Austin dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Texan women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Texan girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Austin, Texas, United States of America.
Girls in Austin:
- Looks of girls: 4.4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.8 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.6 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4 / 5
Dating in Austin:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.8 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.85/ 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 2 / 5
Sex in Austin:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.9 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.75/ 5
More about Austin:
- Nightlife in general: 4.4/ 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 3.8 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $500
- Accommodation: US$20 - $400
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Austin has been a fast-growing large city in the United States of America and after Phoenix in Arizona, it's the second-most-populous state capital city. More so, it's the fourth-most-populous city in Texas and the 11th-most populous city in the country. With all of this vastness, Austin steps up further as one of the cities in the U.S. with hot and beautiful liberal girls. The city's reputation moves beyond being just the capital city of the U.S. state of Texas but its richness in splendid and good-looking girls is quite applaudable. Howbeit, guys who want to enjoy dating Austin girls must understand a few things about Austin girls and the city itself.
To start with, a large number of people in Austin are liberal hippies. It's even more credible to say that there are more hipsters than hippies in Austin but in a clearer view, there are both hippies and hipsters in the city but of course, it's not everyone that is liberal. However, it's quite worthy to reiterate that hipsters are rife in Austin and the chances are high that you'll get to date one in this city. A large number of Austin residents are in tech and this also points to the fact that you're likely to meet and date girls who are tech-inclined in Austin. The booming tech community in the city will also make you date young girls that are very rich. With businesses such as Google, Apple, IBM, and Dell in Austin coupled with Austin’s tech community being showcased by festivals such as SXSW, it's quite glaring that if your Austin girl is not working in a tech company, she'll be a lover of tech.
Austin girls are very beautiful. One thing you can't help but notice is the natural beauty of the locals in the city even as you'll get awed and blown away by the city's natural beauty if you take a stroll in downtown Austin. Everything and everyone is beautiful in Austin. Maybe it's the friendly smile of the locals, the natural sun-kissed glow year-round, or the variety of health food stores and variety of healthy restaurants but, with Shape Magazine ranking Austin as one of the fittest cities in the United States, one cannot but agree that Austin locals are indeed beautiful. And, if you seek a place where you can date beautiful Texan girls, Austin should be one of your top destinations. Austin girls are laid-back and they love to keep it simple and casual, even on a fancy day. If you're dating a local Austin girl, she would often tell you to “relax” and “chill out” and possibly suggest you wear a T-shirt, flip flops, and shorts to the store or even to the bar and dinner. Why? Local Austin girls just love to keep it easy and casual and this is one clear thing that differentiate them from the foreign girls.
Another important thing you should know about Austin is that it's quite divided. It’s a different socio-economic world when you cross I35 but on the west side, you'll meet different kinds of "old money", "young money", "the conservative ones", "the liberals", and "the yuppie—hippies". So, depending on the kind of girl you'll love to hook up with in Austin, it's up to you to choose your preferred part of the city. A large number of people in Austin are musicians and if you do not date a girl who's a musician, she'll probably have a strong thing for live music performances. And if you're that guy who knows how to strike the guitar perfectly well, you might blend in with the other stereotype of guys who always walk around with a guitar in Austin.
Austin is so proud of itself and even some of the locals are prouder because apart from the city being the most liberal city in Texas, it's considered to be the most exciting, the most eclectic, and the most unique in all of Texas. People in Austin are awesome and this is one of the reasons why Austin is often regarded to be the best city in Texas. Rounding off, dating a local girl in Austin tends to be very enjoyable because of the locals' liberalness and the little bit of weirdness that will add up to the fun of being in a romantic relationship with someone who is uniquely profiled.
With the city's reputation of being the most liberal in the whole of Texas, you don't need to be further informed that casual dating is quite common in Austin. You definitely must have heard of "Keep Austin weird" and this is also evinced in the city's dating scene and culture. Things can actually get pretty weird in Austin, whether you're just hooking up with a beautiful local you just met on Bumble or you're falling in love in the Live Music Capital of the World.
