Canberra dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Australian women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Australian girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Canberra, Australia.
Girls in Canberra:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in Canberra:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.5 / 5
Sex in Canberra:
- Women's sexual activity: 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Canberra:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$60 - $500
- Accommodation: US$30 - $250
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Dating in Canberra, Australia is brilliant. The Aussie girls are very pretty and have a great personality to match the looks. There is a broad spectrum to choose from when it comes to type. From free spirited students, sophisticated businesswomen to athletes and everything in between the Aussie girls are all different in their own way.
The girls are friendly and easily approachable; the liberal nature of the country means there is very little prejudice when it comes to who they date. Many of the girls have European heritage, post WWII the amount of migrants in Australia has led to a vast mix of culture in the dating pool.
The typical local girl has long blonde or brown hair, big beautiful eyes and an athletic build. Australian girls are some of the hottest in the world. But unlike some of their western counterparts they are by no means stuck up or snobby. Aussie girls are fun and outgoing.
There is no set way to date Australian girls; it all depends on the girl. The way people meet is through introduction by mutual friends. Most of the time it will happen on a night out where a group of guys will meet up with a group of girls and they will get to know each other that way.
Although the girls are quite laidback and relaxed they will usually wait for the guy to make the first move, they appreciate the attention and enjoy the feeling that the guy wants them. The dating scene is super casual as well, things won’t get serious quickly. The girls down under want you to work for it and show her that you really are interested before they give you their full attention.
Australian girls love a genuine guy, they see right through anyone putting up a front pretending to be someone they aren’t in order to impress them. It’s important to be confident in who you are and show the real you to them, they will be far more attracted to you that way.
The women in the city are as typically Australian as you can be; they are the pretty, friendly and easy going girls you’ve come to expect from the city and the country in general. There are also plenty of other options as well as Australia has a massive number of foreign nationals from across the world. Europe, Asia and South Africa are three of the regions where most of the international beauties come from.
Below well take a lot at each of the categories of ladies you can find in Canberra
Australian Girls (age 18 - 29)
There are plenty of young women in the city; the students (18-23) are the first group to look out for. The university of Canberra alone has over 16 000 students. The students are the most adventurous and easy to approach. They are friendly and come from a generation that has grown up in world where dating anyone regardless of skin colour, age or wealth simply doesn’t matter. This bodes well for any single man visiting the city. The students can be a lot of fun.
The young professionals (24-29) are a little bit more tricky to get to, most of them have just completed their studies and are aggressively looking to move forward in life. They crave success and can ruthless when it comes to dating. They are blunt in their approach and don’t hide the fact that the men they are looking for need to be successful and established in the world of business, so if you have the cash and are willing to spend it on them then this is your target group.
Australian Women (age 30 - 45)
Probably the most complicated of group of all the women in the city. There are some significant pros and cons to this category, firstly this is the age at which many women are looking to find the love of their lives, settle down and get married. On average ladies look to get married late twenties, early thirties. So they aren’t looking for casual relationships, they are interested in serious committed relationships.
There a more light-heated side to this age group as we get to the early forties, the single ladies at this age are most likely recently divorced and looking for something super casual and fun. Most of the time the relationship is largely physical as they try to get through what men describe as the midlife crisis. Be careful however as some of these women might still be in a relationship and are looking for an affair.
Australian Ladies (age 45+)
The mature category. This is all fun and games. These ladies are so attractive to the younger men because of what they can offer. Relationships are uncomplicated and everyone involved knows exactly where they stand. The single women here will more often than not be divorced and financially independent. They are secure in their jobs and have their own homes.
90% of the time these ladies are just looking for sex, no strings attached physical relationships that help sort out their needs. They are more experienced and can definitely teach younger guys a thing or two in the bedroom. Experimenting with them can be super fun. Just be careful they will make it very clear that the relationship is a purely physical one.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Australia has a massive contingent of foreign girls that visit as well as live in the country. As much as 30% of the population in Canberra are foreign nationals. Popular nationalities include the USA, England, China and South Africa. The ladies from each of these countries all have their own unique qualities; for example the south African girls are super friendly and flirtatious, while your British girls are more straightforward, what you see is what you get with them. The Americans can be slightly full of themselves but they are beautiful and can often be worth the effort.
