Guide for dating in Maldives helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Maldivian women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Maldivian girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Maldives. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Maldives, Asia.
Girls in Maldives:
- Looks of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 2.5 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.5 / 5
Dating in Maldives:
- Chance of arranging dates: 2.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3 / 5
Sex in Maldives:
- Women's sexual activity: 2.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 2.5 / 5
More about Maldives:
- Nightlife in general: 2.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 2.5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $600
- Accommodation: US$50 - $500
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
The Maldives is a small island nation in South Asia, situated in the Arabian Sea of the Indian Ocean. It lies southwest of Sri Lanka and India, about 700 kilometers from the Asian continent's mainland. The chain of 26 atolls stretches from Ihavandhippolhu Atoll in the north to Addu Atoll in the south to the equator.
Comprising a territory spanning roughly 298 square kilometers, the Maldives is one of the world's most geographically dispersed sovereign states as well as the smallest Asian country by land area and population, with around 515,696 inhabitants. Malé is the capital and the most populated city, traditionally called the "King's Island" where the ancient royal dynasties ruled for its central location.
As for dating, it can be a difficult thing to meet a Maldivian woman and pick her up. There are still options in the city for you to find women who want to have a sensual time with a foreigner. Dating a Maldivian girl is quite different as compared to when you date a Western girl. Their elders are keen on judging them by their appearances, morals, and behavior. Maldivian families are closely knit. Before you approach a Maldivian girl, be aware that they lead a conservative life, and there are societal expectations from both men and women. However, with the time passing by, the perception of people is shifting towards a more open-minded lifestyle.
Maldivian women do not want to be deemed as immoral or indecent in the society's eyes or cause any suspicion. If someone suspects their closeness with a person of another origin without marriage, their families or societies can condemn them. Even though they tend to be shy towards foreign men, if you get them to trust you, they will present you with a completely different personality.
Since the predominance of Muslims affects the overall movement in the country, it is best to avoid getting into trouble. The majority of the women in the area wear a veil because of their traditions and values. Since they are Muslims, approaching the girls would be difficult as they are not too vocal. If a Muslim girl approaches you then you are free to flirt and hook up with her. However, due to severe restrictions on Muslim women, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to hook up or pick up a girl during the day.
Some females have specific preferences when it comes to the person; they want to date, e.g., physical aspects and such. They have some set standards that you might have to meet. Although, you might not have to put in as much effort when hooking up as compared to dating. When it comes to dating, they are quite strict and desire specific qualities in their partner.
These ladies are quite strict and determined when it comes to their dating lifestyle, they do not believe in dating for fun, they mostly want to date because they are ready to marry you.
Dating in Maldives can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Maldives and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Maldivian women are spontaneous and love to explore different aspects of life. Despite the conservativeness, there are many ways to approach a girl confidently in the Maldives. You have to visit the right spots, at the right time. There are many options for you in the city where you can find girls to connect with. You might even end up taking a girl to bed if you play the cards right. Besides the native women, the city is also filled with tourists who are looking for sensual and naughty time with another foreigner. You will have an easier time finding and pursuing a tourist girl here without getting into trouble. Follow our tips to ensure that you get the best pleasures this city has to offer with the utmost comfort.
Some people review Maldivian people as reserved and cold. However, they are some of the most hospitable and warm people you will come across. Despite their religious lifestyles, Maldivian women are not extremely different as compared to western countries. They are poised and lead independent lives. Some liberal females in the country do not mind casual dating, and they often like to have sexual intercourse with strangers if you can build trust with them. Keep in mind that since it is a Muslim country, you will have to be discreet about sexual activities.
Maldivian Girls (age 18 - 29)
Most of the ladies in this age group are naturally energetic and fun to be with. Although, a lot of them have a reserved attitude and wouldn’t relate with strangers unless it is necessary. Maldivian girls are beautiful with diversified looks, but they tend to follow the same style and mannerisms. This is because they are conditioned and shaped by their culture.
They are mostly simplistic and do not show off their assets or beauty much. The women of Maldives are quite beautiful and have petite bodies. They have caught the attraction of many tourists due to their mystique and gorgeous faces. Most of the women in the Maldives tend to have petite bodies, with height around 5 feet and above, and have slim figures. They have dusky to olive skin colors and have slight curves on their bodies.
