are not easily clustered together but they're kind of related. As a matter of fact, in Canada, each individual's sexual behavior is actually influenced by their peers, parents, and family and controlled by their culture.
The sexual culture in Canada is semi-restrictive. This particular kind of sexual culture does not outrightly encourage premarital sex, although there are no imposed stringent rules. Most times, Canadian adults do indulge in promiscuous behavior, and their parents, at times, pretend to be unaware of it. But, if this results in pregnancy, the couple is expected to marry. Premarital sex is not encouraged but a lot of it happens here in Canada.
In accordance with the National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth by Garriguet's (2005), about 13 percent of Canadian adolescents aged between 14 to 15 have had sex. The data further reveals that young adolescents in Ontario and the west part of the country tend to be less sexually active compared to those in the eastern provinces and Quebec.
It's important to understand that Canada is an eclectic environment with diverse people who share different personalities. Thus, casual sex is quite rife in the country. One-night stands may or may not be hard to come by, it depends on the factors that surround it. At the clubs, you might be lucky to find a girl to satisfy your sexual craving and, you might only be able to collect her contact and go on date(s) before you get sex.
However, the simple point is, women in Canada sleep with people based on their mood that day, how they feel about the person and their personal view of sex. All these three factors combine together to determine your chances of getting a one-night stand in Canada.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Canada is the second-largest country by total area in the world and this already justifies that there's a whole lot of beautiful single girls you'll come across. With the plentiful spots and venues dotted in the city, you will have a wide range of options of places to visit to meet single girls in Canada. Meeting single women in Canada successfully is actually based on your preference of places to visit or things to do.
Some people don't love meeting women at bars that are expensive, crowded, and loud because they have a feeling that a couple of things could go wrong like losing half-hour just waiting to buy a drink, getting too packed, being too empty, and in the long run, not being able to meet someone new eventually. Howbeit, bars have always been great spots where you can meet beautiful single women in Canada, especially for those who know bar gaming well. Anyways, here are some highlighted places where you can meet beautiful single girls in Canada:
- Streets: Meeting single girls in Canada is not a very difficult thing to do. Just hit up the streets and you'll come across tons of beautiful girls. Canadian girls are known for their personable qualities; they're friendly and approachable. So, if you meet a girl you like, all you just have to do is to approach her and express your intentions. Canadian girls are warm and friendly and if they don't like you, they'll reject you politely. So, you don't have anything to worry about actually.
- King St, Queen St, and College St in Toronto
- Ouellette Avenue in Windsor
- Saint Laurent in Montreal
- Old Port area and Crescent Street in Montreal
- Grande Allee and along nearby Rue St Jean in Quebec City
- Whyte Avenue in Edmonton
- Granville Street, Yaletown, and Gastown in Vancouver
- Attend courses: If you desire to meet and hook up with Canadian ladies that share the same interest(s) with you, attending courses will offer you the chances of getting to meet ladies that are like-minded. If you're up for a long-lasting relationship, it could also offer you what you seek and even if you don't meet a girl to date here, it might be a guy you meet that may eventually introduce you to a beautiful partner eventually. Thus, if you're interested in cooking, painting, playing musical instruments, or whatever you have a knack for, find a social event or a course around a discourse that interests you.
- Gyms: Canadian girls love to stay in shape and this is why you'll always meet a lot of them at the gym. There are lots of sporty ladies in Canada and the local girls are great fans of sports; hockey especially. However, it's worthy of note to understand that it takes patience and time to meet and hook up with girls at the gym.
- Monster Gym in Dorval, Quebec.
- Womens Fitness Club7s of Canada in Burlington, ON.
- Equinox Yorkville in Toronto, ON.
- Fit Factory Fitness in Toronto, ON.
- Olympic Fitness in Duncan, BC.
- Full Force Fitness Club in Edmonton, AB.
- Dynasty Gym/CrossFit Palace in Vancouver, BC.
- TORQUE BARBELL in Etobicoke, ON.
- Fit for Life Gym in Montreal, Quebec.
- Anytime Fitness in Vancouver, BC.
- Shopping malls: One of the difficulties you may have in meeting and hooking up with girls in Canada at shopping malls is getting to select the particular mall you'll visit because there are tons of fine and large malls to select in the city you're in. A lot of young single ladies in Canada love to visit the malls from time to time and these are places where you can not just meet both younger and older ladies in the country but both the local and the foreign girls. And, conversing at the malls with the girls is not always difficult, you'll always get to find your way around.
- CF Rideau Centre in Ottawa, ON.
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre in Toronto, ON.
- West Edmonton Mall in Edmonton, AB.
- CF Pacific Centre in Vancouver, BC.