Canberra is also a major tourist destination in Australia. Many people see Sydney and Melbourne as the two main attractions in the country but Canberra draws more than its fair share of international visitors. There is an average of 3 million tourists in the city each year; countries like china, Indonesia, USA and England are the most frequent visitors.
So there is a wide variety of girls from around the world to pick from if the local girls don’t quite get your motor going, you just need to be in the right place at the right time. Check out some of the favourite tourist sites like:
• Lake burley griffin
• Australian war memorial
• National Gallery of Australia
• New parliament house
The Aussie girls are no prudes. There is a general acceptance of the fact that both genders enjoy sex equally. Whilst the ladies will wait for the males to initiate the girls are definitely well up for it. The modern, forward thinking nature of the city means that there is no judgement regarding who you sleep with or how often you sleep with them.
As noted the Australians are a free-spirited laid back lot. This filters through into their views on sex. If they are attracted to you they’ll sleep with you, that’s pretty much the just of it. The modern western world has embraced the idea of casual sex and this idea has found its way to the major cities of Australia.
If you meet a girl and you guys have a certain chemistry there is a very good chance that you will end up in bed together, sometimes even on the very same day. Previously it was frowned upon to have sex outside of wedlock but as the times have moved on so have people’s reservations.
The emergence of internet dating has led to more and more casual sexual encounters than ever before. Young people use apps and websites specifically to hook up these days. Tinder, Badoo, plenty of fish and E harmony are the most popular in Australia and you can use the filters on the app to find just what you are looking for; young, old and anything in between. Everyone is using the internet to find someone these days.
The well documented free spirited nature of the women in the country means there is a big chance of getting some one night only action. There are quite a few students in the Canberra area and they are the one who are the most likely to be up for it. Students don’t always have the time to get into serious relationships with the pressure they face from parents and society in general to get their studies done and join the “real world” so come the weekend they are often looking for a release and this can often be some no strings sex.
The biggest facilitators for one night stands are the dating apps and websites. Many women use these to find men without the additional effort of going out and physically meeting them.
The most important thing to remember when having a fling of this nature is to look after yourself. Always use protection, despite appearances you never know what someone has been up to before meeting them.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Canberra is a beautiful place full of equally beautiful girls. There is a wide variety of girls in the city and they can all be found in various places. It all depends on what you’re looking for in a girl and what kind of gaming strategy you have and also you levels of comfort in different environments. Read below to find out where the hotties are hanging out.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
The Aussie’s enjoy a drink as much as the next country, bars and pubs have been a hotspot for guys to meet girls for a long time now and will continue to be for a long time to come. Bars and pubs are great for guys who might need a little bit of liquid courage to talk to girls and the relaxed atmosphere also doesn’t hurt your chances. Check out some of the following watering holes in Canberra:
• Molly – molly is one of the top social spots in the city when you and your mates are looking for a good quality refreshing cocktail. It’s not your typical bar in the sense that there is no sign advertising the presence of a bar but a large brick wall with an equally big door so make sure you don’t pass by. Try their signature espresso or apple martinis.
• Polit Bar – the atmosphere at Polit is brilliant, a place to enjoy a refined drink away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The drink menu includes whiskey, beer, vodka and gin. The staff are friendly and experts in their field and will not let you down when it comes to drink recommendations.
• Benchmark Wine Bar - Benchmark Wine Bar is an intimate restaurant and bar located on the edge of the city. The wine list is extensive. They serve some of the best tapas around and each one of their wines goes perfectly with them.
• Capitol Bar and Grill – the upbeat and eccentric vibe given off by this charming bar and grill attracts droves and droves of patrons on a daily basis. The interior has plenty of quirky and exciting pieces of art that help create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all, indulge in a wide range of beers and cocktails to go with their expert meals.
• Bentspoke Brewing Co – the epicentre for beer lovers in Canberra. The ale selection includes everything from light lagers to full-bodied beers and dark stouts, plus a large variety of draught beers to choose from. The staff are experts in the craft and will be more than willing to offer some advice.
