Guide for dating in Queensland helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Queenslander women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Queenslander girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Queensland. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Queensland, Australia.
Girls in Queensland:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in Queensland:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.5/ 5
Sex in Queensland:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5/ 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Queensland:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $100
- Accommodation: US$30 - $50
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
When dating Australian girls there are a few very important things to take note of, the girls are absolutely gorgeous with their golden tans, long blonde hair and striking blue eyes (this is the typical Aussie look); they are rather independent and they absolutely love attention. If you can give an Australian girl enough attention and make her feel like she is the most important person in the room then she is all but yours.
The local girls are more adventurous than your average girl and they simply love being outdoors, having such a vast and beautiful country to explore helps in this respect and especially in Queensland there is just so much to do outdoors. So if you’re in the market for a beautiful, smart girl with a great personality then look no further than a nice local girl from Queensland.
There is no "set in stone" dating culture across the country of Australia; it is all very casual how people go about dating. Guys and girls will normally meet while hanging out with mutual friends. Clubs and bars are the most popular places where single people hang out in the hopes of meeting new people.
When people get together it won’t be the usual dating experience either, dates will look vastly different to what you can expect to see in the western world'. You would usually go out for dinner and a movie or something along those lines but in Queensland you can expect to head out to a pub together get a light meal and have a few drinks but you will almost certainly be surrounded by friends.
The Australian people are also getting into internet dating in a big way, there is a certain speed at which life is moving these days and this is why dating apps and sites are becoming so popular. Tinder, Badoo, eHarmony and elitesingles are some of the favourites in the area. These platforms allow people to get to know each other on the go and they can build some kind of relationship before actually meeting in person.
Dating in Queensland can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Queensland and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Queensland has some of the most beautiful women in the country. Along with the gorgeous local girls there is also a variety of women living in the state from around the world. In the below section we take a close look at them and how a single guy can go about getting himself a date.
Queenslander Girls (age 18 - 29)
This is the youngest group of the dating pool; they are also one of the most fun groups out there. As you can guess the amount of fun to be had is directly proportional to their age (18-23). The students are a carefree and light hearted bunch and in Queensland there are more than enough of them with universities in cities like Brisbane and the Gold Coast there are plenty of students to go around. Some expert tips for picking up students include buying them a drink…real hard work.
Along with the students in the youngest category there are also the young professionals (24-29). These are the ladies who have just graduated university and are looking to find their dream jobs and become major players in the world of business. You will mostly find these girls in the major cities like Brisbane. They can be tough to score with as their age makes them naturally difficult to approach; they look at for things like wealth and success.
Queenslander Women (age 30 - 45)
This can be quite a difficult age group to navigate for a single man. This is the age where in their early to mid-thirties many women are looking to settle down, get married and start a family and to be honest not many young single men are looking for either of these things so if it’s not for you it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
The early/ mid-forties is a lot more fun from a man’s perspective, most of the ladies in this age group are recently divorced and they are looking for some no strings attached fun. With these women it’s as if they are looking to make up for lost time, they hit bars and clubs like never before and are almost exclusively looking for younger men to spend time with.
Queenslander Ladies (age 45+)
There are lots of mature women to pick from in the state of Queensland. Although there is a relatively low divorce rate of 2 divorces per 1000 people there are still enough sexy older ladies around, their natural Australian personalities mean that they are super confident in themselves and they are up to have fun.
These ladies are so confident that they will often approach you which is opposite to the younger Aussie gals. Another thing that sets them apart from the girls is their experience…especially in the bedroom so if you manage to find an older woman to enjoy some time with make the most of it.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Queensland has a whole lot of variety in terms of foreign girls, the entire country of Australia has a very high rate of migration and Queensland is no different. The biggest contributors to the expat communities in Queensland are South Africa, USA, China and England.
All of these girls have different attributes that make them attractive, for example the local girls are considered quite friendly but the South African girls are even friendlier and easy going. The American girls are wild, if you’re looking for a real good time and one hell of a party then you should look for one of them. The British and Asian girls are a little more conservative but if you can get them to open up they too can be fun.
Depending on who you ask and in which city you ask them you’ll get slightly different answers with regards to the attitudes ladies have about sex. In the more modern cities like Brisbane and the Gold Coast there is a very relaxed attitude and you will find a lot more sexually active girls than in the more conservative traditional cities like Rockhampton and Toowoomba. So, target the bigger, more advanced cities, if you are looking to hookup and get laid. However, in Queensland as a whole, there is no stigma attached to sex and you can have any kind of a relationship that you and your partner agree on. As long as it's between two consenting adults, there is no problem.
