Guide for dating in Rhode Island helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Rhode Islander women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Rhode Islander girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Rhode Island. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Rhode Island, United States of America.
Girls in Rhode Island:
- Looks of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.6 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.6 / 5
Dating in Rhode Island:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.85 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.75 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.5 / 5
Sex in Rhode Island:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.7 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.65 / 5
More about Rhode Island:
- Nightlife in general: 4.45 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$120 - $1,200
- Accommodation: US$20 - $1,000
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
The local girls in Rhode Island are a unique bunch of people in many ways. If you find yourself in hot pursuit of a local girl to date in Rhode Island, there are a couple of needful things you actually need to know about Rhode Islander girls. Rhode Island itself is such an amazingly charismatic place; from one of the favorite food items which is plain cold strips of pizza to the state landmarks that are giant bugs, Rhode Island is no doubt one of the most unique places in the United States and this is just to further buttress the fact that you need to understand a few things about Rhode Islander girls before you go into a romantic relationship with them.
There's one particular thing about Rhode Island girls; some of them love staying near the Ocean or some other large body of water. This is to tell you that there's a high probability that your Rhode Island sweetheart would crave to enjoy some fun time with you where water flows but over time, she may probably get to overcome the desire - this is the Ocean State after all. Rhode Island girls also seem to fancy road trips and if you're dating a local girl, you should prepare for the possibility of you two going out on road trips frequently, and you can as well enjoy some snacks while on the road together because she'll never forget to have a bag of snacks with her. If you're dating a local girl in Rhode Island, you should ready yourself to possibly indulge in frequent wining and dining with her.
As a matter of fact, your sweetheart will show you her favorite spot for dinner and before you know it, you two would become regular attendants here. However, if you'll be going out with your Rhode Island sweetheart, make sure you don't offer her mediocre lemonade because she'll have higher standards above all that. Despite the fact that girls love good food and they fancy eating out with someone they love, they're also very picky when it comes to choosing a restaurant, and this is why you should always go for a fine restaurant if you'll be taking your sweetheart out or perhaps, ask her if she wouldn't mind "this particular new spot you just discover".
One of the things you'll appreciate about these girls is their humorous personality. If you're dating a local girl in Rhode Island, don't let it come as a surprise to you when she impresses you with her uniquely amazing sense of humor which is very likely to involve tons of sarcasm. As earlier mentioned, Rhode Island girls love food and you'll not just get introduced to the clam cake, you'll also get used to every fried seafood dish you can possibly think of. In fact, your regular diet is likely to feature all kinds of seafood, particularly those that involve quahogs when you start dating a local girl in Rhode Island.
One of the activities you should prepare to do often when you're dating a local Rhode Island girl is going on fall walks to watch the leaves change. More so, carve pumpkins, apple picking, and a host of other amazing annual activities in the region are some of the things you'll be busy doing with your Rhode Island girl during autumn. Every season in Rhode Island tends to come with its special benefits and even when winter comes, you can count on your Rhode Island lover to help you make the best out of it and if you're lucky to have already hooked up with a local Rhode Islander before then, you'll be very glad. Dating local girls in Rhode Island can be quite pleasurable, thrilling, and enjoyable, and if you find a local girl to date in this Ocean State, make sure you don't mess up!
One of the things you'll find appealing about Rhode Island is that it's considered to be among the top states in the United States of America with the highest percentage of singles. A research by the All Home Connections which affirms this also places Rhode Island amongst the list of the best states to use dating apps in the United States of America, rating it 3rd; right after New Hampshire and Massachusetts who are 1st and 2nd respectively. Howbeit, dating can still be challenging in Rhode Island irrespective of the fact that the state makes it to the top five best states to use dating apps because in this Ocean State, making friends and even building relationships seem to be in form of a "circle" and cracking social circles can be pretty difficult. And, you can possibly lose your friends if you date outside your "circle".
Finding your better half in this state can be very challenging. Providence, which is the state's capital and the most populous city has a fine blend of unemployed people, uneducated/skilled workers, retirees, college students, and a couple of professionals who seem to have already built their already existing social circles. Now, to the main point, most of the people you'll find in Providence appear to be more interested in dating casually, and finding potential partners to form something serious with may be pretty herculean. In summary, guys who are looking for hookups in Rhode Island can use the bar scene and online dating sites to their advantage and take note that the locals here can be tough nuts to crack.
