Dating in Zimbabwe and meeting single girls is fun! You just need to know the basic steps how to date Zimbabwean women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Zimbabwean girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Zimbabwe, Africa.
Girls in Zimbabwe:
- Looks of girls: 3/ 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.5/ 5
- Education level of girls: 4/ 5
Dating in Zimbabwe:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 2 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 2 / 5
Sex in Zimbabwe:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 2 / 5
More about Zimbabwe:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$20 - $1000
- Accommodation: US$10 - $800
- 1 Dating Zimbabwean Girls
- 2 Women in Zimbabwe
- 3 Sex in Zimbabwe
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls in Zimbabwe
- 5 Relationship in Zimbabwe
- 6 Love in Zimbabwe
- 7 Marriage in Zimbabwe
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
Dating Zimbabwean Girls
Zimbabwe is a beautiful country with so much to offer besides its culture and tourist attractions. The country is home to a mostly young population and this population includes many beautiful and friendly women. Dating local girls in Zimbabwe is possible and varies according to the city or town that you are in.
The main traits that you will find when dating across the country include but are not limited to loyalty, protectiveness, respect as well as the fact that the girl will in most cases expect you to be loyal to her as well. Harare is the capital city and home to the highest percentage of the urban population. The capital city is also home to the majority of the younger population, aged between 20 and 35.
As opposed to previous dating culture which was more rooted in traditional culture and strictly had to lead to marriage, the dating culture has become more flexible with the majority of the younger women (below 26) dating for fun and pleasure as opposed to strictly looking for a husband. A large number of these girls are just looking for a fun relationship in which they can experience new things before they settle down and have kids.
The dating culture varies according to which part of the country you are in. Large cities like Harare, Bulawayo, and Gweru have the busiest dating scene as they are home to most women in their early 20s. Here the women are more open to casual dating as well as sex before marriage. In smaller towns, it is quite possible to date casually, but due to the fact that there are fewer men, most women are looking for something more serious and committed. Lastly, in towns that are major tourist attractions such as Victoria Falls, the culture of vacation relationships is a norm.
The country is still a bit conservative though, so kissing and other forms of touching in public may be considered as indecent exposure and could even result in you paying a fine should you be spotted by law enforcement.
Women in Zimbabwe
As you will notice in the sections below, Zimbabwe is quite a diverse nation and home to various types of women who have different expectations and behaviors when it comes to dating. Over time the women have adopted an open-minded approach when it comes to dating and living life in general, as opposed to previous generations which preferred to follow cultural beliefs and expectations. Girls are open to the idea of sex before marriage as well as going clubbing and meeting men in bars.
When selecting a woman to date, it generally depends on your taste as an individual. There is a variety of black women who tend to have slight differences depending on their ethnicity. The Ndebele are considered to be the curvier and lighter group while the Shona are taller and slimmer. The country is also home to women of mixed race as well as white and Asian women if you are looking for something a bit more exotic.
Zimbabwean Girls (age 18 - 29)
The women in this age group can be further split into two. 19 to 25-year-olds are usually either still in University or just starting out their careers. These girls are still rather young and are not looking to be tied down by serious commitment and are therefore dating for fun. They tend to be dating to explore and experience before they decide what type of man they want to settle down with.
Harare, Bulawayo, and Gweru are home to the largest University population and are therefore the places to be if you are looking for fun relationships. These girls can be found mostly at University campuses, malls, and nightclubs. However, not all girls of this age group are looking for fun. Some, especially the highly religious ones are actually looking to settle down soon after college, and therefore, you should take the time to get to know the girl and her expectations from an early stage so as not to be disappointed.
Women aged between 26 and 29 are in most cases now in the 'settling down' stage of their lives. In most cases, these women have lived and enjoyed their youth as well as established themselves in their careers. The next step, therefore, naturally becomes to settle down and start a family. Women at this stage, therefore, become picky and no longer just date for fun, but actually start to look at factors such as emotional, financial, and mental stability.
