New South Wales
Guide for dating in New South Wales helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date New South Wales women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local New South Wales girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in New South Wales. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in New South Wales, Australia.
Girls in New South Wales:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 5 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4/ 5
Dating in New South Wales:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4/ 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in New South Wales:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about New South Wales:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $100
- Accommodation: US$30 - $50
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
Australian girls are absolutely gorgeous. Dating an Aussie girl is one of the best experiences you'll ever have. The typical Aussie shiela has long blonde hair, striking blue eyes and legs that go on for days. Usually when girls are good looking and they are aware of it they tend to be quite stuck up and sometimes unapproachable, this is not the case with the girls from down under. They are unbelievably friendly and willing to chat to anyone who wants to talk to them.
The Australians a very social people and because they have such a beautiful country especially the state of New South Wales; they spend a large chunk of their time out and about. Cities like Sydney and Wollongong are always a buzz with a combination of locals and tourists making the most of the great sub-tropical climate. The girls are really into outdoor activities in the state so that’s a big advantage if you're a more adventurous and active guy and you're into those kinds of girls, NSW is a gold mine.
There is a very relaxed and liberal dating culture in the state. The girls don't expect an awful lot from a guy, just be easy going and confident in who you are and you'll be successful. The ladies aren't impressed with how stacked your wallet is and can quickly tell if you’re putting on an act to try impress them. The nature of an Australians is to be as real as they can possibly be and this comes out when dating as well.
There is a massive online dating trend as well. With the time constraints of the modern world people turn to using apps and websites to meet new people. Tinder, Badoo, eHarmony and elite singles are some of the favourites to use. You can build a sort of relationship over the phone with someone before you physically meet them which is great because usually you'd have to go on a few dates before you know if you want to be with someone.
Sugar dating is one of the best ways to find a date in 2022. Men who are willing to buy gifts for sugar babies, will get physical or emotional pleasure for a return. Take a look of the wide selection of girls from SecretBenefits.
Dating in New South Wales can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in New South Wales and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
With NSW being such a big state there is a massive variety of women. Each city is the region will offer something slightly different to the next but there are some general similarities based on age and occupation. Below we take a look at what you can expect.
New South Wales Girls (age 18 - 29)
The youngest of the dating pool, the students (18-23) they are the most fun to date. Cities like Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong all have healthy student populations. The students are carefree and just looking to have new and fun experiences each day. They have no specific taste in men and will go out with anyone they find interesting regardless of race or culture. They typically hang out in the various bars and clubs across the popular cities.
Then we have the second portion of the young category. The young professionals (24-29) these ladies can be a touch more difficult to get with than the younger ones. Most of them have just graduated university and are looking to find jobs and further their careers. You’ll find them mostly in cities like Sydney and Newcastle as these cities have the bigger economies and more opportunities for jobs, these girls are more likely to be drawn to guys who are a bit more successful. Having money will definitely help you pull girls from this category.
New South Wales Women (age 30 - 45)
Dating women of this age is generally quite difficult. These are the years where women are looking for true love and the goal is to settle down and get married and probably start a family. NSW is a great part of Australia to raise kids and settle down but not every guy is looking to do either of those things. There are however some single ladies in their early thirties who are just looking to have fun, a city like Sydney would have most if not all of these ladies as it is very modern.
The back end of this category can be real fun and not as doom and gloom as the early part, there are far more single ladies in their early to mid-forties, these will be the recently divorced ladies who are looking to make up for time they feel they lost being married, this often makes them more outgoing and open to trying new things. These ladies enjoy hitting bars and clubs and just look to have a good time over the weekend.
There are a few issues with these particular ladies as some of them are still married but boredom creeps into their relationships and they then look for some extra marital fun, some guys are down for it but most of us would rather stay away as this can cause unnecessary conflict.
New South Wales Ladies (age 45+)
The mature Australian women are heaps of fun. A relationship with a sexy older woman is often more attractive to a younger man as the older ladies are often financially independent, have their own houses, cars etc. These relationships are also low maintenance, you won’t find yourself having to take them out on regular dates, buy flowers and chocolates and all the other things you would do for a younger woman as most of the time these relationships are purely physical.
The older ladies are a lot more experienced in the bedroom and are not afraid to let you know about it. There is also a level of confidence to these women that the younger ladies still need to find, they will often make the first move. They know exactly what they want.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Australia is a very popular destination for people looking to start life in a new country therefore there are large numbers of expats all over the country. Sydney is the most popular city for migrants in New South Wales with the 2016 census counting over 2 million residents that were born overseas. Main contributors to the foreign population are the USA, South Africa, New Zealand and Asia.