Dating in Rhode Island can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Rhode Island and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Rhode Islander women are the real deal! And, while it's relaxing to know that these women are very personable, guys who want to date local women in Rhode Island must be up for a bit of adjustment because dating a local woman in Rhode Island does have its perks and it's few pros and cons. If you want to date a local woman in Rhode Island, one of the things you should keep in mind is to respect her time at the beach. Her desire to pick up seashells in the freezing, blustery cold of winter or bake in the summer sun, sitting towel next to towel at Narragansett Beach should never be an issue. Most of the local women in this state have never lived more than 30 minutes from the beach and you should prepare for a lot of fun beach time with your woman because the 100 beaches in the state are not there for decorations.
Another important thing you should know about the local women in Rhode Island is that they have a thing for Autocrat coffee syrup. As it is, it will be very sweet of you to always keep Autocrat coffee syrup in the fridge because whenever your bae comes around, she'll probably want to fix herself a coffee cabinet with milk, coffee syrup, and coffee ice or just mix Autocrat coffee syrup with milk. Learning to decode directions with landmarks can also come in handy when you're dating a local woman in Rhode Island because if you're invited to a place by your Rhode Island sweetheart, there's a high possibility that she'll swap street names for words like the house with a funny pink door, Italian bakery, old schoolhouse, and gas station - what could be even more perplexing is that she won't probably know the street's name!
If you want to date a local woman in Rhode Island, you must be ready to meet her large extended family and she'll really love it if you can be friendly and throw yourself into the mix. When you're going out with your Rhode Islander, you'll have no choice but to wear your garment of patience because it will appear like she knows almost everyone in this state. As she's running into friends of the family and friends of friends, she would never get tired of hugging her cousins, uncles, and aunts she meets on the way too and she'll probably know someone in every town in the state.
If you're dating a local woman in Rhode Island, never make the mistake of taking her to a bad Italian restaurant! The local women in this state know good Italian food and don't stop your local Rhode Islander woman from suggesting a place to go because she'll know all of the nice restaurants around in town where you two can enjoy awesome food. Get ready for your summer schedule to be packed with visits if you're dating a woman from Rhode Island and she's yet to convince you to live in Rhode Island. With the array of stunning events like Water Fire in Providence, Newport Jazz Festival, and Newport Folk Festival, you yourself will always want to catch a great time in this state plus you would have been missing the long beach days too.
Another thing you should know about dating a local woman in Rhode Island is to try not to keep her away from the ocean for too long because if you do, it's possible that during the summer months, she'll feel very restless. And, if you're not living near the ocean and you're some miles away from Rhode Island, what you can do is to either manage to schedule a trip every summer to this Ocean State or perhaps, simply get her to the nearest ocean. Your choice to date a local woman in Rhode Island should come with your readiness to embrace the Rhode Island food culture. Food is a large part of the culture in this state and you can't escape embracing the Allie’s Donuts, hot wiener from Olneyville NY System Wiener, “party pizza” from Caserta or Calvitto’s, clear chowder and clam cakes from Iggy’s or Aunt Carries, and the endless fresh seafood from oysters to quahogs.
If you're dating a local woman in Rhode Island, don't piss her off by poking fun at her beloved Ocean State. Never talk smack about Rhode Island because she'll always defend her dear Ocean State as the best place to grow up, most peculiar, and the most beautiful in the country because she is proud of Rhode Island; it’s in her blood and it's her home. Rounding off, there's a high probability of your Rhode Islander sweetheart having an accent, especially if she's from Providence and Warwick. And, you should be a perfect gentleman by adoring her accent.
Speaking of the looks of Rhode Islander women, a large number of the local women you'll meet and date in Rhode Island are Whites and you'll also meet a number of Blacks, Asians, Native Americans, American Indians, and Native Hawaiians.
Rhode Islander Girls (age 18 - 29)
Dating Rhode Islander girls of this age range can be very pleasing looking at their many charming traits. Rhode islander girls of this age are known to be very fun, laid-back, and you'll never have a boring time while in a relationship with them. However, while some of these girls are known not to be high maintenance, there are still a number of them who tend to be high maintenance so, you might want to be careful with who you approach and how you take things up. Another thing you'll appreciate about these girls is that they're very romantic. You stand to enjoy quality romance when you're dating these girls because their fun vibe is a background and prompting factor which often influences their eagerness to take you to some of the nice cozy spots in the state where you two can have a very nice moment as lovers. Dating Rhode Islander girls of this age range can be quite fun, no doubt, but, make sure you watch out for gold diggers who might be out there.