• The Civic Pub – they say not to judge a book by its cover and this is the case with the civic pub, a fairly simple looking establishment from the outside but once you enter you are bombarded with colour from every corner of the place. The well-priced beer and the pool room keep patrons coming back for more.
• Joe’s Bar at East Hotel – a relaxed and friendly atmosphere makes this a great place to meet with a group of friends after work for a drink. The expertly crafted cocktails are a highlight and the overall drinks menu that includes a range of bourbons, vodkas and rums pair nicely with their bar snacks.
These are just a few of the bars and pubs in the city; keep a look out for more exciting and innovative drinking spots. Each bar will attract a different type of girl so visit multiple to find yours.
The Australian capital is a buzzing place once the sun has gone down. The city is as vibrant as any other major city in the southern hemisphere. The Australians love to party and this is evident by the number of nightlife spots in the city. Check out some of the best listed below if you fancy your chances pulling on the dance floor of a club.
• Hippo Co – one of the most recognisable clubs in the city. The hippo puts on great events all week long. Live blues and jazz music during the week are the highlights with the house DJs on the decks Fridays and Saturdays. The night time bar has some amazing cocktails on offer.
• Reload Bar and Games - a very unique experience awaits you at Reload. With a bar, kitchen and gaming lounge this is one of the more out there night clubs in Australia if not the world. The venue works brilliantly for private functions as well as corporate events.
• Mooseheads Pub & Nightclub – the premier late night venue in the city. The unique layout creates an atmosphere that cannot be found anywhere else in Canberra. High ceilings, state of the art lighting and a fully stocked bar keep patrons on their feet all night. Three nights a week clubbers let loose on the energy filled dance floors.
• Cube Nightclub – Cube is one of the most fun clubs around. The laid back, anything goes atmosphere attracts plenty of the young people in the city to get their dose of dancing and drinking in. the club creates a really chilled vibe with a décor of lockers, beds and loads of pouffes to sit on. The DJs are no slouches either bringing the best chart toppers to the crowds of partiers.
• The Basement Canberra – A subterranean special. If something underground is more your vibe then the basement is the place to be. The live music, pool tables and beer garden are the main reasons why patrons keep coming back, also the fact that this little gem is off the beaten track for party goers.
• Mr Wolf – One of the hottest hard-core party clubs in the city. Mr Wolf is a staple for head banging party fans with the best in local and international DJs lighting it up week in and week out. The student nights on Thursdays are always a hit and the club hits capacity every time. The bar is always full stocked and does a great job keeping everyone hydrated.
Shopping malls are a really good place to meet single girls; they are social hubs with coffee shops, restaurants and cafes in all of them. Another big reason that girls love going to a mall is that they all love a good shopping spree. We’ve listed some of the top malls in Canberra to pay a visit to.
• Canberra Centre – the flagship shopping center in the city. A modern shopping mall with a welcoming feel and friendly staff. The mall has everything you could need from a center, restaurants, cafes and cinemas are there for the socialites while the retailer provide shoppers with all the essentials.
• Westfield Belconnen – one of the largest and most modern shopping centres in the region. The large mall has everything from top retailers and grocers to a large cinema and a few really good restaurants and coffee shops.
• Casey Market Town – the newest of the shopping centres in Canberra, this mall serves the largest portion of the population. Its modern, chic feel makes every visit special. Casey market town has the best in fresh food shopping and along with the coffee shops and restaurants there is also the Casey Jones Pub.
• Homeworld – located smack bang in the middle of the cbd homeworld is a massive shopping complex that takes up three city blocks. With ample access to public transport systems it is a very popular destination. There are also a number of eateries and even a pub in the center.
• Westfield Woden - another offering from Westfield. This one as with their various other mall around the country offer a one stop shopping experience with everything you would need out of a shopping mall. Shop fashion, food, beauty and entertainment all under one roof.
• South.Point – located in the heart of southern Canberra South.Point is a two story shopping complex that strives to create an all-inclusive shopping experience. From grocery shopping to fine dining and everything in between. The center boasts over 160 specialty retailers.
