San Francisco dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Californian women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Californian girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in San Francisco, California, United States of America.
Girls in San Francisco:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.6 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in San Francisco:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.8 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.7 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.6 / 5
Sex in San Francisco:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.9 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.7 / 5
More about San Francisco:
- Nightlife in general: 3.8 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$200 - $2000
- Accommodation: US$150 - $1,500
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
There are a lot of things unique about San Francisco girls. As a matter of fact, the local girls in San Francisco have a totally different vibe on their own. Being from the prestigious renowned state of California, the local girls in San Francisco exude some of the characteristics you'll find peculiar to Californian Girls but regardless, you'll find a couple of traits that are unique to them.
To start with, San Francisco girls are very liberal. The girls are not in any way close to being conservative and this is one of the things you will enjoy while dating the local girls in San Francisco. Due to their liberalness, you and your Californian sweetheart can "explore" as much as you want to and if she's really head over heels with you, you'll enjoy an additional spontaneity.
San Francisco has the reputation of being the most liberal city in the United States of America and this clearly explains it all. However, the local girls in the city are beer snobs. With the city being home to dozens of craft beer bars and about 19 breweries, you do not need to be further convinced about this. But, mind you, the girls could be terrible dressers.
You'll find the girls on yoga pants almost all the time and they'll probably tell you that they feel more comfortable in it. But that's not all, with a lightweight jacket (fog) and practical shoes (hills) on most of the time, you'll have to cope with the probability of your San Francisco being a terrible dresser. More so, you can "creep" into the heart of a San Francisco girl with a nice brunch. The local girls in San Francisco love to brunch that they wouldn't even mind staying in a long queue for about two hours just to get some eggs.
Nevertheless, you're likely to meet and date bisexuals in this city. San Francisco is known for its great population and welcomeness to LGBT so, you might be lucky to find a bisexual, transgender, or whatever kind of partner you want to get freaky with.
A large number of girls in San Francisco are a great fan of biking. And, the chances are high that the girl you'll be dating will have a bike of her own but, what a shame would it be if you don't even know how to bike so as to enjoy biking regularly together. Well, you can always learn anyways. San Franciscans can be a little bit crazy (everyone knows this) but one thing they could be more obsessed about is technology. Yes, great tech. And, this is where the high maintenance of dating a girl from San Francisco could sneak in.
Due to the fact that most of the girls in the city love nice technology, getting them something fancy and impressive (technology-wise) can increase your chances and beef up the love between you two. Virtually all the girls are using iPhone so, you should know that being up-to-date with the latest technology is not a playful deal here in SF.
Even though San Francisco is a total foodie town; having the most eateries per capita in the country, most of the local girls in the city do not actually love fast food. And, this is where your culinary dexterity can be an advantage. Don't forget, the girls are liberal. But of course, you can still go out to eat something nice occasionally.
San Francisco girls are really flaky. They could change on you any moment and their unreliability is one of their downsides. They could even bail on you at the last minute and they would find it unpleasant if you get mad. You'll need a lot of patience bro, but you'll definitely be fine.
Asides that, the local San Francisco girls could be quite snobby and they actually love the way they are that way. But overall, San Francisco girls are smart and they're very laid-back and lovely. So, the stress could be worth it in the long run.
Dating in San Francisco can be overwhelming and expensive. But, it could actually be fun. Most of the singles you'll come across in the city are either temporarily or momentarily based in the city for finance or technology purposes. The cost of living in the city is fast-rising but the availability of jobs provided by the industries helps in improving the city's affordability.
As a result of the great deal of wealth, most girls would expect you to spend a pretty penny on the food and drinks during your date. But as a tourist, you won't have to worry too much about this because most girls would understand that you're not a resident in the Bay Area. Whereas, there is a great collection of fun activities to do in case you desire to get out there and have some fun with your newly met lady.
With the girls' liberalness, some local San Francisco girls wouldn't mind to subscribe to casual dating especially when they're getting something nice in return. However, getting to approach a girl on the street in San Francisco may not be easy due to the snobby attitude of the girls but once you're able to get their attention one way or the other and everything begins to run smoothly, you can assured that you're in the right hands.
Nevertheless, you must know that dating in San Francisco is totally different from any other parts of the country and here are some things you should know beforehand:
- Most of the communication between you two (if not all communication) will happen over text.
