Democratic Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Congolese women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Congolese girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Democratic Republic of the Congo, Africa.
Girls in Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- Looks of girls: 3 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4/ 5
- Education level of girls: 3 / 5
Dating in Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 2.3 / 5
Sex in Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- Women's sexual activity: 3 / 5
- One-night stands: 2/ 5
More about Democratic Republic of the Congo:
- Nightlife in general:3/ 5
- Locals' English level: 2/ 5
- Budget per day: US$120- $800
- Accommodation: US$40 - $300
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
The Democratic Republic of the Congo, also known as DR Congo, the DRC, DOC, Congo-Kinshasa, or simply the Congo, is a country located in Central Africa. It is the largest country in sub-Saharan Africa. The country is named after the Congo River, which flows throughout the country and is the world's deepest river. The country is home to a mostly young population, and this population includes many beautiful and friendly women. Dating local girls in the DRC is possible and varies according to the city or town that you are in. The main traits that you will find when dating across the country include but are not limited to loyalty, protectiveness, respect, and the fact that the girl will, in most cases, expect you to be loyal to her as well. Kinshasa is the capital city and home to the highest percentage of the urban population. The capital city is also home to the majority of the younger, aged between 20 and 35.
As opposed to the previous dating culture, which was more rooted in traditional culture and strictly had to lead to marriage, the dating culture has become more flexible with the majority of the younger women (below 26) dating for fun and pleasure as opposed to strictly looking for a husband. A large number of these girls are just looking for a fun relationship in which they can experience new things before they settle down and have kids.
The dating culture varies according to which part of the country you are in. Large cities have the busiest dating scene as they are home to most women in their early 20s. Here the women are more open to casual dating as well as sex before marriage. In smaller towns, it is quite possible to date casually, but because there are fewer men, most women are looking for something more serious and committed.
The country is still a bit conservative though, so kissing and other forms of touching in public may be considered as indecent exposure and could even result in you paying a fine should you be spotted by law enforcement.
Most of the women in DRC are what could be called 'black beauties.' They are mostly dark in complexion and have the typical curvy bodies that are associated with African women. The Democratic Republic of Congo is home to millions of beautiful women, with the majority being Black Africans. The country has over 200 ethnic groups, of which the majority are the Bantu. The women are quite beautiful, with the natural curves that are associated with African women. In terms of complexion, the women in the DRC are quite dark, but this does not take away from their beauty. The country has very few white people and also a few people of mixed heritage.
As is familiar with any place in the world, these women tend to vary when it comes to their personalities. The women in DRC are, in most cases, amiable and welcoming. They enjoy entertaining tourists as they are usually not very many of them. Some of them are timid and strictly subscribe to their cultural beliefs, especially those found in remote or rural areas. The official language, which is used for education and business, is French and is commonly used to communicate amongst the many ethnic groups in the country.
Congolese Girls (age 18 - 29)
The women in this age group can be further split into two. 19 to 25-year-olds are usually either still in University or just starting out their careers. These girls are still rather young and are not looking to be tied down by serious commitment and are therefore dating for fun. They tend to be dating to explore and experience before deciding what type of man they want to settle down with.
Kinshasa, Lubumbashi, and Goma are home to the most extensive University population and are, therefore, the places to be if you are looking for fun relationships. These girls can be found mostly at University campuses, malls, and nightclubs. However, not all girls of this age group are looking for fun. Some, especially the highly religious ones, are looking to settle down soon after college. Therefore, you should take the time to get to know the girl and her expectations from an early stage so as not to be disappointed.
Women aged between 26 and 29 are, in most cases, now in the 'settling down' stage of their lives. In most cases, these women have lived and enjoyed their youth as well as established themselves in their careers. The next step, therefore, naturally becomes to settle down and start a family. Women at this stage become picky and no longer just date for fun, but start to look at factors such as emotional, financial, and mental stability.
Girls in this age group are generally considered as being hot as they are still in their prime. You are most likely to find an exciting and eventful relationship with women from this age group than any other age group.
Congolese Women (age 30 - 45)
Women in this age group are mature and are, in most cases, highly professional women who have been seriously focused on building their careers and securing financial independence. In some cases, the women in this age group are divorced and could probably not be looking for anything too serious. However, because they are now mature, many women in this age group are looking to settle down.
