Guide for dating in Caucasus helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Caucasian women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Caucasian girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Caucasus. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Caucasus, Europe / Asia.
Girls in Caucasus:
- Looks of girls: 3 - 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3 - 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.5 -4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 2 - 4 / 5
Dating in Caucasus:
- Chance of arranging dates: 2 - 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 1 - 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 1 - 3 / 5
Sex in Caucasus:
- Women's sexual activity: 1 - 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 1 - 4 / 5
More about Caucasus:
- Nightlife in general: 2 - 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 1- 3 / 5
- Budget per day: US$40 - $600
- Accommodation: US$20 - $350
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
The Caucasus, or Caucasia, is a region between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea occupied by countries such as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and southwestern Russia. The region is separated into two, North (Ciscaucasus) and South (Transcaucasus). It is home to the Caucasus Mountains, including the Greater Caucasus mountain range, which has historically been considered a natural barrier between Eastern Europe and Western Asia.
The majority of Caucasian women are immensely beautiful. There are various ethnic groups, so there is no one way to describe the women in the region. It is relatively common for local girls to date foreigners, be it a short-term fling or an actual committed relationship.
Dating varies depending on who you are dating and where they are or what they believe. However, some traits are typical or expected as the general expectations in a relationship. Loyalty, protectiveness, and respect and are the main traits to expect from the woman you are dating. It is important to note that the woman will expect the same from you.
The dating culture has evolved over the ages. In the past, women dated solely to meet their future husbands, and in most cases, the first person they dated is the one they married. This is no longer the case. Nowadays, the dating culture is more open and flexible, and in as much as some people date solely with marriage in mind, others date for fun. Women under 26 tend to be more open to casual dating as they intend to live life to the fullest before getting married and having children.
All in all, dating culture varies depending on who you are dating and what their life goals are. It is essential to discuss such things before getting into a relationship to make sure that you are on the same page.
Dating in Caucasus can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Caucasus and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
The majority of women in the Caucasus are stunning beauties. There are numerous ethnicities across the region, which means that there is an excellent variety of women with different skin tones, body shapes, hair, and even eyes. There are a majority of Indo-European languages spoken with East-Slavic and Armenian being the most common. A few people speak English in the region.
The women in the region are, in most cases, good-natured and welcoming. They enjoy entertaining tourists as they get to experience different cultures. Some of them are timid and strictly subscribe to their cultural or religious beliefs. As is familiar with any place in the world, these women tend to vary when it comes to their personalities. The women in Azerbaijan are more reserved than those in the other countries in the region. This is mainly due to the fact that the majority of the population is Muslim and therefore, their religious beliefs in a way govern their actions.
Caucasian Girls (age 18 - 29)
The women in this age group can be further split into two. 19 to 25-year-olds are usually either still in University or just starting their careers. These girls are still relatively young and are not looking to be tied down by serious commitment and are therefore dating for fun. They tend to be dating to explore and experience before deciding what type of man they want to settle down with.
There are over thirty Universities in the Caucasus region. This shows that there is an extensive University population, both local and international. Therefore, there is a high chance of meeting girls interested in casual relationships as they are too busy with school to put in the effort required for a committed relationship. In most cases, these girls hang out around University campuses, malls, and nightclubs. However, not all girls of this age group are looking for fun, as some are looking to settle down as soon as they graduate.
Women aged between 26 and 29 are, in most cases, now in the 'settling down' stage of their lives. In most cases, these women have lived and enjoyed their youth and established themselves in their careers. The next step, therefore, naturally becomes to settle down and start a family. At this stage, women become picky and no longer just date for fun, but start to look at factors such as emotional, financial, and mental stability.
Girls in this age group are generally considered as being hot as they are still in their prime. You are most likely to find an exciting and eventful relationship with women from this age group than any other age group.
Caucasian Women (age 30 - 45)
Women in this age group are mature and are, in most cases, highly professional women who have been incredibly focused on building their careers and securing financial independence. In some cases, the women in this age group are divorced and could probably not be looking for anything too serious. However, because they are now mature, many women in this age group are looking to settle down.