Maldivian Women (age 30 - 45)
A lot of the ladies in this age group are independent and working. They are mostly in their husband's house with kids and responsibility of the family on their shoulders. Although, few ladies in this age range are still not married or are divorced. You can get an opportunity to approach these ladies without any form of fear when you are well dressed and mannered.
Due to their reserved lifestyle, Maldivian girls are not very communicative when it comes to foreign men. However, they are still welcoming and will treat you with the utmost respect. They are seldom rude or disrespectful to others, including foreigners. If they do not like something, they will simply ignore it instead of saying something harsh.
These women are also good listeners and love to hear about different travel experiences and cultures. They have a close bond with their families and society, and they all live in harmony. This is why Maldivian girls are concerned about their moves, due to the fear of being judged.
Maldivian Ladies (age 45+)
In the Maldives, some mature females are single, widowed, or divorced. They are the ones who are willing to find a partner and the ones you should target when trying to pursue a mature lady. Make sure to be careful when approaching them, and do it discreetly. Most women in this country are likely to be married, and will not appreciate it if you try to hit on them.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
There are many female tourists in this country, who are either traveling or residing here for personal, study, or work purposes. The Maldives has numerous work and schooling opportunities in its cities, especially in the marine and tourism sectors. You will find tourist girls in the Maldives who are looking to have sex with a stranger. In the Maldives, you will have amazing opportunities to meet girls, and if you play the cards right, you might be able to pick up some sexy babes as well.
Picking up ladies in the Maldives doesn’t look like an easy task as the ladies here are reserved when it comes to this topic. The religion here is also one of the main reasons why getting sex in the Maldives is presumed difficult. Getting sex looks like a doubtful thing to do in a Muslim country. The girls are used to sexual harassment and sadly, there is no strict law against punishing these men.
The city also has spots such as bars, nightclubs, and parks where you can meet many females. However, you are more likely to meet foreign females here as drinking spots in the Maldives are solely designed for tourists. The locals in this city are prohibited from drinking. The whole aura of Maldives provides great opportunities to tourists for hooking up with females. The most notable factors that contribute to the good chances are high population, adventurous ladies, and the surging rate of tourism.
The cities in the Maldives, particularly the capital, have a good amount of traffic during the nighttime and the daytime. Several ladies in this city like to keep their sexual lives active and do not hesitate when it comes to exploring sensual opportunities. They can be a little picky when it comes to choosing their partners.
It might not be easy to get sex from the locals in the Maldives, but as soon as you can get them on board with you, approaching them with sex becomes relatively easy. There are several tourists here, so you would easily get sex with female foreigners.
If you could depict from the previous subheadings, you would realize that the ladies in the Maldives are not so open to sex and the culture is quite reserved.
Nighttime is another time that is believed to attract a lot of ladies for sex, but the situation here is a bit different. During the nighttime, the local ladies in this city do not have an active nightlife. It is mostly foreign ladies who are out and having fun. The open-minded and foreign ladies in this country are particular about how a man looks, and notice the style of a man. If you are dressed up well and have nice cologne on, you are likely to gain the interest of many females
There are average chances of picking up girls in this country. This is primarily because the Maldives is a country with reserved people, and the females might not have as much freedom to sleep around or hang out with strangers.
If you want to pick up the horny babes or approach ladies for sex in this city, you have to understand their culture and traditions first. Although females the straightforward approach tends to work, you might have to be a bit discreet about it, and be respectful to her. To gain a Maldivian female's attention, you can try to communicate with her, or get her number and speak to her through text or social media platforms.