- Dufferin Mall in Toronto, ON.
- Dixie Outlet Mall in Mississauga, ON.
- Vaughan Mills in Concord, ON.
- Metropolis at Metrotown in Burnaby, BC.
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto, ON.
- Bayshore Shopping Centre in Nepean, ON.
- Clubs, single bars, and music venues: Depending on who (in terms of age) you'd love to meet and hook up with when it's dark, these spots have windows of opportunities for you, even to get a one-night stand with beautiful Canadian girls. If you prefer venues with a cool, relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy great cocktails, live music, and mingle with smart Canadians, you'll have different singles bars and live music venues to choose from. And if clubbing is your thing, there's no shortage of nightclubs in the country to select from.
- Stereo in Montreal, Quebec.
- Ariius Nightclub in Windsor, ON.
- Luxy Club in Concord, ON.
- Bar Waverly in Montreal, Quebec.
- Crocodile Rock - Bar - Night Club in Toronto, ON.
- SPIN Toronto in Toronto, ON.
- Hugh's Room Live in Toronto, ON.
- The Cameron House in Toronto, ON.
- House of TARG in Ottawa, ON.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
The nightlife in Canada is always hot and bustling. Even though the country gets covered with snow for half of the year, this doesn't in any way deter the residents from partying. The nightlife scene in Canada is vibrant and energetic and it offers a wide array of options of entertainment and evening leisure. Whether you're a fan of live music jams, pub crawl, or maybe you fancy dancing, you'll find nightlife venues that cater to your taste in Canada as the cities in the country are furnished with enough spots to make your night out exhilarating. Besides, Canada is not the world’s second-largest country for nothing. Here are some of the best nightlife spots in the country:
- Habanos Martini & Cocktail Club in Regina: If you're in the capital of Saskatchewan; Regina, this spot is a very good place to commence your party. It's a stunning place to get your party animal out and it's one of the best nightlife clubs in Canada. Some of the best DJs in the country come here to perform and there's a great variety of handcrafted cocktails offered here. You'll never regret coming here and you'll enjoy dancing all night long.
- Noir Nightclub in Regina: If you want to step up your clubbing experience in Regina after visiting Habanos Martini & Cocktail Club, let Noir Nightclub be your next choice because the clubbing experience this club offers is truly one-of-a-kind. There are quality music and drinks at this high-end nightclub. More so, from Thursday till Sunday, you'll find some of the country's excellent, top DJs lined up here. This club is your plug for partying on weekends.
- Cook County Saloon in Edmonton: This club is a very nice place to enjoy some great country music and chug a beer with your friends. It has a relaxed atmosphere and the ambiance is very nice. Cook County Saloon once received an accolade from the Canada Country Club Association as a "popular club". There's plenty of room to kick up your boots in case you lose your vibe to dance but at least, you can treat yourself to the pleasing buzzing music.
- Suite 69 in Edmonton: Your energy can never run out here because the liquor and music flowing at this place will keep your energy up and running. This venue boasts of being the most appealing spot in Edmonton and it's really worth checking out if you're in Edmonton. This place is open only four nights a week and it's a perfect place to get wild and crazy because of its electrifying ambiance. You'll as well get a lot of opportunities to meet and hook up with sexy young Canadian girls here.
- The Ale House and Canteen in Kingston: There are a lot of things you should expect from this spot and you can be sure that you won't be disappointed. From its eclectic menu of cool alcoholic beverages to acoustic sessions and kick-out party sessions, you can't help but have a fun night out here. This venue offers a perfect laid-back atmosphere and it's a great place to consider, especially if you desire to escape to chill-out scenes. You can enjoy the year-round theme nights and live country music at this versatile bar but you should know that it gets filled up quickly on weekends.
- Hugh’s Room in Toronto: Toronto is a beautiful city and if you're staying in Toronto; seeking a spot where you can enjoy live music, find your way to this cozy venue immediately. You'll meet some of the big leagues in the music performing here and this spot offers an environmental setting that helps you connect with the musician. All your drinks and food thirst can be taken care of here as the restaurant and bar at this nightspot offer an eclectic menu.
- Unium in Toronto: If you're in Toronto and you're looking for where to party like there's no tomorrow, hit up this hip and happening nightclub. Known for its dining and dancing scenes, Uniun has gained its popularity in the city. It's situated in the Entertainment District in Toronto inside an old 1920’s factory. Its state-of-the-art music system is so loud and you'll find yourself engrossed in the LED lighting.
