Montpellier dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date French women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot French girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Montpellier, France.
Girls in Montpellier:
- Looks of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4 / 5
Dating in Montpellier:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4/ 5
- Casual dating culture: 3 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.5 / 5
Sex in Montpellier:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5/ 5
- One-night stands: 3/ 5
More about Montpellier:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$50- $800
- Accommodation: US$ 20- $600
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Montpellier is a city near the south coast of France on the Mediterranean Sea. It is the capital of the Hérault department and is located in the Occitanie region. The city is home to a mostly young population, aged between 18 and 35. This population has more females than males. There are many beautiful and friendly women. Dating local girls in the country is possible and varies according to the city or town that you are in.
The main traits that you will find when dating across the city include but are not limited to loyalty, protectiveness, respect, and the fact that the girl will, in most cases, expect you to be loyal to her as well.
As opposed to the previous dating culture, which was more focused on leading to marriage and building a family, the dating culture has become more flexible with the majority of the younger women (below 26) dating for fun and pleasure as opposed to strictly looking for a husband. A large number of these girls are just looking for a fun relationship in which they can experience new things before they settle down and have kids.
The dating culture varies according to the person that you are with and what they want. The city has a rather busy dating scene as it is home to many women who are in their early 20s. Here the women are more open to casual dating as well as sex before marriage. It is quite possible to date casually, but because there are fewer men in the city, some women are looking for something more serious and committed.
Most of the women in the Montpellier are what could be called 'classic and exotic beauties.' They are mostly dark in complexion and have the typical curvy bodies that are associated with African women. Montpellier is home to thousands of beautiful women, with the majority of them being of French heritage. Spanish population, heritage and influence are also quite dominant in the city. There are also houses Moroccan, Algerian, and Italian communities. The women are quite beautiful, with the exotic looks that reflect their different ethnicities.
As is familiar with any place in the world, these women tend to vary when it comes to their personalities. The women in Montpellier are, in most cases, amiable and welcoming. They enjoy entertaining tourists as they are usually not very many of them. Some of them are timid and strictly subscribe to their cultural or religious beliefs. The official language, which is used for education and business, is French and is commonly used to communicate amongst the many ethnic groups in the country.
French Girls (age 18 - 29)
The women in this age group can be further split into two. 19 to 25-year-olds are usually either still in University or just starting their careers. These girls are still rather young and are not looking to be tied down by serious commitment and are therefore dating for fun. They tend to be dating to explore and experience before deciding what type of man they want to settle down with. Montpellier is considered as being an old university city as it has several universities. This, therefore, means that the city has an extensive University population and is, therefore, the place to be if you are looking for fun relationships.
These girls can be found mostly at University campuses, malls, and nightclubs. However, not all girls of this age group are looking for fun. Some, especially the highly religious ones, are looking to settle down soon after college. Therefore, you should take the time to get to know the girl and her expectations from an early stage so as not to be disappointed.
Women aged between 26 and 29 are, in most cases, now in the 'settling down' stage of their lives. In most cases, these women have lived and enjoyed their youth as well as established themselves in their careers. The next step, therefore, naturally becomes to settle down and start a family. Women at this stage become picky and no longer just date for fun, but start to look at factors such as emotional, financial, and mental stability.
Girls in this age group are generally considered as being hot as they are still in their prime. You are most likely to find an exciting and eventful relationship with women from this age group than any other age group.
French Women (age 30 - 45)
Women in this age group are mature and are, in most cases, highly professional women who have been seriously focused on building their careers and securing financial independence. In some cases, the women in this age group are divorced and could probably not be looking for anything too serious. However, because they are now mature, many women in this age group are looking to settle down.
With age comes experience, and therefore these women tend to know exactly what they want. This includes in the bedroom as well. These women tend to know what they want and thus make for steady partners. Finding a mature lady in the Montpellier is rare but entirely possible. The majority of these women are married and have families. However, there are a few who are single and willing to spend their time enjoying with younger men. It is common to meet most of these cougars online either on regular dating sites or on specific sites where sugar mommas are searching for younger men.
French Ladies (age 45+)
Most women in this age group are married women, and therefore chances of dating them are low. They are mothers, and in some cases, grandmothers and dating tend to be the last thing on their minds.
Women in this age group who are dating tend to be looking for someone to grow old with; therefore, most of them have no time for flings and relationships that are not going anywhere. However, a few of them are open to casual dating, even with younger men. It is easier to find those who are open to casual dating on online dating sites such as Tinder, France-dating, and Date my age to name a few. You can also on rare occasions meet them in bars.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Montpellier is a popular and exceptional tourist destination. It is the ideal holiday destination as it is less than three hours from Barcelona and Italy and just 11 kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea. Its location makes it possible for people to travel amongst these areas. This, therefore, means that there is a very high possibility of meeting foreign girls who are also on vacation and looking for a holiday fling.
