Guide for dating in Victoria helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Victorian women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Victorian girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Victoria. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Victoria, Australia.
Girls in Victoria:
- Looks of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 5/ 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5/ 5
Dating in Victoria:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.5 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3 / 5
Sex in Victoria:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 3/ 5
More about Victoria:
- Nightlife in general: 3.5/ 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $100
- Accommodation: US$30 - $50
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
Victoria is a beautiful place and the women in the state are equally as beautiful. In cities like Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat and Mildura just to name a few; there are plenty of beautiful Australian girls all over the state. The typical Victorian girl is pretty, long legged with long hair and bright beautiful eyes.
The local girls are some of the nicest people you’ll ever meet and they will interact and converse with just about anyone. The state capital of Melbourne has a booming cultural district where you can encounter some of the more alternative girls from Victoria but for the most part the Aussie girls are your standard “girl next door” types.
They have super personalities and are very forward thinking; they are also fiercely independent and like to show that they too are strong women. Dating them can be a really pleasurable experience, it might take a bit of extra work to show them that really do like them but it will be well worth the effort.
There is no set dating culture in any of Australia and the state of Victoria is no different. Dating for the most part is very casual. From the way that guys and girls meet to the actual dates everything has a very relaxed feel to it. It is almost an exact reversal of dating in the western world.
Meeting new people is made easier by hanging out with a group of friends as it will allow you to meet more girls. Often it will be the case where a group of guys will meet up with a group of girls in a social environment and if you like a particular girl you can get her number and arrange a date where it is just the two of you.
Australian girls prefer the man to make the first move, so if you are interested in a girl it is on you to do something about it. They love the attention they get off any guy so if you want her you need to go out and get her.
Dating in Victoria can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Victoria and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Like we mentioned earlier there is a wide variety of women in the state, and each of them can be put into a category based on what the single guy are looking for. The younger women in the state are a lot easier to pick up than the older ones as they have grown up in a world full of acceptance. Read the following for an in-depth look into the women in this state.
Victorian Girls (age 18 - 29)
The younger Australian girls are so much fun to date, especially the students (18-23) with almost 50 universities and colleges in the state there are plenty of the bright eyed young female students in Victoria. Melbourne has the biggest concentration of students so if you’re into the younger girls then it’s a good idea to hang around the state capital. Students are easy going and not hard to impress. If you can buy them a drink and show them a good time they’ll be yours.
Then there are the young professionals (24-29) who can be some hard work but also very rewarding. They are a lot more motivated than the students and are a lot more picky when it comes to men. Most of them would have recently graduated from uni and looking to further their careers and that’s why they’ll look for a guy with similar ambitions. They are especially attracted to men with visible wealth. They can be a bit rude but if you get shot down take it on the chin and on to the next, at least the Aussie girls will be nice about it.
Victorian Women (age 30 - 45)
This is the toughest of the dating pool. It is in their early to mid-thirties when most women are looking to settle down, get married and start families etc. so if this is not what you’re looking for then it might be a good idea to try something else. As with everything in life there is always an upside to the downside, there are a few single ladies in their thirties who are looking to have some fun so if you can track down some of the more mature bars and clubs you can still have some fun.
There is a sinister side to this group of women though, some of them become bored with their lives in their early to mid-forties and they tend to look for extra marital relationships. There is a certain code of morals and ethics that apply in society and it’s probably best to stay out of these kinds of relationships so it does help to be careful when dating women in this age group.
Victorian Ladies (age 45+)
The mature ladies, they are a whole lot of fun and not a whole lot of effort. These are your ladies who are either divorced or widowed and are not looking for a serious relationship but more along the lines of someone they can have some with in the bedroom. They are fun because they have their lives together, set in their jobs and own their own houses so they won’t be dependent on you financially.
What makes them almost more fun to be with than the younger women is the fact that they are confident in who they are and unlike the typical Australian female they will make the first move. If you find yourself dating a mature Aussie lady then have fun!
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Victoria like the rest of Australia has a mass of foreign girls living in the state. Australia is one of the most popular destinations for migrants. You’ll find lots of European girls, South African, Asian and a few Americans. Since the end of WWII there has been an influx of Europeans moving to Australia so you’ll find lots of second generation migrants as well as first timers living in the state.
With the amount of universities in the state, especially the top class ones like the universities of Victoria and Melbourne there are also quite a few students from around the world, places like New Zealand, China and South Africa contribute largely to the international student population in Victoria. If you’re looking for a more adventurous foreign girl then a good idea would be to check out some of the tourist hotspots in the state.
