Christchurch dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date New Zealand women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot New Zealand girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Girls in Christchurch:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4 / 5
Dating in Christchurch:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in Christchurch:
- Women's sexual activity: 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.5 / 5
More about Christchurch:
- Nightlife in general: 3.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 3 / 5
- Budget per day: US$40 - $400
- Accommodation: US$25 - $250
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Dating a New Zealander is one of the easiest and the most fun things you’ll do. Whether she is a businesswoman, mechanic, model or professional sportswomen, they all have very similar personalities. A typical girl in Christchurch is cute, humble and caring. Asking a girl in Christchurch out on a date has almost no downside, the worst that can happen is you get shot down but they’ll still probably have a drink with you.
They key to dating girls here is self-confidence and charm and to basically just be yourself! They will love that. Most girls are trying to further their careers or studies and will not waste their time with a guy who is putting on a front to try and impress her. They are down to earth people who enjoy the simpler things in life like hiking, surfing, swimming, yachting and many other sports are often how these girls pass the time, so just be yourself and your chances of dating a hot girl in Christchurch are already sky high.
Casual dating is what it’s all about in Christchurch, a lot like the mainstream western dating culture in cities across Europe and America. Girls here love going on dates, they enjoy being the center of any man’s attention so getting a date won’t be the difficult part. Keeping said date interested is the key. If you fail to make your dates with her interesting and fun, then chances are she will move on to any one of the other dozen guys in her DMs. Keep the dates interesting and make her feel special; that way she will remain interested in only you.
Modern day dating has moved onto the internet. Christchurch is a sought after place for students so there are many single young people looking to meet someone new and these people often turn to using dating websites and apps. The more popular apps in Christchurch include Hilly, Hinge and MyDates. Women in New Zealand are some of the most promiscuous in the world so you are going to have to pull out all the stops to keep your dates interested.
Women in Christchurch are beautiful and friendly. They are fiercely independent but also love to be spoiled every now and then. There is a large variety of women in the city as well. The majority of the girls will be of European descent with a large number of women also coming from the surrounding pacific islands and the third largest ethnic group are the Asians. So Christchurch is a melting pot of women and here we'll take a look at the different groups and where and how you can look to pick them up
New Zealand Girls (age 18 - 29)
Girls from this age bracket are the youngest of the dating pool and also the most fun. One of the main group of women in this age bracket is that of the students (18-23) are a care-free, fun loving bunch that want nothing more than to enjoy themselves and will be the most casual girls to date in the city; the University of Christchurch draws many students from around the country and the rest of the world because it is such a good school. Students are the most laid back out of a very laid back population, two or three drinks and a dance and they’ll be yours.
The second part to the youngest part of the dating pool is the young professional group (24-29). These are girls that are making the leap from university into the real world. They can be a little bit more tough to approach than the younger girls but they are generally pretty chill and easy going. They tend to be more interested in slightly older, more successful men.
New Zealand Women (age 30 - 45)
This one is probably the most tricky age group to date in the city. Women in this category are usually looking for something serious as they get ready to settle down. Most women are looking to find the love of their lives and get married (the average age for marriage is 32) and have kids. So if you’re looking for something a little more casual then it’s probably a good idea to stay clear of these women.
There is however still fun to be had in this age group, the early 40s is when most of the divorces in the city happen so there are plenty of newly single ladies looking to let their hair down and kick-start the new chapter in their lives. And this can be very fun for the single young man. These ladies coming out of a serious relationship will often be looking for nothing more than a physical relationship. But you need to tread carefully as some of these ladies are looking for extra marital sex and that isn’t for everyone.
New Zealand Ladies (age 45+)
This age bracket can rightly be categorised as that of the mature women. Having a relationship with an older lady can be some of the best fun you’ll ever have. What makes it so attractive is that they have all their ducks in a row and they almost always want only sex. Typically they will be divorced, living alone and fully financially independent. You won’t have to worry about checking in everyday they will get hold of you when they need to. There are absolutely no strings attached it’s all purely physical.
Again the best way to find yourself that ever elusive sexy milf is to use one of the tailor made apps or websites such as: elite singles, stitch, and Tinder.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
There are a number of foreign girls in Christchurch if you prefer a more exotic date. Ladies from Europe and Asia are to be found in abundance here. England, China, India, South Africa and Australia are just some of the countries from around the globe that these migrant females come from. The foreign girls from Europe tend to be hotter than the locals, the South African girls are super friendly and whilst the Asian girls are a little more reserved they are also stunningly beautiful.