In Austin, some dates do happen half-naked, depending on the spot you visit and at times, you may have to endure listening to some mediocre music. The fact that a lot of people in this city are in a music band almost makes it impossible to meet and date a terrible singer. And, you might as well have to pretend to be interested in a lot of mediocre app ideas if you really want to hook up with someone here. Festival relationships are a thing in Austin for every festival promises an opportunity to find a temporary lover; whether through SXSW whirlwind romances, Fun flings, or ACL affairs.
Long-distance relationship occurs in Austin but it cannot survive, especially if it necessitates getting on I-35. In this beautiful city, it's advisable to pencil that meal in for midnight because dates don't start before 9 pm or 10 pm sometimes. "People can be replaced but good cocktails can’t". As a matter of fact, there are often custody battles over bars in Austin so, it's advisable to make reservations early if you don't want to go through an awkward moment. In Austin, you'll probably see someone you saw on Tinder on Happn, Hinge, Bumble, and OkCupid as well. Everyone here is on multiple dating apps and there's nothing wrong with you following suit as well.
With the presence of a fine spot like Alamo Drafthouse in the city, going on a classic “dinner and a movie” can be effectuated in a single spot. But more interestingly, there are lots of cheap date spots in the city and you can even do a date for under 10 bucks. If you're dating a local from Austin, you two will definitely have a neighborhood date spot that is convenient for both banging and bailing and if your date doesn't end here, it may start here. But, know that if you'll be dating a local girl in Austin, you will be dating her hobbies too.
In Austin, everyone is living his/her dream and just a very few people are ready to settle down and probably grow up. One more thing, your local Austin girl won't probably be surprised if you don't have a definite plan because that's the norm here actually; no one makes definite plans, everything happens at a time when it should without premeditated thoughts or actions.
Women in Austin are very cute and beautiful. However, it's somewhat pertinent that guys who want to enjoy dating local Austin women must familiarize themselves with a couple of things that can facilitate their relationship. To start with, women in Austin are reputable for their weirdness, and in fact, dating them could even be weirder. Once you start dating a local woman in Austin, that weirdness will begin to seem less obvious as you'll already start getting used to the uniqueness of your Austin lady because everyone tends to have their respective weirdness.
Due to the several tech companies in the city, your chances of meeting and hooking up with a woman who's working for a startup are high. And if she's not working on an app or a business, she would definitely be working on a new project. With this, it's quite conspicuous that there are lots of career women in Austin and with the busy life they live, guys who are innovative and creative will have a bigger chance with them. More so, career doesn't come with work only, it comes with good cash as well which points that you'll meet a good number of rich and independent women in Austin. And if you're dating a rich, career woman, she'll find you more spontaneous and attractive if you have a high IQ and EQ; beyond your good looks and all.
The local women in Austin are always delighted in meeting and making friends with new people because their real goal is "networking". Being open to chat with you might just be an opportunity to tap from your intellectual insights and if you're stunning, you may get a proper date very soon. Even though there are lots of career-oriented women in Austin, you'll still meet those who are musicians or women who are a great fan of music. You'll hear toe-tapping tunes everywhere you go to in the city and if your Austin sweetheart is not into country music, she would definitely be into blues. Howbeit, the fact still remains that "you can't throw a rock without hitting a musician in Austin".
In addition, there are some women in Austin who love biking a lot. The thing is, Austinites love riding their bikes and if they're not whipping by East Austin's colorful murals, they would probably be pedaling along the shores of Lady Bird Lake. Apart from their love for biking, almost all of them have dogs and they take these dogs virtually everywhere. With the plentiful off-leash dog parks and the city's dog-friendly environment, you'll have to be friends with your lady's four-legged pal before you two can become fully certified for dating. Austin is one of the most hipster places in the United States and you may have to blend in to the city's hipsterly atmosphere if you want to enjoy dating local girls in Austin.
Another thing you should know about Austin women is that they love sticking to their neighborhood. So, a neighborhood bar might be a cool place to catch up on your late-night rendezvous, chilling, quick banging, and all of that. When you date a local Austin woman, she'll probably tell you "why don't we just stay home" and then you will understand that she's more interested in hanging around close-by rather than "driving across the river".