With age comes experience, and therefore these women tend to know exactly what they want. This includes in the bedroom as well. These women tend to know what they want and thus make for steady partners. Finding a mature lady in the DRC is rare but entirely possible. The majority of these women are married and have families. However, there are a few who are single and willing to spend their time enjoying with younger men. It is common to meet most of these cougars online either on regular dating sites or on specific sites where sugar mommas are searching for younger men.
Congolese Ladies (age 45+)
Most women in this age group are married women, and therefore chances of dating them are low. They are mothers, and in some cases, grandmothers and dating tend to be the last thing on their minds.
Women in this age group who are dating tend to be looking for someone to grow old with; therefore, most of them have no time for flings and relationships that are not going anywhere. However, a few of them are open to casual dating, even with younger men. It is easier to find those who are open to casual dating on online dating sites such as Tinder or rare occasions in bars.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
The Democratic Republic of Congo is not a very popular tourist destination. The country has a corrupt political history as well as severe health issues such as ebola, which discourage many tourists. This, therefore, means that there is a very low possibility of meeting foreign girls.
Due to the current economic state of the country, the number of international students has relatively decreased. However, there are international students from nearby African countries. As is the norm with university students, some of them could be open to having fun and can be found in areas that are frequented by university students.
The Democratic Republic of Congo is not a place for expats to settle down. The country has suffered from political instability and lack of infrastructure for a while now, which has led to a rather low employment rate; therefore, very few people move there. This, therefore, means that a relationship with an international visitor is probably going to be short-lived.
It is impossible to give one specific answer on what sex with Congolese women is like. Your sexual experience will vary depending on the type of person that you end up with, as well as your skills as the man.
As opposed to previous generations in which even talking about sex was taboo, the current generation has a more open attitude towards sex and women have increasingly become sexual beings. Most girls grow up planning to remain virgins until they get married, but as they grow older and experience life, most of them tend to have lost their virginity by the age of 21. As much as the girls may no longer be virgins, casual sex is still frowned upon, and therefore many people tend to shy away from it, sticking strictly to sex with the person that they are dating. However, religion still influences many girls, and they manage to hold on to their virginity.
In most cultures, women are expected to be virgins when they get married and might be expected to undergo virginity tests. This, however, does not necessarily discourage all the girls from being sexually active. The sexual experience itself tends to differ with the individual, based on numerous factors such as cultural experiences, experience, and the general character of the individual. Also, with the aid of the internet, many women have become self-taught experts in sex. In the case of a general nature, some women might be more willing to explore new things than others as they are more open while others are more shy and conservative.
There has been quite a noticeable difference with regards to attitudes towards sex over the last few decades. The concept of one-night stands is no longer as taboo as it used to be. It is quite possible to go out and have fun, which could lead to a no strings attached one-night-stand experience. This practice is especially common with the younger college-going age group as they try to live life and enjoy the college experience.
These women are at the stage where they enjoy having fun, and once in a while, a one-night stand is considered harmless. However, even though the stigma against one-night stands has been reduced, there are still judgments for having one. Most people would prefer to either not have a one-night stand or to hide that they are into them as they are afraid of the judgments that they might be exposed to as some people consider those who partake of one night stands as lacking in morals.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
The easiest and fastest way to meet single girls is probably in person at functions and bars and nightclubs. To catch the girls' attention, you need to be charming and sweet and create a fantastic first impression. It is best to avoid approaching girls on the street as they tend to find that disrespectful. It is best to approach women in places where they are comfortable and in the mood to be friendly. These places include the mall, movie houses, and for the most part, at nightclubs or gatherings such as parties.
As is expected in this technological era, dating apps have become quite popular for meeting single girls fast. Most people struggle when it comes to meeting people face to face and striking up a conversation. This has led to numerous people creating profiles on dating apps as they make it easier to meet like-minded people who are interested in starting a relationship. The most common dating app that is used by single people in the DRC is Tinder. AfroRomance is another popular dating site, and it helps to connect singles from all across the globe and helps them find true love. The database is home to a database of members from all different ethnic groups and promotes interracial dating. These apps are quite easy to download and are mostly free of charge to use.