The city is known as being an old university town and has several international students from all over the world. Students come to the city from different parts of the world to study at the popular universities in the city as well as to experience the culture. As is the norm with university students, some of them could be open to having fun and can be found in areas that are frequented by university students.
Montpellier is quite a common destination for expats. The city has a beautiful history and heritage. It is also quite popular due to the fact that there is amazing food and wine, the blue skies and sunshine, the beach bars (paillotes) and the fact it’s three hours from Barcelona or Paris. The city has suffered from political instability and lack of infrastructure for a while now, which has led to a rather low employment rate; therefore, very few people move there. There are communities, both offline and online for expats, where you can meet someone to date, whether they are from the same country as you or from other countries.
It is impossible to give one specific answer on what sex with the women in Montpellier is like. Your sexual experience will vary depending on the type of person that you end up with, as well as your skills as the man.
As opposed to previous generations where sex before marriage was looked down on, the current generation has a more open attitude towards sex and women have increasingly become sexual beings. Most girls grow up planning to remain virgins until they get married, but as they grow older and experience life, most of them tend to have lost their virginity by the age of 20. As much as the girls may no longer be virgins, casual sex is still frowned upon, and therefore many people tend to shy away from it, sticking strictly to sex with the person that they are dating. However, religion still influences many girls, and they manage to hold on to their virginity.
The concept of women getting married as virgins is slowly dying away. This, however, does not necessarily mean that finding a virgin in the city is an impossible task. The sexual experience itself tends to differ with the individual, based on numerous factors such as cultural experiences, experience, and the general character of the individual. Also, with the aid of the internet, many women have become self-taught experts in sex. In the case of a general nature, some women might be more willing to explore new things than others as they are more open while others are more shy and conservative.
There has been quite a noticeable difference with regards to attitudes towards sex over the last few decades. The concept of one-night stands is no longer as taboo as it used to be. It is quite possible to go out and have fun, which could lead to a no strings attached one-night-stand experience. This practice is especially common with the younger college-going age group as they try to live life and enjoy the college experience. These women are at the stage where they enjoy having fun, and once in a while, a one-night stand is considered harmless.
However, even though the stigma against one-night stands has been reduced, there are still judgments for having one. Most people would prefer to either not have a one-night stand or to hide that they are into them as they are afraid of the judgments that they might be exposed to as some people consider those who partake of one night stands as lacking in morals.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
The easiest and fastest way to meet single girls is probably in person at functions and bars and nightclubs. To catch the girls' attention, you need to be charming and sweet and create a fantastic first impression. It is best to avoid approaching girls on the street as they tend to find that disrespectful. It is best to approach women in places where they are comfortable and in the mood to be friendly. These places include the mall, movie houses, and for the most part, at nightclubs or gatherings such as parties.
As is expected in this technological era, dating apps have become quite popular for meeting single girls fast. Most people struggle when it comes to meeting people face to face and striking up a conversation. This has led to numerous people creating profiles on dating apps as they make it easier to meet like-minded people who are interested in starting a relationship. The most common dating app that is used by single people in Montpellier is Tinder. Date France is another popular dating site, and it helps to connect singles from all across the globe and helps them find true love. The database is home to a database of members from all different ethnic groups and promotes interracial dating. These apps are quite easy to download and are mostly free of charge to use.
Outdoor locations are a great place to meet single girls throughout the city, especially in tourist hubs. The beach is a perfect place to meet girls who are fun-loving and, in most cases, ready for a holiday fling. This is because university girls like to go to these places for girls' trips and could be open to making new connections.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Drinking alcohol and partying has become the number one past-time for the current generation, which rings true in the Montpellier as well. A large majority of the alcohol consumed in the Republic is made locally, and this, therefore, it is relatively cheap, which could be an advantage to visitors from outside. Alcohol consumption and purchasing are restricted to people under 18.
Nightclubs, as well as bars and pubs, are good places to meet girls. If you are looking for a girl to have a short and fun fling with, probably with no strings attached or maybe even a one-night stand, then nightclubs are your best bet. This is probably because of the general environment in nightclubs, which barely allows for people to make a genuine connection. Bars and pubs have an environment where it is easier for people to talk and get to know each other, and this could lead to a much more stable and serious relationship as opposed to a casual hookup.