Each of the different nationalities have a different set of characteristics. The Americans are wild, they absolutely love partying and they are beautiful so these would be the top tier of the foreign girls. The South African girls are pretty but their best trait is their friendliness, they are as friendly if not more so than the locals and they also love a party. The British and the Asian girls are a bit more conservative but if you get to know them they can be real fun as well.
Australians have a fairly liberal view on sex and the role it plays in modern society. The girls aren’t stuck up and openly admit to enjoy having sex as much as guys do. While there is a level of openness about it you won’t often find an ausssie girl that initiates intimacy, they like to feel like the guy really wants them and is putting in some kind of an effort.
With the wide spectrum of people living in the state there are quite a few different views and customs when it comes to sex. For example the girls in Sydney and Byron bay will be more open to having casual sex without commitment whereas ladies in places like central coast will be far more reserved in their approach.
There are also differences among the different cultures and ethnicities in the state, there is a large contingent of Asian women especially in Sydney and typically the Asian women are very conservative and see sex as quite a taboo subject while the American girls will be far more open about it than even the local girls.
As the world becomes more sexualized so does the state of NSW. More and more adults are admitting that they have had a one night stand, and in all honesty it really isn’t that bad a thing. As long it was between two (sometimes more) consenting adults a one night stand is becoming more and more acceptable.
The emergence and recent boom in popularity of internet dating has provided people who are looking for no strings attached sex with a platform to find potential sexual partners who share the same views. Apps and sites like Tinder and Badoo are tailor made for this exact purpose, there are even specific sites for older people! Casual sex is no longer only for young people.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
New South Wales is the most populated state in the country. As a result there plenty of different women in the state and as many places to meet them; each city in the state will have some special places where you could potentially meet some special girls.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
A bar or pub can be a great place to meet single women, the Aussies love to socialize in large groups while out getting a drink. This works perfectly in the favour of those guys who like to have a few drinks before approaching a girl for that extra confidence boost. Below we look at some of the best spots to grab a drink in NSW
Best bars in Sydney
- The Baxter Inn – Located in the Sydney CBD this underground whiskey cellar gives an old school feel like very few other places in the city. The Baxter has over 800 different whiskeys on a 10 meter long wall.
- Zeta Bar – Perched strategically on the rooftop of the Hilton hotel in Sydney Zeta is one of the top places to grab a cocktail in the city. The award winning bar serves some of the best contemporary cocktails in the country.
- Papa Gede’s Bar – A very interesting place to grab a drink. This voodoo themed bar has one of the most interesting drinks menus in the city. Dishing out a long list of cocktails each with a different theme it is also one of the friendliest spots in town.
- Uncle Ming’s – Named after a Chinese gang leader this cocktail bar brings together exceptional Australian cocktails with a distinct Asian flavour and flare. The red and gold interior creates an underground mafia den atmosphere to match the traditional Asian food and drinks served.
Best bars in Newcastle:
- Carrington Place – Carrington is the premier gastro pub in Newcastle, the food is of a very high standard and so is the wine that pairs with it. The wine that is made in the nearby Hunter Valley. The full 80 seat restaurant is accompanied by a main bar that serves beer, wine and an assortment of spirits.
- Coal & Cedar – This is truly a hidden gem in the city of Newcastle. The interior of brick wall covered in taxidermy creates an almost eerie atmosphere but once inside you can see why it is one of the best bars in the country.
- The Grain Store – The cities first craft beer bar. Micro brewing has exploded in Australia and Newcastle has not been left behind. There are 21 taps in the bar that are dedicated to pouring only independent Australian beer.
- Bar Petite – One of the cosiest bars in the city, the intimate setting of Petite creates a welcoming feeling. The bar has no loud music or tv screens, only comfortable seating and great drinks that encourage people to interact with one another.
Best bars in Byron Bay:
- The Bolt Hole – This upmarket, swanky bar serves some of the best gin, whisky and craft cocktails. The bar serves more than 300 whiskies and gins, not to mention wines, artisanal spirits and signature craft cocktails.
- Byron Bay Brewery – A craft beer lover’s dream destination. There are six specially allocated taps that serve house-brewed beer that keep visitors more than happy all week long. There is an outdoor beer garden on site and they also offer brewery tours and beer tasting on weekends.
