Portland dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Oregonian women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Oregonian girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Portland, Oregon, United States of America.
Girls in Portland:
- Looks of girls: 4.4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.8 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.6 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.2 / 5
Dating in Portland:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.9 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.2 / 5
Sex in Portland:
- Women's sexual activity: 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.95 / 5
More about Portland:
- Nightlife in general: 4.3 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 3.8 / 5
- Budget per day: US$110 - $500
- Accommodation: US$20 - $400
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Without doubts, Portland is indeed one of the unique and best cities in the United States of America. In the year 2015, the city was recorded to be one of the most moved to cities and if you want to date local girls from Portland, it's important that you know a few things about the local girls in the city. The local girls in Portland have their own uniqueness that distinctively separates them from girls from other parts of the [[United States of America. Dating a local girl from Portland can be very fun and exciting to do and your first date is likely to be over a good cup of coffee. With the tons of nice coffee shops in the city, it's even very much likely that you'll probably meet your Portland sweetheart at one of these spots and you'll probably just meet again at another nice local coffee shop for a romantic rendezvous.
One of the interesting things you may need to know about the local girls in Portland is that a large number of them are beer lovers. So, if you're really into beer and you're looking for a beer buddy, all you just need to do is to date a local Portland girl and you'll have someone to while away some good time with. In fact, it's very possible that your first or subsequent dates would be over a really good beer. Portland girls are outdoorsy and whoever wants to enjoy dating them must have a knack for being outdoors. If you want to date a local girl from Portland, you must prepare to go on the hike of your life, most likely every weekend, and afterwards, prepare to "Netflix and chill."
One thing about the local Portland girls is that they have a relaxed sense of living and if you're fortunate to find yourself a Portland sweetheart, you can be rest assured that you've got yourself a fun-loving companion who would not let you waste away being indoor and bored. But, you must love dogs, or any animal, actually. Virtually every local in this city have a pet and the chances are high that your Oregonian sweetheart would have a pet of her own.
More so, you'll be going to a lot of delicious restaurants if you want to date a single local girl from Portland and you might possibly pack on a few pounds. Exploring some of the nicest restaurants in the city can be one of the romantic adventures of you and your Portland sweetheart but not to worry, there would still be other rejuvenating activities to do that will help you stay in shape. If you know how to ride a bike, this is one of the outdoor activities you two will be doing together occasionally. The local girls in Portland are very nice, friendly, and approachable. These are people that find it easy and normal to spark a conversation with a stranger and who won't love dating a girl that's down-to-earth? Huh?
On a conclusive note, have it registered that a native Portlander would always see his/her home as an incomparable haven and if you eventually take your Portland girl from the city, you still can't erase the sweet memories and beautiful feelings of her home from her.
People date in every city, of course, probably. And, people date here in Portland too. Dating in Portland can be very interesting for single males because finding someone to date in Portland is actually pretty easy. Finding someone willing to give you a chance is stress-free - all thanks to the constant stream of relatively young transplants and the influx of young students stemming from the multiple colleges. However, you must be cool with alternative lifestyles because this is a city where you'll meet someone who's in a non-committed but serious relationship.
More so, your best dates might be outside the city and you're likely not to get down if you're not down for hiking or skiing. For your date nights, there are lots of affordable, nice restaurants in the city and you may as well stay at home if you have a romantic setting to treat your date to a romantic dinner. It may be weird but people go to strip clubs on dates in this city but what could be weirder is that you never know if you’re actually dating because you're just hanging out and having sex.
Laced with their own uniqueness, Portland women have their peculiar attitudes, which is often influenced by the city's atmosphere and dating scene. There are lots of things to enjoy about dating local women from Portland and one of them is that you'll never get bored because she would keep refilling your coffee. You might not know but the local women in Portland love coffee a lot and most of your dates are likely to be at one of the hips, down-to-earth shops in the city.
If you date a local woman from Portland, she would adore all your little quirks. Portland women are more than a little peculiar, they're all about being unique and it's okay to let your weird show when you're dating a woman from Portland so, there's no call for stress at all. After all, “Keep Portland Weird” is the city's motto so, you don't have to stop being interesting and authentic the way you are when you're dating a Portlander because normal is even boring.
