Dating in Memphis and meeting single girls is fun! You just need to know the basic steps how to date Tennessean women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Tennessean girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Memphis, Tennessee, United States of America.
Girls in Memphis:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.7 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.6 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4 / 5
Dating in Memphis:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.8 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.6 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 4 / 5
Sex in Memphis:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.65 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.4 / 5
More about Memphis:
- Nightlife in general: 4.1 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 3.7 / 5
- Budget per day: US$60 - $400
- Accommodation: US$10 - $300
- 1 Dating Tennessean Girls in Memphis
- 2 Women in Memphis
- 3 Sex with Tennessean Girls in Memphis
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls in Memphis
- 5 Relationship in Memphis
- 6 Love in Memphis
- 7 Marriage in Memphis
- 8 See Also
Dating Tennessean Girls in Memphis
Situated along the Mississippi River in southwestern Shelby County, Memphis is the 26th largest city in the United States of America, the second most populous in Tennessee, and the largest city on the Mississippi River. Girls who stem from this city have a lot of unique things about them, which, of course, rings their peculiarities amongst other sets of girls you're likely to come across in the United States. Guys who want to date local girls from Memphis and probably want to fall in love have a few important things to know about local Memphis girls and, this information, which may appear trivial, may come very handy in propelling your relationship towards something better or solidify your company as two people growing fonder of each other.
To start with, a large number of the girls in Memphis are a total barbeque snob. It may interest you to know that the local girls in Memphis are so into their barbeque and if your plan is to actually date someone from Memphis, you should know that you can't escape gradually becoming a barbeque snob too - time will tell, really. The local girls in Memphis love listening to jazz and blues and as a matter of fact, it has become a way of life in this city. The rich heritage of Memphis music still remains upheld, especially with the presence of Institutions like the Stax Music Academy. Soul music is alive and well in Memphis and a large number of the local girls do have a thing for jazz and blues. So, if you are lucky to find yourself a native Memphis gorgeous lady, it's possible that you can impress her with tracks from artists such as Aretha Franklin, Al Green, Rufus Thomas, Otis Redding, and Isaac Hayes. Memphis is actually not nicknamed the “Blues City” for nothing and being a lover of blues music can actually help you to easily connect with the single local ladies in Memphis.
More so, a large number of the girls in Memphis are basketball fans. As a matter of fact, basketball teams have a way of bringing the whole city together and there's a high tendency that you'll fall in love with basketball once you start dating a local girl from Memphis. In fact, you may need to schedule your life around basketball when basketball season starts because there's no way your Memphis sweetheart would want to miss a game and she'll probably want to be there with you.
Another worthy thing you should know about Memphis girls is that they take church seriously. In fact, it has become a part of their lifestyle and looking at it, Memphis is conspicuously inarguably a very religious town. So, you might want to be more careful with the kind of girls you'll approach, especially if you know that you're not ready to attend Sunday service and listen to sermons from Sunday school. Regardless of that, Memphis girls are Southern to the core and they're very nice. They do know how to give nice compliments and even so, they can be surreptitiously/trickishly condescending with their compliments.
Nevertheless, don't be too carried away by the fact that some of the girls can be religious; it might be compensating that you as well know that the girls are proud of their curves and they're a little flirtatious being quintessential southern belles. There are lots of lovely things about Memphis girls that make them fascinating to date and in summary, one could say that Memphis girls are barbeque snobs, church-going, jazz-loving, beautiful, proud, and self-sufficient. So, these are the basic things you should probably look forward to if you intend to date a local girl from Memphis.
Looking at it, there is nothing really special about the dating scene/norm/scene in Memphis. Just like most other cities in the United of America, a lot of people here tend to prefer to date casually and even though Memphis seems to be a religious town, dating is not frowned at. Going on a date with a girl from Memphis can be a very stress-free activity to do and there's no shortage of things to do in the city as you can try everything from seeing the city's robust entertainment scene, checking out the idiosyncratic culinary scene, to immersing yourselves in culture. Most times, what determines what you should expect while dating a girl in this city is basically dependent on the personality of the girl you're dating and consequentially, this has its influences on how soon you'll be getting laid and the American South culture is quite prevalent here.