With age comes experience, and therefore these women tend to know exactly what they want. This includes in the bedroom as well. These women tend to know what they want and thus make for steady partners. Finding a mature lady in the Caucasus is rare but entirely possible. The majority of these women are married and have families. However, a few are single and willing to spend their time enjoying with younger men. It is common to meet most of these cougars online either on regular dating sites or on specific websites where sugar mommas are searching for younger men.
Caucasian Ladies (age 45+)
Most women in this age group are married women, and therefore chances of dating them are low. They are mothers, and in some cases, grandmothers and dating tend to be the last thing on their minds.
Women in this age group who are dating tend to be looking for someone to grow old with; therefore, most of them have no time for flings and relationships that are not going anywhere. However, a few of them are open to casual dating, even with younger men. It is easier to find those who are open to casual dating on online dating sites such as Tinder, Geek Wire, and Date my age, to name a few. You can also, on rare occasions, meet them in bars.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
The Caucasus region is quite popular with tourists, especially in the summer, when it is possible to thoroughly explore without worrying about the chilly weather. The region is a relatively ideal holiday destination with many attractive and captivating sites to see and is quite appealing to visitors of all ages. With that said, it is possible to meet a foreign girl who is interested in a holiday fling.
There are thousands of international students in the region who study in one of the many universities. Students come to the region from different parts of the world to learn at the well-reputed universities all over the region and experience the culture. Russia has the highest influx of international students, as it has a worldwide reputation of producing top-notch working people, especially in the Medical field. Armenia has a few universities and the few international students are from nearby surrounding countries. As is the norm with university students, some of them could be open to having fun and can be found in areas that are frequented by university students.
The Caucasus is also quite a popular destination for ex-pats. The region has a beautiful history and heritage, and it is multicultural and welcoming, which draws many people in. There are many different countries that are welcoming to different people from various areas of expertise. Azerbaijan has the least number of ex-pats. The country is quite strict to live in as there are a few human rights violations such as lack of freedom of speech. Most ex-pats in the region settle in Russia, the country is rather cold and most people dislike that, but the economy is stable and the country is generally safe to live in. As an individual, you need to do the research to decide which part of the region you think would be the best fit for you.
Most women are open-minded about such chances are it will be mind-blowing. However, it is impossible to give one specific answer or description of sex with Caucasus women. Your sexual experience will vary depending on the type of person you end up with and your skills as the man.
Unlike previous generations where sex before marriage was looked down on, the current generation has a more open attitude towards sex, and women have increasingly become sexual beings. Most girls grow up planning to remain virgins until they get married, but as they grow older and experience life, most of them tend to have lost their virginity by the age of 20. As much as the girls may no longer be virgins, casual sex is still frowned upon, and therefore many people tend to shy away from it, sticking strictly to sex with the person that they are dating. However, religion still influences many girls, and they manage to hold on to their virginity.
The concept of women getting married as virgins is slowly dying away. However, this does not necessarily mean that finding a virgin in the city is an impossible task. The sexual experience itself tends to differ with the individual, based on numerous factors such as cultural experiences, experience, and the individual's general character. Also, with the aid of the internet, many women have become self-taught experts in sex. In the case of a general nature, some women might be more willing to explore new things than others as they are more open while others are more shy and conservative.
There has been quite a noticeable difference with regards to attitudes towards sex over the last few decades. The concept of one-night stands is no longer as taboo as it used to be. It is quite possible to go out and have fun, which could lead to a no strings attached one-night-stand experience. This practice is especially common with the younger college-going age group as they try to live life and enjoy the college experience. These women are at the stage where they enjoy having fun, and once in a while, a one-night stand is considered harmless.
However, even though the stigma against one-night stands has been reduced, there are still judgments. Most people would prefer to either not have a one-night stand or hide that they are into them as they are afraid of the judgments that they might be exposed to as some people consider those who partake of one night stands as lacking in morals.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
The easiest and fastest way to meet single girls is probably in person at functions, bars, and nightclubs. To catch the girls' attention, you need to be charming and sweet and create a fantastic first impression. It is best to avoid approaching girls on the street as they tend to find that disrespectful. It is best to approach women in places where they are comfortable and in the mood to be friendly. These places include the mall, movie houses, and for the most part, at nightclubs or gatherings.