There are varying views when it comes to sex in Queensland, in the big modern cities where people are forward thinking and open to pretty much anything the world throws at them. There is a very liberal view on sex, especially casual sex. Among the large student population there are a large amount of “hook-ups”. The stress of university and the time pressure that comes with it means that there isn’t always time for a serious relationship and we all have needs and in this case the students will often have a friend with benefits. The slightly older people also enjoy being sexually active, maybe not as much as the students but in this day and age it is accepted world-wide that sex is a very natural and pleasurable experience.
One night stands are a common occurrence in the state of Queensland, especially among the younger crowd. Guys and girls between the ages of 18 and 30 are more likely to have these casual encounters as, to their generation, there is nothing wrong with hopping into bed with someone and then not pursuing a relationship after the fact. There is often a mutual understanding that there was an itch that needed to be scratched. If you do find yourself in a situation where you might score a one night only gig make sure you use protection. Some of the best ways to find yourself a one-night stand is to visit the bars and clubs and to use the online dating platforms to your advantage. People go to bars and clubs to meet new people to hangout with and have fun. A lot of the girls there will be open to the idea of a one-night stand. Similarly, women on online dating platforms are also looking for some fun and no serious relationships.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
If you are going to be successful in the dating scene in QLD then you need to know where to pick up girls in an environment that would suit you. You don’t want to be gaming in a bar or night club if you don’t enjoy drinking or dancing just like you wouldn’t want to chat up a girl in a coffee shop if you’re at your charming best after a couple of cold ones. Read further to find the perfect spots to meet the girl of your dreams.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
The Australians can drink and drink well. If you enjoy a good beverage and find that you are at the top of your game once properly oiled then check out some of these bars and pubs.
Best bars in Brisbane:
- Brisbane Brewing Co.: The brewery is fairly new to the Brisbane hospitality industry but has already built up a very good reputation. Brewing 8 of its very own beers on site the Brisbane brewing Co. has something for each and every beer connoisseur in the city.
- : One of the leading alternative venues in the city’s party hub of fortitude valley. Whether you’re looking for an indie cocktail or just a really chilled place to have a drink with some friends then Laruche is the place to go. The cocktail menu will have you spinning with its variety.
- Cloudland: Cloudland is a super chilled spot to enjoy good drinks with good company. Relax in one of their hammocks while enjoying an expertly mixed cocktail and marvel and the simplistic beauty of the bar.
- Soleil Pool Bar – the best place to grab a drink on a hot summers day in Brisbane, the bar has its own pool to go with the cocktails, wine, beer and variety of spirits it serves up. Most visitors bring their own swim suits but the hard-core patrons just jump in with their clothes on.
Best bars in Gold Coast
- Elsewhere Bar – Elsewhere is a showcase of the culture on offer when visiting the Gold coast, the bar often showcases the best in local musical talent while serving an array of beers, wines and spirits. They also have some really tasty specialty cocktails of which the espresso martini is a crowd favourite.
- Fix Bar – a proper classy establishment. Any glamorous night out on the gold coast will start here. There is a very 70s jazz feel about the place with their lounge chairs and specific choice of glassware. All this being said there is also a playful side to Fix Bar, if you’re in a group then be sure to try the Nitro punch.
- Pigs and Pints – pigs and pints have the holy trinity of pork, craft beer and sliders. With a variety of beers on tap from local brewers there are enough ales to keep all who visit well hydrated. The atmosphere is great and everyone who comes to pigs and pints feels like family.
- Stingray – a chic retro bar with a distinctly California vibe about it. If you’re looking for exciting and refreshing cocktails then look no further than Stingray. With staggering 50 different tequilas on hand there is an extensive cocktail menu that would spoil even the biggest cocktail snob for choice.
Best bars in Townsville
- Hooch & Fellow – you’ll be forgiven for thinking you’ve steppe into the Melbourne CBD when you rock up at Hooch and Fellow, the cosy little cocktail lounge brings a big city feel to the tropical city of Townsville. The cocktails here are second to none and are made meticulously by some of the best bartenders in the country.
- Shorehouse – one of the newer bars in the city Storehouse has quietly become one of the go to spots in Townsville. The relaxed outdoor setting with the great view of magnetic island make the Shorehouse a great place for cocktails with friends.
- The TapHouse Townsville – this is the first self-pour craft beer spot in the state of Queensland. There are eight taps to choose from, with a rotating selection of beers. The taphouse caters mainly for beer lovers but there is also a neat little cocktail list.
