Wellington dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date New Zealand women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot New Zealand girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Wellington, New Zealand.
Girls in Wellington:
- Looks of girls: 3.5/ 5
- Attitude of girls: 5/ 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4 / 5
Dating in Wellington:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4/ 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in Wellington:
- Women's sexual activity: 5 / 5
- One-night stands: 4 / 5
More about Wellington:
- Nightlife in general: 3.5/ 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $100
- Accommodation: US$50 - $80
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Dating kiwi girls is great fun; the local girls are some of the nicest girls in the world. They are simple, unpretentious and just down right fun to be around. The kiwi girls are fiercely independent and can do pretty much anything a man can do, that’s just the New Zealand way.
Wellington is a special place on the island nation, not only is it the capital city it is also the most cultural city in the country. If you’re dating a girl from wellington you can expect to be heading to quite a few art galleries and that sort of thing.
The girls are very friendly and quite flirty so there is every chance that could find yourself a date without too much effort, you just need to be yourself and have confidence in who you are. By all means have a crack, the worst that can happen is you get shot down but it’s a guarantee shell be nice about it and you’ll probably end up as mates anyway.
Dating culture in New Zealand is very different from other parts of the world. The laid back and relaxed nature of the people often means that girls and guys might see multiple people at the same time, after all kiwi women have been rated the most promiscuous in the world.
It takes a while for the girls to develop any sort of romantic feelings as they tend to enjoy just having fun with as many people as they can. Your first few dates will often be with groups of friends, once you get a little more serious and you cut ties with other people you might be “seeing” then there is a more traditional sense of dating where you go out just the two of you and spend some time together getting to know each other better.
Once you secure relationship status you can expect unwavering loyalty from the kiwi girls, while they like to have fun they are also really good people and they have great values.
The city of wellington has a wide variety of women. As we’ve seen the women of New Zealand are unique in the way they go about things and thus require a few special tricks when it comes to picking them up. In the following section we take a closer look at the different women you can expect to encounter in the city.
New Zealand Girls (age 18 - 29)
The youngest group of the dating pool, the student group (18-23) is also the most fun group. The capital city has a vibrant student scene. The single students are super friendly and will always be up for a good time. They are easy to talk to and have no judgement as long as you just be yourself and scoring a date with them can be easy as buying a couple of drinks.
The second part to the youngest part of the dating pool is the young professional group (24-29) these girls are usually harder to pick up than any other women but this is where the laid back nature of the kiwis shines through, most of them have recently graduated from uni and are trying to get their careers off the ground and while they do have a slightly more specific taste in men than the students they can still be lots of fun. Success does speak to them though so if you are in any way shape or form a big player in the corporate world they will be putty in your hands.
New Zealand Women (age 30 - 45)
Without doubt this is the most tricky group of women to date. So many different things are happening in the lives of these women and almost everything about them is complicated. In their early thirties women are looking to settle down, start a family and find true love so if you aren’t looking for marriage at this point it might be a good idea to steer clear of them.
Yes it can be tough but there is still some fun to be had with them. Most divorces take place in the early forties and this does provide the single gentleman with some newly single ladies feeling like they have missed out on certain portions of life. A lot of them will look to head out on the town at the weekend and have some fun, at this point some of them look for purely physical relationships, if that’s what you’re up of then have at it.
New Zealand Ladies (age 45+)
Almost every young man has fanaticized about being with a hot older woman at some point in their lives. There is just something about the financially independent, established professional and not to forget sexy older woman that gets the guys weak in the knees, and in wellington it is no different. There might not be as many single mature women in the city as there are in other parts of the world but there are enough to give a chance if older ladies are your thing.
Most of the time these relationships are exclusively physical as these women feel they don’t need a partner but simply a sexual outlet and that’s where you come in. what’s nice about these ladies is that are confident enough in themselves to approach you, they go after what they want. Do be careful however as they can be very direct and won’t always consider any feelings you may develop.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
There are plenty of foreign nationals living in the city of wellington, NZ itself is a big destination for migrants as it is such an attractive country to live in and at the forefront of that is wellington. Girls from around the world can be found moving to wellington either for work or studies. The biggest contributing nations include England, USA, South Africa and china.