Women in Memphis
Women in Memphis do have their uniqueness, no doubt about that but, they do have a lot of peculiar qualities that make them enticing and interesting. One of the things that seem to be catchy about Memphis women is their lovely southern accents. When you converse with the women, you would not want them to stop talking because the way they speak is almost addicting. Memphians do have that oh-so-sexy, southern twang and, dating a woman from Memphis is like fetching yourself a partner whom you can be delighted in hearing her sweet voice.
If your plan is to date a local woman from Memphis and you've got some messy eating habits, you can be rest assured that your Memphis sweetheart would not judge you for that. There's a good chance that your lover will be used to getting a bit messy at mealtime if she's a homegrown Memphian because the locals in this city grew up spoiled on deliciously sloppy meat treats and Memphis is home to the tastiest barbecue in the country. This only helps you to point out that dating a woman from Memphis doesn't mean you should hide who you are because the women are even always ready to help you clean up if you get a little sample of your meal on your shirt and they definitely won’t poke fun at you.
Memphis women are very passionate and they're quite vibrant when it comes to supporting who they love. You'll experience the passion a Memphian shows for the city's awesome sports teams when you're in a romantic relationship and this will really make you enjoy dating the women. Apart from being passionate, Memphis women are a great cook. They can blow the taste buds out of your mouth with their sumptuous home-cooked meals and with their generations-old family recipe, you just can't go hungry while dating a local woman from Memphis.
Memphis women are nestled in South and they've got the Southern charm plus they love to stay active and foxy. There's no excuse to be a couch potato if you're dating a woman from Memphis because she would love to get moving, enjoy the tons of local activities, and get immersed in the great weather with you. Memphis women love keeping their bodies healthy and asides that, they have great family values. If you ever thought of settling down with a Memphis woman, you'll probably have no worries because the women in the city understand the importance of taking care of their loved ones, they have good manners, and they know how to be polite. Taking your Memphis woman home to meet your family is probably something you won't have to worry about because the women in this city have a lot of personable qualities that qualify them as great partners you can build a future with.
Women in Memphis also know how to dance and they're no strangers to shaking their hips to the beat. Living in the birthplace of Rock ’n’ Roll, it's quite pertinent that you familiarize yourself with some groovy steps so that you can enjoy late-night dancing together at any of the nice dance clubs in town. Memphis women are adventurous and there's no escape from getting dragged on along their adventures because they love having fun. You can't be bored if you're dating a woman from Memphis and there's this sense of security you'll feel when you have a Memphis woman by your side. More so, expect the relationship to be relatively stress-free if you're dating a woman from Memphis because the women in the city love taking things at a more relaxed pace, living life a bit slower, and they prefer to K.I.S.S. all the time; “Keep It Simple, Silly.” A large number of women in Memphis are African Americans and there's a good number of white women in the city. You'll as well meet a fair share of Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, and Native Hawaiians.
Tennessean Girls (age 18 - 29)
Tennessean girls of this age range are known for their outdoorsy knack and the lively atmosphere they exude in a relationship. Dating these girls can be very interesting and generalizing what interests them in a guy can be a bit difficult because these girls are spontaneous but, most of them do prefer to hook up with a guy they can vibe with freely and form intimate, deep connections with.
Tennessean Women (age 30 - 45)
These women are vibrant and fun-loving. They're very respectful and you'll not regret your decision of staying committed and probably taking the relationship to the next level. They're passionate lovers and once they're into you, you can be rest assured that they'll love you wholeheartedly and they'd have your back come what may.
Tennessean Ladies (age 45+)
There are lots of sexy older women in Memphis; whether you just want to meet with the tourists or the local cougars. There's so much to see and do in Memphis and this is why there's no shortage of cougars and mature ladies to hook up with in Memphis. Memphis cougars are lovely, they give a homely feel, and you'll enjoy spending time with them. If you happen to date one who loves cooking a lot, your taste buds will never cease to appreciate you for hooking up with her and beyond eating good food, the mature ladies tend to be women you can easily connect and relate with because they're experienced. One of the best areas where you can meet and hook up with Memphis cougars is Downtown Memphis, especially around Beale Street. You can as well try out shopping districts like Wolfchase Galleria or neighborhoods such as Crosstown and South Main to meet Memphis cougars.