- The girl you just had a date with may ask for your Instagram and twitter handle and follow your immediately - and, this doesn't in any way serve as a guarantee that you will definitely see again soon.
- Proper dating etiquette is not a thing in SF; it doesn't exist any longer.
- Everyone’s looking for the next best thing so you'd better be that best.
- Everyone flakes - In San Francisco, “maybe” means “no” and “yes” and a girl who replies maybe to your date proposal may only show up because her cable and Internet went out or probably because she has no better offers.
- To avoid being emotionally ripped out, it's advisable not to get attached to anyone you date in San Francisco because the person you’re dating may be moving anytime soon.
- No one dresses up - As a guy will show up for a date in a hoodie, even so, a woman will show up in her completely acceptable leggings, flats, and a messy bun.
- Men paying the bill for the date is almost out-of-date in San Francisco but since chivalry is far from here, you could be nice anyways.
- Grocery stores are popular spots guys hit up to pick up women and not food.
Regardless of whatever you may experience or encounter, make sure you do not give up but you can relax. As a single guy in San Francisco, there is plenty of opportunities to be happy and find love in this city but you shouldn't be afraid to take yourself out, make new friends, go into relationships, and be yourself.
Dating women in San Francisco may not be quite easy.The women in the city exhibit most of the peculiar attributes of the local girls in the city. But, as individuals that are more mature, they tend to be quite more lovely, even though they have their own "sweet craziness" too. However, they have a handful of lovable personalities and one of them is their knack for being outdoors.
The women are fun-loving, they love to explore some of the city's fine spots and they adore going on adventurous dates. They can do a sidewalk food tour, play mini-golf, shoot bows and arrows, or even choose to end up with you at a super-cool bar where you can catch a great time together and if you're fascinating enough, the date could end up with her being wrapped all over you all night long.
The women in San Francisco are not really materialistic because most of them have a good job that pays well and you won't actually have to break your pocket if you want to enjoy dating them. All you'll probably have to do is to effectively utilize all the awesome date spots in the city, even though they may not be your typical date spots.
With many date options like riding throughout the city via a Midnight Mystery bike ride, checking out Nightlife at The Academy of Sciences, or showing off your moves at a roller disco, it would be nice if you could just ditch the dinner and a movie, get creative, and, you won't even spend much but if the bills become a problem, trust me, she'll clear them herself. This is San Francisco.
San Francisco women are very intelligent, educated, and smart. And, you'll meet a lot of them signed up on online dating websites not primarily because they're looking for who to have sex with but, it's simply because they love to have more options. A large number of women in San Francisco are tech-savvy and the chances are high that you'll date a nerd. This woman may even make more money in a month than you do all year so, in a clear summary, there are lots of rich women in San Francisco.
The fact that you're going out with a woman in San Francisco today doesn't mean you'll get to see or meet her again. First, she may not call you again, and second, she might have only accepted your date because she just wanted to be out. Most of the women do have their standards and this is why if you're going out to grab a drink with a lovely San Francisco woman or plan to eat out at a fine restaurant, make a very good impression and keep your skin thick.
Even though the women may be lovely, dating in San Francisco is not for the weak-minded. Speaking of the looks of the women, the city is quite diverse and there are more Whites and Asians and a fewer number of African Americans and Hispanics.
Californian Girls (age 18 - 29)
These girls are rife everywhere in the city. While a large number of them could be materialistic, seeking to hook up with guys that could get them the latest things in town, others may be more concerned about your looks, body shapes, and the likes. You don't need to go too far before you'll meet these girls. From the shopping malls to the campus areas and restaurants to nightclubs, you'll find them chilling and probably hanging out with their friends.
Californian Women (age 30 - 45)
Most of the women in this age range are usually rich. Guys who want to hook up with these women must be sophisticated, elegant, and smart. Showing off how much you can spend is not actually the way to impress these ladies but by being enticingly smart, charming, and spontaneous! You can meet them during the day at lunch/break hour at the coffee shop and when it's dark, you can slide into a cool bar to buy them a drink.