Each of these international women has their own set of unique qualities which make them attractive. The brits can be described as slightly reserved but they just need some time to get to know you then they are some of the most fun to be with, the south African girls are as friendly if not more so than the locals and are always up for fun. The American girls are drop dead gorgeous but can sometimes be a little stuck up and require a bit of hard graft but at the end of the day there is something for everyone looking for something more exotic in the city.
New Zealand is famous for a few things, rugby, sheep, marine life and promiscuous women. The ladies on the pacific nation love to get busy and they are accepted for it. As one of the most progressive countries in the world women are encouraged to express themselves and their feelings. And the feeling is that kiwi women enjoy sex. It is in fact the only country in the world where women on average have more sexual partners than the men.
Sex in NZ is not nearly the taboo subject that it is in other countries, it is seen as a natural activity enjoyed by both men and women. The locals enjoy more sex than 90% of the rest of the world. With their liberal view in relationships women will often see multiple partners and will also sleep with these guys as well, usually this would be seen wrong but if there are no commitments between two specific people all is well.
In wellington your chance of a one night stand is very high! Over 60% of New Zealanders have admitted to having sex with someone they met that same day. As the world moves forward it not as uncommon as it once was to sleep with someone you’ve just met, whether it’s as a result of one too many drinks at the bar or just a spontaneous physical attraction you can’t shake these things happen.
The emergence of internet dating sites and apps has led to more and more of these casual sexual interactions, it’s a lot easier to meet people who are only interested in getting in between the sheets when you’re on an app specifically designed for it. Tinder, Badoo, eHarmony and plenty of fish are some of the most popular in the city. If you’re going to get freaky with someone you just met please be safe!
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Wellington, the capital city of New Zealand is a beautiful city with lots of great places to meet single women. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a classy sophisticated businesswomen or a toned, fit beautiful athlete wellington has a location for you to meet her. Below we look at the best places to hang out and run your game from bars and clubs to malls and universities.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Wellington is a very social city and one of the most popular ways to socialize is over a drink. Most relationships start when boy meets girl while she’s out drinking with her mates. If after one or two drinks you turn into cassanova then one of these bars and pubs will the best place to meet girls
• Meow – this groovy spot embodies the artsy and alternative vibe that wellington has become known for over the years. Mid-century retro furniture adds to the vibe while the bar serves the best in wine, beer and spirits. Located on Edwards Street this contemporary spot also has regular live music.
• The Malthouse – at the Malthouse beer is king. This down to earth spot is what every beer lover has ever dreamed of, the bar is lined with taps serving some of the best local craft beer while the fridges are lined with over 80 of the best brews from around the world.
• The Library – as much a dessert bar as a cocktail bar the library is one of the hottest contemporary spots in the city. Enjoy a casual and relaxing drink with some mates after work or gear up for a big night on the town. The bar gets its name from the extensive bookshelf that stretches the width of the bar, and yes you can pick out a book to read while having a masterfully crafted cocktail.
• Hawthorn Lounge – if you had to describe the Hawthorn in one word that word would be tradition. With its 1930s cocktail bar feel it is one of the best places to kick start a classy night out. Dark wood and plenty of leather make up the décor while you can expect an extensive list of cocktails and spirits at the bar.
• Foxglove Bar & Kitchen – foxglove is one of the classiest establishments in the city, and while it is a little pricier than some of the other bars in town you almost don’t mind paying that little bit extra for the experience. Serving some of the finest wines and rarest whiskeys the country has to offer the bar also delivers some great cocktails that showcase the finest ingredients that NZ has to offer.
• C.G.R. Merchant & Co. – the coffee, gin and rum company (that’s what the CGR stands for) is another one of those eccentric yet calming wellington spots that just oozes class. Form the minute you enter you just feel at ease. The bar creates their own rum and gin infusions based on the ingredients they can get their hands on at any given time of the year.