New Zealand receives a large number of immigrants and tourists each year. As moving to a new place can make you feel lonely and the single girls will often be looking to meet someone new just for the sake of having company. A good way to pick up foreign girls in to check out some of the top tourist attractions in the city, places like the International Antarctic Center, the Canterbury Museum and the Christchurch Botanical Gardens are good starting points.
New Zealand has a very liberal view on sex. In fact in a survey conducted a few years ago it was found that the females of the country have more sexual partners on average than their male counterparts. It is a well known fact that the women in New Zealand are the most promiscuous in the world. Casual sex in Christchurch is also something that people openly discuss. As the world moves forward people’s values and beliefs also change to accommodate a more relaxed view on intimacy.
New Zealand might just be one of the easiest countries in the world to have sex in and Christchurch is as good a representation of this as any. With a healthy student population and the generally relaxed attitude of the people there is about as much casual sex happening here as there is anywhere else.
Students are the most likely to engage in casual sexual relationships as many of the young people today are looking for nothing more than a hookup at the weekend. Studying is tough all by itself it doesn’t need the added stress of a full time relationship. Going out to a club or a bar and meeting someone or even someone you know, a friend with benefits if you will. All of this is considered very normal.
This is also where the internet plays a big role, many are turning to apps and websites to find partners these days. Old and young alike are meeting new people online and developing relationships without even meeting face to face and when they do meet it’s all about the sex.
In Christchurch one night stands are a common occurrence, up to 60% of people in New Zealand have said that they have slept with someone the same day they met and then have not seen them since.
Bars and nightclubs are the best places to hangout if a one-night stand is what you’re after. The local girls are known for being eager and not awfully hard to convince. Many girls in New Zealand who don’t consider themselves to be in a serious relationship will have multiple sexual partners at the same time.
Christchurch has a thriving sex work scene, with the liberal nature of the people it can be really easy to find someone to join you for an evening of fun. Just remember to practice safe sex as the chances of catching an STI can be high among sex workers. Don’t blame the drink just use a condom mate.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Christchurch is full of opportunity for young single guys, meeting new girls can be as easy as heading to your nearest coffee shop. There are however specific places that will suit specific types. New Zealand is a very sporty country and the people love spending any free time they get outside but if you’re not that type of guy then you might be better off hitting a bar or night club, if that’s still not your scene then a shopping center might be the one for you. Here we’ll look at some of the best places to meet single girls of any kind.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Hanging out and bars and pubs is the most popular way to socialize in Christchurch, every weekend that’s where you can expect to find the locals supporting their beloved rugby teams. The kiwis love a drink so check out some of these if you’re looking for a girl that can match you drink for drink
- Smash place – a very simple, welcoming and friendly place. The drink list might not be the biggest you’ll ever see but the beers are of good quality and can quench even the biggest thirst; they also serve hearty pub food. Just a very cosy unpretentious kiwi hangout.
- The Monday Room – a refreshing slice of japan in the heart of Christchurch. The Monday room specializes in fresh Japanese food that compliments a lengthy list of wines, beers and cocktails. The cocktails are the most popular showcasing some of the best mixology in the city.
- The Last Word – a classy establishment in central Christchurch, the Last Word is a whisky and cocktail bar that will make any whisky lover weak at the knees serving over 200 different whiskies. The cocktails are also not to be sniffed at.
- The Institution Craft Beer and Cocktail Bar – the best late night spot to grab a drink in Christchurch, the excellent craft beer and cocktails paired with the atmosphere make the institution one of the most popular spots for locals.
- Darkroom – one of the first places to open up after the devastating 2011 earthquake Darkroom quickly established itself as one of the top night time venues in the city. As well as having a large selection of spirits, Darkroom also has a rotating choice of four ales on tap, as well as around 40 local bottled craft beers.
- The Craic Irish Bar – Irish charm a long way from home. In this quaint little pub where you can get yourself a pint of Guinness and a typically friendly Irish welcome. St Patrick’s Day is always a wild party at the Craic.
- The Dirty Land – found in the CBD the Dirty Land is a classy, vibrant Mexican tapas bar. They have a wide selection of imported beers, they have some fantastic cocktails. They also serve some of the best contemporary Mexican food.
