Edinburgh dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Scottish women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Scottish girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Girls in Edinburgh:
- Looks of girls: 3.75 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.75 / 5
Dating in Edinburgh:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.5 / 5
Sex in Edinburgh:
- Women's sexual activity: 3 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Edinburgh:
- Nightlife in general: 3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$40 - $400
- Accommodation: US$25 - $300
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
The typical Scottish girl often has a really good figure which coincides with the global fitness boom of the last five to ten years, however, the Scottish stereotype of red hair with light eyes and freckles can be found all over the city. One issue or “turn off” if you like is the Scottish accent, many find it too much to get around but there are men who find it sexy, as they say: to each his own.
Scottish girls are as a cultural habit very friendly and quite approachable , the Scottish girls will also generally try to show that they can keep up with the boys on a night out, which makes for quite a fun time.
In comparison to the foreign ladies in the city the locals aren’t at the top end of the looks charts but their personalities more than make up for it, so if you’re just looking to ease into the scene then a local lass will be the way to go.
It is a culture that is easy going and there is someone for everyone. The Scottish girls love to be charmed and the attraction (or pickup) process usually starts with a bit of light-hearted humour with sexual undertones thrown in now and then. The girls are fun, so don't be afraid to ask one out on a date. Everything develops from there.
The women in Edinburgh differ mainly by their age bracket, however they are said to be so of the most promiscuous women in Europe, often up to sleep with you on the very first date. Edinburgh is also a city where the ratio of women to me is favorable with 111 women to every 100 men. With that it stands to be that there is a lucky lady for every gent.
Here we take a further look at the different age groups and leave you with some valuable tips on how to make your dating experience a pleasurable one.
Scottish Girls (age 18 - 29)
This is the most popular age group targeted by men who head to Edinburgh. The singular category can be split into two sub categories, namely the students (age 18 to 23) and the young professionals (24 to 29).
The student group is typically to easier of the two groups to “pick up” being a student at university often means they have left their parental homes for the first time and as a result are exploring this new freedom which can be to the advantage of the young man on a night out looking for a casual hook up. This group is also where you’ll find the most diversity in terms of ethnicity as young ladies from all over the globe come to get a quality education at the University of Edinburgh, it is likely that this group will also have the most good looking of the women in Edinburgh as age or in this case a lack thereof is a natural looks enhancer.
The second sub category is the young professionals, generally these ladies are just settling into life in the big city. They have more of set taste in men and will therefore be slightly more challenging to approach. At this point in their lives they find it rather easy and empowering to reject a man but the trick here is to take it on the chin and move on to the next. Confidence is key. Wealth and success are often the most attractive things to ladies in this cluster as some of them are looking for a stable partner with whom to settle, on the other hand many of these ladies are single and are still looking for fun over the weekend.
Scottish Women (age 30 - 45)
This can be a tricky age group to reach out to. During the initial phases of the thirties, most girls are looking to find love, a lifelong partner to build something special with. This is tricky business, and probably not something that can be forced.
If you, too, are looking for a potential wife, it may be in your best interest to simply amble along until one day you wake up next to ‘the one’.
This is also the best age group to find that ever elusive MILF, the times we live in couples are getting divorced more often thus leaving a lot more ladies of this age group newly single and looking for some lighthearted no strings attached fun. These ladies have more pros than cons as they will come with experience in the bedroom and will make a weekend with them one to remember,
Scottish Ladies (age 45+)
The population in Scotland is aging in June 2018 almost 40% of the population was estimated to be older than 40, so if this is your targeted age group you should have no trouble finding the mature lady of your dreams. Single women at this stage of their lives are likely to be financially independent and will not care for status or wealth, to put it bluntly they are in it for the carnal fun.
Besides the obvious Tinder, Bumble, Badoo, etc. you can find tailor-made sites such as toyboywarehouse, meetup, and beyondages.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Edinburgh’s tourism scene is booming with the number of foreigners visiting the city each year growing chance are very high that you will be able to find the exotic girl of your dreams. These girls are almost always hotter than the local talent which makes them that much more alluring.
With the University of Edinburgh being one of the most sought after educational institutions in the Uk it attracts students from all over the globe, and this university has about 8000 more females than it has males so there are bound to be a fair few international beauties about.
With a high number of immigrants from countries like china, the USA and India there are plenty of expat girls in the city as well, this diversity means there really is something for everyone.
