Guide for dating in Minnesota helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Minnesotan women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Minnesotan girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Minnesota. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Minnesota, United States of America.
Girls in Minnesota:
- Looks of girls: 4.3 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.9 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.95 / 5
Dating in Minnesota:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.65 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.6 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4.15 / 5
Sex in Minnesota:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.6 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.5 / 5
More about Minnesota:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$100- $1,000
- Accommodation: US$20 - $800
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
One of the important things you should know if you want to date a local girl in Minnesota is that you must be truly nice because they themselves are. Minnesotan girls don't seem to fancy guys who are the total opposite of nice but mind you, don't be clouded with the perception that these girls can be thoroughly nice as well but the thing is just that they won’t be overt in their insults and this is basically what their niceness centers around. Your skill in being able to adeptly interpret sarcasm and passive-aggressiveness will also come very handy when you're dating a local Minnesotan girl and this is simply because of the nature of Minnesotan girls.
If you're dating a girl from Minnesota, there's a high chance that you'll be meeting her parents soon enough but then, hotdish will probably be involved. Minnesota is a beautiful state and you'll even find the girls here to be more beautiful, and with a Minnesotan girl by your side, you should prepare yourself for some trips up north to the lake. You should also prepare to enjoy some nice boat cruise when you're dating a local Minnesotan girl and if you know you're the kind of person who has a phobia for boats, you'd better do something about that. One of the reasons why you'll enjoy dating local girls in Minnesota is that Minnesotan girls are very loyal. Loyalty is something you will never struggle for if you're dating a Minnesotan lady and you can stay assured that you'll end up with a Minnesotan girl if she really likes you because she'll give you that full attention.
However, you're likely to meet and date local girls in Minnesota who love craft beer a lot. If you date some of these girls, you'd better be ready to drink a lot of beer because you two will definitely be having a lot of fun time together and for these girls, fun equals good beer. Just as you'll meet girls who are a great fan of craft beer, you'll also meet and date Minnesotan girls who fancy ice cream a lot, and with the plenty of ice cream shops in different parts of the state, you already know that feeding your Minnesotan girl with some nice ice cream is something you definitely shouldn't miss out on. More so, you're likely to meet and date local girls in Minnesota who love fried foods as well and the thing about these girls is that you'll have to ready yourself for years of the Minnesota state fair.
Minnesotan girls are tough! Shall we speak of their tough skin against the cold or speak of their strong and wonderful minds? Minnesotan girls are no doubt a tough breed because they've always been through worse and you shouldn't complain too much about the cold when you're with your Minnesotan girl. In addition, you should also know that you're likely to meet and date girls who grew up on a farm. But as it is, most of these girls are usually from the suburbs, sort of, and because you're likely to meet and date girls in Minnesota who grew up on a farm doesn't mean that all the girls you'll meet here know a thing or two about farming.
Once you start dating a girl from Minnesota, one activity you definitely can't avoid is apple picking. In fact, it's pretty much inevitable because the local girls in this state love enjoying this activity with someone they have a soft spot for. Remember when it was mentioned that you're likely to meet the family of your Minnesotan girl anytime soon once you start dating? Good. Another thing you'll have to prepare for when you're meeting her family is the stereotypical accent of one of her family members but this shouldn't in any way worry you though.
Minnesotan girls love drinking a lot and even though it has been noted that some of the local girls in the state have a thing for craft beer, you shouldn't just be surprised if your Minnesotan lover drinks you and anyone you know under the table. Minnesotan girls are a rare gem and one thing you shouldn't do if you're dating a local Minnesotan girl is to berate her state or insult her city because she'll definitely come for you fully and take you down. Conclusively, you'll actually enjoy dating local girls in Minnesota because Minnesotan girls are usually humble and often appealing in all ways.
There's no doubt about the fact that Minnesota is made for lovers. Speaking of its thriving economy, ample cultural events, friendly residents, and beautiful scenery, you'll find Minnesota to be a great place to date and you'll definitely enjoy being single in this state. In fact, you can't stay single for long in this state because there's a large number of singles in this state, there's a low divorce rate, and even those who divorce are prone to remarrying as soon as they can. The dating odd in Minnesota is good and just like most other modern places, you'll find online dating sites to be very active here.