Best bars in Wollongong:
- Howlin wolf bar – This hidden whisky bar has over 250 different whiskeys on offer. However whisky is not the only thing they serve, they over 60 international beers on rotation and they also have a brilliant cocktail list.
- Births and deaths – Another popular drinking spot in the city of Wollongong. The bar serves a variety of beer, wine and spirits. The bar creates a great vibe and is very welcoming to all who visit.
Nightclubs in New south wales
There are a fair few clubs in the state, Sydney is the leading clubbing venue but there are a few other cities that give the capital a run for its money. Check out our list below.
Best clubs in Sydney:
- Oxford Art Factory – A contemporary live music venue. The two room club is constantly filled to the brim with over 5000 punters on any given evening. Each room has its own bar to keep everyone well hydrated.
- Ivy – The ivy precinct is one of the more sophisticated venues for a night out in the entire country. There a multiple bars, a roof top pool and ministry of sound events of Saturday evenings.
- Home The Venue – Easily the largest club in the city. The venue has three different floors with nine, yes nine bars! The home brings some of the top local and international DJs to keep the people of Sydney dancing every Friday Saturday and Sunday.
- Marquee – As the name suggests this club hosts some of the biggest names in the music industry. In the past they’ve had Calvin Harris, drake, Bruno mars and tiesto.
Best clubs in Newcastle
- King Street Nightclub – Situated in hunter street the King has a great party vibe. Open every night of the week with a host of different events they provide the biggest variety in terms of theme nights in Newcastle.
- The Argyle House – Open 7 days a week, the argyle house offers punters a very laid back clubbing experience. The club plays a variety of electronic dance music that is guaranteed to get you moving and grooving.
Best nightclubs in Byron Bay
- The Sticky Wicket – A popular late night hangout in the heart of Byron bay. The live music, well mixed cocktails and litres of craft beer make it a very diverse place to visit; they’re also open till 3 am which is a bonus.
- Cheeky Monkey’s Restaurant & Bar – Open 6 nights a week with a different themed party every night. They are one of only a few late night venues in the city that are open till after 2 am. Student nights on Thursdays are some of the biggest attractions.
Shopping malls are fantastic for meeting single women; they have everything that could possibly attract women with some spare time over the weekend. Filled with retail outlets, cafes, cinemas and coffee shops there is plenty of opportunity for single men.
Best malls in Sydney:
- Queen Victoria building – One of the most beautiful buildings in the city. The architecture is so beautiful that most people come just to see the building. Aside from this there are plenty of high end fashion outlets, great coffee shops and a host of other places to grab a light meal.
- Tramsheds - Tramsheds is a premier destination for food and lifestyle shopping in Sydney. This re purposed dining precinct has 11 different restaurants to go with the various grocery stores, homeware outlets and clothing stores.
- Westfield Sydney - Westfield is a more traditional commercial shopping centre. It is quite a large centre with over 280 stores. The stores include grocery stores, fashion outlets, restaurants, coffee shops and a few other retailers.
- Market city shopping centre – Located in the CBD in Chinatown market city is one of the best shopping experiences in the city of Sydney. There are plenty of large retailers as well as lots of Asian inspired stores that bring a taste of Asia to NSW.
Shopping malls in Newcastle:
- Marketown Shopping Centre – Located in the west of Newcastle, Marketown is a great little shopping centre. Whilst the centre isn’t very big it still has everything you need from a shopping mall. And with over 60 specialty stores you will definitely find what you’re looking for.
- Charlestown Square – The Charlestown square is the biggest shopping complex in the city of Newcastle. With over 240 stores it has absolutely everything you could possibly want from a mall. Specialty fashion, grocery and lifestyle stores keep shoppers coming back week in and out.
- Stockland Glendale – SG is a simple and relaxed open air shopping facility that has some of the biggest retail chains in the country including Kmart, Coles and Woolworths. Your average shopping day here always feel special due to the brilliant outdoor setting.
Best shopping malls in Byron bay
- Byron Bay fair – Located in one of the most beautiful towns in Australia; Byron bay fair is a single level shopping centre that has just what you need when visiting the picturesque town of Byron bay. From grocery stores to specialty retailers the fair has you covered.
- Mercato on Byron – This is a sophisticated multi-level shopping centre in the city of Byron bay. Slightly different to the super laid back and casual culture of the city but it brings a touch of class to the city. Fine dining and high end fashion shopping are the main attractions.
New south wales is one of the most spectacular places in the world, with the great coastline being one of the biggest draws for tourists and locals alike. There are also many other attractions like hiking trails and gardens that allow you to get close to nature. Check out some of these popular spots to meet single girls.