Foreign Girls in Memphis (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
There are lots of beautiful foreign girls in Memphis and guys who are looking for college and tourist girls to hook up with in Memphis will have a lot of options of girls to select from. The foreign girls in Memphis are not quite difficult to approach but guys who are good-looking and have a lovely personality will have more chances of hooking up with them.
Sex with Tennessean Girls in Memphis
Hooking up and getting laid in Memphis is easier than you may think. Memphis is a town where a party is always raging, there's the cool nightlife, college students, and the music scene that help to make hooking up come with ease. Memphis is a city that knows how to have fun and getting laid is part of the fun. There are lots of options of ways to hook up and get laid in Memphis. There are late-night connections available for those ready to seize the ample opportunity of the city’s bars offer and, hookup apps can also be used to speed up the process of getting laid in Memphis.
Don't be deceived by the fact that Memphis is regarded to be a religious town because a lot of flings and casual sex occur here. Even though there are some women in the city who are not a fan of casual sex and sex before marriage due to their religious beliefs, there are tons of young, wild, and free girls in the city who are sexually active and liberal.
The nightlife and the college scene in the city tend to aid one-night stands in Memphis. Guys who are looking for a one-night stand in Memphis will have a little or no difficulty in getting a one-night stand with a girl in Memphis if they're cute and visit the right spots. Some of the best hookup bars where you can easily get a one-night stand in Memphis are:
- The Zebra Lounge
- Celtic Crossing
- Maximo’s on Broad
Best Places to Meet Single Girls in Memphis
Memphis is a fantastic city to call home and it houses the greatest exponents of the blues, soul music, and rock ‘n’ roll. There are lots of cultural landmarks dotting the landscape, ranging from the iconic Sun Record Studios to Graceland. Meeting single women in Memphis cannot prove to be a difficult thing to do because of the city's social calendar that's peppered with plenty of events, activities, and festivals which offer a lot of opportunities to expand your social circle. And, the southern hospitality and traditions of the city also make it easy to mingle and approach the beautiful single ladies in Memphis.
- Beale Street: This is one of the best places to meet and hook up with beautiful single girls in Memphis. Being the city's principal area for singles nightlife, it doubles as a place where you can meet single Memphis girls during the day and at night. When it's dark, the nightlife venues in this area come alive and they receive heavy traffic from a lot of cute girls. These girls just want to have fun and if you promise not to dull them, they wouldn't mind chilling with you. During the day, you can also take a stroll here and approach as many beautiful ladies you can.
- Overton Square: This is another worthy area to try out if you delight to meet beautiful single girls in Memphis. It's a quality replacement for the popular Beale Street; especially if you want to escape from its intense atmosphere. This area also has a nice nightlife and it qualifies as a cozy place to hang out and meet sexy single ladies in Memphis.
- Memphis Zoo: It's an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA) and for more than 100 years, it has been a major tenant of Overton Park ever since it was created in the year 1906. Home to more than 3,500 animals representing over 500 different species, this awesome zoo situated in Midtown Memphis, Tennessee, is a hotspot to meet both local and tourist girls in Memphis. The best hour to game here is in the afternoon if you want to meet a lot of people but if you just want to enjoy a peaceful solitary time or you don't want a very crowded atmosphere, you should come in the morning. There are several food stands and an on-site cafe at this zoo where you can grab something nice to eat and drink if you're famished and you can as well mingle with the beautiful ladies you meet here and, breaking the ice wouldn't be difficult because you can just talk about the animal you just saw.
- Mud Island River Park: Being one of the top attractions in the city, both the tourists and locals in this city love to visit this place to de-stress, hang out and have a fun time. It's very accessible and you can enjoy all the stunning views it offers and play in the park without paying a dime. There are cafes and a museum on site. You can check out the park’s Mississippi River Museum from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., from Thursday through Sunday. However, you should know that admission is $10 for adults at this Mississippi River Museum. There are as well free concert series hosted at this park and they can offer you more opportunities to meet and mingle with the gorgeous ladies here. The Mud Island River Park is a great place to hang out; whether you just want to relax, chill out, or seek a place you can hit up at daytime to socialize with beautiful Memphis girls, it offers a lot of opportunities and potentials for you.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Memphis is famous for its music, culture, and food. Located next to the Mississippi River in southwestern Tennessee, the city has a very interesting and exciting nightlife. If you ever thought of partying, dancing, and drinking in Memphis, here are some of the recommended bars and clubs to spend your night out in the city.
