Guide for dating in Aberdeen helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Scottish women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Scottish girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Aberdeen. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Girls in Aberdeen:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in Aberdeen:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in Aberdeen:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.5 / 5
More about Aberdeen:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$50 - $500
- Accommodation: US$25 - $250
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Scottish girls are naturally very pretty girls; their striking red hair, fair skin, heavy accents and their cute freckled faces make them seem like some of the most beautiful girls in the world without any additives like make up. They are friendly and very approachable and are always up for a good time. This reigns especially true in Aberdeen. Aberdeen is the 4th largest city in Scotland and is a melting pot of culture and activity. The dating scene in the city is dominated by the students in the area thus making it a young man’s dream gaming ground.
The local girls are funny, beautiful and so easy to get along with that it makes dating here a really pleasing experience. The girls have a sense of adventure that is uniquely Scottish and that you won’t easily find elsewhere. So, overall, you will have a good time picking up local girls in the city. Read the following sections for a lot of specific information that you would need during your stay in the city.
The Scottish dating culture on the whole isn’t like most of the western countries in the world where a man and woman meet, exchange contact info and arrange to go on a number of dates until they have to decide whether or not they can see it working for them. In Aberdeen guys and girls will meet through groups of mutual friends, as we mentioned earlier the dating scene is dominated by students so this meet will often take place on a night out.
If there is a connection they might make arrangements to meet one on one for coffee or a drink but most likely they will see each other again when their respective groups of friends meet up again. It is all very casual as most of the people dating are young and free and they like to see what’s out there.
A big factor in the modern dating scene is online dating. Apps and websites play a big role in meeting people in the city. Work and school doesn’t allow for a lot of time to go out and meet people so these avenues allow singles to potentially meet their next boyfriend or girlfriend on their mobile devices. The most popular apps and sites include Tinder, Badoo, plentyoffish, eHarmony and match.com.
Dating in Aberdeen can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Aberdeen and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
As with any other major city in the world the women can be divided into different categories, each of these categories comes with their own ups and downs when it comes to gaming. The categories are split up into the different age groups, different strategies are required to pick up women from the different categories as they are all at different stages in their lives and are looking for different things out of dating. Let’s take a closer look at these categories in the following sections.
Scottish Girls (age 18 - 29)
Aberdeen is a student playground, the second most affordable student city in Europe has everything that a student could want and need. From a top class university to vibrant night life it is all found in Aberdeen. The students (19-23) are the nicest group of girls you’ll meet, personality wise anyway. With such a high concentration of students in the city it’s also probably your best option in terms of picking up single girls. They are easily approachable and will always welcome a drink and a cheeky flirt. These are the youngest group of girls so they are in the best shape of their lives. Their bodies are growing up their figures are appealing. They have small to medium-sized breasts and round buttocks. They tend to wear tight clothes that will make it hard for you to keep your eyes off of them.
There is another part to the youngest part of the dating pool and that is the young professionals (23-29) these are the ladies that have recently finished their studies and are looking to make their way in the world. The University of Aberdeen is well known for its creative writing, engineering and property management courses so you are going to encounter some very ambitious young ladies here. They are a little bit more sure of themselves than the students and will be more selective when dating. They will often date an older man with some sort of success in the corporate world in order to further their own careers. Be careful with them as they won't be as easy as the students. Other than that, they are really beautiful and you will really enjoy your time if you happen to date one of them.
Scottish Women (age 30 - 45)
This can be a really tricky age for dating, especially in Aberdeen. Most of the single ladies are either younger or older than this. At this point in their lives ladies are looking to settle down and find that one true love of their lives, the typical marrying age of women in the UK is between 30 and 32. So it makes it quite difficult to find a single lady from this age bracket. However this is always room for fun in any age group, there will always be a few groups of single ladies that are looking for a bit of stress relief at the weekend as they are part of the hardest working portion of the population.
These women might not be the youngest, but they give their younger counterparts really tough competition in terms of their looks, beauty and physique. If you are looking for a long-term serious relationship, single women from this age bracket would be your best option.
Scottish Ladies (age 45+)
The mature ladies are fun, so much fun. They are straightforward in their approach and will make you understand exactly what it is that they want from you. Generally if you find yourself dating a lady of this age you’ll find that she is a divorced business woman looking for nothing more than a physical relationship. They will most likely live by themselves are be financially independent; therefore they pick men almost entirely based on looks and sexual attraction. These relationships can be really fun and super casual but it is always advisable to make sure you are both on the same page about the nature of the relationship.