• Havana Bar – a little slice of South America in the heart of wellington. If you’re looking for wine, beers, cocktails or fantastic tapas Havana has them all! The place is guaranteed to make you smile, the upbeat vibe that come from the sheer amount of rum on the menu and the great music that is played can be enjoyed all week long with live acts performing 3 nights a week.
Wellington is a great place to grab a social drink, the vibes of some of these bars attract the finest talent that wellington has to offer. Even if drinking isn’t your thing it might just be a good idea to check out these and many more!
As we’ve seen wellington is a place that caters to those who like to enjoy the city after dark, if bars and pubs aren’t quite your vibe and you feel like you need to show off some moves to get the ladies lining up the check out some of wellingtons best nightclubs as listed below.
• Red Square – if you’re looking to dance the night away then Red square is definitely the place to head to. The elegant club has a classy décor with decadent lighting. If you need to catch a breath just head over to the ice topped bar and order a signature cocktail. A local tradition is to leave your palm print in the icy bar top.
• S&M’s – Scotty and Mals is the definition of having the best of both worlds. The upstairs cocktail lounge is a great way to prepare for the bustling downstairs club venue. Fridays and Saturdays the downstairs section transforms into one of the hottest nightlife spots in the whole country and you can party till late as S&Ms only closes at 3am.
• The Establishment – one of the most popular clubs in the city, the Establishment is known for its eclectic event schedule. What makes it such a popular venue is the diversity that it offers; inside you can find a tequila bar, main bar and restaurant and lounge. Also it is one of the very places in the city that is open till 4 am. Each separate section of the club also has its own sound system.
• Good Luck Bar – this late night venue is surrounded in mystery, rumor has it that the club was once a Chinese opium den and the décor of the modern establishment doesn’t do anything to defuse these rumors. With all the talk of ancient drug dens aside the place is well known for its great bar and dynamic dance floor that keeps clubbers coming back week in and week out.
• Minibar – a constantly busy night club that you could probably refer to as your “standard” club. A bar that has great drink specials, banging music and a closing time of 4am make this place a guaranteed good night out no matter when you go there. Minibar always delivers.
• San Fran – San Fran delivers some of the best local live music acts to the people, from top djs to rock n roll and everything in between san Fran always has something special to offer to those looking for a good time. A standard night at san Fran has some of the best chart topping tunes to get loose to.
The nightclub scene in wellington tends to cater to the alternative scene but also has some of the best in electronic and techno nights for those who are into a more commercial vibe. Be sure to check out these and some of the other hidden gems in and around the city to find the hotties.
Shopping malls are a fantastic place to meet single women, the social aspect that the coffee shops, cafes, restaurants and cinemas offer mean that there are plenty of people out and about come the weekends. If you are comfortable chatting up a girl in the this environment then check out some of these malls in wellington
Old bank arcade – the building itself is one of the oldest landmarks in the city; in 2001 it celebrated its 100th year in existence. Today it is one of the busiest shopping outlets in wellington. With loads or retail stores in the building and the famous bank of New Zealand the arcade draws thousands of people each week.
Lambton Square and Eatery – shop everything at Lambton including fashion, health, beauty and groceries. The modern shopping hub is filled with restaurants and cafes that many frequent over the weekend. Lambton is the perfect place for a social cup of coffee or a light meal.
North city shopping center – one of the bigger shopping centers in the city, NC has just about all you need from the modern day shopping mall, you can get everything from groceries to high end fashion in the center. There are also plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and a cinema in the center to entertain the masses.
Queensgate shopping center – one of the biggest and most modern shopping centers in the city. Queensgate offers a very complete shopping experience with all the retail outlets and the social coffee stores and resturants. It’s an all in one shopping experience.
Coastlands shopping center – this center is another large commercial shopping mall that is anchored by retail giant pak n save. The large complex has its share of retail outlets and is complete with its own food court. Definitely a one stop shopping experience.
Wellington might not be the biggest commercial shopping city in the world but there enough large shopping centers in the city to provide the single young gentleman with ample opportunity to meet loads of single young ladies.