- Alchemy: This bar charges itself with the responsibility of creating an environment that's addictive, arousing, interactive, and fun. The exciting words that greet you on Alchemy's website are "the night isn't over until we say it is." With this, you should know that you can't escape having fun here. Some of the food you'll enjoy here are pork stuffed quail and the truffle deviled eggs and shrimp. There are as well cocktails such as the Midtown Sunset and the Strawberry Basil Smash.
- Classic Soulz: This club has reservations available on Thursday & Saturday and some of the events conducted here are Friday Night Sound Stage, Saturday Night Special, Foursome Down Thursdays, and Cashout Saturdays. Either by logging on to their website or by phone, you can book your birthday party here. And, there are personalized tickets and free admission featured on Thursdays.
- Paula & Raiford's Disco: There are VIP rooms available here and this nightclub is famous for its bright, colorful lights, disco balls, fog machines, handprints on the wall, famous leather couches, and signature of great music. This two-story night club in downtown Memphis also has an ATM inside for your comfort. If you want, you can enjoy being picked up and dropped off by their limousine service
- Rumba Room: This nightclub has a large dance area that pulses with a salsa beat, live entertainment, tropical mixed drinks, Cuban and Latin-inspired appetizers on a menu, a colorful mural, and a swanky bar area. There are free salsa lessons offered here and you can enjoy a mix of old school jams, hip hop, and R & B on Thursday night. For the dress code - no tennis shoes, excessively long or baggy pants, and plain white t-shirts.
- Bar DKDC: All the interesting things you could need in a bar; international street food, drinks, and music are all here. This bar is famous for its specialty libations, soul music, and global street food. The Jamaica Ting and the Greenline are some of its nice hand-crafted cocktails and they feature unusual ingredients such as fresh grapefruit and Brandons vodka. You can as well enjoy crispy pork dumplings, pernil and vegetarian arepas, and many other of its small plates on its menu of cuisine from around the world.
- Earnestine & Hazel’s: This bar is a very nice place to grab a drink, settle down, and grasp more of the music scene in Memphis. It started as a pharmacy in the 1930s and this historic bar, today, combines ice-cold beer with soul burgers and captures the blues, jazz, and soul that fills the streets of the city.
- Alex's Tavern: This singles bar has once been regarded to be "the oldest and finest tavern in Memphis" and "a Memphis tradition." It was founded in the year 1953 and it offers big-screen TVs on game night, jukebox, and great beer, with visitors getting to enjoy the chicken drummies, gumbo, ribs, fries, and burgers here.
- Buccaneer Lounge: From DJ sets and pop to country and punk, this bar hosts some of the best shows in Memphis. It's fondly called the Bucc by some of the locals and it's a unique dive bar with an equally diverse crowd ranging from professionals and jocks to older folks, locals, tourists, and hipsters. The liquors and beers here are reasonably priced and they're uncommon plus, you're allowed to smoke here, and have all the fun you want.
- Boscos: From 11 a.m. to midnight every day, it offers more than 60 styles of beers and it's known for its casual dining for lunch, dinner, and brunch, which is why it earned the reputation of being “the Restaurant for Beer Lovers.” If you're visiting here, make sure you try Smoked Pork Chop, Wood Oven Planked Salmon, or a Hot Chicken and Waffle and, do well to balance the equation by washing it down with the award-winning Hefeweizen, Isle of Skye Scottish Ale, or a Boscos Bombay IPA.
- Flying Saucer Draught Emporium: This venue is the right place to be if you're in the mood for local beer and a casual atmosphere instead of a high-class bar. This bar is a relaxed, friendly environment with an enclosed dining and bar area, an outdoor section, a large gathering area, and it offers everything from a large range of beer on tap to craft beers.
If you're in the mood to splurge a little, we present you some of the best malls and shopping centers in Memphis where you can shop til you drop.