They might not be as beautiful or fit as the young ones, but those who are single take care of their bodies and try to keep fit. So chances are that if you find a woman from this age bracket who is single and willing to have some fun, she will be in good shape.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Most of the foreign girls in the city will be students; the reputation that the University of Aberdeen has, means that many students from all over the globe want to study here. The standard of living in the city for students is exceptional. Foreign girls from countries like America, china and also England make up the majority of the international dating pool. The foreign girls are gorgeous. They are more often than not even more attractive than the local girls. With the fact that they are studying away from home means that they have a sense of freedom and adventure that they wouldn’t have had at home and they will be open to dating and hooking up with just about anyone they find charming.
Scottish girls have a reputation for being quite reserved when it comes to matters of the bedroom, however in the last 10 years this has changed. There are a few contributing factors to this change in attitude towards sex. Young people are less inclined to care about what people think about them… with the number of students in the city this sexual revolution can be seen in Aberdeen especially. Sex is thought of and talked about quite openly here, specially by the younger population.
In the past the Scottish people enjoyed rather mundane sex lives, but in recent years there has been a change in the way people view being intimate. There is more adventure in the sex lives of the Scott’s. Aberdeen as we now know is a buzzing student city and with students comes an inherent hook up culture. Casual sex is more and more common and people are not being ridiculed for it. All humans have urges and the need to scratch that itch is one of the base human instincts
The revolution of online dating has enabled more and more singles to find new people on line and most of this results in casual sex. Young people will often use tinder, Badoo, eHarmony and match.com to find a partner with whom to have some fun.
It’s not just the students and young professionals using technology to find no strings attached relationships. There are many apps and sites that are tailor made for a more mature audience. Elite singles and Lumen are two of the best in the United Kingdom.
Along with a hook up culture comes a lot of one-night stands. The amount of students in the city also leads to more one off casual encounters now more than ever. The entire Scottish country on the whole is moving towards a more liberal look on the issue. In a recent survey up to 15% of the respondents have had sex on the first date.
If you are looking for a single night of fun you best bet would be to check out the night clubs and bars frequented by the city's students as they are the most likely group of women to be into a no strings attached roll in the hay. University can be extremely stressful and there are plenty of students out at the weekend looking to let off a little steam.
Online dating platforms also facilitate plenty of hook ups. People are using these platforms more and more to hook up discreetly and without any attachments. Always remember to keep safe, STIs are real and especially if you're going to be out sowing the old wild oats it’s important to practice safe sex.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Aberdeen is a great place to meet single girls. From bars to malls to the great outdoors, Aberdeen has something for all. When putting together a gaming strategy it's important to play to YOUR strengths. In this section we'll look at some of the best places to meet girls in the city of Aberdeen.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Scotland is one of the biggest drinking countries in the entire world so it goes without saying that there will be plenty of bars and pubs severing the finest scotch whiskey and housing some stunning ladies at the same time. Here are some of the best bars and pubs in the city:
- The Grill - One of the oldest and most famous bars in the city; the girl has been around since 1870. The drinks menu is the real attraction though with 600 malt whiskeys lining the bar including some of Scotland’s finest. Along with the multitude of whiskey there is also a wide selection of beers both draught and bottled.
- The Tippling House - This subterranean late night tavern dishes up some of the best handcrafted cocktails the city has to offer. Popular among those who enjoy a more energetic vibe in a bar.
- Brewdog - Considered to be one of the best watering holes in the Granite City, the flagship brewdog pub has been in operation since 2010. The brewdog has some of its finest in house beers and about 100 others on the menu.
- Bos'n - A slice of Latin America in Aberdeen. A club, restaurant and dive bar rolled into one, this up tempo bar provides the perfect place to start a big night out on the town. Their cocktails are the star of the show.
- Orchid Bar- One of the city's higher quality cocktail joints. They serve anything from your classic cosmos and mai tais to some of their bold and out there in house specialities.
- Revolution - Looks can be deceiving and this lively little bar is something of an advertisement for this. Tucked away under the stylish main bar with its comfy booths and simple bar is a much bigger and more vibrant downstairs bar with a dance floor that is made to bounce by the resident DJ.
- The Granite City: This place has many pubs and bars ranging from traditional Scottish to chic and modern. Pick one which suits you and harness your inner charmer and go find yourself a nice lady who likes a drink… In Scotland most of them do.