You'll also enjoy the best street food of your life when you date a woman from Portland. The entire city of Portland is like a huge, delicious food court and you don't actually have to sit down before you'll eat incredible food and this clearly explains why the U.S. News Travel recently named Portland as the ‘World’s Best Street Food.’ And, if you're lucky to date a woman from Portland, it's with so much excitement she would show you all her favorite spots.
One of the interesting things about Portland women is that they're very patient. As a matter of fact, Patience is a virtue that all Portlanders have and the women do know how to keep going with the flow by keeping their cool. You'll as well learn the art of relaxation if you date a local woman from Portland. You'll learn to appreciate the little moments if you have a Portland woman by your side because she'll help you get de-stressed with a delicious meal, strolling hand in hand through the city, or just lying on the grass in the park together. Portland women are loving yet, they'll get you moving. The women know all the best bike lanes, trails, and routes in the city and you definitely can't avoid biking with your Portland sweetheart.
Portland women are very cute, good-looking, and fit, and this is simply because of all the healthy food eating, dancing, walking, and biking they engage in. Women in Portland are outdoorsy and if you're an outdoor lover yourself, you will have nothing to worry about because it will all be fun when you two are going on day trips together, hiking, camping, and planning awesome dates together. Speaking of the looks of the women, most of the women you'll meet in this city are Whites and there's a fewer number of Asians, Blacks, and Latinas you'll get to meet.
Oregonian Girls (age 18 - 29)
Vibrant and fun-loving, these girls are a set of interesting people to date. However, if you want to enjoy dating Oregonian girls in this age range, you must be ready to partake in outdoor activities like cycling, hiking, and climbing. As a result, you may have to get yourself a minimum of two pairs of hiking shoes for no matter what time of year it is, during your very first date, it's very likely that your outdoor athleticism can be tested. These girls also seem to have a collection of nice hoodies and it basically evinces their fashion sensibilities.
Oregonian Women (age 30 - 45)
Dating these women can be very enjoyable but these women tend to have their preferences in a guy. Most of them fancy dating a man that knows how to make a perfect morning coffee and your dexterity in brewing beans with a retro glass pour-over machine can come very handy. Nevertheless, you should not make the mistake of taking these women to a strip club on the first date or on the second date and another thing you might want to avoid is taking them to the same place twice. There are lots of nice options of places to explore in and around the city and these women are never boring to hit up each and every waterfall, beaches, rivers, and snow-capped mountains in and around the city.
Oregonian Ladies (age 45+)
There are lots of glamorous older women to hook up with in Portland and the city does offer tons of great activities and spots that can help you meet and connect with beautiful older ladies in Portland. Portland cougars are very lovely, charming, and they know how to treat a man right but without the right guidance, you could waste a lot of time looking for places where you can hook up with Portland cougars. Regardless of the kind of cougar you’re into, Portland has different kinds waiting for you. There are Portland cougars and mature ladies who love being outdoors and you can meet them at the centrally located Mount Tabor Park, Blue Lake Parks, or by taking a stroll at the nearby Oxbow. Other nice spots where you can meet and hook up with cougars in Portland are:
- Henry's 12th Street Tavern
- El Gaucho
- Kells Irish Pub
- Farmer’s Market
- Alberta District Art Walks
- City Grill
- Sauce Box
- Vault Martini
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Portland flourishes with a great number of tourist attractions and if you're keen on meeting and hooking up with tourist girls in Portland, you can check out Pioneer Place or the Washington Square because they're major shopping destinations. The tourist girls are not difficult to hook up with and speaking of the college girls in the city, you'll have tons of options to choose from and the interesting part is that they're quite liberal and attractive.
Portland is the most populous city in the state of Oregon has it ranks too as one of the easiest cities to get laid in Oregon. There's a great influx of young people in Portland and getting laid is very easy to come by in this city which is refreshed with young and ambitious singles in their 20s and 30s who just want to have a great time. The bars are great spots where you can get sex with Oregonian Girls in Portland and this is simply because the locals in this city are never timid to engage with strangers as long as drinks are flowing.
The population of young singles in the city has a great influence in the city's sex culture for Portland thrives with a great population of young and sexually active women who are sexually liberated and looking for someone exciting to have sex with. As a matter of fact, a lot of sex casual sex does happen in Portland because this is a city where friends with benefits seems to be rife.