One of the things you will notice about the local women in Austin is that it's always a "casual Friday" for them. The typical dress code of the locals in the city is a cotton T-shirt, comfortable flip flops, and a pair of denim shorts. You can truly identify a local Austin girl by her dressing and if you spot a lady on slacks and a blazer off to work, the chances are high that she's a foreigner. If the women can dress casually to their workplace, you should know that they would do the same too for their dates, and, they might even encourage you to do so as well. You'll meet a lot of White and Hispanic women in Austin and you'll also come across a few African Americans, American Indians, and Asians.
Texan Girls (age 18 - 29)
Texan girls in this age range are very cute and good-looking. A large number of them are very liberal and guys who are very fashionable and smart can easily pick them up. Some of these ladies could be high maintenance and there are some who do not care too much about your income because they just want to enjoy the moment with you as you hit up inexpensive spots to while away time together.
You'll enjoy dating these girls because of their vibrant energy and if you have a knack for doing anything recreational, you'll enjoy their company for they're always down for anything that promises fun. It's not difficult to meet these girls at all. A simple stroll in the downtown area will expose you to a wide array of them and it's up to you to select your preference of girls to approach and talk to. More so, some of these girls tend to look beyond the superficial and they could either be interested in brainy guys and there are others who may have a soft spot for music-inclined guys.
Texan Women (age 30 - 45)
A large number of women in this age range are career-driven. Most of these women are rich because they work in a reputable company where they're heavily paid and you wouldn't have to worry too much about maintenance while dating them but of course, you'll need a few bucks to take them out often on dates whenever they're off work.
Most of these women are irresistibly drawn to guys that are very smart, intelligent, and innovative; guys that can hold an intellectual conversation and converse beyond the regular and engage in witty discourse. These women are very lovely and if they're truly into you, they'd create more time to spend with you, especially on weekends. Try out coffee shops during the day if you desire to meet them and you'll find them unwinding with a few shots at the neighborhood bar to let off all steam.
Texan Ladies (age 45+)
Austin is a fertile hunting ground for cougars and mature ladies because of its fantastic venues, live music atmosphere, and exciting online dating scene. If you desire to meet some of the older ladies in Austin, all you need to do is to explore a couple of places and you'll be fine. Meeting and hooking up with cougars and older ladies in Austin can be as easy as you make it. So, head over to West Lake and Downtown. These neighborhoods are bustling with beautiful Austin cougars and you may as well check out organic stores, shopping malls, or perhaps, drop by at Practice Yoga to meet and hook up with Austin cougars. You'll enjoy dating older ladies in Austin because they're very friendly, lovely, and approachable. If you're still finding it difficult to meet Austin older ladies, then we recommend you check out:
- Grove Wine Bar and Kitchen
- Cover 3
- The Steeping Room
- Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
- Auditorium Shores
- Cedar Street Courtyard
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Austin is not just nicknamed the Live Music Capital of the World for nothing. With it's offered world-famous festivals like the Austin City Limits Music Festival and SXSW combined with the over 250 music venues that feature everything from hip hop and jazz to blues and rock, it's not surprising why over 27.4 million domestic visitors do come to the city annually.
Nevertheless, these foreign girls tend to be very approachable if you promise to be a good company and not a pain in the... I bet you know the conclusion already. But, dating these girls could make you spend more because you'll be going from one music venue to another attraction. And you know all these don't often come for free, except if you're dating a girl who's self-sufficient.
Austin is a welcoming and laid-back city and it offers a lot of opportunities to get casual sex. However, scouring the city's bar scene to get laid with someone might appear a bit herculean because of the independent and strong attitude of the girls. Howbeit, there are always some women in Austin who are looking for who to have sex with too because they themselves need the sex as much as you do.
A great place where you can hunt for casual sex in Austin is Celis Brewery. It offers a great atmosphere for casual hookup being Austin’s original brewery and another popular bar where you can get a chance of getting with girls in Austin is Seven Grand. Apart from bars, concerts are also promising when it comes to getting laid with Austin girls and you may as well try out bookstores, wineries, and coffee shops that offer musical nights.