Outdoor locations are a great place to meet single girls throughout the country, especially in tourist hubs. A national park is a perfect place to meet girls who are fun-loving and, in most cases, ready for a holiday fling. This is because university girls like to go to these places for girls' trips and could be open to making new connections.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Drinking alcohol and partying has become the number one past-time for the current generation, which rings true in the DRC as well. A large majority of the alcohol consumed in the DRC is made locally, and this, therefore, it is relatively cheap, which could be an advantage to visitors from outside. Alcohol consumption and purchasing is restricted for people under 18.
Nightclubs, as well as bars and pubs, are good places to meet girls. If you are looking for a girl to have a short and fun fling with, probably with no strings attached or maybe even a one-night stand, then nightclubs are your best bet. This is probably because of the general environment in nightclubs, which barely allows for people to make a genuine connection. Bars and pubs have an environment where it is easier for people to talk and get to know each other, and this could lead to a much more stable and serious relationship as opposed to a casual hookup.
The DRC has quite many cities that are considered as having a buzzing nightlife in terms of partying and clubbing. The top 3 party cities are Kinshasa, Goma, and Lubumbashi. Most nightclubs have a no under 18 entrance policy, and they tend to ask for identification before entering to avoid underage drinking.
Best Clubs in Kinshasa
- Fiesta Club– This is a cosy and casual club in the city. Frequently mainly by the upper class of society.
- Spirit Club & Bar B Q– It is very popular with students due to its rather low prices. It is quite a famous disco club where people can dance until the sun comes up. The club is casual with not many restrictions and probably also the number one hookup spot in town
- Coco Jambo– It is the city’s number one sports club. The younger population frequents it as it has pool and bowling.
Best Clubs in the Goma:
- Chez Ntemba- It is a small but classy nightclub that doubles as a fancy restaurant during the day. They have a strict dress code, and you will not be allowed entry if you are sloppily dressed. It is the most famous nightclub with the locals. As is expected with most classy places, it is kind of pricey.
- Kivu Club – Another small bu1t classy club located in the heart of the city. It also has a strict dress code and has a limit on the number of people who enter. It has a reputation for having the best cocktails in the area.
Best Clubs in Lubumbashi:
- Chez Chouchou– It is the most famous club in the city. It is quite cozy, and the environment, as well as the general vibe, is suitable for groups.
- Night Club Express (Chouelka Loisir)– It is quite a famous club for students. It is suitable for groups and is known for having cheap beer. It is rather casual.
The country has very few malls that could be considered as an exciting place to hang out with friends or go shopping. Most cities generally just have a city center in which you can find all the shops that you need. Malls of note are located in the capital city, and these are great places to meet people as friends go there to hang out and have fun. Malls provide a great platform to approach girls – even if it's just to get a phone number.
Malls in the DRC:
- Congo Trade Centre (CTC), Kinshasa- The Congo Trade Center is an 18 floored skyscraper and shopping center located in Gombe downtown Kinshasa. It is relatively new as it was opened in 2015. It is home to a 5-Star hotel, offices, Shopping mall, Banquet hall, Six restaurants, and a Casino. Most businesses in the mall close at 17:30.
- Le Premier Shopping Mall, Kinshasa- It is a relatively small shopping mall in the city. It opens at 10 am and has quite some fun activities such as a movie house.
The Democratic Republic of Congo has a beautiful outdoor experience to offer. The country has many exciting activities that can be carried out outdoors. The country is home to many natural cornerstones, which you can explore and enjoy. These places attract thousands of tourists, both local and international, per year, and are rather amazing places to either meet people or to go for dates. Listed below are some of the best outdoor destinations across the country.
- Idjwi, or Ijwi, is an island in Lake Kivu belonging to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, in the Sud-Kivu province. It is the second-largest inland island in Africa and the tenth-largest in the world.
- Lola Ya Bonobo is a sanctuary for orphaned bonobos and one of the most popular tourist attractions in the Kinshasa area. It is home to the bonobos to protect them from being hunted. The sanctuary spans over 30 hectares of forest area, and visitors can go to one of the many feeding stations that the staff use to help track the apes.
- Virunga National Park is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site that is located along the borders of Uganda and Rwanda. It is the country’s oldest national park, with a diverse array of things to see and explore. There are lava plains, savannas, forests, valleys, active volcanoes, swamps, and even glacier peaks in the Rwenzori Mountains. The park is also home to numerous endangered species, which include but are not limited to mountain gorillas and the Okapi. These endangered species looks like a cross between a giraffe and a zebra. There are also hippos, lions, elephants, and several rare and exotic birds.