Singles in Rose City are having a lot of fun and the sky is the limit for those who can take the pain to build off chance encounters at some of the hook-up bars in the city where one-night stands are as common as it can be.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
How difficult do you think it could be meeting beautiful single ladies in a city that's the most populous in Oregon and bustling with about 650,000 residents? The many nice colleges and universities in the city such as the Portland State University which has the second-largest enrollment rate in Oregon even makes it quite easier to meet and mingle with young single girls in the city. Meeting single girls in Portland is not difficult. As a matter of fact, you don't have to go through a whole lot of stress to get a date. If you come across a girl you like while you're hunting, distinguishing yourself from the herd by asking her out on a genuine, romantic date will make you look better, appealing, and separate you from the confused others.
People who've been to the city have testified that Powell's and coffee shops are great places where you can meet single girls in Portland and if you're a guy who just wants to have fun, so far you're in decent shape and you're in your 20s, you can just hit up a park, play any game, and mingle with the beautiful ladies around you. And afterward, you can just offer to take someone you're vibing with out to drink beers together later in the night. It's as easy as that. No fuss. No stress. Spots like grocery stores, bookstores, and smaller Farmers Markets also give you an opportunity to meet and talk to new people and they offer a chance to meet beautiful single Portland ladies.
- Fitness Centers: You can't help but meet a lot of single Portland ladies because the girls here pay a lot of attention to their shape. Even though they stay active by hiking, biking, skiing, and others, most of them still visit the gym frequently to hop on the cardio machines, lift some weights, and perform their regular workouts. If you're not that much of a fitness enthusiast, you can even enroll yourself in some of the classes offered at some of the gyms. But, nothing is definitely stopping you from looking good as you search for single girls in Portland to hook up with. So, find any gym to join and we recommend these ones:
- Loprinzi's Gym
- Hollywood Fitness
- Lloyd Athletic Club
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Peak Performance - NE Portland Gym
- POINT Gym and Kitchen
- Hobby Classes: Enrolling yourself in a special interest class if you're too busy to pursue a hobby on your own can be a great way to relax after a rough day looking for singles to hook up with and it can as well help you achieve your task easily - meeting single women. Joining a hobby class will help you meet single Portland girls you can easily connect with and you'll also get to do something adventurous and fun. You can join a hiking or kayaking club if you enjoy the outdoors and if you love dancing, take a dance class.
- Bookstores: Bookstores are inarguably one of the best places to meet and hook up with single women in Portland. Portland has a great population of busy career women and these are spots where you can come to meet them. So basically, all you'll have to do is to visit any of the best bookstores in your area, spend a Saturday afternoon there, and stay in travel, cuisine, or craft books sections. One of the interesting things about bookstores is that the women you'll meet here do have their defenses down and striking a conversation will be very easy.
- Powell’s City of Books
- Broadway Books
- Green Bean Books
- Wallace Books
- Secret Forest Books
- Cameron's Books & Magazines
- Farmer’s Market: This is a great spot where you can meet both younger and older ladies in Portland. The locals in the city don't just hang around at restaurants and bars, you can also find a lot of them shopping for local and organic food. The best day to visit here is on Saturday but make sure you look very good and be ready to approach any beautiful woman that catches your fancy.
- Cultural Events: Cultural events can offer you lots of opportunities and chances to meet cute single girls in Portland. Kindly take note that cultural events in this regard vary; it could be a performance at a theatre, going to see a movie, checking out a painting exhibit at an art gallery, or hitting up a local museum. If you desire to meet professional women in Portland, this could be your opportunity because it's quite easy to run into beautiful and sophisticated women at cultural events.
- Portland Art Museum
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI)
- World Forestry Center Discovery Museum
- Performing Arts
- Oregon Ballet Theatre
- Northwest Children's Theatre
- Portland Center Stage
- Artists Repertory Theatre
- Movie Theaters
- Bagdad Theater and Pub
- Hollywood Theatre.
- Laurelhurst Theater
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Hoyt Arboretum
- Oregon Zoo
- Alberta District Art Walks
- Parks: The women in Portland are outdoorsy right? So, definitely, it's not debatable that there's going to be a whole lot of beautiful and agile women you'll come across if you hit up the parks. The girls and the women you'll meet here basically come to have fun and all you just have to do is to enjoy yourself and mingle with as many people as you can.