Rhode Islander Women (age 30 - 45)
You stand to enjoy a couple of good things when you're dating Rhode Islander women of this age range. To start with, if you're dating one of these women, know that you've found someone to enjoy and share a delicious coffee cabinet with. These women also have the souls of an artist and they know beauty when they see it. If you're dating one of these women, you'll never be short on shellfish because she'll know how to get you in the mood with clam chowder. Another thing you should be prepared for if you want to date Rhode Island women of this age range is to brace up yourself for long walks on the beach and an oceanfront Victorian bed-and-breakfast. Rhode Island has a perfect romantic setting with its quaint seaside cities, sandy beaches, scenic bays, and the local women in this state never dull when it comes to romance. Rhode Island women of this age range are never afraid of a little controversy and showing you their passionate side is not a problem for them. While they're known to be all-around interesting human beings and excellent romantic partners, these women can think for themselves plus they have a very adorable accent.
Rhode Islander Ladies (age 45+)
It's always fun dating Rhode Islander ladies of this age range and one of the things you should ready yourself for if you're dating an older lady in Rhode Island is admiring the beautiful scenery while taking a stroll along a Newport shoreline. And, exploring the 400 miles of gorgeous public beaches and rocky coastline in the state with your Rhode Island woman can be so much fun. Rhode Islander ladies of this age range are known to be fun-loving and you'll never have a dull moment when they're by your side. There’s always something to do around here; from the variety of restaurants, clubs, and bars to the overall swinging nightlife scene in the state, you can never get bored when you're hanging with a Rhode Islander. Rhode Islander ladies of this age range know how to fan the flames of romance and one of the things you'll love about them is that your relationship will always be full of sparks because they won't play with your emotions, even though they're kids at heart. However, you should know that if you are dating these ladies, you've already got a new extended family and this means that gradually, you’ll always have more people to hang out with and say “hello” to from time to time.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Rhode Island is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the United States of America. However, there are eight common stereotypes of foreign girls you're likely to meet and date in Rhode Island and they range from the Cocktail Connoisseur and Foodie to the artist, the Historian, the Soon-To-Be Empty-Nester, the Nature Lover, and the Indie Shopper to the individualist.
Getting laid in Rhode Island can be quite easy due to the fact that there are tons of young liberal girls in the state. Providence especially which is known for its bustling nightlife and a fine blend of unemployed people, uneducated/skilled workers, retirees, college students, and a couple of professionals is considered to be the best place to enjoy getting laid with Rhode Islander and it's regarded to be one of the biggest party towns in the United States of America. And, guys who feel a bit timid to approach girls physically can use online dating sites to get laid in Rhode Island. Other places where you can easily get laid in Rhode Island are Newport, Warwick, Newport East, East Providence, Central Falls, Westerly, Tiverton, Valley Falls, and Pawtucket.
A large number of the local girls you'll meet in Rhode Island are sexually liberated and they tend to be down for casual sex.
With the variety of restaurants, clubs, and bars in Rhode Island blending with the atmospheric nightlife in the state and the tendency of the girls to drink and party at nighttime, getting one-night stands in Rhode Island can be quite easy.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Fondly referred to as the Ocean State by both the locals and tourists, Rhode Island is situated in the New England region of the United States and it's officially referred to as the State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations. Sharing a small maritime border with New York and bordered by the Atlantic Ocean, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, you'll find most of the state to be located on the mainland.
Of all the states in the United States of America, Rhode Island is the second-most densely populated, the seventh least populous, and the smallest U.S. state by area with Providence being its most populous city and state capital as well. Rhode Island may be a small state but its lengthy shoreline that makes for a romantic paradise is an applaudable compensation for what it lacks in square meters. Populated with over a million residents, Rhodes Island also boasts a number of venues where you can meet, mingle, and socialize with single Rhode Islanders.
With all said so far, it's pretty glaring that the beaches are one of the best places to meet and hook up with single girls in Rhode Island and since there are several beaches in the state, a good one we'll recommend you check out is the Goosewing Beach.
- The Goosewing Beach is one of the nicest hundred beaches in the state and it's one of the favorite hangout venues of the locals in the state. As earlier hinted, spending a lot of time on the beach is something you can't escape from when you're dating a local girl in Rhode Island and this Goosewing Beach is one of the few Little Compton beaches open to the public where you can enjoy picking up single girls in Rhode Island.
Food is an integral part of the culture in this state and this points to the reason why restaurants are great places where you can meet single women in Rhode Island.