Best outdoor spots Sydney:
- Sydney opera house – This iconic structure needs no introduction. It is one of the most popular attractions in the world let alone Australia. You can take a boat tour from the harbour to get a better 360 degree view of the building.
- Bondi beach – The most iconic beach in the country. Bondi beach is great for a relaxing afternoon on the beach, whether you want to work on your tan, lounge in the sand or just enjoy the cool blue Sydney waters Bondi beach is the place to be.
- Sydney Harbour Bridge - Take real adventure and climb the harbour bridge, opened in 1932 the coat hanger as it is affectionately known as has been providing daredevils the opportunity the scale the 134 meter high structure. You have to get through a series of ladders and catwalks in total the climb has 1332 steps.
- Blue Mountains – Just outside of Sydney lay the beautiful and rugged Blue mountains. The mountains are surrounded by eucalyptus forest, and dotted with cascading waterfalls and scenic bushwalking trails the blue mountains will make you feel like you a million miles away from any city.
Outdoor spots in Byron bay
- Cape Byron Lighthouse – If you’re looking for the most spectacular sun rise in the country then the Cape Byron lighthouse is the place to go. In order to get here you’ll have to take the cape Byron walking trail that starts on Captain Cook’s beach.
- Main beach – Byron bay is one as one of the best surfing spots in Australia, every day hundreds of locals and tourists alike flock to main beach to hit the waves. It doesn’t matter if you’re a pro or just starting out everyone there will be more than willing to lend a hand.
- Julian Rocks – Found in the Nguthungulli Nature Reserve the Julian rocks is an excellent scuba diving or snorkelling spot. It is one of the few reefs in the country where cold and tropical water marine life cohabitate allowing divers to get the most diverse experience possible.
- Three Sisters walking track in Broken Head Nature Reserve – This is an incredibly scenic and rather mild walking track that provides beautiful views of the Byron coast line. The walking trail also offers invaluable historical information about the aboriginal tribes who are indigenous to the region.
Outdoors in Central coast:
- Australian Reptile Park – Australia if famed for having an abundance of wildlife and here at the Australian reptile park you can see most of it. While the main attractions are the crocodiles and snakes there are many other species of wild animal to behold.
- Central Coast Aquapark – We are all still kids at heart and at the central coast aquapark you can re discover that inner kid as you take on the obstacle course loaded with fun. As this is a water park it is only open from late December to end of February so plan accordingly.
- Distillery Botanica – A literal gin garden. Enjoy a peaceful and relaxing stroll through the gardens and take in the beautiful flora while tasting some of the finest gin that Australia has to offer. This award winning distillery attracts visitors from all over the world.
Universities and Colleges
The state of new south wales has some of the best universities in the country. Students from all over aus and the world enjoy studying here because there is so much to do outside of school, take a look at the list below as we highlight some of the best
- University of Sydney – The university of Sydney has a rich heritage, schooling the best and brightest of the region for over 160 years now. With 73 000 students in attendance the school is made for socializing, there is a large amount of student groups who have regular gatherings. There are also enough clubs and bars in the city that have special student events each week making the city a student’s playground.
- University of Newcastle – The university is only 50 years old but is already in the top half of universities in the world, such is the quality of education that is on offer her. Students from all over the country choose to further their studies here while there is a large number of Asian students as well highlighting the international appeal of the school.
- UNSW- The university of new south wales. Based in Sydney the state university has just over 60 000 students. UNSW has the most foreign students in the state as it is one of the most popular schools in the country; majority of the foreign student body is from Asia.
- University of Wollongong – One of the top modern universities in the world, in fact UOW was rated the best university in NSW for 2019. The school is constantly ranked in the top 200 universities in the world and the graduates are sought after throughout the country. 75% of students who graduate from UOW have full time employment within 4 months of graduating.
- Macquarie university – A top class tertiary education institution that offers a great learning experience along with high quality education. The social life at MU is brilliant, almost every student is involved in some or another programme that helps the school function and after a hard days learning they all congregate in the on campus bar.
- University of technology Sydney – UTS is the leading school for technology and IT in the state and one of the top schools for technology in the world. UTS focuses on preparing students to excel in the outside world and take the reputation of UTS to the next level.
There are plenty of schools in the state of NSW and each of them have a diverse and welcoming student body, the aussies students absolutely love going out and having a good time so lookout for student bars and clubs and you’ll have no trouble picking up single girls.
