Berkeley dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Californian women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Californian girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Berkeley, California, United States of America.
Girls in Berkeley:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 5 / 5
Dating in Berkeley:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.5 / 5
Sex in Berkeley:
- Women's sexual activity: 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 4 / 5
More about Berkeley:
- Nightlife in general: 4.5 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5/ 5
- Moving around the city: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$100 - $150
- Accommodation: US$180- $200
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Berkeley California has some of the most beautiful girls in the country of the United States. The girls are multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, open minded and like we said absolutely stunning. The local girls and also super intelligent and tough, living in California means dealing with things like drought, earthquakes and heatwaves so they have to be resilient. They try to spend as much of their time outside as possible, anything from classes to movies to concerts take place outdoors not to mention all the sex people have in the great outdoors.
The city is also home to the University of California, Berkeley which is one of the top schools in the country, and with more than 40 000 students there are so many hot young college girls looking to get rid of the stress of university in the city too making it a dream destination for the single young man.
Dating in the city varies from girl to girl. If you take the students for example many of them aren’t looking for anything serious and they keep all their relationships very casual, in fact some of them are only seeing someone for the purpose of having a sexual outlet. Naturally as they get older and more mature they start looking to settle down so relationships start becoming a bit more serious and the girls start to become more selective with who they date.
While Berkeley is known for having a large student population there is still plenty to choose from when trying to find the right girl for you. The city has such a wide variety that you might become overwhelmed but here well help you to refine your search.
Californian Girls (age 18 - 29)
As mentioned Berkeley has a large student population with UC Berkeley having over 40 000 students. The students (18-23) are fun to date, they are free spirited and very open, it’s just the California way. They aren’t materialistic so money and cars and those kinds of things don’t really impress them but if you can show that you care about the environment and animals then you’ll get their attention very quickly. The students love to be out and have a good time so if you’re going to look to date the younger girls be prepared to find a restaurant or bar with vegan/vegetarian/pescatarian options and lots of cocktail choices.
The other half of the younger portion of the ladies are the young professionals (24-29) these are the girls who have just completed their degrees and are looking to launch their own careers, they can be quite difficult to date. Some of them can be straight up rude when approached so just tread lightly with them, they are more likely to be impressed with the amount of cash you have as too.
Californian Women (age 30 - 45)
The median age of women in Berkeley is 30 years so and there are more women than there are men in the city so you are bound to find many women in this age group in the city. Only just over 30% of women in Berkeley are married and they only get married around 35-40 years old so there are plenty of single women here to date, the one thing is that they are looking for a long term relationship so if you’re looking for something casual it would be best to try elsewhere. Obviously if you’re looking to settle down then this is your group.
Californian Ladies (age 45+)
The mature ladies are lot of fun. There are a large number of ladies over the age of 45 that never got married and when you add those who got divorced you are looking at lots of fun to be had. These women have focused on getting their lives together, climbing the corporate ladder, buying homes etc. so they have worked hard to become financially independent, now they’re looking for some fun and most of them are out looking for strictly sexual relationships, these women are experienced so dating them gets real fun real quickly.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
If you’re looking for something a little more out there you can always date girls from around the world in Berkeley. UC Berkeley attracts some of the best and brightest students from around the world; you can find hotties from countries like china, India, Korea and England. The foreign girls are often a little more reserved than the locals but there are lots of really cute girls and they are easy to date because of their reservations and they’re also easier to please than the locals.
California on the whole is a very liberal state and the same can be said for Berkeley, there are many girls who are open about their enjoyment for sex and how often they do or would like to have sex. The modern woman isn’t phased by what people think about them so they feel more comfortable now than ever before exploring their sexuality.
A big part of the sex culture in Berkeley is the hook up culture among the young people in the city. Most of them are students and this limits the amount of time they have for relationships so they keep things casual. There are plenty of friends with benefits in the city.
Internet dating sites and apps play a large role in the amount of hook ups in the city as well, if your tinder game is strong then you’ll be having more sex, the equation is very simple. This being said the online dating scene isn’t just for young people anymore there are plenty of older women using apps and sites to find casual sex too.