The girls down under are very relaxed and open when it comes to activity in the bedroom, especially the younger ones. For a long time it was considered un-lady like to speak openly about enjoying sex and how often you have it but as the world moves forward so do the ideas and views of the Australian public. As long as you and your partner are two consenting adults, sexual relationship between the two of you will not be frowned upon and you can engage in sex as often and in any way that you please.
Like we’ve mentioned the state of victoria is a very forward thinking city especially the capital city of Melbourne. There are a lot of younger people living there and among the students it is very common to “hook up” with another person looking for casual sex.
With the variety of women living in the state however there are differences in the way certain cultures and religions handle sex. The locals and the European girls will have a more free spirited approach and have little to no prejudice when picking sexual partners. When it comes to the Indian and Chinese girls though, they are a lot more reserved and also there is a massive cultural pressure from their families to act a certain way and sex is seen as something that should only happen once you are married. However, there are always exceptions when it comes to this. So, you can try your luck with any girl you fancy, provided she is single and you are not offending any sentiments on her part.
While Victoria is a big state, if you’re looking for a one night only roll in the hay then Melbourne is going to be your best shot. With majority of the students living in and around the city the chances of hooking up on short notice and without any obligation after the fact are very high there. The students are the most likely to sleep with someone they’ve just met or don’t know very well. University life can be tough and causes a lot of stress and therefore many of the students are looking to let off a little steam.
Alternatively you could turn to one of the many dating apps or sites like Tinder, Badoo, elitesingles and eharmony to find a hook up. Many of the girls on these apps and sites are straight forward about what they’re looking for and this makes it’s a lot easier.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Victoria is a beautiful place filled tons of paces to meet hot single ladies. The key to being successful in meeting the right one for you is to go to places that suit your personality, where you feel at home and can be the best and most charming version of yourself. Check out the lists below for where to meet the potential girl of your dreams.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
The state has many original and funky places to grab a drink and meet some cute girls, if you need a little liquid courage to pick up girls then hit up some of these hotspots around the state.
Popular bars and clubs in Melbourne:
- Madame Brussels – If you’re looking for a slightly out there place to get a great cocktail then Madame Brussels is definitely the place to go. The décor will make you think that you’re at a mad hatter’s tea party. The staff are dressed like tennis players and serve cocktails by the jug full.
- Eau de Vie – Tucked away behind an unmarked door in Melbourne’s Malthouse alley you’ll find this intimate old school jazzy cocktail bar where mixing cocktails is an art form. Cocktails aren’t the only things on offer though; behind a fake bookcase you’ll find their dedicated whiskey room where you can enjoy a huge variety of some of the world’s best single malts.
- Ferdyduke – As with most of the bars in Melbourne you’ll have to look very carefully to find this polish themed bar. As well as the longest menu of cocktails, beers and spirits to be seen in Melbourne, they also serve fantastic Polish food. The bar isn’t very big so if you want to get a table make sure you get there early.
- Bar Ampere: If you’re looking for something a bit more edgy then Bar Ampere is the number one choice, this goth themed bar specializes in one of the most hard core spirits around, absinthe. The interior is very underground with exposed brick and power cables setting the tone for a wild evening.
- Bomba Rooftop Bar – This easy going Spanish bar delivers one of the most sociable experiences in the city, you can sit around a table with friends and enjoy an array of Spanish tapas while enjoying a host of wines, cocktails and spirits.
Best bars in Geelong
- Beave’s Bar – A very casual place to meet up with friends, the eclectic bar has a warm and welcoming feel to it. Grab a cold beer or something a little stronger from the fully stocked bar and enjoy spending the evening here with friends or come and make some new ones.
- 18th Amendment Bar – If you enjoy cocktails then you’re going to struggle to find a better spot in the city than the 18th amendment. The staff here are dedicated to bringing some of the best mixes in the country to its patrons night after night.
- Piano Bar Geelong – One of the most hyped spots in the city, if you’re looking for a night out that is above the average then Piano bar is the place to go. When it fills up there is such a party atmosphere it is difficult to bring yourself to leave, the extensive drinks list and expertly put together snacks menu keep everyone satisfied all week long.