If you want to get a female's attention faster, you have to be willing to approach her first. It can take some time for them to notice you, and a faster way to gain their attention is to speak to them directly. Men who have self-confident and charming personalities gain the most attention of females in the Maldives. You might also face some language obstacles in the city, as English is not the first language. To communicate better, make sure to speak clearly and not use any complicated terms while you communicate. Their official language is Dhivehi, and if you can pick up a few compliments in this language, you might be able to woo the females by praising them in their language.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
During the daytime, you will find many females in this country. There is a high amount of traffic during the daytime due to the increasing tourism rate in this city. The only downside is that women are reserved and shy, due to their culture, religion, and traditions. There are several places where you can meet ladies both during the day and at night. Some of the places are bars, nightclubs, pubs, restaurants, shopping malls, schools, and events.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Bars, pubs and nightclubs are one of the best places to meet ladies in the Maldives. Some of the places available in the country are: Subsix: As the world's first underwater club, you may imagine that Subsix draws in quite a crowd. Some of the world's biggest pop icons have already been performed there, including Tinie Tempah and the Black Eyed Peas. Boasting a chic interior, Subsix is furnished with floor-to-ceiling windows revealing an underwater paradise, filled with an abundance of mesmerizing sea life. Having opened in the Niyama resort, you can expect unparalleled luxury in this unique venue, not to mention a host of delicious drinks, including exotic cocktails.
- Thundi Bar: Situated in the Veligandu Island Resort, it's no surprise that the Thundi Bar is utterly decadent and sleek. The bar is situated on a deck overlooking the lagoon, providing the perfect location for you to enjoy a relaxing drink. Whether you fancy a pre-dinner glass of wine or after-hours cheeky cocktail, the choice is yours with the bar's comprehensive drinks list. The Thundi Bar is impossibly romantic, making it the ideal venue to bring loved ones to.
- Paradise Island Resort: The resort at Paradise Island is a pretty cool place to visit after sundown. Be it Japanese, Italian or seafood, a la carte or buffet, they have it all. Athiri Bar is their main bar, where you can have drinks and cocktails of your choice while enjoying the rocking music and socializing.
- Velaavani Bar: Meaning' shallow bay' in Dhivehi – the national language of the Maldives – the Velaavani Bar is set on the waterfront and offers an unforgettable experience to patrons. You won't fail to be mesmerized by the gentle waters of the Indian Ocean as you sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage. Peruse the well-stocked bar and choose your sin, whether it is an ice-cold beer or exotic cocktail; a range of nibbles and snacks are also on offer if you fancy something tasty to accompany your drink. If you're lucky, you may even spot some turtles and dolphins from this wonderful bar.
- Naiboli Bar: Boasting a tempting range of snacks, light meals and, drinks, the Naiboli Bar is a great place to go for a relaxing experience. Situated within the famously luxurious Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, you can expect the ultimate in decadence at this bar. Gaze out at the Indian Ocean as you eat and drink your way into an unforgettable Maldivian evening.
- Kurumba: A five-star resort on the island of Vihamanaafushi in the Maldives, Kurumba offers various kinds of nightly entertainment options for its guests. Sway to the beats of retro, as well as latest music, churned out by the DJs, enjoy traditional Maldivian dance and music performance - the Boduberu, grab a cocktail and watch sunsets on its open beach bar or learn about marine life and get some tips on where to visit and what to do from the resort's guests and staff. At Kurumba, expect to enjoy the nightlife in the Maldives just as much as the days on the islands.
- 15 Below: Done enjoying the nightlife in Maldives underwater? Now it's time to party underground! As the name suggests, 15 Below lies 15 feet under the beach. Choose from as many as 93 vodkas and other drinks, glow in the dark cocktails, and grab a seat in their comfy sofas. Apart from their resident DJs, international DJs are also invited to keep the patrons entertained. If you want to savor some Japanese cuisine, then know that they have a sushi bar too and anime-themed decor.
- Moodhu Bar and Restaurant: This thatched-roof bar atop the ocean has more of a relaxed vibe. It is for those times when you want to grab a drink and soak in the cool ocean breeze or dig into a delicious meal with lovely views of the ocean and the faraway islands. The prime advantage of this place is that it is open 24 hours, so you can visit the place as per your convenience to relish the nightlife in the Maldives.
- Club Med Kani: Another popular resort for nightlife in the Maldives, Club Med Kani has as many as three bars to take care of nightly entertainment for its guests - The Sunset, The Iru, and The Manta Exclusive Collection Bar. Located on the beach or over water, open-air or closed, these bars ensure that you can have a drink and also gorge on scrumptious food items like finger sandwiches, sushi, etc., all the while enjoying the stupendous views of the ocean, the overwater villas and the coconut trees. At the Iru, shows and other events are organized in the evenings to entertain the guests.