Californian Ladies (age 45+)
Often very tech-savvy, you'll meet a lot of these ladies signed up on Tinder. And the funniest part is, they did not actually sign up to get sex but just to meet new people since they're single and ready to mingle. So, if you're looking forward to meeting and hooking up with a large number of these women effortlessly, you know where to go already. Understanding that the grocery stores are target hotspots where guys come to pick up women in the city, these women are also lurking around here. And, because they love to remain flawless and look like a sweet sixteen, you'll meet them working out at the gym.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
San Francisco is inarguably a popular tourist destination and due to its many industries, you'll find a great number of foreign girls who came to look for job opportunities in the city. Nevertheless, these girls are not often difficult to get down with once they find you irresistibly charming because they know they wouldn't be in the city forever. And, they would love to have a good time too, like others. While they're not usually demanding, their passion for frequent dates and get-togethers may consume you.
Getting laid in San Francisco is quite easy because the girls are liberal. If you love laid-back Asian women, you'll really love it here because San Francisco's got a lot of them. San Francisco is one of the most expensive cities in the United States of America and it is richly filled with a lot of well-paid and highly intelligent young professional women. To enjoy having sex with San Francisco girls, you need to get accommodation and this could be relatively expensive. Apart from the local women you'll meet, you'll also have your chances with the tourists and foreign girls that just moved in.
However, the local women are quite infected with feminism and liberalness but, they're well-traveled and open-minded. The girls can be flaky, always go for the kill and, don't just get satisfied with their number. San Francisco girls love to take things casual which is good for your sex goal.
It is important that you always have a condom with you because most of the girls will be willing to have sex with you without a condom. So, get right on it and don't slack while you look for girls in San Francisco to have sex with on your preferred choice of online dating sites, dating spots, bars, and nightclubs.
San Francisco girls are liberal and, one-night stands and casual sex is socially accepted and common in this city. It's a normal thing to pick up a girl from a nightclub and take her to your apartment, one night stands are actually not seen to be a taboo in this city. To include, San Francisco has long had an LGBT-friendly history and it still remains to be LGBT-friendly. So, enjoy yourself to the brim and bask in all the city's kinky options from the nude beaches to the swinger clubs, and many others!
One night stands might not be extremely common in San Francisco but they are definitely not rare. One-night stands are definitely not hard to come by in San Francisco if you know the tips and tricks and, here are the common three spots where you can hook up casually and then heat it all up:
- The Club
- Dolores/Alamo Park
- The Library
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
With the plethora of young, single girls roaming the city, meeting beautiful single girls in San Francisco cannot be that difficult. A lot of people tend to be bothered about the possibility of getting to meet single females in SF because of the city's ratio of women to men.
Nevertheless, you'll always find a plethora of ladies in the city, all you just need to do is to look in the right direction. It's not actually difficult to meet single girls in San Francisco but another thing that could be more challenging is getting to meet girls that would be delighted to meet you. And as a result of this, the conditions for successfully meeting single women in San Francisco can appear to be somewhat challenging.
Thus, there are two poor ways of meeting women in San Francisco:
- Bars and clubs: This may definitely be surprising but, due to the nature of the city, going to the bar or club just to meet single women may end up unfulfilling because there is a lot of competition. however, this does not mean that this is not the easiest way to score if you are good looking and have enough money to buy them a couple of drinks.
Don't waste too much time on dating apps: While dating apps could hold great potential of connecting you with the love of your life in San Francisco, it's not advisable to spend too much time on them. San Francisco girls are tech-savvy, fine but, your success in meeting single girls in San Francisco via dating apps may not be too laudable.
- UC Berkeley Campus: If you desire to meet a lot of pretty college girls in San Francisco, this is a very good place for you. Even though it's a bit outside of town, you'll meet a lot of college girls hanging out at the cafes or parks around this area. If you can take a stroll around this area, just say hi to any of the girls you come across and see how it's all going to turn out.
- Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s: These places are a Mecca for meeting anytime they have their doors open as they receive enormous crowd frequently. If you meet a lady here, you can ask any creative questions such as “Do you have a favorite wine?” or “What is your favorite cheese here?”. And from there, you can drift the conversation towards something more intimate and interesting.
- Yoga Classes: You won't have too much trouble getting to meet beautiful single women here. Your odds of meeting and getting hooked up with San Francisco women at these spots are high and women do have a soft spot in their hearts for guys here.