- Washington Park
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park
- Tryon Creek State Natural Area
- Holly Farm Park
- Keller Fountain Park
- Oaks Amusement Park
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Portland is an environmental-friendly town where the residents are known for their relaxing and cordial vibe. It's an energetic place where you can enjoy shopping, drinking, and eating. Apart from its receptive nightlife, it's also a place of authentic artistic expressions as you'll find contemporary art galleries and street art plastered in different parts of the city. Portland has a thriving and exciting nightlife as you'll find everything from loud hip-hop-themed nightclubs and small rock cafes to a variety of unique, excellent home-brewed beers.
- Darcelle XV: When you visit this place, you'll have an exciting Las Vegas-style show of glamour and comedy to enjoy. Serving distinct kinds of amusement and entertainment for more than 50 years now, this unique showplace is a great place to be if you want to experience a stunning display of luxurious cross-dressing, pageantry, and glitz. You'll be glad to visit this showplace at midnight on Fridays and Saturdays because there's an exclusive male strippers show.
- Jack London Revue: It's a haven for pure jazz and it's situated in the ever bubbling downtown Portland. It offers a great combination of a modern mix of new school sounds and vibes and a classic feel of its historic building location. Some of the most talented artists in the city are hosted here weekly and you can come here to enjoy traditional American jazz groove and a wide range of worldwide jazz music. Your inner jazz-loving spirit will get satisfied and refreshed if you visit this place and you'll surely not regret it.
- Sanctuary Club: You can party, meet up, and even hook up at this club and if you would love to hang out with curious individuals, sexually empowered people and if you're a fan of LGBTQ+ communities and alternate lifestyles, this is the right place to be because of the relaxed and fun environment this club exudes. There are private rooms provided here and there's a wide variety of several sex-themed parties as well so, you can feel free to indulge and experience sexual freedom as you live out your wildest fantasies here. However, You have to be at least 21 years old before you can gain entrance to this Portland's exciting club.
- Detox Nightclub: You'll keep bouncing to the music all night long here due to the several electrifying features of this exciting nightclub. You can come here to pick single Portland women of all ages and there's a lot to enjoy here, ranging from the unusual sounds to the stimulating lighting and outstanding local DJ performances. You can enjoy all the thrills of a great night out at this club for it has 21+ bars, exquisite VIP areas, a full mocktail bar, and most importantly; an inviting environment to party hard.
- The Barrel Room: Every weekend, this awesome show bar offers you an exciting National Touring Talent competition and it's the city's unique and longest-running dueling piano show bar. Nestled right in the center of Portland’s Old Town Entertainment District, this club is smoke-free and there are band set performances, music, stand-up comedy, and other request programs featured here.
- Dixie Tavern: The bartenders and staff here are very friendly and you can hit up this place to strike exciting discussions with acquaintances, have great cocktails, enjoy good rock music, and enjoy the laid-back atmosphere. Visit this nightclub on weekdays and you would definitely want to revisit. This massive two-floor club has three different bars and it metamorphoses to a bubbling place with a wild and frenzied atmosphere during the weekend. There isn’t a dull moment here and you can as well enjoy ‘goldfish racing’, karaoke, and some other activities offered at this club every night.
- Goodfoot Pub & Lounge: This fantastic lounge is a great place to be if you want to enjoy nice comedy, dance to music, play pool or pinball games, or drink home-brewed beers. You can enjoy a truly local experience in the city at this club that is perched on a great location in town with its best of art, drinks, music, and food. Ever since this club was established in the year 2001, it has maintained its authentic nightlife feel and it's a great place to spend the night out.
- Holocene: This club is one of the premium nightlife spots in Portland and it offers everything unique from art shows and touring acts to unforgettable parties. There are night activities happening every night and this club comes alive with a lot of interesting things to do. It features a performance area, fantastic video projecting lighting, a state-of-the-art sound system, hand-built modern furnishings, and it has an impressive building.
- 45 East: For a unique and quality nightlife experience in Portland, this is the right place to be. Offering something more beyond the usual and regular nightclub experience, this club is the number one for world-renowned EDM acts in Portland. There's music playing from every angle, there's a spacious dance floor, and you can definitely have a lot of fun here, even though its dance floor is located underground.