As is expected in this technological era, dating apps have become quite popular for meeting single girls fast. Most people struggle when it comes to meeting people face to face and striking up a conversation. This has led to numerous people creating profiles on dating apps as they make it easier to meet like-minded people who are interested in starting a relationship. The most common dating app that is used by single people in as Tinder, Geek Wire, and Dates my age, to name a few. You can also, on rare occasions, meet them outdoors.
Outdoor locations are a great place to meet single girls throughout the city, especially in tourist hubs. The highest mountain in Europe, Mount Elbrus, is in the west part of the Greater Caucasus mountain range. On the southern side, the Lesser Caucasus includes the Javakheti Plateau and grows into the Armenian highlands. These are just examples of the unique outdoor experience that the region has to offer.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Partying and drinking have become common forms of entertainment with the current generation. This is the same for most countries in the Caucasus region. Many local beers and vodkas make drinking a very cheap and popular source of entertainment. Alcohol consumption and purchasing are restricted to people below 18.
Nightclubs, as well as bars and pubs, are the right places to meet girls. If you are looking for a girl to have a short and fun fling with, probably with no strings attached or maybe even a one-night stand, nightclubs are your best bet. This is perhaps because of nightclubs' general environment, which barely allows people to make a genuine connection. Bars and pubs have an environment where it is easier for people to talk and get to know each other, and this could lead to a much more stable and serious relationship as opposed to a casual hookup.
The party-scene in most of the countries in the region is quite busy and buzzing and is one that you should experience and take advantage of. Russia and Georgia have the most active nightlife and there are higher chances of meeting girls in nightclubs in these countries. Azerbaijan almost has no nightlife at all as the religious beliefs are against drinking alcohol. There are numerous nightclubs, with most of them having a no under 25 entrance policies, and they tend to ask for identification before entering to avoid underage drinking.
Best Clubs in the Caucasus region
- Velvet Karaoke Bar: It is, as is suggested by the name, a karaoke bar. It has a calm environment, and people go there to have a relaxed night, usually in groups. They have a great collection of karaoke songs as well as affordable food and drinks. As the night progresses and people get more intoxicated, the bar gets more interesting.
- Echevskiy Night Club: It is a rather popular and active dance club. There is an assortment of dance music and a vast dance floor with the perfect lighting, where people can let loose and just enjoy dancing the night away.
- Bassiani: It is one of the most favored clubs in the region. It is well known for its unique design as well as the general atmosphere. The club boasts of a great music collection with mainly house and techno music. The club is also popular with both local and international artists alike as it has a weekly line up of famous DJs to play the various events.
There are several shopping malls across the region, and these can be regarded as an exciting place to hang out with friends or go shopping. These malls tend to have additional attractions such as cinemas, casinos, fancy restaurants, and grocery stores. They are great places to meet people as friends go there to hang out and have fun. Malls provide a great platform to approach girls – even if it's just to get a phone number.
Malls in the Caucasus region
- Galleria Tbilisi, Tbilisi, Georgia- this is a large mall with multiple floors. There are numerous shops, including high brand stores such as Zara and Gucci. There is a food court that serves a variety of local and international cuisine. The mall also has a movie theatre, which is a great place to entertain yourself. Also, there is a monitored playground where parents can leave their kids as they go about their shopping.
- Ganjlik Mall, Baku, Azerbaijan, is a relatively sizeable modern mall with many shops, including a grocery store. The mall has several entertainment facilities, including a cinema and a bowling alley. There are also several high-end restaurants.
- Grand Park, Grozny, Russia- this is the most extensive mall in this part of the region. There is a wide range of boutiques and restaurants. The mall also has a playground for kids. The mall is rather pricy, though, so it is not the place for you if you have a tight budget.
The Caucasus region is relatively large, and there is an endless list of outdoor activities that you should add to your bucket list as you prepare to visit the area. Most of these places are experienced in their splendor during the summer, but a few are more magnificent in winter. It is, therefore, essential to do research on those that you wish to explore the most. Millions of tourists are attracted to the outdoor experience of the region every year. Listed below are some of the best outdoor destinations across the city.
