Guide for dating in Mississippi helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Mississippian women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Mississippian girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Mississippi. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Mississippi, United States of America.
Girls in Mississippi:
- Looks of girls: 4.2 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4.15 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.7 / 5
Dating in Mississippi:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.3 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.6 / 5
Sex in Mississippi:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.2 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Mississippi:
- Nightlife in general: 3.45 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$100 - $900
- Accommodation: US$20 - $750
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
One of the important things you should know about Mississippian girls is that they do hold the family in high esteem. Once you start dating a local girl in Mississippi, you should actually look forward to meeting her entire clan and not just her parents because family is very important in Mississippi. However, you don't need to worry yourself over the fact that you'll have to meet the family of your Mississippian girl because Southern families are known to be so welcoming and it's just a matter of a short time before you'll start feeling like you're a part of the group. Another important thing you should know about dating Mississippian local girls is that chivalry is pretty awesome and it's still very much alive. So, if you're going on a date with a local Mississippian girl, it's quite important that you put all those chivalrous attitudes into cognizance.
However, it's worthy to send you a short note of warning that you're likely to meet and date local girls in Mississippi who are very religious and churchy, and if you eventually get to meet some of these girls, there's a high probability that your dates may likely consist of Sunday morning church service. A large number of the local girls in Mississippi love being outdoors. While this feature seems to be one that's generally peculiar about American girls, Mississippi girls seem to rock the outdoors better in their own beautiful ways, and from mud riding to fishing, you should be open to your dates being thrilled with an array of outdoor activities if you want to date a local Mississippian girl.
Mississippian girls are pretty tough and this is one of the things that will make you enjoy being outdoors with them because they won't be too girly to get a little bit dirty and just let their hair loose. It's also important for you to know that college football is pretty serious in Mississippi and if you're dating a local girl in Mississippi, you'll definitely have to pick a side, and if you don't want your relationship to hit the rock, it's advisable you pick sides with your Mississippian lady. You're also likely to meet and date Mississippian girls who love hunting as a hobby and evidently, you'll spend a lot of time hunting together if you hook up with one of these girls.
Dating local girls in Mississippi is pretty interesting considering the fact that the girls have good values and they do uphold their traditional lifestyles. And as it is, you'll find Mississippian girls to be very loyal, and since loyalty is in the game, you'll definitely have a good time being in a relationship with Mississippian girls. Another interesting thing you'll love about Mississippian girls is that they can cook! In case you don't know, Mississippian girls are some of the best cooks you can ever find around and you can stay delighted that you'll be treated to some of the best food ever if you end up dating a local Mississippian girl. Aside from the cooking aspect, Mississippian girls are also no strangers to county fairs, and this is actually another factor that increases their value, sort of.
One thing you should know about Mississippian girls is that they're always proud of their state and whether you succeeded in taking your Mississippian lady out of her state or you met a Mississippian girl somewhere and things worked out well between you two and she moved over to your side, know that you definitely can't stop her from visiting her hometown. And with this, there's a high probability that she'll get to introduce you to some of her childhood friends and show you her old stomping grounds.
Dating local girls in Mississippi is usually fun and interesting but one mistake you definitely don't want to commit is to make fun of her home state because irrespective of how much fondness you two might have developed for each other, things could go be over faster than you had imagined or anticipated.
Mississippi does not seem to enjoy too much of a good reputation when it comes to fun and romance. Though it is rich in natural beauty, it seems to be lagging behind in days spots and nightlife compared to other states in the United States, no wonder Insider ranked it as 48th based on romance and fun and 35th based on dating opportunities. However this may sound to you, Mississippi is no way less of a great place to date because your chance of finding a girl in Mississippi to go into a serious relationship with or to date casually is basically dependent on what your game is and the kind of person you are.
Nevertheless, it's important that you know that Mississippi has a strong church base, and this could actually be a good thing for you if you're aiming for the long haul because you won't actually have any problems looking for a local Mississippian girl to go on a serious relationship with once you join a church that fits your style and hey introduced to the social circle through the guys you meet. Howbeit, casual dating is also not totally out of the possible picture. Foremost, you could be lucky to hook up with a lot of foreign students considering the fact that some of the colleges in the state organize frequent extracurricular activities and these foreign students who come around are usually very beautiful and sex-positive. On an additional note, you can as well use dating apps and websites such as Plenty of Fish, Match.com, and Tinder to find hookups and get laid in Mississippi.