Listed below are the most popular tourist spots in the city, perhaps a fertile gaming ground to find your favorite exotic beauty.
• Royal Mile- linking Edinburgh castle and the Palace of Holyroodhouse these streets are lined with shops cafes and restaurants • Edinburgh Castle- Scotland’s most famous landmark and one of the Uks most visited sites • Royal Botanic Gardens- second largest of its kind in Britain, has thousands of visitors from across the world. • Carlton Hill- bustling commercial area with bakeries, cafes and gift stores
The image of repressed Scots is a thing of the past as the nation embraces a sexual revolution that has seen a dramatic change in attitudes
Now more than ever Scotswomen are engaging in sex on the first date with an increasing number of them turning to internet dating with the end goal being sex.
This being said if a more experienced hook up is what you’re after then your best option would be to pick up a foreign girl as this would allow you to potentially engage with ladies who have a far more pronounced sexual appetite like an American or if a more subtle hookup is what you’re after there are plenty of good looking Asian babes in the city.
Britain has currently one of the most casual sexual cultures. There are thousands of young people who are looking for nothing more than a hookup come the weekend, making it filled to the brim with potential for any single man. In this section we look at how you can make this hookup culture work for you.
With that being said, often the hardest part of the chase is the approach. Some girls can be difficult, they know that for every one man, there are probably twenty others willing to buy them a drink at the party. Well, if you play your cards right, they can be yours.
The crux of them matter is that you don’t want to be seeing the same average 5s and 6s every weekend. They get dull. While the hotter girls may seem tough to get to, they have needs just like you do. Studies show that most women have sex at least 3 times per week. So, instead of jumping straight in, try the long game.
The more females you know the better your chance of success, every girl has a group of girlfriends that in her mind are essential to her. Thus creating an opportunity for you to spend regular time with girls. Almost every friend group will include one or two absolute stunners and the more time you spend with them the more likely that they will develop an attraction to you.
More and more ladies are trying the social media route for finding love, try using apps such and Tinder and Badoo to find ladies close to you.
76% of people in Edinburgh have admitted to having a one night stand, yes that’s right a whopping 76%! Your chances here are looking almost guaranteed that if a one night only fling is what you are looking for you will succeed. Conversely only 56% of women say that they have enjoyed their one night only experience so you will have to bring you A game.
There has been increase in sexually transmitted infections so always be sure to have protection.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
There are a couple of key factors to consider when choosing your location. The gaming ground is a highly strategic choice; it must play to your strengths and not weaknesses. For example, if you are naturally shy and struggle to hold a conversation with too many people, then perhaps approaching a girl in the mall is not for you, maybe you require a few drinks before you can emerge from your shell, if this is the case then a bar or pub will be your best option. Edinburgh is full of opportunity, so make sure that the ladies play into your hands and not the other way around.
Face to face is not the only option when looking for girls, social media is also a great way to meet single ladies. If you have an impressive social media presence it makes it that much easier. As mentioned earlier there is a significant shift to online dating. Tinder, Badoo or any other apps and sites of their nature are not to be overlooked.
Some men need the thrill of a physical gathering to meet girls. In this case, bars and clubs probably provide the best bet when looking for that first impression. This can go many different ways, including hookups and flings. The younger girls are unlikely to want anything more unless you both really feel the spark. See the “bars and nightclubs” section for the list of hot locations.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Scotland loves a drink, so there will be plenty of watering holes in which to find your next hot date. Edinburgh’s nightlife scene is a unique blend of old and new, with traditional, dark, subterranean pubs in the Old Town, and trendier, more upscale clubs across the bridge in New Town
Here is a list of some of the best bars, pubs and clubs to visit:
• Three sisters - In the middle of Cowgate, a street that cuts through the heart of Old Town, Three Sisters is a popular venue for students, sports fans, and travelers. Three Sisters is known for its cheap drinks and its large outdoor beer garden.
• Why not nightclub -With a spacious main dance floor playing chart music, LED room usually devoted to hip-hop classics, two bars, a big outdoor patio, and ample VIP seating, Why Not has something for everyone.
• HIVE - Hive is the dive-bar version of a nightclub, and it’s hugely popular with younger university students. DJs play popular chart music, the bar is cash only, and the atmosphere resembles a sparse, high-ceilinged basement.