- No. 4 Restaurant and Bar – whether you’re looking for a relaxing Sunday afternoon drink or a beer with friends after work No. 4 can accommodate you. Their selection of boutique beers and ciders by the bottle, on top of a list of 12 different beers on tap and a library of wines that highlight local options and varieties will keep you well hydrated.
There are plenty of options when looking to wet your whistle in Christchurch and there is also a wide variety in terms of drinks menus as well as eating options so keep a look out for which places are buzzing and try your luck.
Nightclubs are an ideal place to meet single young ladies, the Christchurch night life scene is a vibrant one dominated by the student population and these are the girls you are most likely to encounter. Here is a list of some of the best nightclubs in the city
- Deja Vu Nightclub and VIP Lounge – Déjà vu is a central-city club that has an amazing 9 VIP rooms, 11 arcade machines and a host of high quality DJs every Friday and Saturday night. Their aim is to re-create a similar clubbing experience that you might get in Miami or Ibiza.
- Chic – A bar restaurant and club rolled into one. They serve authentic Persian food that pairs really well with the spirits and cocktails that are available. The house DJs always bring some excitement with really entertaining sets.
- Fox & Ferret – something of a hybrid nightclub, the Fox & Ferret is a gastro pub that transforms into a banging party venue after 11 pm. They provide some of the city’s best and brightest DJs and live bands. This is one of the few places where you can do everything you need to on a night out, from grabbing a meal and a few drinks to getting loose on the dance floor.
- The Dirty Land – playing some of the best techno mixes in the country, you can lose yourself in the tunes while you try some of the fresh Mexican snacks on offer. Dirty land is one for the hard-core clubbers and where you’ll find a large student contingent.
- Club 604 – a very casual club in the city center. Leave your high heels and suits at home for this one and come and experience some good old fashion raves at 604. There are three bars at the venue, two indoors and a larger one in the outside area.
Nightclub hook-ups can be a lot of fun as, nobody will go to a club in a bad mood and thus everything is that much more fun. Keep a look out around the city center to find the best and busiest places.
Meeting girls in shopping malls can be quite easy if you know where to go and how to approach the ladies, malls have everything that ladies are looking for, clothing stores, jewellers, and retailers. They also have social spots like restaurants and cafes where people will gather on the weekends so you just have to put together a decent strategy and you could find yourself striking gold at the mall.
- Northlands Shopping Center – the second largest shopping mall on the south island. Northlands is home to about 120 stores, the center recently renovated to add a spacious food court boasting a variety of restaurants, bars and cafes with a “winter garden” dining feel to it.
- Westfield Riccarton – opening its doors for the first time in 1965 this is the oldest shopping mall in the city. With almost 200 stores and services the 54 000 square meter retail space is also quite large and the recent redevelopment added a café court with various eateries and coffee shops.
- The Crossing – the self-proclaimed heart of Christchurch shopping. The crossing with its cutting edge architecture is one of the more modern shopping centres in all of New Zealand. Offering everything you need from a mall in terms of retail the crossing also has a buzzing food court where you can get a top drawer meal or coffee.
- Merivale Mall – a leading fashion and lifestyle center in Christchurch. Merivale is another fresh and modern place to shop, a relaxing and laidback place to enjoy and elegant shopping experience. Shop a wide variety of fashion and don’t be shy to visit the food court.
- The Palms – another one of the more modern, stylish shopping centres in the city. Showcasing a variety of stores that cater to the masses. Ranging from fashion the food and everything in between the palms is a wholesome shopping experience.
The shopping centres in Christchurch have all gotten a bit of a face lift in recent years following the earthquakes of 2011 leaving all of them with a fresh and modern feel across the board. The excellent food courts and café blocks draw plenty of locals and tourists alike over the weekends.
New Zealand is a beautiful country when it comes to the great outdoors and there is so much to do and take in when exploring the pristine island country. Christchurch itself offers some of the most eye catching outdoor attractions and pulls plenty of locals and tourists especially each year. Well list a few of the below for you to check out
- Sumner beach - Sumner Beach, near Richmond Hill, is a hit with locals and tourists alike thanks to its friendly village-like feel. Local cafés, spas, and art galleries make Sumner ideal for those who want to do more than lounge on the sand all day.