- Bookstores: With San Francisco being home to a great number of educated, smart career women, bookstores in the city enjoy continuous patronage and this is one of the reasons why they've become a great place to meet single women. Starting a conversation at the bookstore is really easy. You can just ask “Have you read this?” or “Is this author any good?” to open the conversation ground.
- On the Streets of San Francisco: There are lots of opportunities abounding in San Francisco to say hi to a pretty girl. In the waiting room, at the library, at Best Buy, the Farmer’s Market, the Marina Safeway, at Cafe Trieste, at dim sum, at church/temple, the dog park, at the Sports Basement, at Ocean Beach, after the movie, on the 38 Geary, walking into the store, or in the elevator, you can meet beautiful single San Francisco anywhere, all you just have to do is to step out. During the week when the sun is up, you can check out the Westfield or Union Square area. And during the weekend, you can pick up hot chicks at the Marina Green/Fort Mason. On Sundays, you can check out Dolores Park if you want a wider choice of girls because the traffic during this day is intense.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Sometimes, San Francisco is referred to as the “The City That Knows How” and when it comes to partying, the city does know how. Stretching over multiple neighborhoods is the nightclub scene in San Francisco and it includes dance massive dance ragers, alien-themed party scenes, and underground clubs.
- Public Works: If fun is what you want, come get it here at this nightclub in the Mission District. There are events at this underground club ranging from yoga night to disco and punk. It cultivates a raw atmosphere due to its industrial-style interior and the crowd here is eclectic.
- Make-Out Room, San Francisco: It's one of the most famous nightlife spots in the city. From themed drag shows to reggae nights and with the dance DJ setting under the mirrored disco ball, come have some fun and enjoy some of the nightly events. This venue is a great place to meet new people and the dance floor is dimly lit.
- Lounge: Known for its out-there entertainment which includes electronic dance parties and costumed burlesque shows, this club has been functioning for three decades and it has outlasted most of the clubs in the city. It's a great spot for a night-out adventure and it has a late-night pizza parlor, seven bars, four dance floors, and massive two stages.
- Monarch: It's a club with two lounges and basement dance floor and it's situated very close to the Financial District at the edge of SoMa. It's a nice place to grab a stiff Prohibition-style cocktail, it's popular among the after-work crowd, and offer a good ambiance as it is draped in vintage decor.
- The EndUp: Ever since it opened in the mid-1970s, it has been a hotspot for a diverse array of people in San Francisco. It's a stylish venue in the SoMa district and most of the time, it stays open until 4 am against the regular 2 am closing time for clubs in the city. Every weekend, there are great DJs playing here and this club consists of an outdoor cabana, a patio food stand, a VIP lounge, and three bars.
- Double Dutch: This club does get rowdy and it's a common go-to spot for college-aged partiers. Known for its location at the 16th Street, it is reputed for blaring golden age hip-hop songs. Every night is ’80s night here and you can come here to meet new people, enjoy inexpensive drinks, and a sweaty dance floor.
- Monroe: This club is situated in North Beach, it's a nice place to be if you appreciate a lively yet romantic atmosphere, and it's an upscale place that features dim lighting and plush seating. This club attracts a crowd that floods in from the close-by Financial District and professional after-work crowd.
- Mr. Smith’s: A perfect description for this spot is an upscale cocktail bar-meets-underground dance club. It's situated in the busy Civic Center neighborhood of San Francisco over three levels in a building. Playing everything from 1980s hip-hop throwback songs to current Top 40s, the live DJ plays everything here on Friday and Saturday nights. Being an unpretentious nightclub for any kind of party, you can visit here to either shake the night away on the dance floor or kick back with a signature cocktail.
- Oasis: This club is situated in the SoMa district in a former bathhouse. Oasis hosts the best drag parties in the city since it was opened in the year 2015 by Heklina and D’Arcy Drollinger. It's home to great parties and outlandish comedy shows and it features private events and reserved seating options.
- Cat Club: This club is known for its DJs that have the dancers moving for hours, its relentless dance-the-night-away ragers, and it's a Folsom Street nightlife staple. The atmosphere here is judgment-free and the crowd here keeps coming through because of its nightly drink specials. If you desire to spend the night with a more colorful crowd of partiers and groove under colorful lights, come here.