- Mount Elbrus: It is a dormant volcano and the highest mountain in Europe and one of the world's seven summits. The mountain stands in Southern Russia, at the Western Caucasus, in the Russian republic of Kabardino-Balkaria. The mountain has two summits, both of which are dormant volcanic domes. The dried-up lava is beautiful to look at, and cable cars are used to take people closer to the top so that they can see.
- Lake Ritsa: It is a scenic lake in between the Caucasus Mountains with thick forests. Mixed mountain forests surround it. The Avadhara resort is close to the lake, making it convenient to visit since it is close. The lake is quite popular amongst Russian tourists. It is quite possible to sit down in the lush green area and have a picnic or do a bit of recreational fishing.
- Batumi Botanical garden: It is a vast area of land north of Batumi. It is located on the Black Sea shore; it is one of the most extensive botanical gardens in the former Soviet Union. It is easy to reach as there are buses that go to and from. The garden offers activities such as hiking, sight-seeing, and even golf. There are also several restaurants for those who don't want to bring their food with them. Romantic walks, especially towards sunset, are quite the norm.
- Mtirala National Park: It is a protected area in the Adjara region, Western Georgia. It covers a large area of land, over 15 000 ha. It is located between the Black Sea and the Adjara Mountains. There are several species of flora and fauna, and it is definitely worth the visit. The roads to the park are a bit rough, and you might need a vehicle with four-wheel drive to travel smoothly. The waterfall and lake in the park are exquisite, and the view of both is to die for.
- Tbilisi Zoological Park: It is the oldest and largest zoo in Georgia. It is located in the Vere River valley in central Tbilisi. The zoo used to occupy a vast land area and house over three hundred species native to the Caucasus and other regions of the world, but this population reduced after a flood in 2015. There is an aquarium inside the zoo, which is also worth a visit.
Universities and Colleges
Tertiary education is quite popular in the Caucasus. The city is quite popular with both local and international students. There are several universities in the city. Below is a list of the two most popular universities in the city.
- Saint Andrew, the First-Called Georgian University of the Patriarchate of Georgia, is a relatively new and modern private university in Tbilisi, Georgia. It was officially opened in 2008. The University has a rather vast student body and offers numerous undergraduate as well as postgraduate courses. Because it is a private university, tuition fees are quite steep.
- Baku Slavic University (BSU) (Azerbaijani: Bakı Slavyan Universiteti) is a public university located in Baku, Azerbaijan. The University has numerous faculties, namely, the Faculty of Pedagogy, Faculty of Linguistics and foreign language teaching, Faculty of Translation, Faculty of International relations and regional studies, and the Faculty for Azerbaijan linguistics and journalism. Most of the degree programs offered go up to Master’s level.
- Yerevan State University (YSU) was founded in 1919 and is the oldest continuously operating public University in Armenia. The University has many students and staff members and offers most of its programs up to the postgraduate level. Armenian is the primary language of instruction, but the school also provides English and Russian lessons for international students who need them.
- Saint Petersburg State University, Russia one of the oldest and largest universities in the country. It is a public higher education institution based in Saint Petersburg. The university has an extensive curriculum with over twenty-four faculties. One of the charms of the university is that it educated the majority of Russia's political elite, including presidents Vladimir Putin and Dimitry Medvedev, both of whom studied Law at the university. The language of instruction is Russian, and the university offers a foundational course in the language during the first year of study.
Relationships, in general, are complicated, and there are no written rules that could, in any way, guarantee their success. Dating in the Caucasus region is quite exciting as there are many activities that you can do as a couple as well as many people you can visit. There are a variety of girls from different ethnicities who view dating in different ways. There is enough culture to explore as a couple. There are numerous world-class coffee shops, restaurants, hotels in the city, and profitable entertainment industry. Local artists have many concerts and performances in different areas that you can attend as a couple, making date nights even more exciting as they involve dancing.
There are a variety of girls who have different expectations from the guys they are dating. The board's significant expectations are loyalty, faithfulness, and the ability to treat your girl like she is special. In return, you will discover that the average girls are loyal, loving, and passionate about finding love. Exploring a beautiful city has many exciting thrills – even for local people who have lived there. Furthermore, there is a rich history and an increasing willingness for people to date cross-culturally.