Austin has a liberal environment that thrives with a lot of young educated people and the women in the city are sexually liberated.
Austin is a vast fast-growing city and it's furnished with a lot of exciting places and interesting people. Getting a one-night stand in Austin is not actually difficult if you look in the right places you should.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
There's no shortage of beautiful single girls to meet in Austin and the city is repleted with a lot of stunning spots where you can meet and hook up with beautiful single Austin girls. With Austin ranking on the 2009 Forbes magazine's list of “Best Cities for Singles” as No.11, indeed, Austin is an excellent place to meet women. Due to the city's diversity, the chances are high that you'll get to meet and date a woman who has the same political views with you, have the same taste in music, or share similar interests. With the offered numerous activities and the vast options of venues, your choices of places to meet and pick up women in this city are plentiful.
- Grocery stores: Grocery stores have always been great spots where you can meet single girls in Austin. It's quite easy to approach women at these places because it's quite easy to strike up a conversation with anybody here. Whole Foods especially have been reputed to be a popular source for meeting and hooking up with single women in Austin because of the heavy traffic it receives consistently. If you meet a girl here, you can just strike up a casual conversation by asking her a few things what she's buying and if you're lucky, it can lead to a date or two.
- Group sports: If you're a lover of sports, joining a group sport is a very nice way to meet more single women in Austin. Apart from the fact that you'll get to meet an awesome lady in the process, you'll also get to enjoy playing sports, whether it's a volleyball team, softball , or any of your preferences. You'll have a chance to unwind with some fit, cool girls because there's usually a couple of drinks to be grabbed once most of the games end.
- Singles Bars: If you seek a spot where you can meet and hook up with single Austin girls when it's dark, it's recommended that you try out a bar. Austin is richly filled with a good number of bars and these are spots that are often jam-packed and even offer opportunities to get a one night stand. Due to the low music volume of some of the bars, you'll find it quite easy to strike a conversation and if you make a good impression, you might be doing more than just hooking up.
- White Horse
- The Eastern
- El Sol y La Luna
- The Highball
- 6th Street: Also referred to as Dirty Sixth by the locals, this is the principal area for singles nightlife in Austin. This spot holds great potential when it comes to meeting sexy single girls in Austin during the day and at nighttime but, there will be more chances of getting hooked up when it's dark. This area is bustling with numerous nightlife venues and with the consistent traffic of girls trooping the venues lined at this area, there can never be a shortage of single Austin cougars to meet and hook up with. Even if you cannot check out any of the venues here, a simple stroll will be just fine for you'll get to meet a lot of pretty girls as you take a walk.
- UT Campus: Guys who want to meet and hook up with beautiful college girls in Austin will find this place a convenient option. During the weekdays, the traffic here is always intense and if you do not have the courage to game on campus and approach as many girls as you may like, you can just chill out at close-by cafes or parks because these are places where Austin college girls love to relax after classes before they go for another.
- Dog parks: As earlier said, Austin locals do not joke with their four-legged friends and if you have a dog as well, you'll be able to easily connect with other single ladies that are dog lovers. So, hit up a dog park that's not too far from where you are, take your dog out for a walk, mingle, and socialize with the pretty ladies who are walking their dogs here too. If you don't have a dog, you can still take a stroll here and join the company of the beautiful ladies around.
- Hotel bars: Hotel bars are great options to check out if you desire to meet a lot of sexy single ladies in Austin. Although the bars in the city have their own appeal, there's something special about hotel bars that votes them as valuable spots to meet Austin singles; maybe it's because of the more sophisticated ambiance or delicious cocktails. It's often easy to meet someone here conveniently and hold an interesting conversation as the cool music is going on.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Nightlife & Districts in Austin
There's a particular reason why Austin is nicknamed to be "The Live Music Capital of the World." Austin has you covered if you're looking for a specific vibe or a mix because of its historic, buzzing nightclubs and the incredible blues scene. 6th Street which is also called Dirty Sixth is the principal area for singles nightlife in the city. It's the University of Texas campus's main bar district and if you seek spots where you get a one-night stand with college girls Austin, this area holds a lot of opportunities for you because of the tons of pretty college that are always coming here to party. All weekend and even most weeknights will be popping but Thursday nights, in particular, are known to be wild. Rainey Street is another area to try if this time, you prefer to hook up and get one-night stands with local girls in Austin. The Container Bar is a prominent hookup spot and there are other places as well that hold good tidings. Rock Rose is another quality bar district to check out as well.