Relationships in the state can differ city to city, for example girls in Byron bay are more likely to be laid back and relaxed and generally easy going whereas the ladies in Sydney might be a little more high strung with the pressure of fast paced city life. On the whole Australian girls are quite relaxed when it comes to relationships. They take things very easy initially and want the man to show hi interest before they commit to the relationship in any way.
The aussies girls are great fun to date though as they are always up for having fun, they will very seldom choose to stay in and hang out in front of the tv, they prefer either going to the beach or heading to the bar for a drink. With cities like Sydney, Wollongong and Newcastle there are plenty of young women who are looking to meet their dream man.
New south wales would be the ideal place for a holiday fling, and what makes it even better is the wide spectrum of girls you could have the fling with. Whether it’s a local girl or a tourist NSW is a great place to explore with someone by your side.
The local girl will be exciting because they can show places that no one else will ever see, they will help you enjoy a holiday like never before, and because of their laid back and relaxed nature they won’t be too bothered by the fact that it is only a short term relationship. At the end of the day it’s all about having fun.
New south wales also has a large number of tourists moving through the region each year, girls from countries like the USA, England and China visit the state each year and this also provides the single young gentleman with ample opportunity for a summer fling, especially the American girls love to keep things short and sweet and there is no better setting than NSW coast for some short, sweet and steamy fun.
Tips for Successful Relationship
- Build Trust – Trust is the most important part of any relationship. If a man and woman can’t trust each other the relationship simply cannot grow. In the world we live in today you have to have trust as you cannot spend all your time together and you have to have a certain level of faith that your partner is being honest with you.
- Be A Good Listener – Communicating with one another is also one of the big obstacles that couples need to get over in order to prosper. In order to have good communication you need to listen to each other and listen well.
- Engage in A hobby or activity together – Spending time together as a couple is very important. Finding a hobby or social activity that you are both interested in in the entire state of NSW shouldn’t be difficult. Try finding something that challenges you both, that way you learn to problem solve together.
- Maintaining Financial Peace – The cost of living in NSW differs from city to city. So depending on exactly where you live your approach will differ but essentially it all remains the same. A good idea is to sit down each month or week, depending on when you both get paid and draw up a budget in order to cut back on unnecessary spending.
- Support – An aussies girl is strong and fiercely independent but everyone needs a shoulder to lean on. If you can provide that shoulder to your partner it will show her that you are not just in the relationship for the good times and will bring you closer as a couple.
- Allow space – While spending time together is important for the relationship, giving each other breathing space is also not a bad idea. Occasionally human beings just need a little time on their own to clear out whatever clutter is in their head, this doesn’t mean you need to separate just find things that as individuals you do that allows that time alone.
Love is a big word and if it used prematurely it can may ruin the relationship, however if given time and the right attention any relationship can blossom into true love. The local girls like to let the man lead the relationship so if you want things to get serious and move from one stage of the relationship to the next you need to be the one to make the move.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Below we list a few tips to go with that gut feeling to know if your current girl could potentially be the one you spend the rest of your life with
- Planning a future - If you’re serious about a girl you will often look to plan things long term.
- You still find her attractive - With the amount of good looking girls out there if you still find your girl the most beautiful then you know the feelings are real.
- You would rather hang with her than anyone else - If you would rather spend the evening with your lady than your mates it’s time to settle down.
- You want the same things out of life - Setting goals as a couple is a fantastic indication that your relationship is on the right track.
- You trust her - If you can honestly say that you trust your girl whole heartedly she is the one for you.
- She gets along with your friends and family - Your girlfriend doesn’t often get along with your cousins and best mates as they are usually the ones you get up to mischief with but if she tolerates them then she’s in it for the long haul.
NSW has a largely younger population and with the younger people there is a sense that getting married is not as important as it once was. The days where you were shunned if you lived together out of wedlock are long gone and these days’ couples will even have kids before they tie the knot. All this said howler the sanctity of marriage is still what it was and there is a great respect for couples who do choose to get hitched.
You will find a large variety of different ideas, traditions and cultures at weddings across the state. For the most part there is a strong European feel to the wedding, the white dress the church and everything that normally goes with the white wedding and then of course you have some of the aussies traditions mixed in like the didgeridoo welcoming people to the ceremony.
Australians traditionally love to spend time with their families, even when they move away from home there is always a big effort to make it back to mom and dad’s place for the holidays and any other special occasions, so if you marry into an Aussie family expect to see a lot of the family!