With a large number of “hook ups” there will be a fairly high number of one night stands as well. Young people don’t see having a one night stand a bad thing, in the past people judged those who went to the extreme end of the casual sex spectrum but those days are gone as the modern world evolves and ideas and thought processes change.
Once again tinder and the internet plays a big part, lots of the users don’t beat around the bush, they come right out and say that they are only looking for hook ups. When getting involved with someone you might not know all that well or even at all its important to use protection.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
There are plenty of gorgeous single girls all over the city and the secret to finding the right one for you is to know where to find them. Picking the right place to run your game means that you will be in your comfort zone and allow you to be as confident as possible.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Berkeley has a few great places to grab a drink, and as we know a few drinks deep and then everyone has game. Check out a few of the cities hotspots.
• Moxy - moxy has one of the biggest lists of draught beer available in the state of California. The rustic wooden furniture creates a very laid-back and comfortable atmosphere to go with the great beer and food on offer.
• Comal - a really vibrant Mexican bar that doesn’t only serve great cocktails and an abundance of tequila but also really good Mexican food. You can find over 70 different mescals and tequilas in the bar to go along with 10 different draught beers.
• Sliver - silver is a student favorite. The bar has a fully functional restaurant as well as a fully stocked bar serving fanciful cocktails and locally brewed beer on tap that fits well into a college student’s budget.
• Freehouse - freehouse is a buzzing American themed bar with a courtyard seating arrangement. The bar is specifically there to make sure the students have a good time, serving traditional American food and craft beer.
• Tupper & Reed - a fairly new addition to the bar scene in Berkeley but already making its mark as one of the best in the city in terms of cocktails. The cocktail menu has over 60 different options on it all of them with fresh locally sourced ingredients.
Clubs are also good places to meet girls, the drinks are flowing and the music is pumping it all just creates a very social atmosphere and the girls are always up for it.
• Berkeley Underground – one of the best nightlife spots in the city, the hardwood floors, fabric draped from the ceiling, and comfortable lounges create a rustic vibe with a comfy atmosphere. The club has two fully stocked bars that ensure all patrons have a great time with a wide variety of music to dance to all night long.
• Missouri Lounge – if electronic dance music is your thing then the best place to visit would be the Missouri Lounge, they host some of the best DJs in the country 7 nights a week until 2 am. The dance floor is large so expect a healthy crowd with a different theme each night.
• Beta Lounge – some of the best DJs in California as well as some of the top local live musical acts can be found lighting up the Beta Lounge night in and night out. With all of this they serve some of the best craft beer in northern California.
• 924 Gillman – probably the most unique club in the city, the club is run by a non-profit organization and has been providing the local live musical talent with a space to perform since 1986. On top of the fact that the place is run by an NPO and a host of volunteers there is also no alcohol allowed.
One of the most accessible places to meet women is a shopping mall, whether they’re just wandering between stores or grabbing a coffee you can easily start a conversation that could lead to more. Here is a list of the best shopping malls in the city.
• Fourth street shops – fourth street is unique in that it isn’t actually one building, it is multiple shops in one centralized area filled with great cafes and coffee shops perfect to hang out with friends or to meet new people. There are also lots of specialty retailers to make the shopping experience a good one.
• Bay street – bay street is a large commercial shopping center that has a large number of franchise retail stores that allow customers to shop everything from electronics to footwear. There are also plenty of options in the way of restaurants and cafes for socializing.
• Powell street plaza – Powell Street has an exciting mix of retail and dining options available. All under the same roof you can shop all your favorites from fashion and home ware to groceries and beauty products.
Californians love spending time outdoors, there is no reason not to; the weather is great and there is plenty to see. If you too love the great outdoors and the girls you might find in it then check out these spots.
• Aquatic Park – the Berkeley aquatic park provides visitors with the opportunity to do a plethora of outdoor activities including bird watching, bike riding, boating and hiking just to mention a few. The most popular thing to do is enjoy a relaxing picnic on the pristine lawns.
• Lake Anza – if the Californian heat gets too much for you then head to lake Anza, the most popular swimming spot in all of Berkeley. A natural, spring-fed lake with sandy beach. Lake Anza is a great escape and relaxing day out.