Millennials in Minnesota looking for dates and hookups in Minnesota can count on online dating sites like Tinder especially and a few others like OkCupid and Match.com. While it's agreeable that dating in Minnesota is fun and there's a tendency for some of the girls to keep things pretty casual, cities like Minneapolis, Bloomington, Rochester, Burnsville, Roseville, and Moorhead are known to be some of the best cities for dating in Minnesota due to their plenty of places to meet singles, lots of singles, and good population density.
Sugar dating is one of the best ways to find a date in 2022. Men who are willing to buy gifts for sugar babies, will get physical or emotional pleasure for a return. Take a look of the wide selection of girls from SecretBenefits.
Dating in Minnesota can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Minnesota and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Minnesotan women seem to be the inventors of "nice". The local women in this state are very nice and if you've ever been to this state or heard a thing or two about Minnesotan women, you'll be in accordance that virtually everyone confirms this nice attitude of the locals. But even so, the fact that they're nice doesn't mean they don't get mad when something pisses them off but you'll actually never question the Minnesota nice label again when you do a comparison of the women's attitudes on their worst days to the attitude of a New Yorker. Minnesotan women are very romantic and you stand to enjoy a lot of "lake romance" when you're dating a local woman in Minnesota.
Minnesota is home to over 10,000 lakes and going on romantic days out on the lake is something you should look forward to if you're dating a woman from Minnesota. Have you heard of Al’s Breakfast? Well, this is actually one of the popular places in Minneapolis; It's easily the best place for breakfast, brunch, and all things waffle in not just Minnesota alone but the country at large, and you and your Minnesotan women will get to have more of this. Minnesotan women are very loyal! As a matter of fact, loyalty runs deep in Minnesotan blood, and you can stay rest assured that your Minnesotan woman will never leave you behind, and she'll always stick by you through thick and thin.
Minnesotan women love the Minnesota state fair and with several deep-fried food available during this 12 days of festive, you can count on your Minnesotan sweetheart to help you keep going, and you definitely won't like to miss it, and even if you intend to, she'll drag you. Minnesota is a nice place where you can enjoy the snow and make a lot of fun out of it. So, dating a local woman in Minnesota is more like finding yourself a partner with whom you can enjoy ice fishing, ice skating, tubing, cross-country skiing, sledding, and many more with. Just like the girls in the state, Minnesotan women love everything sweet. With spots like Crema Café, Grand Ole Creamery, Pumphouse Creamery, Izzy’s, Sebastian Joe’s, and a host of others, don't forget to sweeten up the life of your Minnesotan lady with fine ice cream because her blood type is Type O Sugar.
Nevertheless, let this not make you think that Minnesotan women are girly because they clearly aren't for they're not concerned with makeup or fashion, they can change their own tire, and they're likely not afraid of snakes considering the fact that they're outdoorsy. Still, this doesn't totally invalidate the possibility of you meeting a Minnesotan woman who could be girly but there's a high chance that she won’t be a very high-maintenance. From a general observation, one could notice that Minnesotan women are the kind who don't involve themselves in shouting and loud conversation for they seem to be physically quieter, more reserved, and quieter in general.
Minnesotan women are very polite and they're always willing to extend a helping hand to anyone around them who needs it and this gesture of theirs might not necessarily mean that they do like you, they just love helping out. Minnesotan women are very hardworking and they're used to spending a lot of time outdoors. So, if you want to date a local woman in Minnesota, you'd better be ready to enjoy a lot of outdoor exposure be it during the summer or winter. Minnesotan women take pride in being from Minnesota. At times, they do brag about the fact that they can survive the winters in the state but they are often proud of their fellow Minnesotans and they're proud to call Minnesota home. The local women in Minnesota are renowned to be nice but their passive-aggressiveness is one thing one may have to watch out for. Most of the local women you'll meet and date in Minnesota are Whites but you'll also meet quite a few African Americans, American Indians, Asians, and Hispanics.
Minnesotan Girls (age 18 - 29)
Dating Minnesotan girls of this age range comes with a whole lot of special romantic packages and this is why being with them is actually a fun and interesting thing to do. These girls are very polite, humble, and nice. However, as earlier said, you definitely won't love to take these girls' niceness for granted because they definitely won't hesitate to kick you hard. You'll definitely have a fun time dating Minnesotan girls of this age range because they love spending a lot of time outdoors and they'll always drag you out just to go have a fun time outside together. With most of them being loyal, you definitely won't have to stress over them staying real and true with you, and the fact that they're low maintenance further affirms their specialness and increase their value as a worthy set of amazing girls to go into a relationship with.