Girls in this age group are generally considered as being hot as they are still in their prime. You are most likely to find an exciting and eventful relationship with women from this age group than any other age group.
Zimbabwean Women (age 30 - 45)
Women in this age group are mature and are in most cases highly professional women who have been seriously focused on building their careers and securing financial independence. In some cases, the women in this age group are divorced and could probably not be looking for anything too serious. However, due to the fact that they are now mature, a large number of women in this age group are looking to settle down.
With age comes experience, and therefore these women tend to know exactly what they want. This includes in the bedroom as well. These women tend to know what they want and therefore make for steady partners.
Zimbabwean Ladies (age 45+)
Most women in this age group are married women and therefore chances of dating them are low. They are mothers and in some cases, grandmothers and dating tend to be the last thing on their mind.
Women in this age group who are dating tend to be looking for someone to grow old with and therefore most of them have no time for flings and relationships that are not going anywhere. However, a few of them are open to casual dating even with younger men. It is easier to find those who are open to casual dating on online dating sites such as Tinder or on rare occasions in bars.
Foreign Girls in Zimbabwe (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Zimbabwe is quite a popular tourist destination, especially in the summer. This, therefore, means that there is a high possibility of meeting foreign girls, especially in the major tourist hubs such as Victoria Falls. Most of them open Tinder accounts when they are in search of a holiday fling and you can connect with them there.
Due to the current economic state of the country, the number of foreign students has relatively decreased. However, there are still a number of foreign students from nearby African countries. As is the norm with university students, some of them could be open to having fun and can be found in areas that are frequented by university students.
Zimbabwe is not really a place for expats to settle down. The country has a rather low employment rate therefore very few people move there. This, therefore, means that a relationship with an international visitor is probably going to be short-lived.
Sex in Zimbabwe
It is impossible to give one specific answer on what sex with Zimbabwean women is like. Your sexual experience will vary depending on the type of person that you end up with as well as your skills as the man.
As opposed to previous generations in which even talking about sex was taboo, the current generation has a more open attitude towards sex and women have increasingly become sexual beings. Most girls grow up planning to remain virgins until they get married, but as they grow older and experience life, most of them tend to have lost their virginity by the age of 22. As as much as the girls may no longer be virgins, casual sex is still frowned upon and therefore many people tend to shy away from it, sticking strictly to sex with the person that they are dating. However, Christianity still has an influence on many girls and they manage to hold on to their virginity.
The sexual experience itself tends to differ with the individual, based on numerous factors such as cultural experiences, experience, and the general character of the individual. In some cultures, women are taught how to move under a man so as to enhance their sexual pleasure as well as other things that could be considered to make sex more enjoyable. Also, with the aid of the internet, many women have become self-taught experts when it comes to sex. In the case of a general character, some women might be more willing to explore new things than others as they are more open whilst others are more shy and conservative.
There has been quite a noticeable difference with regards to attitudes towards sex over the last few decades. The concept of one-night stands is no longer as taboo as it used to be. It is quite possible to go out and have fun which could lead to a no strings attached one-night stand experience. This practice is especially common with the younger college going age group as they try to live life and enjoy the college experience. These women are at the stage where they enjoy having fun and once in a while, a one-night stand is considered as being harmless.
However, even though the stigma against one-night stands has been reduced, there are still judgements for having one. Most people would prefer to either not have a one-night stand or to hide that they are into them as they are afraid of the judgement that they might be exposed to as some people consider those who partake of one night stands as lacking in morals.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls in Zimbabwe
The easiest and fastest way to meet single girls is probably in person at functions and/or bars and nightclubs. In order to actually catch the attention of the girls you need to be charming, sweet, and create an amazing first impression. It is best to avoid approaching girls on the street as they tend to find that disrespectful. It is best to approach women in places where they are comfortable and in the mood to be friendly. These places include the mall, movie houses, and for the most part at nightclubs or gatherings such as parties.