Although the clubbing scene might not be as well known as that of the cities to the south like Edinburgh and Glasgow, Aberdeen still knows how to party. A thriving student population and the always up for it locals love to get loose to the latest EDM tracks or dancing till dawn in any of the multi-story clubs that play what’s hot. Here we look at some of the best spots to have a good time in Aberdeen.
- The Garage Aberdeen – A student favourite this popular club just off Union Street is known for their cheap and cheerful drinks and pumping dance anthems. The Friday night disco nights will transport you back to simpler time.
- The Institute – A two floor club with three club rooms that caters for everyone. The main room plays the best dance anthems going round and with 2 fully stocked bars everyone can stay well hydrated. If something a little more intimate is what you’re after then the upstairs loft is perfect for you and 400 of your closest friends.
- Babylon – A spiritual clubbing experience if there ever was one, the Babylon is situated on the upper floor of what was once an ecclesiastical church, decked out with stylish velvet and candles the atmosphere is brilliant and the high end spirits menu is enough to convert anyone.
- Krakatoa – Dimly lit, hard wearing music venue that is an institution of Aberdeen nightlife. The lounge area features an expansive dance floor and has played host to a number of touring and local rock and roll acts. Their expertly crafted beer and tiki menu is also a hit among patrons.
- The Tunnels – Located in two underground passage ways this is probably one of the coolest venues in the country, this ‘rave cave’ underwent a major refurbishment in 2014 and puts on one of the best clubbing nights in the UK. With a capacity of 500 people it is always banging.
- Café Drummonds – The stand out club on the alternative music scene in the city. Café Drummonds hosts regular club nights featuring the best of alt-rock as well as plenty of the classics. Even if you fancy yourself a bit of a funny man the club has regular open mic evenings.
Whilst the clubbing scene is small it is very vibrant and you can always count on a great night out in Aberdeen. Most of the clubs are open till late as well so you can feel free to party till the sun comes out. Always be on the lookout for the student hot spots as this will provide the best gaming opportunities.
Shopping malls are great for meeting single women. Cafes, restaurants, cinemas and other social venues are found at most shopping malls as well as of course the stores that ladies love to frequent. Picking up a girl at a mall requires some kind of skill and confidence but if you feel comfortable doing it then check out some of the following centres
- The Trinity Center - Situated on the high street The Trinity Shopping Centre boasts more than 45 shops, concessions, cafes and restaurants for you to choose from. Perfect for any kind of day at the mall. Flagship stores include Debenhams, HMV, Flying Tiger Copenhagen and Ernest Jones.
- Union Square - Union Square is the favoured luxury shopping destination in the North east. With over 80 high end fashion stores, 30 delicious cafes and restaurants along with Aberdeen's largest 10 screen cinema - there's something to suit everyone
- Bon Accord & St Nicholas – A fashion lover’s dream destination, based in the heart of the city centre. Bon Accord & St Nicholas are home to all your favourite brands including; Topshop, River Island, Next, New Look, Oasis, Karen Millen and Warehouse.
- Market Village – For a more relaxed and social shopping experience try the market village. With lots of cosy little cafes and restaurants to keep you well fed and sufficiently hydrated it is a very popular meeting spot for groups.
Beach Boulevard Retail park – This is not your average shopping center. Beach Boulevard has something for everyone, with all kinds of eateries and a cinema. There is also an amusement park at the center for those seeking something with a little more thrill.
Picking up single girls in shopping malls isn’t for everyone but if you have the right strategy and a certain level of self-confidence you can succeed. A top tip is to try the coffee shops and cafes, many students will take advantage of a place to sit that will most likely have free Wi-Fi.
The Scottish highland is a very beautiful place; rolling mountains and crisp lakes at almost every turn. Getting some fresh air is always a great option and in Scotland and especially Aberdeen it’s a great way to meet single ladies. From locals to tourists; if you know where to look you’ll be able to find plenty of adventurous young ladies out and about. Try some of the following outdoor attractions:
- Inverboyndie Beach – Seen as one of the best surfing spots in the north east of Scotland, Inverboyndie is the first choice on the impressive Aberdeen coastline for surfers, windsurfers, swimmers and walkers alike.
- Aberdeen City Beach – As Aberdeen is a coastal city the beach is a very popular place for tourists and locals. Just a short walk from the city and you can be enjoying the beach. The water is a bit chilly for the average swimmer but there are enough cafes and restaurants to enjoy along the beachfront to make you forget about the water.