Nightclubs in Queensland
Queensland has many great nightlife spots, the cities like Brisbane, Townsville and Gold Coast are buzzing with activity once the sun goes down, if you enjoy getting out and having a dance and drink check out some of the below places.
Nightclubs in Brisbane
- Oh Hello – a fairly new addition to the small but growing clubbing scene in the city. Oh Hello has quickly established itself as one of the best clubs in the city by attracting some of the top local and international DJs. Also they give away free candy floss so that in itself draws massive crowds.
- Birdees – if you’re looking for a fun and casual night out then birdees is the place to go. One of the oldest clubs in Brisbane it attracts droves of students and backpackers every weekend. The club has 3 separate bars and a tiki style rooftop area.
- The Bowery – the Bowery brings a New York kind of a vibe to the clubbing scene in Brisbane, the exposed brick interior and laid back furniture add to the atmosphere. The club likes to mix up the music on offer with live bands playing every Saturday night.
Nightclubs in Townsville
- FLNDRS Bar and Nightclub- FLNDRS is one of the leaders of Townsville nightlife, with a large dancefloor that is jam packed and a fully stocked bar there is always time for a party here. On the decks you can expect to find some of the best in local and international electronic DJs.
- Bullys – Bullys is a long standing live music venue in the city. If you’re looking for an upbeat and fun place to dance the night away while enjoying some of the best in local and international musical acts. Bullys is open from Tuesdays to Sundays.
- Heritage Exchange – The Heritage Exchange is a classy venue for those looking to spend the evening dancing, drinking, and enjoying some of the best food available in the city. The heritage serves excellent cocktails and also has a great dance floor.
Nightclubs on the Gold Coast
- Melbas on the Park – a surfer’s paradise institution, Melbas has been open since 1981 serving locals and visitors alike. Melbas is home to a restaurant and bar, a gaming lounge, and a nightclub on level two. The club is an exclusive and classy venue that plays the best in electronic music from around the city around Australia.
- Cocktails Nightclub - Cocktails is one of the largest dance clubs in Surfers Paradise. It boasts three separate rooms, including a popular R&B room — which each focus on a different musical genre, so it caters to all tastes.
- The Avenue – The self-proclaimed heart of nightlife on the gold coast, the avenue is where every and anything special is happening goes down. The avenue has a bar, restaurant and club. The backroom is where the dancefloor is and where the most eager punters spend most of their time.
- SinCity Nightclub – Hitting SinCity is like walking into Vegas itself. The barely there uniforms of the bar staff and the décor make the club look like one of the hottest nightlife spots on the Vegas strip. Booking a VIP booth gets you a bottle of champagne and your own personal server.
Shopping malls can be great places to meet single women; the malls have a great social aspect with the assortment of restaurants, coffee shops, cinemas etc. Most shopping malls are quite busy on weekends and attract thousands of shoppers at a time. Check out some of these.
Shopping malls in Brisbane
- Queen Street Mall – Located in the Brisbane CBD queen’s street has undergone a recent revival that has seen it become one of the premier shopping venues in the city. The newly decorated mall has some of the best in fashion and lifestyle shopping.
- Latrobe Terrace – Latrobe is one of the most popular spots to grab breakfast in the city. Just a short drive outside the city of Brisbane Latrobe has some of the busiest stores selling clothes, food, jewellery and homeware.
- James Street – For years James Street has been the go to for high end fashion shopping in Brisbane. The European look and vibe make the shopping experience extra elegant and enjoyable. Shop top brands like Isabel Marant, Acne and Comme de Garçons.
- MacArthur Central – This mall has everything you could want from a shopping centre. Grocery stores, restaurants and coffee shops make MacArthur one of the most visited malls in the city. It has the only full line Woolworths in the city.
Malls in Townsville
- Flinders Street Mall – Flinders Street Mall is the hub for shopping in Townsville, the mall has everything from grocery stores, to an art gallery. There are cafes and coffee shops where many of the locals gather over the weekends. On Sundays the open spaces of the mall are taken over by the cotters market.
- Stockland Plaza – One of the biggest shopping centres in the city with more than 140 stores including 135 specialty stores. There are also a few coffee shops and cafes in the centre where you can take a break from the everyday stress of shopping or just to catch up with friends.
- Strand Night Market – While this market is only open on the first Friday of each month it is still one of the biggest shopping attractions in the city. Browse hundreds of eclectic local stalls with some of the best arts and crafts or simply take in the vibrant market while enjoying some of the delicious food on offer.
- Fairfield Shopping Centre – Fairfield is a great little shopping mall. You can shop anything from groceries to beauty products to fashion. If you’re not in the mood to do a whole lot of buying then enjoy a meal or a great cup of coffee in one of the many cafes and coffee shops.