Minnesotan Women (age 30 - 45)
Dating Minnesotan women of this age range is also fun and interesting but then, there are a few things you must be ready to cope with and one of them is that you have to be prepared to stay active. Most of these Minnesotan women don't really fancy the idea of spending every day in front of a screen became it's actually not really their thing and if you want to be with them, you'd better be set to join them in hiking Minnehaha Falls, running the Chain of Lakes, or cruising around town on a Nice Ride cycle.
Another thing you should also know is that there will never be such a thing as "too cold" outside when you're dating these women. This basically points out the reality that the cold weather just can't cool off their dating lives because they will always have something fun to do outside such as snow tubing at Buck Hill, having beers outside at the Beer Dabbler Winter Carnival, or snowshoeing at the Loppet Festival, and it's important that you're able to follow suit. The weather in Minnesota may be brutally cold but trust me, the women are definitely not because they're very nice. These women also find the local restaurant and beer scene to be very impressive and evidently, there will be a lot of eating and drinking when you're dating these women.
Minnesotan Ladies (age 45+)
Minnesota has residents scattered across its different regions and it's dotted with many natural wonders. No doubt, Minnesota has a favorable number of beautiful cougars and older ladies but then, meeting Minnesotan cougars and hooking up with sexy older ladies in Minnesota could be a bit difficult due to the nature of the state. Howbeit, dating Minnesota cougars and older ladies in Minnesota comes with less stress because these women exude a friendly vibe and you'll always enjoy their company anytime any day.
One of the things you'll find adorable about these Minnesotan ladies is their lovely accent but then you must never make a joke about this if you don't want the tides to turn against your favor. These local older ladies love the music scene in the state and they find it to be undeniably incredible and consequentially, dating these women means that you have to be ready to enjoy good music with them, and since there's no shortage of amazing music all over town, you'll always get to meet and hook up with them effortlessly at some of the music venues, bars, and restaurants because they love good food and good drinks too.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
The Twin Cities in Minnesota receive a good number of visitors every year and as of the year 2017, more than 33 million people were recorded to have visited the metro area. Thus, guys hoping to date more tourist girls in Minnesota would have more pick at the Twin Cities due to the increasing number of visitors yearly, and with the plentiful colleges and universities in the state, there's evidently no shortage of college girls to hook up with in Minnesota as well.
Getting laid with Minnesotan girls is actually not a difficult thing to do because the local girls in this state have a very friendly vibe, most of them hold nothing against casual sex, and guys who are able to relate with them better will have more chances of getting laid. However, even though getting laid in Minnesota is not considered to be a nerve-wracking task, cities like Brainerd, Richfield, Anoka, New Brighton, Minneapolis, Northfield, Bemidji, and Winona are regarded to be some of the easiest places to get laid in Minnesota due to their population density, the number of married people, lively nightlife, and the plentiful single ladies around.
Casual sex is pretty common in Minnesota with most of the locals being liberal when it comes to sex. However, you're bound to meet a number of conservative people when you're outside the major metropolitan areas in the state.
Having a one-night stand in Minnesota is not actually difficult because there are loads of liberal people in this state and the whole nightlife scene and venues tend to help facilitate getting one-night stands in Minnesota.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Fondly referred to as the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" because it is home to many lakes, Minnesota is situated in the Upper Midwest, Great Lakes, and northern regions of the United States and it's one of the best-educated and wealthiest in the United States of America plus its standard of living index is among the highest in the country. Of all the states in the United States of America, Minnesota is the 22nd most populous and the 12th largest in area. Meeting and hooking up with single girls in Minnesota is actually not a mission impossible but one can as well say that its feasibility and easiness increase depends on where you are. For example, the Minneapolis–Saint Paul metropolitan area which is popularly referred to as the "Twin Cities" hosts close to 55% of the residents in the state and evidently, one would agree that meeting single Minnesotan girls cannot be difficult in a place like this.
Meeting Minnesotan single women is not actually an impossible or herculean task because if you check some of the Downtown areas in the cities, you'll find a lot of pretty girls passing by. Clearly, virtually all the Downtown areas in the state have more to offer in meeting and hooking up with single Minnesotan girls because of the quality foot traffic they receive during the day and at nighttime.