Bars & Nightclubs in Austin
- Antone’s: Don't be deceived by the small size of this blues club because its reputation is way beyond its size. Being a club that's famous worldwide, BB King, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Eric Clapton are some of the genre’s finest artists that have been hosted here.
- Rio: Situated right in the center of Downtown, you'll enjoy partying here because you're at the liberty to choose whichever way you desire to unwind; whether you want to hang by the pool all day and drink all through or hit the dance floor for a night out with friends. There's always something nice going on at this luxury club and pool bar. And, you can rent cabanas and enjoy the available bottle service offered here.
- Summit Rooftop Lounge: Dance lovers will never regret making this spot their destination. There's a mix of touring and local DJs hosted here to keep the dance going on and the main area of this club sits just under the city skyline. It's one of the best clubs in Austin because of many factors which include its high energy, LED-lit walls, exclusive location, and more.
- Barbarella: Known for its raw energy and held in high esteem by Austin’s party crowd, this famous club is situated in the Red River Cultural District. From today’s dance favorites to pop and sweet 1980s, the music here is varied. You will keep dancing excitedly here until wee hours because of the excellent range of music and late-night drink specials buttressed by the several theme nights thrown by the club.
- Highland Lounge: It's hard to dispute this club as being “Austin’s premier gay club” as it labels itself. Highland Lounge is a city standout because of its innovative housemade cocktails, swanky interior, and sprawling dance floor. Do well to head to the club on drag night if you want something extra special.
- The Continental Club: Ever since this club opened its doors way back since 1955, its stage has been greased by some of the world's best blues musicians. Legends like Robert Plant, Link Wray, and Stevie Ray Vaughan have performed here over the years. This club is a must-visit for blues fans and it does maintain its cool vibe.
- The Volstead: It's the place to let some energy out and it shares a building with Hotel Vegas right on East Sixth Street. The DJs here are talented and the drinks are cheap but there's a cover charge that will offer you access to both the bar and dance area which are somewhat small. For live indie and punk, head over to Hotel Vegas if you feel you need a break from the dance music.
- Plush: Many years ago, in Austin’s club scene, this club has attained legendary status. Some of the very best DJs in the world have been hosted at this club and Plush is largely regarded to be the birthplace of the dubstep movement in the United States. Be prepared to start moving if you're fortunate to get inside because the club may only hold 150 people at once.
- The Roosevelt Room: It's an event space that opened in the year 2015, a live music venue, an award-winning bar, and a warehouse district. There are still and sparkling wines, a multitude of bottled and canned beers, 53 classic cocktails, and nine signature cocktails offered here. You'll also enjoy the dishes here as the kitchen offers sumptuous meals, ranging from strawberry-Mezcal cheesecake to a veggie panini and marinated olives.
- The Townsend: The setting at this venue is made up of random knickknacks, old books, leather couches, chandeliers, and white columns. Hot curry chicken, a cheese board, and dumplings are some of the yummy bites you can enjoy at this cocktail lounge and performance space. And, you'll also find tasty concoctions such as Caught Between Two Bar Stools, Mr. Sinatra, and the Bottom Buzzer on the menu.
Without a funky souvenir of Austin, your fun trip to the city would definitely not be complete. This city that keeps it weird may be known for its food trucks, fun festivals, and crazy concerts but it does offer a one-of-a-kind experience for shoppers. For all styles and budgets, Austin offers a dynamic shopping gaiety with its unique local spots with antiques and high-end malls with luxury stores. Scouting the best shopping spots in the city may not be very easy but you'll definitely have options of places where you can shop until you drop.