Holiday romances are relatively rare in most cities but are quite the norm in the top tourism hot spots. If a quick fling during your vacation is the thing you’re after, then your chances will be highest in the parts of the country where girls are used to the fact that guys are there for a short time and are therefore used to having short term relationships. In the city's calmer and areas, the girls are more interested in long-term relationships than a short holiday relationship. Second, there are many fun things to do, especially in tourist hubs with your girl.
There are numerous national parks, lakes, and site seeing adventures throughout the country. There are also thrilling activities such as mountain climbing, game drives, zip lines in many of the parks as well as boat cruises. If you are willing to put in the work, you are guaranteed to have a fantastic fling which you will remember for a lifetime. The idea of dating a foreigner is somewhat intriguing to most girls, especially in their early to mid-twenties. This is probably because it makes for a great story to tell their friends later.
Tips for Successful Relationship
All relationships come with expectations from both sides. To be able to create and maintain a successful relationship with a woman from the Caucasus, there are a few things that you can do, which will give you a leg up. Below is a list of some of the basic things that you can do:
- Offer to pay for the first date: This shows your intent and that you are a gentleman, willing to take care of a girl if that need arises. Most girls brought up with good manners will offer to contribute, but you must insist and take care of the bill. It is a strange but necessary custom.
- Be financially independent: Most of the women in the region are gainfully employed and thus economically independent. Therefore, there are very slim chances of them settling for a man who is unable to provide for himself and, in turn, his woman financially. Being financially independent does not mean you need to show off your money. It merely means that you should be able to afford the general things in life, including taking your girl out.
- In most cases, women are very respectful of the people around them, especially those who are older: They are also taught that the best way to judge a man's character is to observe how he treats those around him, regardless of whether they are older or of a lower position in life than him. Therefore, you will be judged based on how you treat the people around you. Also, the way you treat servers around you, be it waiters or security guards, says a lot about you. Being rude will not get you very far. If the girl takes you to meet her family, you should always be respectful. Although, in most cases meeting the family is quite a big step that is only taken when you are now considering marriage.
- Be creative when planning your dates: Try by all means to ensure that you keep the relationship exciting. There are many outdoor activities in the city, making the most of them give your girl a good time. Also, please take advantage of the many fancy restaurants to give her a chance to get dressed up and treat her like the most important girl in the room.
Every love story is different, and there is no formula for love, as people love differently and want to be loved differently. Love is a rather complex concept, as there is no way of quantifying it. Many people have different ideas of what love is based on what they believe. Also, love languages vary according to each individual. Some girls believe gift-giving is a sign of love. Others believe that giving them attention is a sign of love. You need to get to know the love language of the person you are dating to make them feel loved and, therefore, secure in the relationship
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Every girl is in love with the idea of love. From a young age, girls dream of meeting their ideal guy, falling in love, and getting married. However, most of them have been hurt with age and experience, and they become cautious about falling in love. You should, therefore, be patient to show her that you are worth loving and trusting. If you do it right, you will be able to sweep her off her feet. The way a girl acts around you says a lot about how she feels about you. A woman who loves you will want to spend a lot of time with you and is protective of her territory. Women in the Caucasus region believe a lot in exclusive relationships, so you can rest assured that she will only be with you if she genuinely loves you and will expect the same from you. If a girl doesn’t give you attention or demands yours, isn't willing to accommodate you and your needs, she is not the one.
A woman's age is also a determining factor on whether or not she's the one. In most cases, the younger women, those less than 25, are not ready to settle down, so you might be disappointed if you are looking for a long-term commitment. However, it is not impossible to meet women who do want to marry young. This is merely the culture, so if you are dating around in the university age group and you are expecting something long-term, make sure you talk about it and that you’re both on the same page. However, once girls get to their late twenties, they are usually ready to settle down.
As an individual, you know what qualities you require from the woman you want to settle down with. Therefore, you can do self-introspection to decide if the dating person is truly the one for you.