Dating in Mississippi can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Mississippi and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Actually, dating local women in Mississippi comes with a series of enjoyments and privileges, sort of, and one of them is not getting to be judged if you're licking your plate at Leatha’s Bar-B-Que. By the time you start dating a local Mississippian woman, there's a high probability that soon enough, your Mississippian sweetheart would take you out to Letha’s to grab some nice barbecue and when you're here, stay relaxed and feel free to temporarily ignore your table manners, and she definitely won't judge you for that. Aside from the nice barbecue you stand to enjoy, driving down past Biloxi to the Mississippi coastline will form your weekend getaway once you start dating a local Mississippian woman and it will be really fun and romantic.
Mississippian women seem to have a thing for blues music and you'll really match faster and even connect better with a Mississippian if you're actually someone who's into blues music too. And evidently, she'll take you to the Mississippi Delta Blues Festival where you can have more of it. Comeback sauce is another thing you'll probably be introduced to if you're dating a woman from Mississippi. Comeback sauce seems to be literally good on everything but then, date a Mississippian woman and have the best experience. One of the reasons why you'll definitely enjoy dating local women in Mississippi is the fact that they're family-oriented. Mississippian women are the kind who hold nothing against settling down and raising a family. Statistics shows that Mississippi has one of the highest birthrates in the United States and a Mississippi partner is totally perfect for you if you seek beyond mere casual dates.
Caring and kind, Mississippian women have Southern Charm in spades. Do you even ever wonder why Mississippi is referred to be the “Hospitality State?” Well, you'll figure out that later by yourself once you're in this state as you'll find the locals ready to take you in and offer you a cup of coffee or even gladly give you the shirt off their back should you feel cold. Dating local women in Mississippi comes with no pressure because these women themselves will help you learn to slow down and enjoy the good life. Unlike other states in the country where virtually everything is fast-paced, keeping your shoulders tense is totally out of the picture if you're dating a local in this state because you'll gradually get used to the slower routine for Mississippi moves about as slow as that lovely Mississippi drawl.
You'll also be introduced to lazy Magnolia if you're dating a local Mississippian woman and you'll bid goodbye to other watery beer. Relaxing and refreshing with a watery Miller Light is something you'll get to enjoy doing with your Mississippian lady as you kick back and talk about your day. Mississippian women are actually the kind you can take home to your momma but then, extended family is super important if you're dating a woman from Mississippi. That is, you'll have to be a part of her clan and before you can get in, you'll have to impress her few cousins, granny, gramps, dad, mom, and even though it may be a bit challenging and overwhelming, you'll be glad if you're able to make a good impression and get welcomed to the clan because this signifies a totally smooth sailing for you.
Steak dinners are not something you should really look forward to if you're dating a local Mississippian woman because she will show you the best way to go is always a hearty catfish dinner and you'll probably get to forget all about the steak. However, it's important for you to know that Mississippi has one of the highest religious populations in the country, and the local women in this state stick to their religious convictions. Looking at the fact that Mississippi is right in the heart of the Bible Belt, the odds are high that there will always be something to do on a Sunday morning when you're dating a Mississippian woman.
Rounding off, have it registered in your consciousness that one lovely tradition in the state you can carry on through your golden years with your Mississippian lover is rocking on the porch at the end of a long day with a pitcher of sweet tea. And, speaking of the looks of the local women in Mississippi, there's a sizeable number of African Americans in Mississippi, a good number of White Americans plus you'll come across a couple of American Indians and Asian Americans as well.
Mississippian Girls (age 18 - 29)
Dating Mississippian girls of this age range can be pretty interesting but you'll definitely have to put a few things into cognizance and one which is very important is to be a Southern gentleman. If you actually desire to enjoy dating these girls, you'll actually have to charm their parents because there's a high chance that their parents will know about the relationship; even if it's a casual or a serious one, and it's quite important that you know how to give a firm handshake and be confident without being arrogant.
More so, it's very important that you keep your intentions set straight if you want to date these girls because you don't actually need to form super serious when you know you won't really be around for the long haul. But, if your plan is to stay longer, you have nothing to be worried about because they're family-oriented plus you must be ready to spend lots of time with her big, loud family without complaining - place her mom at the top, and as well prioritize her family. To include, it's important for you to know that some of these girls can be very stubborn and detest admitting to being wrong, and you may actually learn to compromise by saying sorry first if you value what you've got and actually don't want things to crash off. Though these girls are southern belles, they're also handy and know a couple of things about wiring and plumbing, and they'll also expect you to be a handy man as well.