- Johnston Gardens – A tranquil Japanese garden in the city of Aberdeen, if an afternoon of relaxation is more your vibe then these gardens are the place to be. Beautiful flowers and a glistening waterfall complete the scenery. A major attraction for tourists.
- Aberdeen Harbour – Head down to the harbour is marine life is your thing then this is the perfect place. The harbour is one of the top spots in the city for tourists and the main attraction is the dolphin spotting.
- St Machar Cathedral – Showcasing some of the finest architecture the st Machar is a most beautiful place of worship. However that is not the reason many people visit the cathedral; rumour has it that the arm of William Wallace is buried somewhere in the walls.
- Cairngorms National Park – The sizeable national park has many of the outdoor attractions that make nature enthusiasts explode with excitement. A host of trails, hiking paths, mountains, and water bodies all over the park make for a great day out for both locals and tourists.
Aberdeen is overflowing with great outdoor attractions and if you are looking for adventure and meeting some new and exciting people then this is one of the best cities to do so in.
Universities and Colleges
Aberdeen is predominantly a student city. The best opportunities to meet single girls lie in and around the tertiary learning institutions. There are plenty of universities and colleges to check out across the city.
- University of Aberdeen – Voted the Scottish university of year in 2019 this prestigious school is the most sought after in the country. The university has excellent on campus facilities, the union building has everything that students can need and want. You can grab a meal, coffee or a beer from the Union brew. 33 % of the student body is made up by foreign students so there is a diverse pool of ladies to choose from there.
- Robert Gordon University – The top university in Scotland in terms of employability, 97 % of graduates are either employed or studying further just 6 months after graduating. Thus many students especially tradesmen and women choose RGU as their university.
- North East Scotland College – Another one of the colleges in the city that focuses on getting their students out into the working world as soon as they possibly can. The student body is quite diverse as well with a healthy amount of foreign students and locals from across the country.
- Scottish Agricultural College – A college that as per the name specializes in agriculture. Formed in 1990 when the rural schools of Scotland merged this training facility produces the next crop of farmers in the highlands.
Whilst there are only a few universities and colleges in the city the students are some of the most lively in the UK. Along with being some of the best and brightest they can also party hard. The stresses of studying can often lead to them looking for a chance to let their hair down and this presents the single lad with plenty of options at any given weekend in Aberdeen. Remain on the lookout for student bars and clubs as the drinks will be cheap and the girls friendly.
The number of young people in Aberdeen means that the relationship culture here is a bit different to that that you’ll find elsewhere in Scotland and Europe on the whole. The student population don’t often get into long term committed relationships as they have so much going on already. Studying is on top of the priority list with partying coming a close second. So if you find yourself in a relationship with a young Scottish student don’t expect to hear wedding bells in the too near future.
The current generation rely very heavily on the internet to find love. Using dating apps like Tinder, Badoo and eHarmony allows people to meet someone new and potentially special while on the go. Modern society doesn’t allow for the way guys and girls used to build a connection by meeting on multiple occasions and forming a bond and furthering a relationship. Today you can all but get into a relationship by text message alone. Aberdeen’s relationship scene caters mostly for the younger demographic and that is purely based off the larger student population.
With the liberal nature of how students date the possibility of a holiday fling is quite high. A fleeting romance with an out of town gent tends to get the young ladies going. Most of the guys in the city already go to school with them so they will definitely be open to having a fling with someone new. The tourism scene in Aberdeen is booming. Foreign girls from all over the globe will be in and around the city checking out all the tourist attractions which there are plenty of.
The best holiday fling would be with a local though. Being with a Scottish girl means that for however long you visit the city for you’ll get to experience things your standard tourist wont. Essentially you’ll see the city through the eyes of a local; whilst the Scottish girls might not be the best looking they are super friendly.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Following are some of the tips that we think can help you make your relationship a successful one:
- Trust –At the core of every relationship there needs to be trust. Without trust, no relationship would survive. In the modern world you cannot be with your partner all the time hence the need for absolute trust. A lack of trust can lead to unnecessary suspicion.
- Communicate well – Human beings cannot read minds, so the need to communicate with each other is important and it will make for a steady relationship. A lack of communication can cause quite a bit of friction in a relationship, be open and honest with each other and you’ll win.
- Support – A couple is made up of two people and they need to support each other, modern day women require more and more support from their men as they are currently blazing trails in the professional world and therefore a shoulder to lean on is important.