- Garamba National Park is a national park that is filled with endless grasslands and savannahs. It is a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to many endangered species. It is also home to numerous elephants, giraffes, hippos, black rhinos, and white rhinos. Garamba National Park is a designated UNESCO and a wonderful sanctuary for several endangered species.
- Falls of Zongo- is the epitome of nature's beauty. They are located just outside Kinshasa and make for a great camping experience. You can stay there for a few nights and enjoy adventures such as hiking and swimming below the falls.
Universities and Colleges
Tertiary education is quite popular across the DRC, and the country has nine universities as well as several technical colleges as well as teacher training centres. The universities have smaller campuses across the country, to reduce the overpopulation of students. Below is a list of the top 3 Universities across the country.
- University of Kinshasa– This is the oldest and most famous University in the country. It is located in the capital city. It has ten academic divisions, including Medicine, Law, and Engineering. The University is quite secure, and non-students are rarely allowed access.
- University of Lubumbashi – This is the second largest University in the country. It is located in the Lubumbhashi. It is near the airport. It is the number one choice for most students in Medicine, Law, and Pharmacy throughout the nation. The University has an on-campus residence, but there are no malls on campus; therefore, students go into the city centre for shopping and other activities. It is impossible to sneak into lecture halls if you are not a student there.
- Catholic University of Bukavu- This is a relatively new university as it was opened in 2007. This means that it has the most current courses and teaching programs, which makes it highly competitive and desirable.
Relationships, in general, are complicated, and there are no written rules that could, in any way, guarantee their success. Dating in the DRC is quite exciting as there are many activities that you can do as a couple as well as many people you can visit. There are a variety of girls from different ethnicities who view dating in different ways. There is enough culture to explore as a couple. There are numerous world-class coffee shops, restaurants, and hotels in the country, as well as a good entertainment industry. Local artists have many concerts and performances in different cities that you can attend as a couple, which could make date nights even more exciting as they involve dancing.
There are a variety of girls who have different expectations from the guys they are dating. The major expectations across the board are loyalty, faithfulness, and the ability to treat your girl like she is special. In return, you will discover that the average girls are loyal, loving, and passionate about finding love. Exploring a beautiful city has many exciting thrills – even for local people who have lived there their whole lives. Furthermore, there is a rich history and an increasing willingness for people to date cross-culturally.
Holiday romances are quite rare in most parts of the country but are quite the norm in the top tourism hot spots. If a quick fling during your vacation is the thing you’re after, then your chances will be highest in the parts of the country where girls are used to the fact that guys are there for a short time and are therefore used to having short term relationships. In the calmer and smaller towns, the girls are more interested in long term relationships than a short holiday relationship.
Second, there are a lot of fun things to do, especially in tourist hubs with your girl. There are numerous national parks, lakes, and site seeing adventures throughout the country. There are also thrilling activities such as mountain climbing, game drives, zip lines in many of the parks as well as boat cruises. If you are willing to put in the work, you are guaranteed to have an amazing fling which you will remember for a lifetime. The idea of dating a foreigner is somewhat intriguing to most girls, especially those in their early to mid-twenties. This is probably because it makes for a great story to later tell their friends. Also, for some girls dating a foreigner can be seen as a way out of the country.
Tips for Successful Relationship
All relationships come with expectations from both sides. To be able to create and maintain a successful relationship with a Congolese woman, there are a few things that you can do which will give you a leg up. Below is a list of some of the basic things that you can do:
- Offer to pay for the first date. This shows your intent and that you are a gentleman, willing to take care of a girl if that need arises. Most girls brought up with good manners will offer to contribute, but you must insist and take care of the bill. It is a strange but necessary custom.
- Be financially independent. In a country where poverty is a real issue and minimum wage leaves you out on the street – literally – you will have to prove your ability to provide for yourself financially. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you should be rich and flashy, it simply means that you should be able to afford a generally respectable lifestyle, as well as be able to spoil her once in a while.
- African culture places mega emphasis on respect, especially of the older generations. Women are taught from a young age that a man who is unable to display respect for those older than them is probably incapable of resecting his woman. Therefore, they expect to see the man they are dating display levels of respect to the people around them. Also, the way you treat servers around you, be it waiters or security guards says a lot about you, being rude will not get you very far. If the girl takes you to meet her family, you should always be respectful. Although, in most cases meeting the family is quite a big step that is only taken when you are now considering marriage.