• Indian Rock Park – enjoy a peaceful day out at the Indian Rock Park. Take in gorgeous views of the San Francisco bay while you and your mates enjoy a picnic or barbeque on the lawns. The open spaces are also great for anyone looking to keep fit by jogging or maybe a little outdoor yoga.
• Shorebird Park Nature Center - The Shorebird Park Nature Center is the first municipal straw bale building in the United States. At the center you’ll find people dedicated the conservation of marine mammals and aquatic birds.
Universities and Colleges
Berkeley has one of the most famous schools in California in UC Berkeley, and because of this there are students from all over the world to run your game on. Remember when picking up students to keep a look out for student bars and clubs as they always have the cheapest drinks.
• UC Berkeley – UC Berkeley is probably the most famous thing in the city. The university has over 35 000 students from around the USA and the world, obviously the fact that it is such a sought after school tells you that it is one of the leading research school in the country. Berkeley like the rest of California is an incredibly diverse school with students of all ethnicities and cultures studying here. Life at Berkeley is fast paced and exciting.
• Berkeley city college – BCC offers students one of the most wholesome community college education experiences in the US. Their wide range of courses and qualifications is readily available to a diverse group of students ranging from high school graduates to single parents looking to further their studies.
Getting into a relationship is Berkeley can be tough deepening on who you ask. The younger girls are looking to keep things fun and casual and nothing is set in stone, also since many of them are students and not actually from the city there aren’t too many long term prospects. Couple only start to think about settling down well into their thirties as is evident by the fact that half the women in the city between the ages of 30 and 35 are unmarried.
If you’re looking for a short term holiday fling then Berkeley might be the perfect city for it. The students are well equipped to deal with a relationship that has no real definition or purpose other than some company and physical benefits. The best thing to do is make it clear to the girl that you’re there for a good time and not a long time.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Build trust – trust is the bedrock of all relationships and it is imperative that you and your partner can trust one another completely.
Communicate – another really important aspect of any relationship is the ability to openly and successfully communicate with each other.
Maintain financial peace – the cost of living is ever increasing and this can sometimes cause friction between couples, try to curb unnecessary spending and draw up a budget that you both can stick to.
Support – modern day couples need to be able to lean on each other, the days where a woman was the supporting act to man are gone and both need to be there in equal capacities for each other.
Find a hobby you both enjoy – in the wide open spaces of California there are plenty of choices for an activity you both enjoy, spending this kind of time together will only increase the strength of your relationship.
Allow space – yes you love each other and you would like to see one another as much as possible but you need that space and time to yourself every now and then.
Chances that you’ll find true love in the city are slim, at least before the age of 40 anyway. The best advice here is to have as much fun as you can and enjoy spending time with as many different people as you can. This said it is not impossible to find your soulmate though you just have to look really hard.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
There is no scientific explanation with regards on how to tell if you have found the right person to spend the rest of your life with, read some of the tips below to help you figure it out.
• You’re planning a future for the two of you.
• You still find her attractive after dating for a long time.
• You would rather hang with her than anyone else.
• You have the same goals and expectations in life.
• You trust her whole heartedly.
• She gets along with your friends and family.
As we’ve mentioned before the trend in the city is to get married rather late in life, mid to late-thirties or sometimes even forties. Many couples will just start their lives together, buy a house, have kids and all the things that a married couple would do without officially getting married. It is not as important to get married today as it was maybe 50 years ago.
If you do find yourself walking down the aisle in the city you can expect things to be fairly simple and traditional. There aren’t any quirky Berkeley wedding traditions that you need to know about. The typical wedding will take place in a church with the bride in a long white gown and the groom in a tux. Following the ceremony there will be a reception with all the family and friends, so pretty much the standard in terms of weddings.
As we are in California you can however expect on or two changes with many couples opting for a non-Christian wedding and rather choosing a spiritual leader doing the marriage blessing etc.,
California is a massively populated state but many of the residents in Berkeley don’t have family in the city or even the state so if you marry a girl from there you can expect to travel to other parts of the us to visit your new extended family.
If you’re looking to start your own family then Berkeley is a good place for it, there are lots of open, natural spaces for kids to enjoy and the cities well documented academic success is a bonus for any and all couples looking to bring new life into the world.