NZ is a beautiful country and has many great outdoor attractions. Wellington being the cultural hub of the country has that little bit extra that other cities cannot provide. If getting out into the fresh air and surrounds is for you then check out these hotspots.
• Wellington Cable car – for years the cable car has provided travelers with amazing panoramic views on the short journey from Lambton Quay to Kelburn. Along with seeing some of the most iconic sights in the city the cultural side of wellington comes through in the murals that can be found at the station.
• ZEALANDIA ecosanctuary- named by time magazine as one of the top 100 places on the planet to visit it is a proud national landmark in the city. The park is filled with a variety of the best wildlife that NZ has to offer. This is one of the best birdwatching spots in the southern hemisphere.
• Mount Victoria – enjoy getting the lay of the land in wellington from the top of the most famous peak in the city. The peak is 196m above sea level. You can drive to the top of the mountain or take one of the many walking trails and take in the panoramic views of the city, harbor and surrounding hills.
• Wellington waterfront – with the costal location of the city of wellington it should come as no surprise that locals and tourists are wanting to spend as much time at the waterfront as possible. The spacious footpath stretches from the Railway Station around to Oriental Bay and further, it's a perfect trail for walking, jogging or cycling.
• Wellington Zoo – the best place to mix it up with wildlife in the city, this modern animal sanctuary dedicates itself to conserving animal life. Otters, chimps and an assortment of birds populate the well looked after zoo that treats its customers to one of the best close up animal experiences in the city.
• Harbourside market – the most popular outdoor socializing spot in the city, wander around the market discovering what local craftsmen and women have to offer. Grab a delightful meal or cup of coffee and interact with some of the most interesting people on the island.
Wellington has so much to offer the outdoor enthusiast, the bright and vibrant city makes getting outside and taking in the city so easy. The local and visiting girls are most likely to spend their days outside so this is a good strategy to employ.
Universities and Colleges
There is a healthy student population in the city and it is well documented that the students are the most fun to hang out with and also the easiest of the women to approach, check out some of the schools listed below to pick up some of the smartest cute girls in the city.
• Victoria University of Wellington – at 115 years old the VUW is one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in the country. The school is spread through 3 campuses across the capital city. The university has a deep arts and culture history and thus provides some of the best courses around these topics, life in the city is also great for the students; the coastal city is inexpensive and has many great things to offer the student looking to prevent boredom.
• Massey University wellington – it is the creative campus of the Massey university. In accordance to the creative nature of the city students from around the country come here to explore their creativity. The campus and its staff provide the perfect opportunity for students to make the most out of their ideas.
• University of Otago wellington – UOW is the wellington campus of the South Island University. The school specializes in health sciences and teaching. Preparing the next generation of new Zealanders to perform these key jobs in two very important industries. The UOW has produced some of the best medical professionals in the country.
• New Zealand Drama school – wellington is known as the cultural capital of the country to go with the status of the state capital, so it comes as no surprise that the drama school of new Zealand is found in wellington. The premier school for performing artists in the country, the New Zealand drama school provides students from all over the island with an opportunity to further their careers in the arts.
Wellington might not have the most schools compared to other major cities in the world, but there are enough students in the city to allow the single guys to pick up and chat to on any given evening. Keep a lookout for student bars and clubs as they often have the cheapest drinks and the biggest parties.
As we’ve seen the women of wellington are interesting and unique. Therefore getting into a relationship here is not the norm as considered by the rest of the world. They are very casual and things won’t be super serious right off the bat but there will be a feeling out process and getting to know each other phase.
Most relationships start through being introduced by mutual friends, if you have an active social life your love life is bound to be booming as well, most couples meet while being out with friends.
The development of internet dating has also made it a lot easier to find yourself in a relationship, the fast paced lifestyle we live doesn’t always allow us the time to go on a lot of dates to get to know girls but instant messaging allows us to get to know people on the go.
Wellington is a great place for a holiday romance. The local ladies are without doubt the best to have a short term fling with. They are fun, independent and outgoing. Wellington has so much to offer as well in terms of activity and adventure on offer. Dating a local will also provide you with an opportunity to see the city in a different light, in a way that many tourists would never know.