As is expected in this technological era, dating apps have also become quite a popular way of meeting single girls fast. Most people struggle when it comes to meeting people face to face and actually striking up a conversation. This has led to numerous people creating profiles on dating apps as they make it easier to meet like-minded people who are interested in starting a relationship. The most common dating app that is used by single people in Zimbabwe is Tinder. These apps are quite easy to download and are mostly free of charge to use.
Outdoor locations are a great place to meet single girls throughout the country, especially in tourist hubs. A national park is a perfect place to meet girls who are fun-loving and in most cases ready for a holiday fling. This is because university girls like to go to these places for girls' trips and could be open to making new connections.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Drinking alcohol and partying has become the number one past-time for the current generation, and this fact rings true in Zimbabwe as well. A large majority of the alcohol consumed in Zimbabwe is made locally and this, therefore, means that it is relatively cheap, which could be an advantage to visitors from outside. Alcohol consumption is restricted for people under 18 and it is illegal for them to try to purchase it.
Nightclubs, as well as bars and pubs, are good places to meet girls. If you are looking for a girl to have a short and fun fling with, probably with no strings attached or maybe even a one-night stand then nightclubs are your best bet. This is probably because of the general environment in nightclubs which barely allows for people to make a genuine connection. Bars and pubs have an environment where it is easier for people to talk and actually get to know each other and this could lead to a much more stable and serious relationship as opposed to a casual hookup.
Zimbabwe has quite a number of cities that are considered as having a buzzing nightlife, in terms of partying and clubbing. The top 3 party areas are Harare, Bulawayo, and Gweru. Victoria Falls, the most popular tourist destination also has a number of night-life hotspots. Most of the nightclubs have a no under 21 entrance policy and they tend to ask for identification before you enter so as to avoid underage drinking.
Best Clubs in Harare:
- Pabloz VIP and Deck – This is a classy club in the city. Frequently mainly by the upper class of society.
- Club Katar – It is very popular with students due to its rather low prices. The club is casual with not many restrictions and probably also the number one hookup spot in town
- The Centurion– A local flavor mixed with unique beats and a bar that holds an impressive amount of cocktails, mixers, and shots. It’s a slightly more chilled environment with a pool table and a hip hop heartbeat.
Best Clubs in the Bulawayo:
- Zarah Lounge - It is a small but classy nightclub which doubles as a fancy restaurant during the day. They have a strict dress code and you will not be allowed entry if you are sloppily dressed. As is expected with most classy places, it is kind of pricey.
- Cubana – Another small but classy club located in the heart of the city. It also has a strict dress code and has a limit on the number of people who enter. Wednesdays are ladies cocktail nights and therefore if you are looking to meet single ladies, you could try your luck then.
- Cosmopolitan Night Club – This club has the largest dance floor in the city. It is usually very packed, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. The alcohol is cheap and the music is very good. If you are looking for a night of great dancing this is the place to be.
- Hartsfield Tshisanyama – This is not necessarily a club but is in actual fact an open area where people go to braai and dance at night. It is very popular, especially with university students. Alcohol is relatively cheap.
Best Clubs in Gweru:
- Bowling Club – It is the most popular club in the city. It is attached to the bowling club. It is well known for its great selection of music which will keep you entertained all night.
- Club Excite – It is quite a popular club for after parties. It is rather casual but is not too popular among students. It is frequented by a more mature crowd that wants to avoid college student shenanigans.
Best Clubs in Victoria Falls:
- The Boma - Dinner & Drum Show- this is a dinner theatre. If you are looking for dinner, drinks and a show this is the place to be
- Beerbab Brewpub and Brewery - this is a casual and cozy pub where you can go to relax and have a great night. The alcohol is relatively cheap and the environment is quite friendly.