Malls on the Gold Coast
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre – This large modern shopping hub is one of the most popular malls in the state never mind the gold coast. With over 400 stores pacific fair offers some of the world’s top brands like Gucci, H&M, Prada and Luis Vuitton. There are high class local restaurants as well as a variety of fast food options in the food court.
• The Village Markets - TVM plays host to over 100 incredible boutique market stalls in fashion, vintage, art and lifestyle, as well as street food, live music and the preloved designer Rack Sale. The markets give local small business the opportunity to showcase their creativity like nowhere else.
The tropical climate of the state of Queensland means that most of the locals and all of the visitors to the state will spend a large portion of their time outside experiencing some of the best that the Australian outdoors has to offer. Be sure to check out some of the following.
Best outdoor spots in Gold Coast:
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary: – The Currumbin wildlife sanctuary is like no other wildlife sanctuary you’ll ever see. Explore 27 hectares of unspoiled natural beauty where the animals roam freely and interact with the visitors at their own pleasure. The currumbin rain forest is home to some of the most diverse fauna and flora in the state.
- Tree Top Challenge: – If you’re looking for something to get the adrenaline pumping then look no further than the gold coast tree top challenge. Australia’s largest TreeTop Adventure Park includes more than 120 TreeTop activities with no less than 10 zip lines! Their courses range from easy to extreme and traverse through nine acres of amazing bushland and rainforest.
- Warner Bros. Movie World: – Easily the most famous theme park in the country. The warner bros movie world has some of the best rides in the world including the fastest hyper coaster in the southern hemisphere. The park offers visitors an up close and personal experience with a plethora of characters form the DC universe as well.
- Paradise Jet Boating: – If you’re looking for something to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up then Paradise jet boating is certainly the activity for you. Speed through the pristine waters, catch glimpses of dolphin pods or just enjoy the high octane thrill of the jet boat. The signature “adventure trip” takes you a 50 minute cruise through the tropical ocean of Gold coast.
Outdoors in Brisbane
- South Bank – South bank is the premier lifestyle spot in the city, located on the southern bank of the Brisbane River the park offers some of the best swimming spots, picnic areas and walking trails in the city.
- Kangaroo Point Cliffs – The cliffs offer some of the best views of the city and the river that runs through it. The main attraction to these cliffs however is the abseil adventure, this is a great way to get an even better view of the city.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary - Recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records, Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is the world's first and largest koala sanctuary. The park has been in operation for over 90 years now and has been the leader in having humans interact with koalas ever since.
Outdoors in Townsville
- Wallaman Falls - This wonderful waterfall is Australia’s highest single drop waterfall, the 268m drop makes for absolutely breath taking scenes in and around the falls. Hop into the pools at Wallaman to enjoy some of the clearest water in Australia if the Townsville sunshine gets too much for you.
- Paluma Range National Park – a short drive outside of the Townsville city centre you’ll find the Paluma Range National park, or as it translates into English the “misty mountains”. Home to the Wet Tropics National Park, rainforest and waterfalls for exploring; bushwalking and waterfall chasing are the order of business for your hinterland day out.
- Magnetic Island – 20 minutes outside of Townville the magnetic island is a fantastic mix of eucalyptus forest and granite rock formations. You can expect to see a variety of wildlife including koalas, wallabies and all the sea life there is.
Universities and Colleges
Queensland has a big student population and the major cities are all buzzing with students from all over Australia and around the world, the universities in the state are of high quality and draw interest from some of the brightest young people in the world.
Universities in Brisbane:
- The university of Queensland – The premier university not only in the city but in the state as well. UQ is ranked 48th in the world so you can see why so many students dream of being able to study here. The campus is located in the city centre providing students the opportunity to experience the vibrant city without any hassle of travel.
- Griffith University Brisbane – the scenic campus is located in the south bank parklands. The Brisbane campus specialises in creative and performing art studies. The city of Brisbane has a booming culture scene and the Griffith University is a major contributor to development thereof.
- Queensland University of Technology – QUT has almost 50 000 students. The campus in the Brisbane CBD offers state of the art education for students looking to become leaders in the fields of business, law and engineering.
Universities and colleges on the Gold Coast:
- Bond University – Bond University has a different feel to any of the other universities around the country. The smaller class sizes means that everyone gets to know everyone really quickly and really well. There is a strong sense of community among the students.
- Griffith University – The gold coast campus of Griffith University, or the Griffith university dental and oral health school is located in city of gold coast. The signature high end education that you can expect from any Griffith university shines through.