Mississippian Women (age 30 - 45)
There are nine common stereotypes of these women you're likely to meet and date in Mississippi. The first one is the Lifer. This woman has lived in Mississippi all her life and there's no way she's living elsewhere. The second one is the Transplant; she went from being a tourist to a lifelong resident. The third one is the Southern Belle. She exhibits nothing but class and manners and this is one of her selling points. The fourth one is the Oil Rig Worker and she's probably working offshore. The fifth one is the farmer. It's actually not difficult to meet a farmer in Mississippi because the state is home to a number of farmers and the agriculture industry is a huge part of the state.
The sixth one is the Sports Fanatic. She's a diehard sports lover and if you won't support her choice of team, don't bother to disturb yourself. The seventh one is the Music Buff. Music lovers are plentiful in Mississippi; maybe it's the rich musical heritage or the fact that it's the birthplace of both the Blues and Elvis. The eighth one is the Hunter. You'll meet this woman often hunting or going hunting and if you want to date her, hopefully, you shouldn't be bored with her unending hunting talks. The ninth one is the Literary Lover. Mississippi attracts literary lovers from all over the place and a lot of writers were actually born in this state.
Mississippian Ladies (age 45+)
Looking for cougars and older ladies to date in Mississippi can actually be pretty challenging but then, it's actually easy to hook up with Mississippi cougars and older ladies because they love having fun and they enjoy a diverse lifestyle as well. Guys who are hoping to date cougars and older ladies in Mississippi should prepare themselves for a good treat because these women are Southern belles with a personable charm. Nevertheless, it's actually not difficult to meet single older women in Mississippi because most of them tend to congregate, and if you don't find them where they're unwinding with good food and drinks, you'll find them scouting for green buys at Whole Family Nutrition & Market or enjoying a shopping spree at Northpark.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Mississippi is actually a nice place to date foreign girls. From the tourists to the college girls, you'll find ample foreigners to approach in the state and with most of them being laid-back, you should not find it herculean to connect with some of them.
It's worthy to point out that the fact that a number of the locals here are religious doesn't clearly mean you can't find a local girl in Mississippi to get laid with. Mississippian girls love to have fun, most of them are open to casual dating and casual sex, and cities like Laurel, Greenville, Ocean Springs, Clarksdale, Jackson, Cleveland, Natchez, and Hattiesburg are regarded to be some of the easiest places to get laid in Mississippi.
While it's pretty glaring to all that Mississippi is home to a lot of religious folks, one would admit that there's a good number of sexually conservative women but there are as well lots of local ladies in the state who are cool with keeping it all casual.
Finding one-night stands in Mississippi may be quite overwhelming and this is actually resulting from the fact that Mississippi does not have that kind of "nightlife atmospheric vibe" as you'll find in other major states but not to worry, you can still, of course, count on some of the nightlife venues in the state to get a one-night stand with Mississippian girls.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Fondly referred to as the Hospitality State by many, Mississippi is situated in the Deep South region of the United States and it enjoys close proximity to the Gulf of Mexico and a few other states in the United States of America which include Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Tennessee. Of all the fifty states in the United States of America, Mississippi is the 34th-most populous and the 32nd largest. Jackson is both the state's capital and largest city, and with the state's population of over 2 million residents, one would be in accordance that there's no shortage of single girls to hook up with in Mississippi, and the Southern charm of the girls is another good factor to leverage on.
Restaurants are one of the best places to meet single women in Mississippi. Remember the part where it was mentioned that Mississippian women have a thing for barbecue and they do give their romantic partners the willingness to ditch their manners at these spots? Good! (I love the fact that you've been following quite well), and one of the nice places the locals visit to grab something nice and yummy is The Pig & Pint.
- The Pig & Pint is where the local women in Mississippi visit to enjoy a full menu of drinks and delicious barbecue. You definitely need to have some barbecue in your diet if you’re in the South but this nice spot doesn't just offer you good drinks and bites, it provides a platform of opportunity where you can mingle with the pretty women around you. There's no snooty, upscale dress codes and uptightness at this place because it's a total laid-back spot
Grocery stores are another quality places where you can meet single women in Mississippi and this is because a large number of the local women in Mississippi love cooking and evidently, they'll have to go shop for the ingredients they'll use to cook.