Considering the fact that the local women in Minnesota love eating and drinking, restaurants are great spots where you can always meet single women in Minnesota. With most of them having a good nightlife, they're great spots to meet and connect with single local Minnesotan ladies both during the day and at nighttime.
- Situated in Excelsior (near Shorewood), Maynard’s is a great spot to meet single Minnesotan women because it receives good traffic of women due to the fact that it offers wonderful romantic views of Lake Minnetonka, a pleasant atmosphere, and good food. If the weather is good, you'll definitely meet a lot of people here because the crowd here can be pretty massive.
- Rinata in Uptown Minneapolis is another alternative restaurant you can check out to meet single Minnesotan women. With its dimly-lit and quiet setting, this bar and restaurant offers an atmosphere that's perfect for meeting single women and it also has a full bar and a fantastic Italian menu. One of these days, come here for dinner and socialize with the pretty women around here.
Museums are also excellent places to meet single women in Minnesota and a nice one you can check out is the Walker Art Museum. This museum is a great spot to be if you're actually open to meeting Minnesotan women who are intellectual and it's often easy to strike up a conversation here as there are lots of exhibits around you can talk about.
The local women in Minnesota love spending a lot of time outdoors and one of the outdoors spots where you can meet single women in Minnesota is Minnehaha Park. If you have a dog, you can bring it for a stroll or you can just come enjoy the nice views here, or perhaps, just take a walk.
Mall of America is another quality spot where you can meet and connect with single local girls in Minnesota. Aside from the fact that malls are generally regarded to be places where you can meet pretty girls, this particular mall is known to stand out from other malls you'll find around because it's one of the best, the largest, and the most crowded in the country plus it receives heavy traffic during the day.
You can also meet a good number of single Minnesotan girls at the gyms and since there are tons of different ones around, signing up for membership at any of the nice ones close-by can also help you meet more single ladies in Minnesota.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
From bars and restaurants to clubs, you'll find a lot of nightlife spots in Minnesota where you can enjoy spending your night out.
- Bacio in Minnetonka: Situated very close to the Ridgedale Shopping Center, this venue is known to be visited by the locals in the city who have a good taste in food and wine. After a round of weekend shopping, you'll meet a lot of people coming here, and there are as well others who come for after-work dinner with friends. This Italian restaurant is not always noisy despite the fact that it's always crowded and it has a classy yet relaxing atmosphere with its cozy booth seats, brick walls, and elegant arches. More so, it's renowned to have one of the best outdoor patios in the whole of the state.
- Danny’s Bar in Stillwater: it's one of the best golf course restaurants you'll ever find around and it's situated inside StoneRidge Golf Club in Stillwater. Boasting plenty of space between tables and a comfortable and softly lit ambiance, this venue also offers you the opportunity to enjoy people-watching at its stone patio. The setting here is always beautiful irrespective of whenever you visit because you'll be kept warm with the fireplace inside during winter and you can mingle and relax at the patio in summer. You can as well come here on Friday and Saturday to enjoy live music.
- Mancini’s Char House in Minneapolis-Saint Paul: Mancini’s can pass off as a long-ago supper club due to its red leather upholstery and the cabaret-type stage that help it maintain a retro appearance. This old-fashioned steak house will make you feel like you’ve been transported back to the 70s once you enter and it has actually been around for more than 70 years. It’s incredibly atmospheric here and you'll find both popular local bands and national touring acts performing here with live music five nights a week at the lounge.
- Ground Zero Nightclub in Minneapolis: There's something exciting happening here almost every weekend. This club is the right place to be if you're a fan of the macabre and spooky. There are bondage shows every Saturday and some gothic horror-inspired theme on Friday nights. And at times, there are Harry Potter-themed parties hosted here. With its rocking music, groovy lighting, and decorations, you won't definitely regret coming here.
- Prohibition in Minneapolis: Looking for where to enjoy drinks and intimate conversation in a more refined atmosphere? Look no further than this Minneapolis hotspot because it offers a more upscale version of the standard bar scene. This speakeasy-type bar is a favored spot for some of the locals here and it's situated in downtown Minneapolis. Make sure you dress appropriately before coming here and Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday are the best nights to visit.
- Redstone American Grill in Maple Grove, Eden Prairie, and Minnetonka: This venue has branches in these three different cities in Minnesota and it's a great place to drink both at daytime and at nighttime. Offering a menu full of awesome food options and a full bar, this establishment also gives you the opportunity to enjoy a nice day outside if you're able to secure a seat on the patio.