Canberra is a vast city with plenty of shopping malls to check out, the best thing to do in a shopping mall is find a good coffee shop or café and see who you run into. The Aussie’s are a very social bunch and they love a good cuppa and a chat.
Canberra is rich with arts and culture, exploring the city is an absolute must. The locals love being outdoors and there is an array of different activities to engage in and where you can meet new people. Check out some of the following suggestions.
Australian war memorial – the amazing artefacts and displays make it easy to spend an entire day at the war memorial, dedicated to commemorating the sacrifice of Australians who have died in war. It is a stunning shrine. This is one of the best examples of the pride Australians have.
Booroomba Rocks – found in the Namadgi National Park and nestled into the side of Mount Tennent, this beautiful trail is an exceptional walk for an entire day, providing beautiful views of the city all the way round.
HOT AIR BALLOONING – Canberra is one of the best places on earth to go hot air ballooning. This is one of the few places in the world where you can fly directly over a Parliament House. The views of the city are special and it also makes for a very romantic experience.
LAKE BURLEY GRIFFIN – the pristine waters of the lake make it the best spot for water activity in the city, paddling on a kayak or a stand up paddle board are the best ways to enjoy the glassy waters. There are a host of monuments and sites to see from the lake as well so your paddle will also be a bit of a sight-seeing mission.
National Zoo and Aquarium – this award winning establishment is where you can meet a host of animals and marine life. Hand-feed a brown bear, lion or tiger, come nose to nose with a giraffe, meet a cheetah inside its enclosure or even pat a shark.
Murrumbidgee River - one of the more exciting things to do in the city is go white water rafting down the Murrumbidgee river. Sourcing its water from the Snowy Mountains this wildly adventurous activity requires nerves of steel.
The entire ACT region is filled with some of the best and most exciting outdoor activities, the local girls are very active and will jump at any opportunity to get out into nature, if this is your type of girl then you best get yourself out there!
Universities and Colleges
The city of Canberra has two main universities and a few smaller colleges as well leading to a fair amount of students in the city both from inside Australia and around the world. We’ll take a look at some of the best in the city.
• The University of Canberra – the best of the educational institutions in the city. The university is home to over 16 000 students. The university places a big emphasis on allowing the students to express their creativity; the university is also a very social place with over 50 student run clubs and organisations that keep the school buzzing.
• ANU – the Australian national university is also in the capital. The national uni prides itself on providing some of the best tertiary education in the country. ANU has more than 20 000 students enrolled. Majority of them are local but there is also a high number of students from Asia and the surrounding pacific island nations.
• Canberra institute of technology – an institution for the more practical of the students with a healthy number of 20 000 students learning their trade at the school. The CIT offers students a very hand on approach to studying and with their learning abroad programme you could even find yourself studying outside of AUS.
• Royal Military College, Duntroon - the Australian military training facility, this isn’t your average university or college as the students here are go through a different level of assessments in comparison to other schools, you have to have be physically and mentally tough to make it out the other side.
There is a wide variety of students in Canberra as it is the largest student population in the country. The stress of studying can pile up and force the students into looking for a release so at the weekends the bars and club are filled with them. A good tip is to keep a look out for student hangouts as they always have the cheapest food and drinks.
A relationship in Australia usually starts in a very casual way. Guys and girls will meet through mutual friends and when they initially hang out it will also happen in groups. There is a kind of reluctance for couples to put any kind of label on the relationship early on as they try and sort out what they feel for each other. Sometimes they will even see multiple people until they can define what the relationship is, once both parties confirm they have feelings for each other they will start dating exclusively.
The world over, internet dating sites and apps have the most popular way to meet new people. The time pressure we find ourselves under these days means the old fashioned way of heading out on a few dates to get to know someone is dead. You can get to know people through instant messaging and then if you feel some sort of connection you can arrange to meet up and take things further if there is some sort of chemistry.
Some of the most popular dating apps and sites in Canberra include Tinder, Badoo, silver singles and date my age.com. All of these apps and sites have something unique about them and some of them even cater for specific age categories.
Canberra has plenty of opportunity for those looking for a holiday fling. The city is popular tourist destination for creative, it is not only the capital of the country but it is the historical and cultural hub. The monuments and landmarks in the city attract many arts and culture enthusiasts. The thousands of tourists that visit from Asia and Europe present the single young man with plenty of beautiful women passing through the city that won’t be looking for something too serious and settled.