- Financial Stress – One of the biggest reasons couples fall out is because of cash; luckily the cost of living in Aberdeen isn’t all that high, especially for students. If you can draw up a budget and remain fairly disciplined there should be no arguments about cash flow.
- Find a hobby which you can do together or at least set aside time for one another – We live in a very fast paced world today. Therefore setting aside time to spend together is as important as ever. If you can find something you both enjoy doing in your spare time then can learn so much about your significant other. Aberdeen provides many opportunities for couples to get out and have fun together considering that it is a coastal town.
- Allow Space – Friends and family are important too. Making time for the people that were in your life before your relationship is key, if you see your partner day in and day out you can grow tired of them so make time to hang out with your mates and see your family.
Finding love is a natural part of the dating experience. Women in Scotland are generally quite loyal and very loveable, however in Aberdeen there is a slight difference as for the most part the women in the city are students, and at that age the idea of finding the love of your life in this city is a bit out there. University students aren’t known for falling in love so this might not be the best city to try find it.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Should you find a girl that you do develop feelings for it is important to know if it’s the right girl to spend the rest of your days with. The last thing you want is to confess your undying love for a girl and then she turns out not to be “the one” here we look at a few tips on how to tell if you’ve got yourself a keeper.
• Planning a future- If you find yourself planning a future with a girl there is a good chance that she could be the one with whom you need to settle down with, thinking long term is often a good sign that you are serious about a girl.
• You still find her attractive- After a period of time some guys let their eyes start to wander, if your girl is still the most attractive one in the room to you then it means she’s left her mark on you and it also means that you are serious about her.
• You would rather hang with her than anyone else- Couples that just get together are inseparable and you will find that they will often ditch hanging out with mates in favour of just being alone with one another, if down the line you still prefer hanging with your girl than a rowdy night down at the pub with the boys then you’ve got the green light to look to make the arrangement permanent.
• You want the same things out of life- Setting goals in life is what most young professionals do for themselves, knowing what you want to achieve in the future is vital and if you and your partner are eyeing the same end goals then it is a sign that you are well suited to each other.
• You trust her- Unwavering trust in someone is built up over time and if you can manage to build this with your better half then it makes committing to the relationship that much easier. This kind of trust in your partner allows you to open up to each other more and more and this strengthens the relationship exponentially.
• She gets along with your friends and family- Any girl that can get along with your weird best mates and your dodgy cousin who always gets you into trouble is an absolute treasure. If you feel comfortable taking your girl to family gatherings and get together with friends then you can consider the relationship a serious one.
Marriage is a sacred act between two people and is supposed to be a binding commitment between man and woman that lasts for as long as they both shall live. And this is no different in the Scottish highlands. When women hit the age at which they look to start settling down (usually early to mid-thirties) they are very specific about who they want to date. If you find yourself feeling like the time is right to tie the knot then Aberdeen could be the place for you.
Marriage is considered to be a sacred institution here and entails loyalty, commitment and willingness to sacrifice for your partner. So, before you take the big step, keep these things in mind.
In Aberdeen, they follow some of the most Scottish traditions when it comes to weddings, traditions such as a coin in the bride’s shoe, presenting the wedding gifts a few days before the actual ceremony, a wedding piper in full highland dress welcoming the guests to the church and so on. Whilst they have their own traditions there is still something inherently western about the weddings. The church ceremony and the reception after all being a part of the modern western culture.
The overall divorce rate in the country is declining. Since 2016 less and less couples are splitting, there are reports that this could be due to the economic climate as it makes more sense financially to have a dual income home but if you ask the local Scotts they put it down to love.
All Scotts love their families, in fact, when dating your parter you’ll meet her family early on. When getting married to a girl you well and truly marry her entire clan and this is no different in the highlands. Uncles, cousins, aunts and nephews and nieces will all play a big role in your life especially at the weekends. You will often find yourself emptying pint after pint of ale with your in-laws down at the pub while the game is on.
Scottish girls like to live close to their families as well so you could find yourself moving closer to her family but anywhere in the highlands would still be a treat.
In conclusion the student town of Aberdeen is a great place to meet single girls, from the beautiful coastline to the up market shopping centres and everything in between the North East has a little bit of something for all the single young lads out there. The Scottish hens are well up for it and with just a little bit of tact and confidence you can definitely pull your fair share. Happy gaming gents!