- Upstairs Jazz Bar & Grill on Montreal: If you're ever in the mood to catch some nice jazz, head over here. There are live jam sessions hosted here and this venue boasts of being a jazz club. Adorned with classic wood paneling and stone walls, there's as well a panel of vintage album covers complementing the decor here. The vibe here is magical and great performers offer interesting live music here. Come here to sip your favorite Canadian Whisky while you as well enjoy some great jazz music.
- The Dome in Halifax: Let nothing stop you from enjoying Canada nightlife to the fullest. If you're in Halifax and dancing and clubbing are more of your thing, hit here asap! The Dome has its own style guide and it's a premier nightclub. There's a mezzanine floor, a live stage, and multiple dancing rooms offered at this vast party club. The electrifying music the DJs here provide will get you up on your feet and the atmosphere here is absolutely dope.
- Maxwell’s Plum: This spot is an indefatigable venue where you can enjoy a great collection of specialty beers and gulp down your fatigue after a long exhausting day of sightseeing. It's a classic English pub and it is home to more than 60 draft beers. As you munch on the delicious pub-comfort food and sip from the frothy beer from the pub’s terrace, you can sit back and enjoy the Halifax skyline.
10 Fun Party Cities in Canada and Where to Party
- Montreal Casino
- Casa del Popolo
- Café Campus/Petit Campus
- Bar Le Ritz PDB
- Upstairs Jazz Bar & Grill
- House of Jazz
- Quai des Brumes
- Irish Heather
- The Diamond
- The Lamplighter
- The Blarney Stone
- Opus Bar
- Lost and Found
- Uniun Nightclub
- Apt 200
- Maison Mercer Nightclub
- Ranchman’s Cookhouse and Dance Hall
- Habitat Living Sound
- The Hifi Club
- Quebec City
- Dagobert Nightclub
- Les 3 Brasseurs
- La Piazz
- Maurice Nightclub
- The Dome Nightclub
- The Toothy Mouse
- Durty Nelly’s Irish Pub
- The Seahorse
- Batholomew’s Pub
- Yates Street Taphouse
- Garrick’s Head Pub
- Exchange District
- King’s Head
- Times Change (d) High & Lonesome Club
- Le Garage
- PPL Nightclub
- Caliente Latin Club
- Bar Laurel
- Y Afterhours
- Prive Ultralounge
There's no doubt about the fact that Canada is naturally rich and it does provide retail therapy through its many fine, big, and world-class shopping malls.
- CF Toronto Eaton Centre, Toronto: Popularly referred to as Eaton Centre, this mall caters to every type of shopper and occasion. Some of the world-famous brands, unique and independent stores call this mall home. It's an unmatched shopping stop in Toronto and it's beautifully designed.
- West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton: This mall offers a lot of activities and attractions that are conveniently situated at a spot and it's the largest mall in North America. It offers a varied dining selection, ranging from full-service restaurants to fast food options and coffee shops. Some of the attractions and activities aside from shopping you can enjoy here include a bowling alley, a waterpark, an underground aquarium, and more.
- Square One Shopping Centre, Mississauga: Apart from the quality shopping you'll enjoy here, fun is another thing you cannot miss out on here. There are redemption, video games, and virtual reality at its The Rec Room and you'll find go-karting, mini-golf, and much more entertainment. Don't forget to check out its Food District as well.
- CF Rideau Centre, Ottawa: On an annual basis, this mall receives more than 20 million visitors. Centrally located in the heart of downtown, there's a Shaw Centre, a rooftop park, Westin Hotel, and 180 retailers at this complex. Visit here and enjoy its fine dining options and you won’t be disappointed.
Canada is full of amazing outdoor wonders and if you're craving or seeking fun outdoors, you'll have a whole lot of options of places to select from. Canada is the world’s second-largest country and it has a ton of natural beauty to experience plus it has some pretty amazing history. There are lots of must-see natural beauties in the country and here are some spots that are worth seeing and some activities that are worth doing in Canada:
- Heli-hiking | Banff, Alta.
- Kayak With Whales in British Columbia
- Adventures at Glacier National Park | British Columbia
- Watching grizzly bears at Great Bear Lodge | British Columbia
- Multi-day horse pack trips | Big River, Sask
- Canoe down the Churchill River | Missinipe, Sask
- Canadian safari at Lazy Bear Lodge | Churchill, Man
- CN Tower EdgeWalk | Toronto
- Multi-day sea kayak adventures | Cape Broyle, N.F
- Wildlife and wilderness | Quebec and Labrador
- Cycle Icefields Parkway in Alberta
- Visit the Valley of 1,000 Devils in Saskatchewan
- Ride Riding Mountain in Manitoba
- Trek the Coast in Ontario
- Kiteboard in Atlantic Winds, Prince Edward Island
Universities and Colleges
Canada is reputed to be one of the top countries with a large number of educated adults and one of the most educated countries in the world. There are several universities in Canada and virtually all of them are publicly funded. One of the oldest post-secondary institutions in Canada is Université Laval, it was established in 1663. The University of Toronto is the largest university and it hosts more than 85,000 students.