- Akaroa - a 90 minute drive from Christchurch, and sits in the middle of the largest bay on Banks Peninsula. Akaroa is famed for its wildlife, a resident colony of penguins and regular visits from the world’s smallest dolphin the hectors dolphin make it a must see.
- Hickory Bay – the most popular surfing spot in the city, the location of the beach geographically means there is a wide variety of waves. You can be a beginner surfing 1-3 meter high waves or you can take on the more pro 12 meter waves.
- Hagley Park - Hagley Park has been Christchurch’s main open-air recreational facility since the 1850s. At 407 acres it is also the largest in the city. In the park you can find North and South Hagley Parks, the Botanic Gardens, and the Canterbury Museum.
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens - Plants, trees and flowers from New Zealand and abroad liven up the city landscape, spend a lovely summers afternoon walking through the beautifully peaceful gardens or pack a basket and bring your blanket along for a picnic and take in some fresh air.
- Riccarton Bush – an inner-city reserve that is home to the Canterbury region’s last remaining kahikatea floodplain forest. The 600-year-old kahikatea trees are the most recent survivors of a forest that has been carved from a series of flooding cycles some 3000 years ago. So this park carries a massive natural significance.
- Millbrook Reserve – adjacent to Hagley Park this is the closest reserve to the city center. This beautiful park has become a popular venue for riverside picnics, outdoor weddings and photo shoots. The beautiful landscaped garden features two of Christchurch’s tallest trees, as well as spectacular displays of azaleas, rhododendrons, and camellias.
These are only some of the highlights of this beautiful city, the locals and tourists love spending time outdoors and finding girls on the beaches, in the parks and just all around the city in the wide open spaces won’t be difficult at all.
Universities and Colleges
Christchurch has a decent sized student population, relative to the size of the overall population that is. The schools also attract a fair amount of international students from across Europe and Asia and South Africa. Here is a list of some of the best tertiary institutions
- University of Canterbury – this is the largest university in the region, the number of students stands at an impressive 17 299. Of that there are almost 2000 international students. The UC has a number of bars, restaurants and cafes on campus that are open to the public as well making it a very friendly and inclusive place to be. Socializing with the students is always a really fun and upbeat experience. They are often stressed and can do with some fun.
- Lincoln University – the second largest university in the area, Lincoln gives UC a run for the top university in Canterbury. The Lincoln area has a permanent population of about 2700 but when the students are in this number can grow up to 7000. The campus itself has a bar, restaurant and an espresso bar there is also a separate dining hall for the resident students. LU is also a very sporty school so expect to get stuck in if you meet an athlete.
- ARA institute of Canterbury – ARA is a college in Christchurch that provides comprehensive real world education. Focusing on getting students prepared for the working world. The school is government funded allowing a large variety of students to further their education regardless of the fact that they might not be in a financial position to do so.
Christchurch might not have too many universities and colleges but the schools that are there have enough students to give the city the feel of a student town. Always be on the lookout for the student bars and clubs as they will always be cheaper than the regular nightlife spots. Students are always more fun than any of the other girls in the city and chances of pulling one of them are always high.
Having established that the women of New Zealand can be into multiple guys at the same time being in a relationship in the city of Christchurch comes with its own unique challenges. If you find yourself in a relationship with a local girl and you want her to be your girl and only your girl you need to give the required attention, you need to treat her regularly and you need to be able to bring your A game to bedroom each time. If you cannot do these then you might just lose her to the next guy who is willing to put the effort in.
If you are looking to get into a relationship in the city then the internet is going to be a massive help to you. The modern world moves so quickly that people rarely have time to get to meet like they used to so the help of dating apps and websites provides a facility for guys and girls to meet and get to know each other without actually meeting, yes this can sometimes lead to a catfish situation but if the girl is eager to meet up chances are she looks at least 90% like the girl in the picture.
Tinder, Hinge, Hilly, and MyDates are some of the best apps while eHarmony is the most successful website to use.
The laidback approach to dating in Christchurch and New Zealand allows ample opportunity for a spontaneous holiday fling. The women in the country take a while before they start getting serious about a relationship so they will be happy to fool around with you for a short period while you visit the city.