- Babuna Bar: The Kuredo Island Resort has various bars for nightlife in the Maldives, among which Babuna Bar is the most popular. Their White Night Parties, in which everyone has to dress up in white, attract many revelers. The pulsating atmosphere with UV lights, evening animation, and rocking band performances will surely impress you. If you like your parties wild and crazy, then Babuna is a must-visit.
There are many good places to shop in Maldives, especially Mahe, the capital of Maldives. The products that you can buy from the markets in Maldives include craft products, handmade t-shirts, and jewelry.
- Male Local Market – The Vibrant Local Flavour Of Maldives
- Majeedhee Magu – One-Stop Shopping Destination
- Le Cute – A Fancy Duty-Free Beauty Shop
- STO Trade Centre – A Bustling Shopping Hub
- Island Bazaar – An Elegant European Style Boutique
- Centro Mall – Full Of Glamorous Brands
- Chaandhanee Magu – The Best Of Local And Imported Goods
- Nala Boutique – A Fashion Store In Maldives
- Angolo Souvenir Shop – Artsy Souvenirs
There are several outdoors in Maldives where you can get to meet ladies. Some of the outdoor places and activities are:
- Fish market
- Islamic center mosque
- Addu Atoll
- Addu city
Universities and Colleges
Universities and colleges are also places where you can get to meet young ladies in the Maldives and some of them are listed below.
- Cyryx College
- Maldives National University
- Maldives Polytechnic
- Mandhu College
- Villa College
All romantic relationships go through ups and downs and they all take work, commitment, and a willingness to adapt and change with your partner. But whether your relationship is just starting or you’ve been together for years, there are steps you can take to build a healthy relationship.
Even if you’ve experienced a lot of failed relationships in the past or struggled before to rekindle the fires of romance in your current relationship, you can learn to stay connected, find fulfillment, and enjoy lasting happiness.
As the sexual activities in the Maldives are not so open, holiday romance is not also a common concept. The ladies here don’t believe in having a casual relationship without the intention of getting married.
Tips for Successful Relationship
One of the main criteria is to look for someone who shares your value and priorities. The person who you choose to be with should share your values and priorities. This is one of the defining features of someone right for you. They don't need to be the "normal" values or priorities, but they should be the same as yours. This will prevent tension and conflict as you go through a relationship.
For most people, falling in love usually seems to just happen. It’s staying in love—or preserving that “falling in love” experience—that requires commitment and work. Given its rewards, though, it’s well worth the effort. A healthy, secure romantic relationship can serve as an ongoing source of support and happiness in your life, through good times and bad, strengthening all aspects of your wellbeing.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Good communication is a fundamental part of a healthy relationship. When you experience a positive emotional connection with your partner, you feel safe and happy. When people stop communicating well, they stop relating well, and times of change or stress can bring out the disconnect. It may sound simplistic, but as long as you are communicating, you can usually work through whatever problems you’re facing. These keys things are the main criteria to make sure a lady is the one for you.
The legal age for marriage is eighteen, although half of the women marry by age fifteen. Marriages are not arranged. By Islamic law, a man can have four wives at any time if he can support them financially, but polygamy is uncommon.
Exchanging vows, rings, and loving glances will all happen at a Maldives wedding, but there are also other things to consider when thinking about your wedding ceremony. Like whether or not you want to add any Maldivian culture into it.
In the Maldives, a traditional wedding ceremony includes a Bodu Beru (drums) procession. This is a procession of around 20 drummers that play Bodu Beru dressed in traditional clothing, leading the happy couple down the aisle and to their wedding ceremony. It is topped off by having a local gazi (judge) preside over the ceremony, all of which is done in the local Divehi dialect. Some couples that go the traditional route also choose to wear traditional Maldivian clothing
Status is derived primarily from wealth rather than family, although family ties and connections are important in determining the availability of opportunities. One's position with the government also confers status, while education is less important.