- Giving its visitors a romantic view of the harbor, this hip outdoor restaurant and bar; The Deck Restaurant, is a great place to mingle and socialize with some of the pretty single women in the state. A lot of people do come here to find love or a summer fling because of the good crowd that's usually here. However, if you'll be coming here, make sure you arrive as soon as you can because it can get crowded pretty fast. As you watch the sunset by the beach, you can enjoy great American and local seafood here. During summer, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday offer the best potentials and there's live music acts on Friday night.
The Newport Art Museum is another quality place where you can meet pretty single ladies in Rhode Island. There are lots of beautiful and well-dressed ladies you'll notice once you walk in and you'll find a lot of them adoring the rotating exhibits. If you spot a lady you like admiring a piece of art, walk up to her and share your ideas with her or perhaps, just play the naive young fellow by asking what it’s about
Gyms and fitness centers are another fine places where you can meet single women in Rhode Island and there are several nice ones littered across different parts of the state.
- The local women in this state spend some serious time and energy getting ripped at the gym because they know that fitness is no joke. And, if you're up for meeting some of the fit single local women in Rhode Island, you can check out the Anytime branches all over the state, IronClad in Cranston, or go to VP Fitness in Providence.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
There are lots of nice bars and clubs in Rhode Island where you can enjoy spending your night out:
- Buttonwoods Brewery in Cranston: The local breweries are some of the best places to have fun and mingle with some of the local women around. If you desire to get out of the usual bar scene, we'll recommend you visit this venue if you're in Cranston because it's one of the finest breweries in the area. Boasting an active and friendly crowd, this brewery will give you other reasons to stay as it has a wide selection of beer and other drinks you can also choose from. This local brewery promises one heck of a good time and you can enjoy playing games such as cornhole and darts here.
- The Hot Club in Providence: It's not every time one will be in the mood to drink at night. Drinking during the day can also be very thrilling and if you're in for sitting outside and enjoying a drink on a nice day, here's where you should be. This bar is a very chill and cool place to visit when the weather is good and you'll definitely have a great time here because there are nice drinks on tap, the crowd is friendly, and the view is fantastic. You can as well enjoy a great beer selection at this local hotspot.
- Circle Restaurant and Bar in Providence: Often packed with beautiful ladies and famous for its great cocktails, Circe breaks the usual routine of the old drinks at the same old bars. It's a great place to try something new every now and then and you'll love it here if you're the adventurous type. Having a good time is guaranteed here as there are great drinks available to be enjoyed in an upscale-yet-relaxed environment.
- Spain in Cranston: This bar is a great place to grab a drink or a meal. Situated in Cranston, it has the perfect environment that's befitting to mingle and socialize with the pretty ladies that often patronize it. Thursday is the best night to visit here because this is when you'll get more chances of picking up single Rhode Islanders. The drinks here are awesome and delicious is another name for the food served here. However, if you'll be coming here, make sure you dress up because Spain is pretty classy.
- Newport Blues Café in Newport: Famous all over the city for its fun atmosphere, fantastic music, and lively vibe, this venue is one of the best places to find both live music and sexy ladies to pick up in Rhode Island. Taking in a live show is an awesome way to add a little fun to the average night in town and that's what this venue does. To get a seat at the bar, make sure you arrive early because it gets a little crowded here and Thursday and Friday are the best nights to visit.
- Dusk in Providence: Offering drinks at a reasonable price with a pleasant atmosphere for its patrons, this intimate venue for live music and DJs of all genres features local comfort-food eats, full bar, dancing, and live music. This vibrant nightlife venue offers you the opportunity to experience phenomenal live bands and there are awesome bartenders here. More so, this club offers plenty of parking space, legendary sound quality, and it's available for birthday and private parties.
- EGO Providence in Providence: Come here to enjoy drag shows, good music, dancing on the dance floor, and well-made drinks - all in a fun environment. Known to have some of the best staff crew in the whole of Providence, this Providence's premier gay dance club caters to people that are at least 18 years old, and on Thursday's drag show, there's no cover. More so, you'll find the surroundings here to be clean, a large selection of drinks to enjoy, and friendly staff to serve you.
- Nick-A-Nees in Providence: Managed by Stephanie Finizia-Perry, this club is Providence's favorite local Honky Tonk Dive Bar and it features an outside patio, pool table draw fans, TV, a jukebox, full bar, dancing, and free live music. This dog-friendly bar which is also regarded to be one of the best dive bars in town offers its patrons an opportunity to enjoy its awesome decor and experience the best live music bar plus it hosts special events every weekend.