Best pars in Mildura
- Mildura Gateway Tavern – Serving the locals and visitors since 1990 the gateway tavern is a great little place to meet up with friends and enjoy an ice cold beer and chat the night away over some of the best bar snacks you’re going to find in Victoria
- Fossey's Ginporium & Distillery – A family run distillery in the heart of Mildura this place make some of the best gin in the country. Enjoy a host of specialty gin based drinks. You can even take a tour of the distillery and learn about the process of gin making.
Nightclubs have been a place for guys to meet their dream girls for years and will be for years to come. When in clubs people are more open to meeting new people so if you’re a bit of a social butterfly then hit up some of victoria’s best.
Popular clubs in Melbourne
- Radar – Radar has taken over the venue from the old Lounge nightclub and boy have they rejuvenated the space. The club plays mostly electronic music which the brilliant new lighting set up supports brilliantly. Come bang your head to all the chart topping hits at radar till the early hours of the morning.
- Section 8 – Section 8 is much loved in the city for its most unpretentious vibe. The club that started out as a pop up has not moved since it started bringing the party to china town in 2006. The bar is a sliced open shipping container, the seating is old wooden pallets and the décor is simply street art on the surrounding walls. Another massive draw card is the fact that it’s always free entry.
- Globe Alley – one of the most popular live music venues in the city. Globe brings some of the best in local music acts to the CBD. The combination of lively music and cheap drinks make this little hideaway one of the most vibrant spots in the city.
- Cookie – If you wandered in here in the early evening you’d be forgiven for thinking you’ve entered just another restaurant but come 10 pm the seemingly quiet eatery turns into a bustling night club. Open till late every night it’s a good place to go to end of the night with some casual music and cocktails.
- New Guernica – Operating since 2010 on little Collin street this popular club has something for everyone, with various specialty rooms that make you feel like you’ve gone down the rabbit hole with each visit. Bringing some of the best in local and international DJs they are open until 5am on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Top clubs in Geelong
- 2 chambers – A trendy spot where you can party the weekend away while enjoying the top hip-hop and RnB tracks out there. 2 Chambers has some of the funkiest décor in the country with street art covering the walls from local artists who have drawn inspiration from the street art boom in Melbourne.
- Bloom – One of the newest additions to the clubbing scene in Geelong, bloom is the home for underground music in the city. If you’re looking to get away from the normal clubbing experience then head down to bloom for a night that will blow your socks off.
Popular clubs in Ballarat
- Blue Stone – blue stone is the big nighttime venue in the city, its three floors have something for everyone. The bottom floor is where you can book an exclusive VIP booth and then we move the 2nd floor lounge where you can catch your breath and then there is the basement; this is where the serious partying takes place. Blue stone plays host to some of the best in local and international DJs.
- Faux Social Club – if you’re looking for a real laid back good time then Faux is the place for you. Fitting in with the relaxed nature of the city this spot plays popular chart topping tracks while serving some of the best cocktails in the state. On top of all of that they close at 5am.
Malls are a great place to meet single women. They have everything that the fairer sex is after, endless clothing stores, coffee shops and cafes and the occasional cinema. If you feel like you might have more luck picking up women in this environment then try some of the state’s best malls
Best malls in Melbourne:
- Chadstone Shopping Centre – Billed as the fashion capital of Melbourne this large modern center offers some of the best high end fashion outlets in the country. With over 500 stores in the mall it’s a really large scale shopping experience.
- High Point Shopping Centre – Another big modern shopping mall with over 400 specialty stores. Shop anything from clothing to food to home ware and everything in between. The mall also has two food courts that allow you to satisfy any craving.
- Melbourne Central – Melbourne Central has a variety of store and eateries that will keep you coming back for more. With over 300 retailers and eateries it is a very popular mall with both locals and tourists. The center has five different levels with each one offering something different for all the various shoppers. Entertainment and shopping have never looked this good together.
Popular malls in Geelong
- Westfield Geelong – The Geelong offering of popular Australian mall chain Westfield is a large modern center offering a top to bottom shopping experience. You can choose from shopping fashion, sporting goods, groceries and home ware among others. As with any Westfield anywhere in the country you can expect great attention to detail.
- Market Square – Geelong Market Square is a modern mall that makes shopping a breeze, the welcoming feeling of the center and the wide range of specialty stores that keep shoppers interested cater to all. Shop all major local and international brands.
Malls in Mildura
- Mildura Central – Mildura is a single level shopping mall that provides a big city shopping experience in one of the smaller cities in the state, over 70 specialty stores cater to all the big time shoppers. With a host of larger retailers and smaller local boutique stores the mall has a big variety.