The country has very few malls that could be considered as an exciting place to hang out with friends or go shopping. Most cities generally just have a city center in which you can find all the shops that you need. Malls of note are found in the capital city and these are great places to meet people as friends go there to hang out and have fun. Malls provide a great platform to approach girls – even if it’s just to get a phone number.
Malls in Zimbabwe:
- Avondale Shopping Center, Harare
- Westgate Mall, Harare
- Long Cheng Plaza, Harare
- Arundel Village Shopping Centre, Harare
- Riverside Walk Mall, Harare
- Bulawayo Center, Bulawayo
- Zonkiziwe Shopping Center, Bulawayo
- Elephant Walk, Victoria Falls
Zimbabwe has a beautiful outdoor experience to offer. The country has many exciting activities that can be carried out outdoors. The country is home to many natural cornerstones which you can explore and enjoy. These places attract thousands of tourists, both local and international; per year and are rather amazing places to either meet people or to go for dates. Listed below are some of the best outdoor destinations across the country.
- The Victoria Falls – This is one of the natural wonders of the world. They can be viewed from both Zimbabwe and Zambia, although the Zimbabwean side is considered as having the most majestic view. It is best to visit soon after the rainy season when the falls are full so as to see them in all their glory. Activities such as bungee jumping, swimming at Devils Pool, taking a helicopter ride above the falls, white water rafting, and sunset boat cruising. The entrance fee is USD$30 for internationals, USD$20 from SADC countries and USD$7 for locals
- Hwange National Park – This is the largest national park in the country and is home to the big 5. It is about an hour’s drive away from Victoria Falls therefore you can easily travel between the two places. The national park offers early morning game drives so as to be able to see the animals as they go to the watering hole. The entrance fee for internationals is USD$20 and USD$15 for SADC countries.
- Kariba Dam – It is a man-made majestic sight. There are numerous wild animals in the Kariba area as well as a number of parks. Boat cruises are quite common in this area.
- Great Zimbabwe Ruins – this is the place to visit if you are interested in historical sites. It was one of the original settlements of the original settlers in the country. The entrance fee for internationals is USD$15.
- Matobo National Park – is a park that is located about 35km outside Bulawayo. It is well known for its balancing rocks as well as many historical sites such as the grave of Cecil John Rhodes. The park is also a protective zone for endangered rhinoceros. It costs USD$15 for international tourists to enter the park.
Universities and Colleges
Tertiary education is quite popular across Zimbabwe and the country has a total of 13 universities as well as a number of technical colleges as well as teacher training centers. The universities are scattered across the country, with the larger ones having campuses in various cities so as to reduce the overpopulation of students. Below is a list of the top 3 Universities across the country.
- The University of Zimbabwe – This is the biggest and oldest university in the country. It is located in the capital city of Harare. It is the number one choice for most students in Medicine, Law, and Pharmacy throughout the nation. The university has on-campus residence but there are no malls on campus therefore students go into the city center for shopping and other activities. It is impossible to sneak into lecture halls if you are not a student there.
- National University of Science and Technology– This is the second best University in the country and is located in Bulawayo. It is the top choice for Engineering and commercial students across the country. The university itself is rather small though and has a small population of students. Security is strict about none students entering the campus grounds.
- Midlands State University- This is the second-largest university in the country, with their students making up most of the population in the city of Gweru. It is also the second choice school for Law students. The university is reputed as being home to a number of beautiful women.
Relationship in Zimbabwe
Relationships, in general, are a complex situation and there are no written rules that could in any way guarantee their success. Dating in Zimbabwe is quite exciting as there are many activities that you can do as a couple as well as many people you can visit. There are a variety of girls from different ethnicities who view dating in different ways. There is enough culture to explore as a couple. There are numerous world-class coffee shops, restaurants, and hotels in the country, as well as a good entertainment industry. Local artists have many concerts and performances in different cities that you can attend as a couple, which could make date nights even more exciting as they involve dancing.