• Tigerlilly -This upscale hotel in New Town is known for its huge downstairs bar and lounge. Located on George Street, alongside many trendy bars and clubs, Tigerlily’s atmosphere is modern and eccentric
• Ensign Ewart -Located near Edinburgh Castle on the Royal Mile, this traditional pub is perfect for anyone looking for a ton of Scottish charm (and whiskey).
• Sneaky Pete’s - On Edinburgh’s main clubbing thoroughfare, Sneaky Pete’s has punched well above its weight to become the finest concert and club venue in the city. The normal club nights bring in some of the finest DJ talent in the country, with Leon Vynehall, Auntie Flo, Midland and Jacques Greene among the highlights.
• SHANGHAI CLUB – located in the basement of the high end boutique hotel Le Monde. With a recently refurbished sound system this hidden gem caters for all. Cosy booths surround the ringed off dance floor for more private parties and there is also the exclusive VIP booth that overlooks the dance floor. Definitely a place for the more sophisticated birds.
• EL BARRIO – located in the heart of new town this lively Latin themed bar grill and dance club caters for the more adventurous patron looking for the hottest Latinas in town.
• LULU – A fancy night out that requires you to get the Sunday best out? LULU might be the perfect place for you. On George street right underneath another popular venue in tigerlilly this club will attract the hottest young professional crowd, if that’s your vibe then check it out.
• The wee red bar- Cosy, chilled, cheap. These are the three most important words for a student looking for a lively night out and the wee red bar offers just that. Students are always game so give this a visit.
• LA BELLE ANGELE – A staple of the Edinburgh night scene, La Belle Angele is one of the most popular spots in town. It burned down and was rebuilt and has only gotten more popular. Offering a variety of different vibes ranging from your standard tech club night to rock gigs, you’ll find anyone and everyone here on weekends.
• THE BONGO CLUB – If you’re looking for a dance with a cutie then the bongo club in the old town is the place to be. Regarded as one of the most popular all round dance spots in the city you can bank on your offer for a dance being accepted.
Edinburgh's shopping scene may be compact, but it's excellent. Not only will you find one of the world's first department stores, plus British institutions like Harvey Nichols, but you'll also discover boutiques that attract every kind of shopper, that said try some of the following malls to find yourself a fair Scottish lass.
• Omni Center - The Omni Center is a great place to spend your leisure time with a great selection of bars and restaurants, a fitness center and a cinema. Anywhere there is a bar there are bound to be single ladies and their friends.
• Multrees Walk -Multrees Walk is an open air shopping venue which is home to some of Edinburgh's most exclusive and desirable fashion brands. This is basically catnip for gorgeous girls.
• Ocean Terminal -This is actually Edinburgh's largest shopping center with over 70 shops, a cinema, a spa, a gym, lots of cafes and restaurants and the popular tourist attraction, the Royal Yacht Britannia. It is a short bus or taxi ride from the center of town. This being the largest center means there will always be attractive women around, they simply cannot resist a mall.
• Livingston Designer Outlet - Livingston Designer Outlet is a covered shopping center located a short drive outside Edinburgh. It is jam packed with designer outlet stores, designer stores are always likely to attract the best looking ladies.
• PRINCES MALL – located close to Waverly station this mall is always packed. With its large food court and three levels of shops this might be a great place to pick up a local Scottish hen.
• GYLE SHOPPING CENTER - one of the largest shopping centers in the country at a staggering 50 acres. Many of the big name stores can be found at the Gyle, but there are also a few luxury stores and specialist shops you won’t find at other smaller shopping malls. With a variety of jewelers, designer clothing stores and a plethora of eateries the Gyle is the place to be.
Edinburgh is overflowing with sights to be seen outdoors. Buzzing tourist destinations and beautiful landmarks for locals and international travelers alike to marvel at. Heading out on a day trip is well worth the effort as you could easily meet quite a few hotties out and about.
Give these hotspots a try:
• Holyrood Park and Arthur’s Seat are popular with energetic walkers throughout the year. Small Lochs, craggy cliffs, natural fauna and superb views will reward an energetic stride around this landmark overlooking the capital. If a more aesthetically pleasing girl is what you’re looking for the this would be a good place to start.