- Irymple Hub – A small yet efficient center in the heart of the city. While it might not have hundreds of stores there are enough quality boutique stores and retailers to make it a popular shopping destination. There are also various coffee shops and cafes for social visits.
The state of victoria has a variety of great outdoor attractions; they have everything from botanical gardens and wildlife parks to hiking trails and adventure parks.
Outdoors in Melbourne
- Trees Adventure – The premier tree top adventure park in Melbourne. If you’re looking for a high octane day out then Trees is definitely the place to go, with seven long courses and two short ones you can spend hours high above the ground navigating the beautiful trees of Melbourne.
- Werribee Open Range Zoo – Take an off road African safari just 30 min outside of Melbourne. Experience an African style safari and get up close and personal with rhinos, giraffes, zebras, antelopes and other wild animals as you make your way through the zoo’s open savannah.
- Skydive Melbourne - Take a 15,000-foot leap of faith over Melbourne, this is a great thing to check off your bucket list. Melbourne is a great city to view from the air. Melbourne’s only beach skydive will have you plummeting over St Kilda for a thrilling 60 seconds at a speed of 200 kph.
- Half Moon Bay – 40 minutes outside of Melbourne this iconic beach gets its name from the crescent shape. In the water you’ll find the wreck of the HMVS Cerberus, the wreck serves as a breakwater and attracts plenty of sea creatures making it a diver’s paradise.
Outdoors in Geelong
- Eastern Beach Reserve – When you hit the city’s waterfront you’ll find the Eastern beach reserve, this park has a variety of options for visitors including picnic facilities, playgrounds and a shark proof sea bath which is surrounded by the historical Art deco style boardwalk.
- Geelong Botanical Gardens – If you’re looking for a relaxing afternoon in nature then the Geelong botanical gardens is a great place to check out. The gardens have a variety of plants from all over the world. A fantastic spot for a picnic or an afternoon walk.
- Bellarine Rail Trail – A scenic walking and hiking trial just outside of Geelong that can make for a really enjoyable day out. The trail has some of the best views of the city of Geelong and the surrounding fauna and flora.
Outdoors in Ballarat
- Ballarat Wildlife Park – Ballarat Wildlife Park offers one of the most immersive and close up animal experiences in Australia. You can closely interact with meerkats, koalas and a variety of reptiles at the park.
- Lake Wendouree – Lake Wendouree is a beautiful artificial urban lake in the city that is maintained by the city. The lake has been popular among locals for over 150 years now. You can see people cycling, running and boating in and around the lake.
Universities and Colleges
The state of Victoria has quite a few universities and colleges with over 50 campuses across the state, most of them are based in Melbourne though which makes sense as it is the most developed city in the state. Check out these if you’re looking to game students.
Universities in Melbourne
- University of Melbourne – The University of Melbourne is the number one ranked university in a country full of top class schools. The school attracts the upper echelon of students from across the country and from all of the other surrounding countries.
- Victoria University – VU is a diverse and innovative school that prides itself on offering high quality education to those in Melbourne and the surrounding areas. VU offers a full range of courses including art, law, engineering and a popular one among the Aussies is sports sciences.
- Monash University – One of the largest universities in the country, there are a host of campuses around the state of victoria as well as campuses around the world in countries like Italy, China and Malaysia. Moash places an emphasis on its students interacting with international students.
- Melbourne Institute of Technology – MIT (not to be confused by the American version) is a tertiary institution that prepares students for the working world. The MIT specializes in information technology studies.
Universities in Geelong
- Deakin University – With a student body of over 60 000 Deakin is one of the largest universities in the country, with a variety of courses ranging from architecture and law to dietetic and nutrition. Graduates from Deakin usually find a job within 6 months of graduating.
- Gordon Institute of Technology – The Geelong city campus has been getting people ready for real life jobs for over 130 years now. Gordon is one of the leading TAFEs in Australia. You can choose from a variety of short courses, diplomas or apprenticeships.
Universities and colleges in Mildura
- La Trobe, Mildura – the Mildura campus has a really laid back feel to it. La Trobe offers some of the best education in the country. You can take your studies to the next level here and get ready to kick start your life out in the real world.
- SuniTAFE – Another one of the leading training facilities in the country established in 1980 they have been helping students reach their dreams for well over 30 years now.
Relationships in Victoria differ hugely from city to city, the capital of Melbourne is very forward thinking and laid back in the sense that many of the young people will casually date almost purely for the sake of having someone to keep them company, whereas in the smaller cities like Geelong, Mildura and Ballarat there is a more traditional sense of relationship where couples take it seriously and their aim is to settle down with their partners.