Other nice bars and clubs in San Francisco are:
- Audio Discotech
- The Grand
- Madrone Art Bar
- Bar Central
- Black Cat
- Love + Propaganda
- Raven Bar
- Blue Light
- Mikkeller Bar
- Bar None
- Boom Boom Room
- Eastside West
- Comet Club
The highlight on any vacation is uncovering new styles and wandering new streets. And, in this interesting diverse city of San Francisco, this could be actually true. Being flagship locations of the most recognizable brands in the world and home to one-of-a-kind vintage stores, The City by the Bay offers its shoppers a great level of satisfactoriness.
There's a handful of shopping centers worth visiting in San Francisco and you'll find some of the best shopping centers peppered around the many unique neighborhoods in the city; Union Square especially.
- Westfield San Francisco Centre
- Stonestown Galleria
- Crocker Galleria
- Embarcadero Center
- Ferry Building
- North Point Chopping Center
- Ferry Building Marketplace
San Francisco is not isn't just an urban jungle because it's home to a copious amount of skyscrapers and high-rises. From the jaw-dropping views to trails for hikers of all skill sets and sandy beaches to lush gardens, San Francisco has a lot more to offer outdoors as it sits right next to the Pacific Ocean. Travelers of any age or fitness level can find various adventures and outdoor activities that suit them right within the city limits.
- Mission Dolores Park: The awesome view of the skyline is an added bonus for you and this place might be the perfect option for you if you're not a fan of sunbathing at the beach. There's something for everybody to enjoy here; you can challenge a friend or acquaintance to a match of tennis here or just take a simple leisurely stroll
- Baker Beach: If you want to catch the best view of the Golden Gate Bridge, come here. It's dog-friendly and serene but take caution if you desire to explore the northern area of the beach because you might see a lot of people without clothes unless you actually want to.
- San Francisco Botanical Garden: If you're a nature lover, here is one of the finest places in San Francisco to come enjoy a pleasing sight and aroma of nature. This San Francisco Botanical Garden houses a distinct variant of flowers and trees from magnolias to redwoods. Situated in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, this charming outdoor oasis is the dream of every garden lover.
- Japanese Tea Garden: You'll feel absolutely relaxed after you've visited this place. Situated within San Francisco's Golden Gate Park as well, this picturesque garden features traditional pagodas, koi fish, and a tea house. "Tranquil" is the best word to employ in describing this spot.
- Lands End: You can't leave without paying a visit here if you come to the City by the Bay and hiking is on your mind. Explorers will enjoy the creative labyrinth and find the oceanfront view stunningly attractive and pleasing.
Universities and Colleges
Although San Francisco's geographical space is limited, it still has a great number of universities and colleges that call it home.
Public colleges and universities in the city include:
- City College of San Francisco
- San Francisco State University
- University of California, Hastings College of the Law
- University of California, San Francisco
Private colleges and universities in San Francisco are:
- Academy of Art University
- Alliant International University
- Art Institute of California
- Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry
- California College of the Arts
- California Institute of Integral Studies
- DeVry University
- The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM)
- Golden Gate University
- Heald College
- Minerva Schools at KGI
- New College of California
- San Francisco Art Institute
- San Francisco Conservatory of Music
- San Francisco Law School
- San Francisco School of Digital Filmmaking
- Saybrook University
- University of San Francisco
- Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
The dating scene in San Francisco can be a frustrating nut to crack. Meeting single girls in this city can at times be an overwhelming process and even when you eventually get to find someone, another challenge is likely to show up again.
Going into a relationship with a girl in San Francisco might be emotionally stressful because most of the singles you'll meet are not really looking for a serious relationship and at any point, they could ditch you or leave the city to somewhere farther. And, your pocket could suffer a few crises too because there are some girls that would be expect you to spend a lot on your frequent dinner dates. And if you can't meet up to their expectations, it's another problem.
However, if you're going into a relationship with a girl in San Francisco, you need to be emotionally strong and have it at the back of your mind that forever is not promised. Take it one day at a time and you'll be fine.