There are also a number of other tourists passing through the city each year; the alternative art scene draws many from around NZ and the surrounding pacific islands. These island nations are uber creative and thus many of the aspiring artists travel here to experience the city. The advantage of these tourists is that the artsy girls are very free spirited and will often be willing to engage in a fleeting holiday romance.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Build Trust – trust is the bedrock of any relationship. With the amount of time we spend apart in the modern world it is important to build a level of trust between the two of you. The more you can trust your partner the better your relationship will go.
Be A Good Listener – listening to your partner and communicating well will ensure that your relationship stays strong and conflict free. If you keep things in or don’t want to listen to what the other has to say you are going to fight on a regular basis. All potential tension can be dissolved with a simple bit of communication.
Engage In A Hobby Or Activity Together – if you can spend quality time together doing something you both love your bond will be strengthened immeasurably. Sometimes doing things together can put you in an uncomfortable situation and you can see what you are like in trying times and this will give a good indication of how you can overcome conflict.
Maintaining Financial Peace – wellington can be pricy to live in, and money stress has taken apart many a relationship. The key to eliminating arguments and unnecessary spending is coming together to draw up a budget that the both of you are comfortable with.
Support – as the world moves forward the perceived role of the women in society is changing, the modern woman needs support however. You need to be the one who offers that support to her otherwise she could be out looking for that support outside of the relationship.
Allow space – human beings need some time to themselves every now and then. Before you got into a relationship you spent plenty of time with your family and friends doing things other than being with each other and it is important to maintain those relationships and habits.
Falling in love in wellington is not difficult; the city is filled with culture and romance. If you find the right girl it also becomes that much easier. While the ladies of NZ have a reputation for being the most promiscuous women in the world they are also incredibly loyal once they develop feelings for you. Their nature allows them to love deeply and passionately.
The best chance to find love is one of the local girls because of their personalities. Falling in love here really is not that bad at all.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Once you find a girl you feel really strongly about you can start to form ideas in your head about spending the rest of your life with them. Some people jump right in and look to make things permanent while others can be hesitant, below we list a few tips to know if the girl you are with is meant for you.
• Planning a future- if you find yourself setting out plans for the future in terms of houses and careers then it’s always a good sign that you are in a serious relationship that could have a future. No man is going to think about a future with a girl he is having a fling with.
• You still find her attractive- if in a crowded room and after a period of time you still find your partner the most attractive one then we are in a good space. • You would rather hang with her than anyone else- if spending time with your girl excites you more than going out on a big night on the town with the boys then you might have found the one for you.
• You want the same things out of life- if you can sit and set out goals and they are quite similar to one another then it is a massive indication that you aren’t wasting your time with dating her and it might be time to take the next step.
• You trust her- trusting someone completely is a great way to know that your relationship is destined to succeed. If you find yourself keeping secrets from her then it might be time to consider other options in the dating pool.
• She gets along with your friends and family- we all have friends and family that we might want to hide away from the outside world because of how they can be but if you have a girl that can get along with all the weird cousins and strange best friends lock that down.
Modern day life doesn’t always call for couples to get married in order to make their relationships official. Today couples will live together or even have children outside of wedlock. In NZ if a couple lives together for a long enough period of time they are considered legally bound and this is the way many couples choose to live.
There are still lots of people who choose to get legally married as for them that is always the end goal of any relationship. Wellington is such a good place to start a family as well.
Weddings in wellington combine the good from both traditional and western culture in NZ. The modern day wedding takes snippets from the traditional European wedding with the long white bridal gown, church venue, wedding cake and bride and grooms families occupying opposite sides of the church.
In cases where couples choose to have a traditional Maori wedding there will still be a religious ceremony but some of the key differences will be that a village elder will conduct the ceremony and there will always be some Maori music that lets everyone know what is going to happen.
More often than not couples will choose to combine the two into one big happy ceremony.
The NZ people cherish family more than anything else. Marrying into a family here will mean that you instantly become a part of the family and will be treated that way. Any spare time you have at weekends will be spent at barbeques or pubs watching the big game!