This is due to the large number of students in around Melbourne, as we all know when you’re young your thoughts seldom go to who you’re going got marry and when the right time to start a family is.
Relationships also vary from culture to culture; the locals will take a decidedly liberal attitude to casual dating where the Indian and Chinese people will get a lot of pressure from their families to find a spouse.
Again, in the state of Victoria the best chance you’ll have of a casual holiday relationship will be in the capital. Melbourne attracts so many different kinds of people from around Australia and the world that there is an endless variety to choose from. Getting into a short term fling with a local is fun because they can show you how locals enjoy their holidays but a more exciting option would be to hook up with a fellow tourist and explore the state together; uncover new things together and just have fun. Victoria has over 16 million tourists each year so you can definitely find an exciting and exotic girl to spend some quality time with while taking in the best that Victoria has to offer.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Some of the things that you can do to make your relationship a happy and a successful one are:
- Build Trust – The bedrock of every relationship is trust, if you and your partner don’t have trust you effectively have nothing. Communicate with each other as often and as best you can to strengthen the trust in your relationship.
- Be A Good Listener – Often women feel that their man doesn’t listen to them, if you want to solidify your relationship make a concerted effort to listen to your woman and not just listen but actually help her process the information she shares with you.
- Engage In A Hobby Or Activity Together – Victoria is full of opportunity for a couple to get out and find an activity they both enjoy, if you can find one with a bit of a challenge to it, your bond will increase exponentially as you help one another problem solve.
- Maintaining Financial Peace – Money is a big issue in modern life, with the cost of living rising each year in the state it is important that you are both on the same page. Draw up a budget that you can both stick to without too much fuss.
- Support – Partners are supposed to be a support structure for each other, if either one of you is experiencing any difficulties in your life be it physically, mentally or emotionally it really helps if your significant other can be there for you.
- Allow space – While spending quality time together is a very important aspect of the relationship, everyone needs a little time and space where they can be by themselves. This gives them time to recharge the social batteries and can often improve their moods exponentially.
Victoria is an easy place to fall in love with someone. This is where the smaller cities trump Melbourne. The ladies here are open about the fact that they are in the relationship for the long haul. They will be upfront with a guy about where they see the relationship going. In Melbourne the girls are a little harder to read, they love receiving as much attention as possible and they take a while to open up. Once they do though there are very loyal and will love you whole heartedly.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Many a man has wondered if he has truly found the girl he could spend the rest of his life with and there have been many cases where the man has been wrong, below we give you a few pointers to help you buck the trend.
• Planning a future- It is normally good sign when you are planning a future together, houses, kids, jobs etc. If you’re looking at these kinds of things with your girl then odds are it’s the real deal.
• You still find her attractive- With the amount of attractive women around today only a man with proper feelings for his partner will still see her as the most beautiful one in the room.
• You would rather hang with her than anyone else- If you’re at the point where you would rather spend an evening watching a movie and having a pizza with your bae than heading down to the pub for a few with the boys its tome to lock it up.
• You want the same things out of life- A good way to judge where the relationship is to see what your life goals are, if you’re both ready to take the next step you will have similar goals.
• You trust her- It takes a guy a long time to build up that complete and absolute trust in a woman and some guys never do. If you trust her whole heartedly you have real feelings.
• She gets along with your friends and family- Most of the time girls find our friends and certain members of our family annoying or irritating but if yours joins the fun and gets along with them then she is definitely a keeper.
Marriage is still seen by many as the logical next step to dating, and for the most part victoria is the same. Couples will look to tie the knot and properly start their lives together as man and wife. This being said, as Australia is such a progressive country there are a few who see things differently to the “old fashioned” way of living where they will spend their lives together and even raise a family without actually ever getting legally married. However, women in this state tend to be loyal and will make good life partners if you decide to marry a girl from Victoria.
Any wedding in victoria is beautiful. Many of the wedding traditions are taken from the heavy European influence in the state, the church, the white wedding gown and the old adage of something old, something new and something blue. With the added international flavour to the state you can also expect to see the odd traditional Indian or Chinese wedding, these will often also have an Aussie twist to it.
Victorians and Australians as a whole like to spend as much time with their families as possible, if you marry into an Australian family you can expect to see the entire extended family on every weekend and you better know your way around the sports field because every Aussie household has their favourite NRL or AFL team.