- CC Slaughters Nightclub and Lounge: This club features drag queen bartenders, daily happy hour drinking, weekly drag shows, live DJ performances every night, a large, spacious dance floor, and it promises a lot of fun. It's an exciting and ever bubbling nightclub in Portland and it's indeed a sanctuary for people who seek a place to drink and dance, party lovers, and fun-seekers.
Shopping can be a spontaneous stress reliever for some and for others, it could be a recreational activity. There's a unique mix of amazing shopping districts for you to explore in Portland and in some of the pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods, you'll find thrift shops, and you can as well discover luxury boutiques and department stores in the city's downtown area. Here are some of the best shopping malls in the city:
- Cascade Station
- Pioneer Place
- Fubonn Shopping Center
- Jantzen Beach Center
- Washington Square
- Division Crossing Shopping Mall
- Lloyd Center
- Mall 205
- Hayden Meadows Square
- Uptown Shopping Center
There’s never a shortage of ways to explore the outdoors in Portland for the city is home to a sparkling river running through, gorgeous gardens, dozens of verdant public parks, and a sprawling urban forest. Every outdoor enthusiast in this city is covered because Portland has something for everyone; whether you seek a cool spot to get some fresh air or you're a fan of urban hikes, tranquil gardens, or flowers.
- If you love hiking;
- Forest Park
- Washington Park
- If you prefer to swim;
- High Rocks Park
- Oxbow Regional Park
- If you love biking;
- Gateway Green
- Willamette River Loop
- Mountain View Trail
- Marine Drive Trail
- For some nice river rafting;
- Clackamas River
- The Sandy River
- The North Santiam River
- Blue Sky Rafting
- If you fancy kayaking;
- Columbia Slough Watershed
- Lower Hood River
- Tualatin River
- Willamette River
- Clear Lake
- Lost Lake
- Timothy Lake
- Trillium Lake
Here are other cool things to do outdoors in Portland:
- Go on a neighborhood bike tour
- Stand at the top of Mt Tabor and scream
- Taste your way through Portland’s beer scene
- Bike across a bridge
- Try out some food carts
- Visit the Oregon Zoo
- Go to a drive-thru strip club
- Catch some local shows
- Alberta Rose Theater
- The Portland Music Stream
- Get Cultural With Art and Film
- Portland Art Museum
- Disjecta Contemporary Art Center
Universities and Colleges
Portland State University has a student body of nearly 30,000 and it has the second-largest enrollment rate in the city.
Portland is also home to:
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Portland Community College
- University of Portland
Other institutions of higher learning within the city are:
- University of Western States
- Oregon Culinary Institute
- Lewis & Clark Law School
- Northwest Film Center
- The Art Institute of Portland
- National University of Natural Medicine
- Oregon College of Oriental Medicine
- Warner Pacific College
- Cascade College
- Multnomah University
- Linfield College
- Concordia University
- Pacific Northwest College of Art
Portland girls have a lot of exciting attributes and due to their outdoorsy traits, you'll enjoy being in a romantic relationship with them, especially if you love being outdoors.
It's quite easy to find a local girl who will be interested in going on a holiday romance with you and this is simply because of the girls' flair for having fun and spending time out with people they love and appreciate.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Building a successful relationship takes a lot of commitment, patience, and willingness to make things work despite all odds and challenges incurred.
Portland has become one of the most exciting cities in the United States of America and singles will find this city captivating and interesting for there's a good population of singles to hook up with. And, those looking for that special someone have a great opportunity to find love in this city.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
In a city where flings and casual dating are rife amongst the young folks, knowing if she's the one can be a bit confusing but there would definitely be revealing indications that would help in pointing out if she's truly the one for you.
You'll have to present a valid photo ID before you can obtain a marriage license in Oregon which would help you in facilitating your marriage in Portland.
Portland is a great place to get hitched and you'll really love it here because of the lively atmosphere. In accordance with WeddingWire data, the most popular wedding months for couples in the city are July and August but before you go on with your wedding plans, make sure you update yourself with the busy event calendar of the city intensely and put other necessary factors into check.
Portland has an overall casual vibe and a unique personality of its own. Apart from the fact that it's a worthy place for a family vacation, it's also a nice place to raise a family.