- In regards to this, the local Mississippi Farmers Market is one place you definitely won't want to miss checking out on. It’s the biggest of its kind in the state, the space spans 18,000 square feet with 32 stalls, and there's plenty of room to meet single local girls here.
- If you desire to try out another alternative that's definitely worth the while, you should definitely check out the local Whole Foods Market. This local upscale grocery store is no doubt one of the unexpected places to meet single Mississippian girls but you'll definitely enjoy coming here because there's less competition here for it's a low-pressure environment. And, you can feel free to come here between the hours of 8 in the morning to 9 in the evening from Monday to Sunday.
Generally, going outdoors is one thing American girls love and if you are in the mood to enjoy nature, catch some fresh air, or take a stroll, you might really want to check out some of the parks in the state. Parks, these days, have gone beyond just recreational or relaxing spots because they do offer opportunities that can help you connect with single local American ladies.
- Roosevelt State Park in Morton
- Wall Doxey State Park in Holly Springs
- Tombigbee Lake State Park in Tupelo
- Legion State Park in Louisville
- Buccaneer State Park in Waveland
There are actually loads of other places you can check out to meet single girls in Mississippi. From the malls to the Downtown areas and the shops close-by to some of the colleges in town, you'll often get to find a lot of pretty girls walking by during the day - you just need to position yourself well, actually.
And, if you ever feel the stress of going here and there is getting into you, you might want to use online dating sites to meet single girls in Mississippi, and good luck to you!
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Are you in Mississippi looking for where to enjoy drinking, clubbing, listening to interesting live music, and possibly pick up single local Mississippian girls at nighttime? Here are a few spots we recommend you check out;
- Hideaway in Jackson: Providing an upbeat dance club vibe all night long, this club has excellent national concert level sound and light system and a large dance floor. It offers a safe and clean atmosphere, and there are beer bars, full liquor, and live music featured at this upbeat club which is Jackson's premier nightlife destination. Corporate events, birthdays, receptions, project graduations, weddings, and other events are also hosted here. Its late nite restaurant also offers some of the best bar food for its guests.
- The Crossing Bar and Grill in Olive Branch: If you seek a spot where you'll find the party and laughter going well into the night, this laidback and intimate venue is a great venue to check out. Boasting everything from a stage for live music and pool tables to darts and quality entertainment overall, this awesome dive bar is very spacious and you'll always want to revisit once you pay a visit. Come here on Tuesdays to wow the pretty ladies at karaoke, there's trivia nights on Wednesdays, and on Friday and Saturday, you'll find the DJs taking control of the dance floor plus there are live bands performing here too. Make sure you try out its chili-topped nachos before you leave.
- Martin’s Downtown in Jackson: This old-school joint will spice up your love life and if you seek stellar music, drinks, and food, find your way here. This venue has a very welcoming ambiance and locals seeking a retro lounge environment where they can enjoy having a stiff drink love patronizing this bar. Nevertheless, take note that the crowd here can be pretty intense but you can also enjoy smoking here. From ribeye steaks and chicken wings to the freshly cooked burgers, make sure you don’t hold back on its homecooked grilled eats because the food here is a highlight. There's live music and specials here every day of the week.
- Eight75 Lounge in Biloxi: This nightlife venue has an upscale and sophisticated vibe and it's situated at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino. It has an intimate setting with its lights down low and it's a good option to consider if you seek a spot where you can enjoy dancing because it can get a little loud in here. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are the best nights to visit here.
- The Apothecary at Brent’s Drugs in Jackson: This venue has a speakeasy/Prohibition kind of vibe, it's a hidden gem, a great spot to mingle and pick up single local Mississippian women, and it's situated at the back of a drugstore in downtown Jackson. There are lots of specialty cocktails for you to try here and the good part of it all is that you can buy more drinks as you want because it’s not terribly expensive. However, if you'll be coming here, make sure you dress appropriately and do well to drop by on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.
- Mix & Mingle in Biloxi: It's a one-stop-shop and it's situated in the Harrah’s Casino in Biloxi. Head to this venue if you're looking for a place that has everything. Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays are the best nights to visit here, and you can as well enjoy picking up single Mississippian women here. You'll find the vibe here relaxed and you can as well chill at the casino.
- Thirsty Hippo in Hattiesburg: The vibe here is very youthful and you'll surely have a good time if you visit here. A bar with live music like this enjoys good attention from a lot of the locals and it's a great place to relax and mingle. There’s plenty of space to dance if that’s your thing, there's a full bar, and you can catch a live show here. Howbeit, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are the best nights to stop by here.