On the list of the top 100 universities worldwide, four out of Canadian universities get consistently enlisted:
- McMaster University
- McGill University
- University of British Columbia
- University of Toronto
Going into a relationship with a Canadian woman is a beautiful thing, considering the beautiful traits the women possess. When it comes to being in a romantic relationship with a Canadian, it's usual to share all the material costs together. Canadian women love autonomy and independence and they do strive for these things when they're in a relationship.
The sense of stability and independence the women crave may even make them not to subscribe to cohabiting but rather prefer to host the men in their home. Even if the man is wealthy and promises a lot of material benefits, the women do value their freedom above anything else and they're never in a rush to go live with their romantic partner just because it will be cheaper or for any other reason.
However, one important thing you should know if you intend to go into a serious relationship with a Canadian woman is that she'll need you to show her attention all the time, and buying her gifts will help you take good care of this part. You don't need to provide expensive signs of attention by getting her pricey gifts, just something inexpensive and nice; whatever that may come into your mind, maybe chocolate baskets or anything not too expensive you can think off.
A lot of holiday romance happens in Canada. The fact that there's seasonal dating/loving in the country clearly portrays how the locals in the country find it easy and comfortable to go into a relationship with someone for an agreed short period of time just to enjoy the weather together.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Building a successful relationship in Canada is not difficult as you have all the country's many offered romantic spots to spice up your relationship from time to time. However, there are five ingredients to build a successful relationship in Canada - patience, honesty, value, spending fun, and quality time together, and showing affection and attention.
It's quite understandable that women are delicate human species and, it takes a lot of patience to cope with them because they're always emotional. Considering how Canadian women can be very emotional and compassionate, you'll need a good level of patience to get things back on track when you feel you're drifting off a cliff. Honesty plays a very great role in sustaining a good relationship as well. Tell her what you want in a relationship, let her know right from the onset, stay plain with her, and keep an open mind.
You need to value your Canadian sweetheart as well. This involves you respecting her principles and beliefs and not violating her pride as a woman. Due to the fact that Canadian women are outdoorsy, you should try to create time to hang out together and do fun things together. This will always create more spark between you two and as well help you catch up on lost times. It has already been stated that Canadian women love attention and affection so, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you getting your sweethearts gifts occasionally. The gifts don't have to be expensive actually, just something nice, it could be edible or not.
People visiting Canada and looking for love have a great chance of finding love because romance reigns supreme for singles living in some of the cities in the country. However, cities like Quebec City, Quebec; Montreal, Quebec; Toronto, Ontario; Regina, Saskatchewan, and Kelowna, British Columbia; have been rated to be the best cities for singles looking for a romantic partner in Canada.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
The more you grow fond of each other, the more you become more intimate together and, it's a good sign that she may be the one.
Marriage in Canada is more like a verbalized, negotiated contract. You'll find the Canadian woman telling you what she wants to be in the relationship and specifically what she wants from the relationship in advance. The local women in Canada tend to be very specific when it comes to getting married, the two parties give their mutual consent on what is expected of each other and this usually occurs at the beginning of the relationship.
The marriage ceremony in the country can be religious or civil. Depending on the laws of respective territory and province guiding marriage solemnization, marriages may be performed by clerks of the court, justices of the peace, judges, marriage commissioners, or members of the clergy.
It's a crime to force someone to marry in Canada and the minimum marriageable age from the federal law is 16. Although, each province and territory have their respective minimum age and they're at the liberty to raise the standard. Since 2005, same-sex marriage has been legal in the whole of the country.
Religious weddings are common in Canada but it seems they're kind of going out of style for Canadians.
Families in Canada are increasingly diverse, complex, and dynamic.
|Atlantic Provinces (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island)|
This region is well known for unique accents, the origin of the Acadian culture, natural beauty (particularly around coastal areas), the historic beauty of Halifax, and a huge fishing and shipping industry.
When one thinks of this region, one of the first things is usually 'French'. Quebec is one of the most unique regions in Canada, and for that matter, North America. Originally settled as part of New France, this region is very much culturally French-Canadian (English isn't the dominant language here), and is known for great cultural sites like Quebec City's Winter Festival, Montreal's grand classic architecture, and of course, maple syrup and poutine - two of the most commonly known things in Canadian cuisine. It's a great way to see the Old World of Europe without leaving North America! Montreal is also the second largest French speaking city in the world.