- Be creative when planning your dates. Try by all means to ensure that you keep the relationship exciting. There are many outdoor activities in the DRC, make the most of them so as to be able to give your girl a good time. Also, take advantage of the many fancy restaurants so as to be able to give her a chance to get dressed up and treat her like the most important girl in the room.
Love is a rather complex concept as there is no way of quantifying it. Many people have different ideas of what love is based on what they believe. Also, love languages vary according to each individual. Some girls believe gift-giving is a sign of love, others believe that giving them attention is a sign of love. It is important for you to get to know what the love language of the person you are dating is so as to make them feel loved and therefore secure in the relationship.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Every girl is in love with the idea of love. From a young age girls dream of meeting their ideal guy, falling in love, and getting married. With age and experience, however, most of them have been hurt and they become cautious about falling in love. You should, therefore, be patient so as to show her that you are worth loving and trusting. If you do it right, you will be able to sweep her off her feet. The way a girl acts around you says a lot about how she feels about you.
A woman who loves you will want to spend a lot of time with you and is protective of her territory. Congolese women believe a lot in exclusive relationships, so you can rest assured that if she truly loves you she will only be with you and will expect the same from you. If a girl doesn’t give you attention or demand yours, isn’t willing to accommodate you and your needs then she is not the one.
A woman’s age is also a determining factor on whether or not she’s the one. In most cases, the younger women, that is those less than 25 are not ready to settle down and so if you are looking for a long term-commitment you might be disappointed. However, it is not impossible to meet women who do actually want to marry young. This is merely the culture, so if you are dating around in the university age group and you are expecting something long-term, make sure you talk about it and that you’re both on the same page. However, once girls get to their late twenties, they are usually ready to settle down.
Also, you as an individual know what qualities you require from the woman you want to settle down with. Therefore, you can do self-introspection to decide if the person you are dating is truly the one for you.
Married life in the DRC has evolved over the years to resemble that of most western societies. As opposed to the past where women were only expected to be baby-making machines and take care of their husbands with no regard for themselves, modern marriages are comprised of career women who are still able to be homemakers. Some women, however, have no qualms with being housewives as long as they are well taken care of by their husbands. The family also plays an important role in marriage. In as much as a couple moves away, they are still expected to be part of each other’s families.
One important aspect of marriage, legally speaking, is that all marriages are in the community of property by default. This means that everything you have is shared equally amongst both spouses regardless of whose money was used to acquire it. If you are coming from another country and wish to safeguard your assets, consider this beforehand.
Weddings in the DRC are generally a two-part process. First and most important is the cultural part and the Christian wedding. In as much as other traditional beliefs, the tradition of cultural marriages which consist of paying the dowry which is paid mainly in goats is still going very strong. Child marriage, although illegal is still going rampant in the country.
You cannot marry a black Congolese woman without paying dowry which is considered as a token of appreciation for the bride’s family. Once you are traditionally married, you can then proceed to plan either have a church wedding or a court wedding, although some people just stick to the traditional marriage which is also recognized by the law.
The months of June, July and August are dedicated to wedding celebrations in the DRC. The celebration of the white wedding is a lavish and rather expensive gathering with as many as 300 guests. This is due to the fact that the families are large and extended family will also expect an invite. Not inviting some family members tends to be seen as a sign of disrespect and could actually lead to long term grudges. The festivities include large amounts of food and drinks as well as dancing. Alcohol is there depending on the religious beliefs of the families.
When it comes to a marriage or long-term relationship, most Congolese will agree that faithfulness and family orientation is paramount. There is a great tradition of the family being the core of society, with the government even encouraging the nuclear family as a model to follow. Extended family members are also quick to adopt spouses into the tribe. Couples need to try and build as well as maintain relationships with each other’s families before marriage so as to avoid conflict.
Most couples start to have babies as soon as they get married as it is actually a cultural expectation that by the end of the first year there should be a baby. If you delay starting having children they begin to suspect infertility issues, which are mostly blamed on the woman. However, some couples have begun to shun this way of thinking and prefer to enjoy their marriage before they start having children.
If a woman gets pregnant out of wedlock, there is family pressure to get married before anyone finds out so as to save the family from embarrassment.