• The Meadows to the south of the city is a popular spot for outdoor sports and ball games. Why not sit back and watch a game of cricket, or take part in a game of tennis? Sporty girl tickle your fancy? This is the perfect spot to work your game.
• Portobello Beach offers a delightful alternative to the city centre. This beach is a much loved escape for most Edinburgh locals, and offers a great view of the sunset. On a sunny day, the beach is full of people having fun in the sun, great for dog walkers and nature lovers. There are also some charming cafés on the promande, these are always a great place to chat up cute girls.
• Scott Monument, This striking landmark, found in East Princes Street Gardens, is dedicated to Sir Walter Scott and the tallest monument to a writer found anywhere in the world. At 200ft tall it's hard to miss, this is where you would find that sexy and intelligent foreign girl of your dreams.
• Greater Grassmarket. Only a short walk from the Royal Mile, the Grassmarket is one of Edinburgh’s most vibrant and colorful areas. Steeped in history, visitors flock to view the architecture and landmarks including the nearby Greyfriar’s Bobby. Each Saturday from 10am – 5pm it’s a hive of activity as it bustles with locals and visitors.
Universities and Colleges
With a relatively small population compared to many of the cities in the UK, the Scottish capital has a large student community proportionate to its overall size, meaning it scores especially well for student mix. Notably, 36 percent of students at ranked universities in Edinburgh are international, providing a diverse and inclusive atmosphere.
Here is a list of some of the colleges in the city and how you can use them to your gaming advantage
• University of Edinburgh -The University of Edinburgh is Scotland's most prestigious institution. It is ranked as one of the best universities in the world for arts and humanities, but also for computer science. Students have the privilege of studying in some of the oldest and most enchanting buildings in the city. The Edinburgh university is the best place to put in some groundwork, with its massive foreign appeal and the fact that most of the locals all want to go here there are plenty of girls here with 8000 more female students than males, • Edinburgh Napier University – one of the leading schools in Scotland the Edinburgh Napier uni also has quite the large international pull, with this college being just a few minutes away from the city center by public transport rest assured that the student body will be out come sundown. • Heriot-Watt University is valued for its pioneering research, informed by the global needs of business and industry. With a rich heritage stretching back to 1821, specialists in business, engineering, design and the physical, social and life sciences heriot-watt is another popular choice with the local Scottish population but with campuses in Dubai and Malaysia again there is a significant foreign presence. These ladies being in a new country are often looking for a guy their parents would normally disapprove of.
There are a few more higher learning institutions out there as Edinburgh has developed into the second biggest student town in the UK thus attracting more and more attractive young women.
With a generation heavily engaged in app-based and online dating, it’s the most common route for people to find dates. While there’s usually a hook up culture among university students (and Edinburgh has three unis, so it’s definitely a youthful vice), Scots are family minded, often marrying in their mid to late twenties.
Most of the young professionals in Edinburgh have to split their time between being home and being in London as most of the companies have their headquarters in the English capital so definitely be prepared to do the long distance thing if you’re in it for the long haul.
For the younger gents there are plenty of local and international students looking for just a casual distraction from the stress of university life so if you find yourself in one of those good on you.
Edinburgh being a family orientated Scottish city there aren’t too many holiday flings but with the massive influx in tourists around the time of the arts festival the chances that you can have a short and steamy romance with a girl you may never see again is still very much possible.
It is often the younger hens that are looking for this sort of relationship and they are solely based on the physical and chemical attraction.
Tips for Successful Relationship
• Trust – the bedrock of any successful relationship. Life is a mixture of to-do tasks, travelling and chores. You will probably both spend most of your time at work, which leaves very little room for suspicion. Ensure that you build trust with one another through conversations, affirmations of feelings and time. Without trust, no relationship would survive.
• Communicate well – there may be things which you expected that doesn’t happen or vice versa. There may also be things which your partner does which don’t please you, the important thing here is to let them know. Be open about your expectations and work hard to fix things if there is strain. With the busyness of life, taking time out to communicate is key.
• Support – most women are breaking out of a cultural seal which has placed them in a box for many years. The current batch of students are part of the girls to continue fighting for their positions in corporate life, hence the need for support from home. You need to help make your lady feel empowered this way she will see that you are serious about her and her feeling for you will only grow.
• Financial Stress – This can be a worry, Luckily Edinburgh is not an awfully expensive place to live in comparison with other cities in the UK. Finances can be a great point of conflict between couples; it adds unnecessary tension to the relationship. Have a budget. Control the spending.