Universities and colleges in Townsville:
- James Cook University – The Townsville campus of JCU has over 11 000 students and ifs one of the top research universities in the country. JCU Townsville houses teaching and research facilities, the main JCU library, cafés, bars, fitness and sporting facilities. There are over 1000 students who live on campus making it a very lively school as well.
- CQ university , Townsville – CQU is a small university located in Townsville, the campus has an intimate student body of just over 1000 students who are looking to further their education and break into the business world.
With the wide variety of women in the state of Queensland there is a similar variety of relationships to be had. There are girls who are looking for a serious relationship with marriage and attracting a family being the end goals while there are an equal amount of women who are looking for someone to engage in a casual relationship with.
The developed cities like Brisbane and Townsville have a much faster pace than places like the Gold Coast and therefore relationships differ quite a bit. The people living in the big cities are more prone to using dating apps and sites that allow them to date on the go where as on the outskirts and more relaxed places there will be a more traditional relationships.
Queensland is a beautiful tropical state where there is sunshine almost year round, making it the perfect place for a holiday fling. Townsville has some of the best wine country in the southern hemisphere and what can possibly be more romantic than a trip through the vineyards with a local girl. Holiday romances are the best with local girls as they will expose you to the sights and sounds of Queensland that most visitors can only dream about.
With Queensland being such a fantastic place with so many great attractions there are also a large number of tourists that visit the state each year that you could also pick up. These kind of relationships are great fun because you can then go out and explore the state with someone new.
Tips for Successful Relationship
- Build Trust – Trust is the most important part of any relationship. A relationship will grow stronger and stronger if both partners have a high level of trust. The more you trust your partner the better your time together will be.
- Be a good listener – We all go through a lot day in and day out and sometimes you need someone who can be there for you and listen to your day and offer some sound advice, be that person to your partner.
- Engage in a hobby or activity together – The state of Queensland has many fun activities that you can do as a couple. This will not only be fun but it will also allow you to spend more quality time together.
- Maintaining financial peace – One of the reasons many couples split up these days is money, in the modern world it is fairly common for both parties to have a full time job. If you can draw up and stick to a budget then you can keep thing going smoothly.
- Support – Australians are strong and independent this is well known but eventually everyone needs some kind of support whether it’s physical or emotional. Offering your other half support can increase the bond between you exponentially.
- Allow space – Remember that before you were in the relationship you did have a life outside of it, allow each other to keep living these lives, if you smother your partner then infatuation can quickly turn to resentment.
Love is a deep emotion and sometimes can be hard to find in Queensland. The Aussie girls need some encouragement before they let their true emotions show. If you are in love with a local girl then you need to pull out all the stops to show her that you are serious. Once she knows you’re for real she is more likely to commit to the relationship.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
There is no way to tell for sure if you have met the girl that you could spend the rest of your days with, the below list helps you tell if you’re on the right track.
• Planning a future- You know you are in a serious relationship if you plan a long term future for both of you.
• You still find her attractive- After time the eyes begin to wander, if you still see your partner as the most beautiful girl around then she’s your one.
• You would rather hang with her than anyone else- You know things are getting serious if you would rather have a quiet night in with her than a drink down the pub with the boys.
• You want the same things out of life- A good way to tell if she’s right for you is to check what your life goals are, if you have similar ones then its good news.
• You trust her- If you can honestly say that you trust your girl with everything then she is the one for you.
• She gets along with your friends and family- Finding a girl that is ok with all the weird and wonderful friends and family is a long shot, if your girl can get along with all the other people in your life then it’s a good sign.
Queensland is a modern state where marriage isn’t seen as the be all and end all of the relationship. So many couples will take the steps in their relationship that formerly were seen as things to do after you get married like having kids or living together but as the world moves forward so do the ideas and views of the people of Queensland. So, getting married in Queensland is not a herculean task and if you and your partner are interested to get married, there won't be anything or anyone stopping you.
The weddings that do take place in the state are mostly traditional European weddings with a splash of Australian tradition. The bride wears a long white gown and the groom is decked out in a tuxedo. Most wedding take place in a church but as there are so many beautiful outdoor spots in the state there will often be location weddings. Traditional Australian aspects include the aboriginal music or prayers at the wedding.
The Aussies are a very family orientated people and are very welcoming to any additions to the family. Queensland is also a great place to raise a family of your own. The great outdoors and many activities for kids make it a great place to settle down. Apart from that, there are numerous world class educational institutions in the state and the job market is pretty decent too. So, all in all Queensland gives you a very nice package with regards to all essential aspects of a family life.