There are a variety of girls who have different expectations from the guys they are dating. The major expectations across the board are loyalty, faithfulness, and the ability to treat your girl like she is special. In return, you will discover that the average girls are loyal, loving, and passionate about finding love. Exploring a beautiful city has many exciting thrills – even for local people who have lived there their whole lives. Furthermore, there is a rich history and an increasing willingness for people to date cross-culturally.
Holiday romances are quite rare in most parts of the country but are quite the norm in the top tourism hot spots. If a quick fling during your vacation is the thing you’re after, then your chances will be highest in the parts of the country where girls are used to the fact that guys are there for a short time and are therefore used to having short term relationships. In the calmer and smaller towns, the girls are more interested in long term relationships than a short holiday relationship. Second, there are a lot of fun things to do, especially in tourist hubs with your girl. There are numerous national parks, lakes, and site seeing adventures throughout the country. There are also thrilling activities such as bungee jumping in Victoria Falls, zip lines in many of the parks as well as boat cruises. If you are willing to put in the work, you are guaranteed to have an amazing fling which you will remember for a lifetime. The idea of dating a foreigner is somewhat intriguing to most girls, especially those in their early to mid-twenties. This is probably because it makes for a great story to later tell their friends.
Tips for Successful Relationship
All relationships come with expectations from both sides. To be able to create and maintain a successful relationship with a Zimbabwean woman, there are a few things that you can do which will give you a leg up. Below is a list of some of the basic things that you can do:
- Offer to pay for the first date. This shows your intent and that you are a gentleman, willing to take care of a girl if that need arises. Most girls brought up with good manners will offer to contribute, but you must insist and take care of the bill. It is a strange but necessary custom.
- Be financially independent. In a country where poverty is a real issue and minimum wage leaves you out on the street – literally – you will have to prove your ability to provide for yourself financially. This doesn’t necessarily mean that you should be rich and flashy, it simply means that you should be able to afford a generally respectable lifestyle, as well as be able to spoil her once in a while.
- African culture places mega emphasis on respect, especially of the older generations. Women are taught from a young age that a man who is unable to display respect for those older than them is probably incapable of resecting his woman. Therefore, they expect to see the man they are dating display levels of respect to the people around them. Also, the way you treat servers around you, be it waiters or security guards says a lot about you, being rude will not get you very far. If the girl takes you to meet her family, you should always be respectful. Although, in most cases meeting the family is quite a big step that is only taken when you are now considering marriage.
- Be creative when planning your dates. Try by all means to ensure that you keep the relationship exciting. There are many outdoor activities in Zimbabwe, make the most of them so as to be able to give your girl a good time. Also, take advantage of the many fancy restaurants so as to be able to give her a chance to get dressed up and treat her like the most important girl in the room.
Love in Zimbabwe
Love is a rather complex concept as there is no way of quantifying it. Many people have different ideas of what love is based on what they believe. Also, love languages vary according to each individual. Some girls believe gift-giving is a sign of love, others believe that giving them attention is a sign of love. It is important for you to get to know what the love language of the person you are dating is so as to make them feel loved and therefore secure in the relationship.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Every girl is in love with the idea of love. From a young age girls dream of meeting their ideal guy, falling in love, and getting married. With age and experience, however, most of them have been hurt and they become cautious about falling in love. You should, therefore, be patient so as to show her that you are worth loving and trusting. If you do it right, you will be able to sweep her off her feet. The way a girl acts around you says a lot about how she feels about you. A woman who loves you will want to spend a lot of time with you and is protective of her territory. Zimbabwean women believe a lot in exclusive relationships, so you can rest assured that if she truly loves you she will only be with you and will expect the same from you. If a girl doesn’t give you attention or demand yours, isn’t willing to accommodate you and your needs then she is not the one.
A woman’s age is also a determining factor on whether or not she’s the one. In most cases, the younger women, that is those less than 25 are not ready to settle down and so if you are looking for a long term-commitment you might be disappointed. However, it is not impossible to meet women who do actually want to marry young. This is merely the culture, so if you are dating around in the university age group and you are expecting something long-term, make sure you talk about it and that you’re both on the same page. However, once girls get to their late twenties, they are usually ready to settle down.