- Kitty Cat Klub in Minneapolis: Charging itself with the responsibility and goal of providing a respectful and inclusive atmosphere that is free from bigotry, violent behavior, discrimination, hate, and harassment, this club situated in a funky, bohemian environment offers a small bar menu, drinks, and live bands. There are happy hour specials at this brick-lined hangout and there are special events like Tourniquet, The Telescopes, New Locals, Purr, and Deep After Dark conducted here.
- Barrio Tequila Bar in the St. Paul Area: The exciting atmosphere and the plethora of people available to mingle with here are some of the things you'll love about it. This bar is a great place to be if you want to enjoy awesome drinks, bust some moves in a dance-friendly space, and be replenished with great food. If you’re in the St. Paul area and you're not here, you're really missing out a lot because there are tequila shots and pleasant meals such as the flank steak and the Yucatan chicken to enjoy here.
- Cowboy Jack’s in Bloomington: Don't be deceived by the fact that this Old-West-style saloon is as no-frills as it gets because this hidden gem situated outside of St. Cloud offers everything from a fun crowd and delicious food to plentiful drinks. The crowd here is pretty mixed as you'll find party people, bikers, and mature Minnesotan women but you can as well enjoy people-watching and the fun here kick-starts later in the night which is actually the best time to visit.
- 331 Club in Minneapolis: There are new musicians and artists hosted at this club every week. It calls itself a ‘friendly neighborhood bar’ and it's a great place to shake a leg to rocking live music. There are no cover charges here and you should include this venue on your list of must-visit spots.
Shopping is an enjoyable activity and here are some of the best shopping malls in Minnesota;:
- Mall of America in Bloomington
- Ridgedale Center in Minnetonka
- Southdale Center in Edina
- The Shoppes at Arbor Lakes in Maple Grove
- Rosedale Center in Roseville
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Apache Mall in Rochester
- Woodbury Lakes in Woodbury
- Eden Prairie Center in Eden Prairie
- Galleria Edina in Edina
From underground excursions to stunning hikes, there are loads of places in Minnesota to satisfy your adventurous spirit whether you're looking to get thrilled, seeking a new experience, or you’re feeling a little restless at the end of winter.
- Niagara Cave
- Judge C. R. Magney State Park
- Portsmouth Mine Pit
- Itasca State Park
- The Kettle River (or any MN river)
- The St. Croix River
- Blue Mounds State Park
- Grand Marais
- Upper Sioux Agency State Park
- Superior Hiking Trail (SHT)
- The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- Voyageurs National Park
- The Mississippi National River and Recreation Area
Universities and Colleges
Minnesota is home to almost 200 post-secondary institutions and some of the universities and colleges in the state include;
- Bemidji State University
- Concordia University
- Century College
- Metropolitan State University
- Martin Luther College
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- Minnesota State College Southeast
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- St. Cloud State University
- Saint Paul College
- University of Minnesota Duluth
Minnesotan girls have a set of qualities that make going into a romantic relationship with them worth the while; they're nice, caring, sweet, and love being outdoors.
There's a high chance of finding a local girl in Minnesota to go on a holiday romance with.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Here are a few tips that can help you build a healthy and successful relationship in Minnesota:
- Don't lose your sense of humor
- Be kind, caring, and vulnerable
- Be open to new things and learn to step out of your comfort zone
- Be her dream come true
- Be honest, open, and real
- Help your partner to blossom into what she desires to be
- Respect each others' values and families
- Spend more time with each other
There's a great chance of finding true and real love in Minnesota considering the fact that the state has a low rate of divorce and the locals are often open to giving love.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
Most times, it's always easy to decode if she's the one not just based on how nice she is to you and your family but through the kind of disposition she has towards "forever" with you.
Those interested in getting married in Minnesota must be at least 16 years old with parental consent and obtain their marriage license.
Couples in Minnesota prefer semi-formal or black tie events and whether you seek a traditional ballroom in the city or a rustic venue on a lake, Minnesota provides stunning backdrops for a wedding as it's nestled in the Upper Midwest and it has a variety of wedding venues stretching across the state from Mankato and Fergus Falls to St. Cloud and the Twin Cities.
In accordance with a study from WalletHub, Minnesota ranks as the No. 1 place to raise a family in the country due to its safety and health, higher household incomes, and lower divorce rates.