Married life in the Caucasus region has evolved over the years from one where women were expected to just stay at home and raise babies to more of a partnership. As opposed to the past, where women were only expected to be baby-making machines and take care of their husbands with no regard for themselves, modern marriages are comprised of career women who are still able to be homemakers. However, some women have no qualms with being housewives as long as they are well cared for by their husbands. The family also plays a vital role in marriage. As much as a couple moves away, they are still expected to be part of each other's families.
A critical aspect of marriage, legally speaking, is that all marriages can either be in the community of property or out of community of property. This means that before you get married, you can decide whether everything you have is shared equally amongst both spouses regardless of whose money was used to acquire it or not. If you are coming from another country and wish to safeguard your assets, consider this beforehand.
Weddings in most countries in the Caucasus region are high-class events that are taken seriously. The celebrations tend to last for days to allow the families to get to know each other as they celebrate their respective family members' union. Weddings can be carried out in court, religious places, or fancy wedding venues, but it is essential to make sure that they are registered under civil law. Also, weddings can either be in community or out of community, and it is vital to discuss this before the actual wedding day and sign the necessary paperwork if applicable. Some countries in the region have legalized same-sex marriage, while it is still illegal in others.
It is not an unusual thing for foreigners to get married in the region. They can either be marrying a local from that area or, in some cases, they are both foreigners who want a destination wedding. Different countries have different expectations for such marriages. However, the everyday things that are required are proof of being in the country legally, evidence that you are not already married, such as a divorce certificate, and some identification; in most cases, a translated copy of the original birth certificate.
When it comes to a marriage or long-term relationship, most Caucasian people will agree that faithfulness and family orientation is paramount. There is a beautiful tradition of the family being the core of society, with the government even encouraging the nuclear family as a model to follow. Extended family members are also quick to adopt spouses into the tribe. Couples need to try and build and maintain relationships with each other's families before marriage to avoid conflict.
Previous generations used to live with the man’s family before they could live alone as a couple, but that has changed over time. Most couples start to have babies as soon as they get married, as it is a cultural expectation that there should be a baby by the end of the first year. If you delay having children, they begin to suspect infertility issues, which are mostly blamed on the woman. However, some couples have started to shun this way of thinking and prefer to enjoy their marriage before having children.
Polygamy is illegal in most countries in the region, although it is quite normal in Azerbaijan, where the population is dominantly Muslim. Single-parent families and blended families have become quite popular and are no longer shunned or judged as much as before, mostly in the more progressive countries like Russia and Georgia.
This region's reputation as a resort area on the Black Sea is being rebuilt after the 2008 war.
An ancient, millennia-old civilization amidst stark mountain landscapes and remote canyons. Home to amazing world heritage sites, forgotten monasteries and boasting a wonderfully laid back and friendly culture.
The richest state of the Caucasus, its capital awash in oil wealth and international business, wonderful old palaces of the Shirvan Shahs in Baku and Sheki, Zoroastrian fire temples, barren landscapes—oil and salt spreading across the surface, and world-class hikes in the lush, heavily forested, mountainous north and south.
The lush green heart of the Caucasus, with fabulous cuisine and culture, incredibly diverse landscapes, and an exceptional wealth of ancient churches, cathedrals, monasteries, and cave cities
Ethnic Armenian upland slice of Azerbaijan that broke loose in 1994.
|South Ossetia |
Involved in the same war as Abkhazia, this mountainous area has yet to reach a similar level of stability. It remains remote and accessible, only to the determined, via Russia.
|Russia's North Caucasus |
Largely inaccessible from the independent Southern Caucasus states, this beautiful region of extraordinary mountains and river gorges, delicious food, stunning stone mountaintop villages, legendary hospitality, and a seemingly endless cycle of violence is covered in its own article.
- Baku — the region's largest city, international oil hub, and ancient capital of Azerbaijan
- Stepanakert — Nagorno-Karabakh's main town makes a base to explore this undeveloped upland area
- Sukhumi — Abkhazia's sub-tropical beach resort capital makes a change from the mountains
- Tbilisi — Georgia's vibrant capital, surrounded by mountains, and filled with good food and wine
- Tskhinvali — The capital of South Ossetia is the most accessible part of the remote and isolated region
- Yerevan — Armenia's capital is the region's most laid-back, with great places to eat, and within easy striking distance of the country's principal attractions