- The Domain
- The Arboretum
- Mueller Retail Center
- Lakeline Mall
- Barton Creek Square
- Southpark Meadows
- North Loop
- Room Service Vintage
- Blue Velvet
- South Congress Avenue
- Uncommon Objects
- Revival Cycles and ByGeorge
- Allens Boots
Without mincing words, Austin is a playground for outdoor lovers. From close-by crystal clear lakes to scenic state parks, visitors can find everything they need to stay rejuvenated due to Austin's enviable location in the heart of Texas Hill Country. You can be guaranteed that you'll definitely find your bliss in Austin whether you're a boater, biker or hiker as the city offers countless outdoor spots that give you the room to express your outdoor energy.
If you love hiking:
- The Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Ann and Roy Butler Hike-and-Bike Trail
- St. Edwards Park
- Wild Basin Wilderness Preserve
- Pedernales Falls State Park
Rent a bike at friendly bike shops and explore nice destinations if you love biking and cycling:
- Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop
*Sunday Shop Rides
- Bicycle Sports Shop
- Austin Tri-Cyclist (ATC)
- Barton Springs Bike Rental
- Violet Crown Trail
- Barton Creek Greenbelt
- Mount Bonnell
- Southern Walnut Creek Trail
Would you love to go camping
- Emma Long Metropolitan Park
- McKinney Falls State Park
- Muleshoe Bend Recreation Area
- Does fishing interest you?
- Brushy Creek Lake Park
- Lake Travis
- Pace Bend Park
- Colorado Bend State Park
- Bask in Texas’ temperate weather and enjoy climbing and bouldering:
- Barton Creek Greenbelt - Gus Fruh
- Reimers Ranch Park
- Pedernales Falls State Park
- McKinney Falls State Park
How about water rentals?
- Lady Bird Lake
- Rowing Dock
- Congress Avenue Kayaks
- Austin City Kayak Tours
Other spots you should check out:
- Zilker Park
- Zilker Botanical Garden
- Umlauf Sculpture Garden & Museum
- Barton Springs Pool
- Austin Nature & Science Center
- Deep Eddy Pool
- Emma Long Metropolitan Park
- Congress Avenue Bridge Bats
- Balcones Canyonland Preserve
- Cedar Bark Park
Universities and Colleges
Austin is home to the famous University of Texas at Austin with more than 12,000 graduate students and 38,000 undergraduate students. Ranked by the U.S. News & World Report among "National Universities" as the 48th in 2020 rankings, this flagship institution of the University of Texas System is renowned globally.
Other institutions of higher learning in Austin include:
- St. Edward's University
- Huston-Tillotson University
- Austin Community College
- Concordia University
- The Seminary of the Southwest
- The Acton School of Business
- Texas Health and Science University
- University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences
- Austin Graduate School of Theology
- Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Virginia College 's Austin Campus
- The Art Institute of Austin
- Southern Careers Institute of Austin
- Austin Conservatory
- Park University (a branch)
Austin is a hotbed for dating among singles because of its abundance of young, educated residents. And if you're in a relationship with a local girl from Austin, know that you'll be going out often to unwind and listen to interesting live music together.
Austin's several distinct awesome venues and its many occasions such as the festivals offer opportunities to meet local girls who wouldn't mind going on a short-term casual relationship with you.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Honesty is a vital ingredient to build a successful relationship in Austin.
Austin's dynamics that are conducive to amour make it easy to find that special someone; if you put in some effort, you'll definitely find love in this beautiful city. Love has no ceiling in Austin; you have numerous options of partners to choose from.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
If you're so into each other and she's always eager to make things work anytime the relationship hits a bump, these are signs that she may be the one.
To get married in Austin, couples are requested to contact the Travis County Clerk's office to obtain their wedding license for a fee of $81.00 and submit proof of identity and age and other needed documents.
Austin is one of the best places to get married in the United States of America. The city was once enlisted by WalletHub as one of the top cities in the U.S where you can find the most convenient and the cheapest wedding destinations.
Austin is a very family-friendly place and it can be a wonderful experience to raise a family here for Austin offers easy access to beautiful Texas nature, exciting year-round events for all ages, reputable schools and universities, and great career opportunities. In a recent ranking, Austin emerged as the No. 1 place to live in America due to its quality of life, job prospects, and affordability.