- Mishnock Barn in West Greenwich: This dance club is one of the best places to enjoy dancing and clubbing if you're in Greenwich. You can learn to country dance here because this club offers something completely different from the regular dance clubs you'll find around. Take advantage of the beginner's lessons it offers and get to know how to bust some nice moves to impress some ladies at the club.
- Luna Night Club in Providence: This dance club doesn't open all the days of the week because it only charges itself with the goal of providing its guests with enough dancing on the weekends to last them the whole week! Open only on Fridays and Saturdays, this club has a very fun vibe, and just recently, it was overhauled by a new management.
Here is a list of some of the best shopping malls in Rhode Island you can trust if you are looking forward to shop till you drop.
- The Crossing At Smithfield, Smithfield, RI
- Providence Place, Providence, RI
- Chapel View, Cranston, RI
- Cowesett Corners Shopping Center, North Kingstown, RI
- Warwick Mall, Warwick, RI
- North Providence Marketplace, North Providence, RI
- Apple Valley Mall, Greenville, RI
- Garden City Center, Cranston, RI
- RK Newport Towne Center, Newport, RI
- 1000 Bald Hill, Warwick, RI
In this beautiful state of Rhode Island, there's something for everyone whether you're into sightseeing, exploring new places, or hiking:
- Explore Tidal Pools At Beavertail State Park
- Take A Ride On The East Bay Bike Path
- Go Seal Watching At Rome Point
- Stroll The Newport Cliff Walk
- Browse The Shops And Grounds At The Fantastic Umbrella Factory
- Fly A Kite At Brenton State Park
- Walk Through History At Fort Wetherill
- Explore Nature At Ninigret
- Go Bouldering at Lincoln Woods State Park
- Enjoy A Riveting Panoramic View At Neutaconkanut Hill
Universities and Colleges
There are several colleges and universities in Rhode Island and they include:
- Salve Regina University of Newport
- University of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Bryant University
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Roger Williams University
- Rhode Island College
- Naval War College
- New England Institute of Technology
- Brown University
- Providence College
- Johnson & Wales University
Most of the things you need to know about Rhode Island girls have already been enumerated and they already provide clear hints on some of the things you should expect while in a romantic relationship with a local girl in Rhode Island.
Rhode Island is repleted with a lot of young girls who just want to have fun and the romantic scenery and atmosphere in the state also make it easy to find a holiday romance.
Tips for Successful Relationship
There are numerous tips that can be applied to make a relationship successful but it's best you study what works best for you and be very proactive in building your relationship.
There's a great chance of finding love in this Ocean State.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Knowing if she's the one is not in any way complicated because what she does, how she acts, and the priorities she sets for herself will give you clearer insights.
To get married in Rhode Island, you must be 16 years or older.
Rhode Island offers some pretty big and bold options and even though it's the smallest state in the entire country with just 39 cities and towns, it has a lot of beautiful places for weddings, and cities like Warwick, Newport, and Providence are regarded to be some of the most popular wedding destinations in the state.
Offering good salaries, competitive jobs, great schools, safe cities and neighborhoods, and family-friendly amenities, Rhode Island is regarded to be one of the best places to raise a family in the United States, even though it's the smallest state in size.
There are five counties in Rhode Island:
|Bristol County |
|Kent County |
|Newport County |
|Providence County |
|South County (Washington County)|
Rhode Islands summer region, full of small communities on and near the beach
- Providence - The state capital, largest city and main commercial center. Unless you plan to spend the entire week at the beach, find some time to get to Providence.
- Central Falls - Spanning merely one square mile, it is one of the most densely populated cities in the world.
- East Greenwich - Founded in 1677, its historic district along Main Street features charming shops, excellent restaurants, and a community theater.
- Narragansett - Best beaches in New England.
- Newport - Located on Aquidneck Island. Once the darling city of the American elite, it is famous for yachting, mansions, and jazz.
- Pawtucket - Birthplace of the American Industrial Revolution
- South Kingstown, including the villages of Kingston, West Kingston, Matunuck, Peacedale and Wakefield.
- Warwick - home of TF Green Airport, two malls, and "Gaspee Days," it is an easy (and less expensive) place to land from your flight, and rent a hotel room and car.
- Woonsocket - Once known as "Little Quebec", it has the largest French-speaking population in Rhode Island. Today, French is rarely heard, replaced by English, Spanish, and Portuguese.