Montpellier has a number of areas that are considered as being the party areas in the city. These are areas where most of the hip and happening night clubs. Most nightclubs have a no under 18 entrance policy, and they tend to ask for identification before entering to avoid underage drinking. Most night clubs are in the Centre Historique area.
Best Clubs in Montpellier
- By Coss Bar – This is a cozy and casual club in the city. It is an innovative cocktail bar that is well known for its fancy and creative cocktails. They do also serve simple drinks for those who are not interested in experimenting with their drinks.
- La Pleine Lune- This is a bar that is most popular with artists and intellectuals. There are live shows from popular bands in the city as well as international artists from time to time. The dress code is casual and not strict.
- Le Fizz- This is a nightclub popular with the young student crowd. They regularly hold themed parties (fluorescent or bohemian chic, for example - check the schedule to see what's on when you're in town). Tuesdays are usually ladies' nights when all female visitors are entitled to a free drink, so this is probably when there will be many women in the bar. It is open till 5 am and this makes it popular with those who want to party all night.
- Les Tanins d'Abord – this is a wine bar in the core of Montpellier's historic district. It is a beautiful design that looks like a wine cellar and has tables made of wine barrels. It is famous for successfully pairing cheese, ham, or tapas alongside a glass of wine. There are also several other beverages besides wine.
- Panama Café- This is a very popular nightclub for those who want to dance all night. The club serves amazing cocktails. Drinking here is rather cheap because there is a daily happy hour between 6 and 11 pm. The dance floor is not really overcrowded as there are two dance halls. There is a terrace, smoking room, and a VIP lounge inside.
- Rockstore- this is a combination of five bars and clubs, with the largest of these having a capacity of one thousand people. It is a very lively and loud environment with various types of music besides rock. It is not conversation-friendly though as there is a lot of noise.
The city has several shopping malls that could be considered as an exciting place to hang out with friends or go shopping. These malls tend to have additional attractions such as cinemas, casinos, fancy restaurants as well as grocery stores. They are great places to meet people as friends go there to hang out and have fun. Malls provide a great platform to approach girls – even if it's just to get a phone number.
Malls in the Montpellier:
- Le Polygone- this mall is quite simple and is home to several common brand name stores such as Zara. The mall has many security guards as theft is quite common. It is rather popular because it is easily accessible.
- Centre Commercial Regional Odysseum- this is quite a large mall with enough shops to keep you occupied for a long time. The mall has a very large parking area so parking is not an issue. It is also accessible by tram for those who are not driving. There are tons of amazing restaurants as well as an aquarium. The mall has many other exciting experiences such as cinema, ice rink bowling, and go-carting.
- Marché Du Lez- it is considered as being a lovely place to visit on a Sunday. All the shops will be open as well as the various food courts and food trucks. You can walk around the mall and then sit down and enjoy the sun in the outdoor sitting area.
- Halles Laissac- this is a relatively small mall with a comfortable and modern design which includes a glass dome-shaped roof. There is a lovely friendly atmosphere. The mall also has high-quality fruits and vegetables, cheese, seafood, and wine. There are also many food stalls, which lead to the mall being very busy at lunch time
- La Galerie - Geant Pres d'Arenes- this mall has a giant section where bulk purchases can be made. There are many imported goods in this mall including American junk food. The mall is almost always busy so it is best to go towards the closing time when mall traffic has reduced. You need to exercise caution as the mall is in a rather rough neighborhood.
Montpellier has a beautiful outdoor experience to offer. The city has many exciting activities that can be carried out outdoors. There are many natural cornerstones, which you can explore and enjoy. These places attract thousands of tourists, both local and international, per year, and are rather amazing places to either meet people or to go for dates. Listed below are some of the best outdoor destinations across the city.
- Jardin des Plantes de Montpellier is a historic botanical garden and arboretum located on Boulevard Henri IV, Montpellier. It is maintained by the Université Montpellier and is open every afternoon daily except Monday. It is France's oldest botanical garden, and it contains about 2,680 plant species, including 500 native to the Mediterranean region. Of these, roughly 2,000 species are grown outdoors, and 1,000 under glass. Admission is free.
- Montpellier Zoological Park this is a French zoological park located in the region Occitanie, in the north of the city of Montpellier. It was designed to represent seven climatic zones and habitats and even has an artificial rainstorm every two hours to mimic the rainforest environment. The park is home to over 500 animals and 8,000 plants representing 300 species. There is a variety of animal species which include anacondas, ants, anteaters, armadillos, bats, boas, caymans, ibises, ocelots, piranhas, tamarins, and tarantulas. There are several plant collections which include thirty-four species of palm trees, fifteen species of tree ferns, and ninety-five types of trees.