• Find a hobby which you can do together or at least set aside time for one another – It is easy to let life pass by without prioritizing each other. As I am sure you have realized by now, this is the main threat and it must be actively combatted. This is easily solved with a scheduled date or choosing a hobby together. Edinburgh has many locations for couples to reconnect with each other should there be a feeling of separation.
• Allow Space – Friendships outside the relationship are important. Remember you both had lives before you started seeing each other, resentment will creep in if your partner starts to feel like you are preventing them from seeing people they might have known for possibly a much longer period of time than yourself.
Edinburgh is naturally a romantic city, with all the ancient and deeply meaningful architecture finding love in the city is not going to be the hardest thing you’ll ever do.
The different cultures in the city all possess different views on love as such, for example, a young local uni student might claim to be in love with you after a few whiskeys. This is definitely not marriage material but it will be more than enough fun for a few weeks.
Where on the other hand (because there are so many of them) an Asian girl will be less likely to express any version of love as it is not in their culture to get overly involved with a guy outside of their culture and anyone that their parents do not approve of.
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the American girls who will almost certainly say they love you for the promise of a few expensive gifts and some good fun evenings in the bedroom, this might grow into wholesome love but you can never be too sure.
In summary, your best bet of love here would be with a pretty red-haired Scottish lass.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Before getting into an explanation of how to know, there ,must be an understanding of what must be given up, an opportunity cost, if you will. Some of the best times you have being single include the freedom to meet many women, learn from many women and of course… sleep with as many women as you please (or can pull).
Many guys enter into long-term relationships without fully exploring this avenue of life, without sewing their wild oats as they say, So, the first step is to ask yourself if you are willing to give all of this up for one girl? If the answer is an emphatic ‘Yes’, proceed with the following tests.
Love is not something that you manufacture. It’s more like a pit you fall into on your way to somewhere else. If you have met a girl and it begins to blossom into love, that’s a good sign. You should find yourself thinking about her more often.
Communication is a key aspect. It’s all good and well finding chemistry and a close connection, but if the ability to converse, argue and explain isn’t present, the relationship may just be a ticking time bomb. The ability to talk through them is the glue that keeps everything together.
As a man, it is easy to know the difference between sexual attraction and actual love, so if you only think about your lady when you’re in THAT mood, well that may be assign that you just need to get laid. However, if you miss her throughout the day, there may be a bud of love in there. If you want to cuddle after sex, you’ve caught the feels.
The Scotts are a family oriented people, if you marry a girl here you are marrying the whole clan. The world we live in today and the cost thereof means that there will most likely be the need for both of you to work. Women these days and especially those in places like Edinburgh where females have been seen as second rate citizens are working harder than ever to be seen as equal. You will need to be understanding and supportive.
The city has so much to offer not only to the newlywed couple but to any that have been married for a longer period of time in terms of bars, restaurants, cafes, art galleries and theaters for those looking to keep that spark alive.
As with most other cities in the UK the wedding scene is a fairly traditional one. Flowing white gown and the groom in a kilt is what you can expect to see on any given weekend. As time goes on the more traditional Scottish customs give way to the more modern one but you can sure that there will be a church and definitely whiskey…these are two non-negotiables.
Edinburgh is an incredibly family friendly city, this is in line with pretty much the entire country of Scotland, unlike the other major cities in the UK like London in which the cost of living is hugely expensive Edinburgh in comparison is cheap and easy to live in.
According to a recent Royal Mail survey based on criteria like employment, green spaces, education and healthcare, it’s Britain’s best place to live and work in
Finding a good state school in Edinburgh isn’t too tricky — publicly-funded Broughton High School was named Scotland’s best by Tatler magazine in 2016 and standards elsewhere across the city are generally good.
With the divorce rate dropping every year in Scotland on the whole, there has seemingly never been a better time to tie the knot in the highlands.
Ultimately the most important thing to remember here is that Edinburgh is a cultural melting pot and if you are into the arts the chicks will certainly be into you. If you can develop a handy pulling technique then there are indeed plenty fish in the sea. There are plenty of things to enjoy in the Scottish capital with the massive art festival each year there is always fresh talent. The possibility is endless
Take some risks and enjoy the beautiful scenery that Edinburgh has to offer .