The other option is to fool around with a local; the locals will show you a side to Canberra that can only be seen through the eyes of a local. You’ll experience restaurants and bars that the regular tourist will never know existed. Sight-seeing becomes that much more fun with your own personal tour guide as well. The girls are that friendly that they wouldn’t even mind a few weeks of fooling around while you’re on vacation.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Build Trust – without trust you simply cannot have a successful relationship. The bond you have with your partner is developed through trusting each other. In the modern world where you spend a lot of time away from each other trust is essential to get rid of any suspicion.
Be A Good Listener – communication is another very important aspect of a relationship. When you listen properly to your partner you can solve problems a lot easier. Conflict can be sorted out a lot easier or avoided entirely if you can just express yourselves in a constructive manner to each other.
Engage In A Hobby Or Activity Together – making time to be with each other is vital, in a vibrant and energetic city like Canberra couples can engage in so many activities that both enjoy. Finding a hobby together will only increase your love for each other and make you stronger as a couple. If presented with a challenge that requires input from both sides while doing an activity you can get sense of what problem solving will be like when you do run into trouble in the relationship.
Maintaining Financial Peace – money is one of the biggest reasons couples today end their relationships. The cost of living in Canberra is average so both of you will most likely need to work, drawing up a budget together is a good way to avoid unnecessary spending, that’s if you can manage to stick to it.
Support – everybody needs a shoulder to cry on from time to time and it’s important that you can be that for each other. The stresses and pressures from work and life in general can build up and sometimes it can become too much to carry and that is where the support of your significant other comes in.
Allow space – we all love spending time with our partners but it’s important to give each other some space and time away from each other. This keeps the mystery in the relationship. Your friends and family have always been an important part of your life and they will continue to be so try and make time to see them as well.
The Australians love passionately and whole heartedly. Whilst they might take a little bit longer to express these deep feelings once they do however you will be certain of the fact that it’s you they love.
Your chances of finding love in the city are quite good. The locals are very socially active and spend large amounts of their time out with friends.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Knowing when you have found the one is tricky, sometimes you meet a girl and it goes so well that you might feel like she could be the one to spend the rest of your life with but then one argument and it all falls apart and you don’t feel like you can go on. Here are a few helpful hints to tell if she really is the one for you.
• Planning a future- a good way to tell if you have a future with a girl is to ask you where do I see myself in 5 years from now? If your girl is a part of the answer then it’s a pretty good indication that you feel strongly about her.
• You still find her attractive- with so many different girls around it’s very hard to pretend you notice the absolute stunner that just walked past you but if you still think your babe is hotter then it has become more than just infatuation. • You would rather hang with her than anyone else- initially couples in a new relationship go through a phase where they are constantly wanting to spend time with each other, if after a period of time you still rather want to hang out with her more than the other mates then she’s a keeper.
• You want the same things out of life- if you both set goals that want to achieve and put targets in place to achieve as a couple then it’s a good sign to lock that down. • You trust her- we all need someone to confide in and if your partner can be that person for you and you trust her then its green lights all the way.
• She gets along with your friends and family- if you manage to find a girl that can get along with your friends and family then you better put a ring on that as soon as you can. To recap, knowing that a girl is the “one” is no exact science you will just know it in your heart. Some relationships will last longer than other but you will definitely know when the real deal comes around.
Marriage is still the most sacred expression of love there can be between man and women. In Canberra this is no different as there are a large number of marriages taking place in the city each year. Yes in today’s culture many couples will live together before getting married some might even have children and start a family beforehand but that is okay.
The weddings in Canberra much like the rest of Australia are very traditional European. From the church to the white wedding gown and everything in between it is as simple and traditional as it gets. There are a few subtle variations though as you might find lamingtons instead of a wedding cake but for the most part it is all very traditional.
The Aussie’s are very close with their families and spend as much time together as they can, weekends are filled with get together around the barbeque and watching live sport while having a few cold drinks. So marrying into an ausssie family will be one hell of an experience.