- Plage de L’Espiguette is a beach that is considered as being one of the most beautiful beaches in France. The beach is a wild stretch of sand, around 18 kilometers long, with dunes at the back and great waves crashing onto the shoreline. There is also a lighthouse that is easily accessible and you will be able to see all the secluded spots from its majestic view.
- Park area of Meric is a striking green space offering picnic areas, a running path, a dog park, a small river, and a playground. The park is famous for its meadow full of poppies in the month of April. It is, in general, the perfect place to go for a morning walk or to just spend an afternoon of relaxation.
Universities and Colleges
Tertiary education is quite popular in Montpellier. The city is considered as being an old university town and is home to eleven universities and colleges. Below is a list of the three most popular universities in the city.
- The University of Montpellier – is a French public research university in Montpellier in south-east France. It was established in 1292, which makes it one of the oldest universities in the world. It is quite a high ranking University, 55th in the world and 16th in Europe. The University has commendable faculties of Liberal Arts, Law, Medicine, and Theology.
- Montpellier Business School –was founded in 1897 and offers several programs which include but are not limited to; Bachelor, Master Masters of Science, and Executive MBA. The entry into this school is quite competitive as it only takes 3600 students per year.
- École Nationale supérieure de Chimie de Montpellier (Montpellier Institute of Chemistry)- in as much as it shares teaching staff with the University of Montpellier, it has gained its particular status as an independent body with its own research laboratories. The college is well known for providing high-level training for engineers and researchers in Chemistry and is renowned for its research activities in Macromolecular Chemistry (particularly Heterochemistry), Soft Chemistry and Design and development of solids, the study of the properties and uses of these materials.
Relationships, in general, are complicated, and there are no written rules that could, in any way, guarantee their success. Dating in Montpellier is quite exciting as there are many activities that you can do as a couple as well as many people you can visit. There are a variety of girls from different ethnicities who view dating in different ways. There is enough culture to explore as a couple. There are numerous world-class coffee shops, restaurants, and hotels in the city, as well as a good entertainment industry. Local artists have many concerts and performances in different areas that you can attend as a couple, which could make date nights even more exciting as they involve dancing.
There are a variety of girls who have different expectations from the guys they are dating. The major expectations across the board are loyalty, faithfulness, and the ability to treat your girl like she is special. In return, you will discover that the average girls are loyal, loving, and passionate about finding love. Exploring a beautiful city has many exciting thrills – even for local people who have lived there their whole lives. Furthermore, there is a rich history and an increasing willingness for people to date cross-culturally.
Holiday romances are quite rare in most parts of the city but are quite the norm in the top tourism hot spots. If a quick fling during your vacation is the thing you’re after, then your chances will be highest in the parts of the country where girls are used to the fact that guys are there for a short time and are therefore used to having short term relationships. In the calmer and areas of the city, the girls are more interested in long term relationships than a short holiday relationship. Second, there are a lot of fun things to do, especially in tourist hubs with your girl.
There are numerous national parks, lakes, and site seeing adventures throughout the country. There are also thrilling activities such as mountain climbing, game drives, zip lines in many of the parks as well as boat cruises. If you are willing to put in the work, you are guaranteed to have an amazing fling which you will remember for a lifetime. The idea of dating a foreigner is somewhat intriguing to most girls, especially those in their early to mid-twenties. This is probably because it makes for a great story to later tell their friends. Also, for some girls dating a foreigner can be seen as a way out of the country.
Tips for Successful Relationship
All relationships come with expectations from both sides. To be able to create and maintain a successful relationship with a woman from Montpellier, there are a few things that you can do which will give you a leg up. Below is a list of some of the basic things that you can do:
- Offer to pay for the first date. This shows your intent and that you are a gentleman, willing to take care of a girl if that need arises. Most girls brought up with good manners will offer to contribute, but you must insist and take care of the bill. It is a strange but necessary custom.
- Be financially independent. In a country where poverty is a real issue and minimum wage leaves you out on the street – literally – you will have to prove your ability to provide for yourself financially. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you should be rich and flashy, it simply means that you should be able to afford a generally respectable lifestyle, as well as be able to spoil her once in a while.
- Women, in general, require respect, especially of the older generations. Women are taught from a young age that a man who is unable to display respect for those older than them is probably incapable of resecting his woman. Therefore, they expect to see the man they are dating display levels of respect to the people around them. Also, the way you treat servers around you, be it waiters or security guards says a lot about you, being rude will not get you very far. If the girl takes you to meet her family, you should always be respectful. Although, in most cases meeting the family is quite a big step that is only taken when you are now considering marriage.