San Francisco is a city full of all possibilities and yes, you can escape with your casual local girlfriend in San Francisco for a holiday romance; go for a getaway in any of the fine close-by cities, or explore some of the romantic spots in the city together. For a spot more serene in San Francisco, you two can visit any of:
- Twin Peaks
- The Presidio
- The Botanical Gardens
And if you desire to get sophisticated, you can consider any of these places:
- Asian Art Museum
- Legion of Honor
- Museum of Modern Art
- De Young Museum
Tips for Successful Relationship
Here are two vital tips for a successful relationship in San Francisco.
- Create time to be together and go on frequent dates: If your significant other is understanding, you won't have to burn your pocket over going on dates. And, you can be more creative. Do something beyond the usual dining. Go on adventurous trips or get sporty.
- Tell her you love her often: In a city like this where the girls are known to be flaky, one thing you wouldn't want to do is not to reassure your partner of your love for her. Tell her you love her often and, how you say it matters too. Look into her eyes deeply, get her attention, hold her hands, and tell her you love her often. Play together, have fun, relax, and keep getting better.
Even though San Francisco is filled with hundreds of bars and activities to do, young and ambitious people, looking for love could be quite herculean. There are two things you need to do if your goal is to find true love in San Francisco.
The first thing you need to do if you seek love in San Francisco is to stop meeting intoxicated people. If your mission is to find true love in San Francisco, you may need to limit going to drinking related gatherings, clubs, or bars to meet potential life partners. Don't get it wrong, you might possibly, of course, meet the one at a bar but, the chances that you'll get to go on a long term relationship are lower. This is because you will never be able to truly connect with a drunk person. It will always be casual etc.
The second thing you need to do is to stop being particular or specific about the type of girl you want. No-one is asking you not to have your standard but streamlining your only option to a busty, blonde woman is like blocking out potential partners that don’t exactly fit your criteria, which is not actually not ideal.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
You get to connect and regardless of whatever happens, you two just want to make things work and get back together - this is one of the ways to know she's truly the one.
Regardless of whatever you might have heard about San Francisco, this city is a city of love and here are a few reasons why you should get married and stay in the city:
- People in San Francisco are gorgeous.
- Romance is everywhere in the city.
- People in San Francisco are unique and they've got pride.
- San Francisco is accessible, whether you prefer to get in or around by plane, train, limo, bus, taxi, or ferry.
- San Francisco is a culinary capital and you can't go wrong when dining in the city.
- Your guests will find a lot of options of world-class accommodation to stay.
For you to get married in San Francisco, you'll have to obtain your Marriage License after having made an online reservation. The fee for a California marriage license is $104 and, you may choose to hold your marriage ceremony at the San Francisco City Hall.
Even though San Francisco is renowned to be expensive, getting married in this city is actually cheaper. And surprisingly, the city is really one of the nation's least expensive places to get married. Some of the nicest wedding venues where you can get married in San Francisco are:
- San Francisco City Hall
- Bently Reserve
- Swedenborgian Church
- The Legion of Honor
- Bluxome Street Winery
- California Academy of Sciences
- Presidio Log Cabin
- Cliff House
- Ferry Building
- Julia Morgan Ballroom
A lot of families are leaving San Francisco and this is essentially because of the notoriously high cost of living. Just as you'll find a few reasons why you should stay and raise your family in the city, there are a couple of reasons why you may want to think twice before considering moving to this city.
Some of the reasons why families are staying in San Francisco are:
- There's great access to nature.
- There are lots of places to play - the city is home to tons of manicured parks and playgrounds.
- Kids can get engaged and stimulated due to the city's cultural vibrancy and diversity.
- The climate is nice for little ones.
- The city is walkable and you can walk your children to school, a local commercial area, libraries, several playgrounds, and music lessons.
- San Francisco is an urban area and living in the greater Bay Area is quite intriguing.
Here are some of the cons/downsides of living in the city with your family:
- You cannot escape the high property tax.
- The public school lottery system is not encouraging and there's no guarantee for your children will get into your neighborhood's public school system despite paying $21,000 per year in property taxes annually.
- Private schools are expensive.
- The cost of living in the city is high in general.
- There's major congestion and growing filth.
- San Francisco is a great city for the rich.
To live a middle-class lifestyle today in San Francisco, you'll really need to make a minimum of $300,000 a year if you don't want to work forever, save for retirement, raise a child, and own a home.