Having a brief relationship with a local girl will allow you to experience the city like one of the residents, going to pub and bars, seeing sites and eating foods that only locals know about. If you’re looking for something a little bit more exotic then there are also plenty of foreign girls in the city to engage with. Christchurch has an average of just over 1 million tourists each year and relative to the size of the city that is quite a large number. Girls from Europe, Asia and parts of southern Africa are the one you are most likely to meet.
Tips for Successful Relationship
- Build trust – trust is the rock every relationship is built on. Trusting your partner allows you to let them get to know the real you, it allows you to open up to them; sharing your dreams, goals, fears and passions with them. It takes time to build trust but it is something that if worked on can be well worth the effort.
- Be a good listener – humans love being in control all the time, but one thing we struggle with is accepting that we cannot be in control of everything all the time. There will be times where your partner and you do not agree on things and it will take a mature person to listen to the points of view of their partner and make the required changes.
- Engage in a hobby or an activity together – spending time doing something that you both enjoy will increase the bond between you, you will often find that you really like someone but you don’t have that much in common and finding a hobby that you both enjoy will strengthen the relationship exponentially. It will also provide you with a safe space in which to communicate.
- Maintaining financial peace - this is one of the biggest reasons couples are splitting up today, the cost of living is ever increasing placing enormous pressure on both parties. Budgeting is such an important part of a relationship and sticking to the budget can take a massive amount of stress of both of your shoulders.
- Support – a strong relationship is one where both parties can lean on one another, the women of Christchurch are independent and emotionally strong but once in a while even the toughest people need a shoulder to cry on and it is important that their partner can be the one to understand what they are going through, it would weaken the relationship if they have to seek counsel elsewhere.
- Allow space – it is mightily important to spend quality time with your significant other, once or twice a week you need to set aside an evening to spend with each other but it is also important for you to spend some time away from each other, seeing friends or family is a good way to keep that healthy space between each other, you do not want to suffocate one another.
Being comfortable enough in your relationship to express love for your partner will take some time. We now know that tying down a relationship with a girl from the city will take some time but it will be well worth it. Yes she is going to make you work for it but every man has that competitive streak in them and will thrive in the chase.
Once you win her heart she will love you fiercely. The women of Christchurch are incredibly loyal and will do anything for you once they know that you are serious about them and your relationship.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Knowing when you’ve met the one can sometimes be difficult, some guys put up a macho act when they are in a relationship, trying to play it cool but there is always this feeling in your gut; when you feel it you will know. Here are a few tips to help you tell of that feeling is real
- Planning a future- if you find yourself planning a future with a girl it’s a pretty good sign that she is right for you. Many guys will date girls just for the sake of it but you know it’s serious when you start to think about a house, kids etc.
- You still find her attractive- if your girl is still the freshest thing since sliced bread even though there are plenty of other girls around then you clearly are feeling some kind of way about her.
- You would rather hang with her than anyone else- if you would rather stay home with your girl and catch a romcom than head down to pub with the boys and have a pint then she’s marriage material.
- You want the same things out of life- setting goals as a couple is usually a good sign that things are getting serious.
- You trust her- trust is important in any relationship if you feel like you’ve developed a strong trust in your girl then we’re on the right track.
- She gets along with your friends and family- everyone has those friends and family that girlfriends roll their eyes over; if yours gets along with the weird and wonderful cousins and best mates then she’s a keeper.
To recap, knowing that a girl is the “one” is no exact science you will just know it in your heart. Some relationships will last longer than other but you will definitely know when the real deal comes around.
The view on marriage in the region is very liberal. Couples will live together for years and even have children before getting married. They do not view getting married as a way to validate the relationship. The mixture of cultures and traditions in the city make for special weddings.
There is a mostly modern western influence on weddings in the city, the white dress, the church, and both families occupying opposite sides of the church on the wedding day are all very much a part of the day. Most weddings are traditionally western but there are still some traditional Māori weddings, these are special as the entire village gets involved in the ceremony that can performed by a village elder.
Christchurch is a very family friendly city. It is one of the safest and inclusive cities in the country of New Zealand. When you marry a girl there you are accepted by the whole family and there is a special bond within families. You will spend a large amount of time watching sport and having fun with each other so it’s best you brush up on your rugby rules.
All in all Christchurch can be a very fun place to date in, girls are friendly and beautiful, you will be surrounded by the beauty of the city as well which can be very romantic if you play your cards right. Go out there and have a blast.