Also, you as an individual know what qualities you require from the woman you want to settle down with. Therefore, you can do self-introspection to decide if the person you are dating is truly the one for you.
Marriage in Zimbabwe
Married life in Zimbabwe has evolved over the years to resemble that of most western societies. As opposed to the past where women were only expected to be baby-making machines and take care of their husbands with no regard for themselves, modern marriages are comprised of career women who are still able to be homemakers. Some women, however have no qualms with being housewives as long as they are well taken care of by their husbands. The family also plays an important role in marriage. In as much as a couple moves away, they are still expected to be part of each other’s families.
One important aspect of marriage, legally speaking, is that all marriages are in the community of property by default. This means that everything you have is shared equally amongst both spouses regardless of whose money was used to acquire it. If you are coming from another country and wish to safeguard your assets, consider this beforehand.
Zimbabwean weddings are generally a two-part process. First and most important is the cultural part and the christian wedding. In as much as other traditional beliefs the tradition of cultural marriages which consist of paying the bride price commonly known as lobola/roora is still going very strong.
You cannot marry a black Zimbabwean without paying this money and cows which are considered as a token of appreciation for the bride’s family. Once you ae traditionally married, you can then proceed to plan either have a church wedding or a court wedding, although some people just stick to the traditional marriage which is also recognized by the law.
The celebration of the white wedding is a lavish and rather expensive gathering with as many as 300 guests. This is due to the fact that the families are large and extended family will also expect an invite. Not inviting some family members tends to be seen as a sign of disrespect and could actually lead to long term grudges. The festivities include large amounts of food and drinks as well as dancing. Alcohol is there depending on the religious beliefs of the families.
When it comes to a marriage or long-term relationship, most Zimbabweans will agree that faithfulness and family orientation is paramount. There is a great tradition of the family being the core of society, with the government even encouraging the nuclear family as a model to follow. Extended family members are also quick to adopt spouses into the tribe. Couples need to try and build as well as maintain relationships with each other’s families before marriage so as to avoid conflict.
Most couples start to have babies as soon as they get married as it is actually a cultural expectation that by the end of the first year there should be a baby. If you delay starting having children they begin to suspect infertility issues, which are mostly blamed on the woman. However, some couples have begun to shun this way of thinking and prefer to enjoy their marriage before they start having children.
Forms the western part of the country with Bulawayo, the second largest city, the stunning Victoria Falls and Hawange National Park.
|Lake Kariba and the Lower Zambezi |
Located at the eastern end of Lake Kariba is a popular vacation area for Zimbabweans. Many national parks, such as Mana Pools National Park, are situated on the shores of the Zambezi River and provide good opportunities for game viewing.
Includes the capital city, Harare, and surrounding areas, including the northern part of the Midlands Province.
|Eastern Highlands |
The mountainous area of the country tucked up along the eastern border where the countries peak, Moutn Inyangani is located. The main city is Mutare.
|Southeastern Zimbabwe |
A mixed area with the southern part of the midlands in the north and the Lowveld in the south. Nature is more of the attraction here, with many national parks and the Great Zimbabwe ruins.
Zimbabwe has 3 large cities and several smaller ones.
- Harare — The capital and the largest city in Zimbabwe, Harare is a vibrant city in larger metropolitan province.
- Bulawayo — The second largest city, both by population and economic activity.
- Victoria Falls - Zimbabwe's premier holiday resort, co-host to the 2013 UNWTO General Assembly.
- Gweru - the capital of the the Midlands Province.
- Mutare - The major city closest to the scenic Eastern Highlands
- Masvingo — Named (meaning "ruins") after the nearby Great Zimbabwe National Monument.
- Kariba — A lakeshore holiday resort on border with Zambia.