Canada's largest province by population, it has endless opportunities of things to see and/or do. From Canada's largest metropolis (Toronto) to the national bi-lingual capital (Ottawa) to glitzy Niagara Falls, to the vast wilderness of Northern Ontario and the Great Lakes, Ontario is full of almost everything that represents Canada.
|Prairies (Alberta, Manitoba, Saskatchewan)|
From the east, this region starts off with rocky terrain and flat farmland, and as one travels westward, eventually ends up at the foot of the Rocky Mountains. The region is rich in geographic variety, from rolling hills to rich canola farm fields to forests rich in diversity to outstanding lakes to rather unique rock formations. This region is also one of the fastest growing in Canada, and is well known for mountain resorts like Banff and Canmore. The major cities here are Winnipeg, Edmonton, and Calgary and each offer an array of things to do.
|British Columbia |
Vancouver is the heart of British Columbia. It is perhaps one of the most liberal and culturally diverse cities in North America and offers things from world class skiing to nude beaches. If one travels outside of Vancouver, they could find Victoria, provincial capital, and home to a bustling downtown and stunning Legislature grounds or they might hit Canada's version of Arizona, the Okanagan which is home to wineries, graceful mountains, resorts, and retirement villages or they could get lost in the vast amounts of mountains, lakes, and other natural wonders. Either way, British Columbia is one of the most beautiful regions in Canada, both for those who are looking for nature excursions and those who kick it in the city.
|The North (Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Yukon)|
This is where Canada's territories reside. They are some of the most remote regions on Earth, which means plenty of nature to observe. The vast wilderness calls this region home with extremely extraordinary animals and vast landscapes. It is also home to the unique Inuit (native group) culture and as well as the First Nations and is rich in natural resources.
- Brampton is a suburban city in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and the seat of Peel Region. As of the 2011 census, Brampton's population was 523,911.
- Calgary - A boom-town without a doubt, Calgary is a major Canadian financial city, but for non-business travelers, it offers world-class Calgary Zoo, the Calgary Tower, the Calgary Stampede, Glenbow Museum, shopping at Chinook Mall and Atlantic Ave, and is only a short distance from the recreation of the Rockies.
- Edmonton is the capital of the province of Alberta.
- Hamilton is a port city in the Canadian province of Ontario.
- Halifax -home to the second largest natural harbour in the world is rich in history with architecture dating back from English colonialism. See fortress Citadel hill, Canadian museum of the Atlantic, and the active night life where everything is a short walk away.
- London is located west of Toronto, between Lake Huron and Lake Erie at the fork of the Thames River (not to be confused with the River Thames in London, England).
- Mississauga - The city has a population of 713,443 as of the Canada 2011 Census, and is Canada's sixth-most populous municipality.
- Montreal - Once Canada's largest metropolis, Montreal is the core of North America's Francophone culture (you can still get by with English) and is home to some of the finest galleries, museums, venues, and festivals in the country along with great shopping on streets like Saint Catherine and Saint Denis. Don't miss Mount Royal, either.
- Ottawa - Canada's national capital, this city is home to national government monuments like Parliament Hill, many major museums like the Museum of Civilization, cool urban neighbourhoods like the ByWard Market, and great old architecture.
- Quebec City - The Province of Quebec's capital, well known for its quaint Old city, it's grand winter festival, and gorgeous architecture, like the Chateau Frontenac. The most European feeling and looking city, (outside of Latin America) in the Western hemisphere.
- Regina is the capital city of the province of Saskatchewan.
- Saskatoon is a city in central Saskatchewan, Canada, on the South Saskatchewan River. Residents of the city of Saskatoon are called Saskatonians.
- Toronto - The largest city in Canada, Toronto is the media, entertainment, business, economic and cultural capital of Canada. Toronto is well known for famous landmarks like the CN Tower, but also has many great museums, sports venues, shopping districts, various entertainment districts, beaches, and recreational parks across its great expanse. The city is known for it's support of the performing arts, having the third largest live theatre market in the world after New York City and London.
- Vancouver - The city where West Coast Urbanism and "Vancouverism" started, Vancouver is a city of steel and glass condominiums and outstanding natural beauty. It is unique in that it is a city where one can ski and sit on the beach in the same 24 hours. The city was also the host of the 2010 Winter Olympics.
- Windsor - Separated by the Detroit River, Windsor is located south of Detroit, Michigan in the United States.
- Winnipeg - This city is near the heart of the continent and has a rich French-Canadian culture, along with well preserved blocks of historic commercial buildings, renowned arts and culture, and the vibrancy of the Forks.