- Freelons Bar and Groove in Jackson: Guests here can enjoy an outside patio to gather with friends and guests, five illustrious projector screens, state of the art sound and lights, and the exclusive VIP seating. This nightclub has a seasonal patio, lounges, spacious dance floors, three bars, and it's situated in 11,000-square feet. It's Mississippi's number one party spot and entertainment venue and it offers one of the best nightlife experiences. This club hosts many exclusive parties, concerts, special events, and has welcomed special performances from Yo Gotti, Chingy, Yung Joc, David Banner, Lil Wayne, Eric Benet, and a host of others.
- Pop's Saloon in Jackson: Do you seek a place to meet Mississippians in a friendly atmosphere and relax as well? Here is a nice place to be. It has a wide selection of beer and it features a mechanical bull, pool, band, live music, and a dance floor. It hosts the Ballard journey show, karaoke party, pop fiction, and offers its guests an opportunity to enjoy cool country music.
- Smoot’s Grocery in Natchez: This live music venue exerts pride in showcasing local talent and bringing in artists from all corners. It overlooks the Mighty Mississippi and it's in the historical heart of downtown Natchez right beside Steampunk Coffee Roasters on the corner of Broadway Street and High Street.
Here are some of the best places to shop in Mississippi;
- Edgewater Mall in Biloxi
- Outlets of Mississippi in Pearl
- The Mall at Barnes Crossing in Tupelo
- Northpark in Ridgeland
- Turtle Creek Mall in Hattiesburg
- Renaissance at Colony Park in Ridgeland
- Southaven Towne Center in Southaven
- Highland Village Shopping Center in Jackson
- The Promenade in D'Iberville
- Southwest Shopping Center in McComb
From one-of-a-kind canoe trips to the hiking trails that lead to unforgettable places, there are lots of things to do and places to visit in Mississippi with a perfect backdrop for an array of outdoor activities created by the gorgeous scenery and varying terrain of the state’s regions.
- Clark Creek Nature Area, Woodville
- Red Bluff, near Foxworth
- Tishomingo State Park, Tishomingo
- J.P. Coleman State Park, Iuka
- Merit Water Park, south of D’Lo
- Old Cove, Eupora
- Logtown Scenic Byway, near Bay St. Louis
- The Riverfront Trail, Natchez
- Little Mountain Trail, Ackerman
- Pascagoula River Audubon Center, Pascagoula
Universities and Colleges
Some of the universities and colleges in Mississippi include;
- Jackson State University - Jackson
- Mississippi State University - Starkville
- Blue Cliff College - Gulfport
- Coahoma Community College - Clarksdale
- Alcorn State University - Lorman
- Delta State University - Cleveland
- Madison University - Gulfport
- Meridian Community College - Meridian
- Rust College - Holly Springs
- Tougaloo College - Tougaloo
- University of Southern Mississippi - Hattiesburg
- Belhaven University - Jackson and Madison
- Mississippi College - Clinton
Mississippian girls are Southern Belles and going into a romantic relationship with local girls in Mississippi can be a good decision to make considering the fact that the girls have good values and they do uphold their traditional lifestyles. And as it is, you'll find Mississippian girls to be very loyal.
Finding a local girl in Mississippi to go on a holiday romance with may be somewhat challenging but then, looking at the fact that some of the girls in the state can be down for something casual, finding a holiday romance in Mississippi should be pretty much feasible.
Tips for Successful Relationship
A relationship can enjoy good success if you;
- Build trust
- Groom yourself to become a good listener
- Engage in a hobby or activity together with your partner
- Show gestures of love
- Maintain financial peace
- Show support for your partner
- Apologize when you're wrong
The Hospitality State is a very good place to find love and fall in love with pretty Southern Belles as well.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
You can actually get to know if she's the one through how you feel about her, how she makes you feel, the acceptance from her family, and how she fits you in in her sets of priorities.
Lovebirds who desire to get married in Mississippi must be 21 years of age and visit the local county Circuit Clerk's office to apply in person for a marriage license.
Whether your desire is to hold your wedding in the heart of a vibrant city like Jackson or by the shore of a lake, Mississippi has something to suit just about every wedding style as it offers all from wonderful rustic venues to historical sites and it does have it all when it comes to weddings.
Mississippi is filled with amazing cities and it's a wonderful place to live and raise a family.