- Be creative when planning your dates. Try by all means to ensure that you keep the relationship exciting. There are many outdoor activities in the city, make the most of them be able to give your girl a good time. Also, take advantage of the many fancy restaurants to be able to give her a chance to get dressed up and treat her like the most important girl in the room.
Love is a rather complex concept as there is no way of quantifying it. Many people have different ideas of what love is based on what they believe. Also, love languages vary according to each individual. Some girls believe gift-giving is a sign of love, others believe that giving them attention is a sign of love. You need to get to know what the love language of the person you are dating is to make them feel loved and therefore secure in the relationship.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Every girl is in love with the idea of love. From a young age girls dream of meeting their ideal guy, falling in love, and getting married. With age and experience, however, most of them have been hurt and they become cautious about falling in love. You should, therefore, be patient to show her that you are worth loving and trusting. If you do it right, you will be able to sweep her off her feet.
The way a girl acts around you says a lot about how she feels about you. A woman who loves you will want to spend a lot of time with you and is protective of her territory. Women in Montpellier believe a lot in exclusive relationships, so you can rest assured that if she truly loves you she will only be with you and will expect the same from you. If a girl doesn’t give you attention or demand yours, isn’t willing to accommodate you and your needs then she is not the one.
A woman’s age is also a determining factor on whether or not she’s the one. In most cases, the younger women, that is those less than 25 are not ready to settle down and so if you are looking for a long term-commitment you might be disappointed. However, it is not impossible to meet women who do want to marry young. This is merely the culture, so if you are dating around in the university age group and you are expecting something long-term, make sure you talk about it and that you’re both on the same page. However, once girls get to their late twenties, they are usually ready to settle down.
Also, you as an individual know what qualities you require from the woman you want to settle down with. Therefore, you can do self-introspection to decide if the person you are dating is truly the one for you.
Married life in the Montpellier has evolved over the years from one where women were expected to just stay at home and raise babies to more of a partnership. As opposed to the past where women were only expected to be baby-making machines and take care of their husbands with no regard for themselves, modern marriages are comprised of career women who are still able to be homemakers. Some women, however, have no qualms with being housewives as long as they are well taken care of by their husbands. The family also plays an important role in marriage. In as much as a couple moves away, they are still expected to be part of each other’s families.
One important aspect of marriage, legally speaking, is that all marriages can either be in the community of property or out of community of property. This means that before you get married you can decide whether everything you have is shared equally amongst both spouses regardless of whose money was used to acquire it or not. If you are coming from another country and wish to safeguard your assets, consider this beforehand.
Weddings in Montpellier are, in most cases extravagant and beautiful affairs. Getting legally married in France is only possible through a civil ceremony which takes place at the council offices (Mairie). Once the couple has carried out the civil ceremony they can then have whatever celebration they want, be it a religious ceremony or a secular service, at a destination or venue of their choice. This is true for both heterosexual and same-sex couples.
You must be over 18 and not already married to get married. The civil ceremony at the Mairie must be in a commune (town or village) that you or your future spouse is linked to where one or both of you live, or where one of your parents live. It is possible to find the address and other details of your local Mairie online. Most mairies are small and only have one receptionist so simply saying you want to get married is enough to start procedures. In larger towns, you can ask for the office of marriages.
You must apply together to the Mairie in question, and prove that you are both free to wed (single). This may include a face-to-face interview, either together or separately. The Mairie will then publish the bans for a fixed period usually in the local newspaper. This is a formality where your intent to marry is publically announced, it is done to allow anyone with knowledge of a legal impediment such as an existing marriage time to notify the registrar.
This process typically takes at least four weeks, longer if one or both of you are not French. You may have a limited choice as to which day you can get married. Be prepared to be flexible. It can also be difficult to get legally married in France if you don’t have ties to the country,
When it comes to a marriage or long-term relationship, most Montpellier people will agree that faithfulness and family orientation is paramount. There is a great tradition of the family being the core of society, with the government even encouraging the nuclear family as a model to follow. Extended family members are also quick to adopt spouses into the tribe. Couples need to try and build as well as maintain relationships with each other's families before marriage to avoid conflict.
Most couples start to have babies as soon as they get married as it is a cultural expectation that by the end of the first year there should be a baby. If you delay starting having children they begin to suspect infertility issues, which are mostly blamed on the woman. However, some couples have begun to shun this way of thinking and prefer to enjoy their marriage before they start having children.
Single parent families as well as blended families have become quite popular and are no longer shunned or judged as much as before.