- Wolfchase Galleria
- Oak Court Mall
- Laurelwood Shopping Center
- Overton Square
- Regalia Shopping Center
- Chickasaw Oaks Plaza
- Graceland Plaza and Graceland Crossing Shopping Center
Memphis is known for its many delights, sights, and attractions plus there's a never-ending list of things to see and do outdoors.
- If you're in for some exercises, you can;
- Hop on a bike;
- Ride the Greenline
- New Bike Share program
- Put your two feet into action
- Hike a trail
- Shelby Farms Park Greenline
- Shelby Farms Park Trails
- Wolf River Greenway
- Downtown Riverfront
- Mississippi River Greenbelt Park
- Overton Park
- Audubon Park
- T.O. Fuller State Park
- Join a running group
- Tour De Midtown
- Caffeine Run
- Schweddy Belles
- Wolf River
- Salty Dog
- Hike a trail
- Outdoors fitness, if you're a gym enthusiast;
- Shelby Farms Park fitness programs
- Dixon Sunrise Yoga
- RiverFit at Tom Lee Park
- Hop on a bike;
- If you'd love to do something recreational, you can;
- Go camping;
- Shelby Farms Park
- T.O. Fuller State Park
- Meeman Shelby Forest State Park
- Go fishing;
- Meeman Shelby Forest State Park
- Herb Parsons Lake
- Shelby Farms Park
- Fish the Mississippi River with Big Cat
- Enjoy the Mississippi River
- Play Disc golf:
- Meeman Shelby Forest State Park
- Shelby Farms Park
- Go Skating at Memphis Skate Park
- Go for a trail ride at Shelby Farms Park Stables
- Join Paddleboard Yoga Memphis
- Go Ape at Shelby Farms Park
- Go camping;
- If you love sightseeing, you can go;
- Learn about wildlife at the Memphis Zoo
- Smell the roses
- Tour the Dixon Garden
- Take a walk through Memphis Botanic Garden
- Enjoy the art
- Stroll around the unique art installations Downtown such as:
- Urban Meridians – 82. S Main
- Roof Like a Liquid Flung Over the Plaza – Front & Poplar
- Mountaintop – N. Main & Poplar
- The Muse – N. Main & Poplar
- Tom Lee Park Fish Archway- Riverside & Beale
- Cossitt Library Lights – 33 South Front St.
- Zephyr – Mud Island traffic circle
- Whirl – End of Vance Ave.
- Find some of the city’s murals:
- South Main, Downtown
- South Main, Downtown (by Civil Rights Museum)
- Uptown, 5th Avenue and Bethel
- Midtown, Madison Ave.
- “Midtown is Our Memphis” off of Rembert and Poplar
- Binghampton, at Wiseacre Brewing Company
- Cooper Young @ McLean
- Soulsville, Lamar Ave
- Broad Avenue Arts District, “This is Me, This is You, This is We”
- Edge District, Madison and Monroe
- Stroll around the unique art installations Downtown such as:
Universities and Colleges
Colleges and universities located in Memphis are:
- University of Memphis
- University of Memphis Cecil C. *Humphreys School of Law
- Rhodes College
- Christian Brothers University
- Memphis College of Art
- LeMoyne–Owen College
- Baptist College of Health Sciences
- Memphis Theological Seminary
- Harding School of Theology
- Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University
- Reformed Theological Seminary (satellite campus)
- William R. Moore College of Technology
- Southern College of Optometry
- Southwest Tennessee Community College
- Tennessee Technology Center at Memphis
- Visible Music College
- Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center
Relationship in Memphis
No relationship is perfect and due to the uniqueness and people's individuality, what you might experience in a relationship with someone might be relatively different from another.
It's quite feasible to find a local girl in Memphis to go on a holiday romance with.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Here are five important tips that can help you build a successful relationship with a local girl from Memphis:
- Love her truly
- Respect her
- Value her family
- Create time for her and make her feel loved
- Be understanding and don't mess up her personal space
Love in Memphis
Those who seek and crave something more beyond casual dating and flings have a great chance of finding love in this city.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
If you find yourself wanting to hear her voice often, spend time with her, and she's always eager to reciprocate and make things work out for you two, these are approvable indications that she may be the one.
Marriage in Memphis
The two parties interested in getting married in Memphis are to appear for the issuance of the marriage license which is obtainable in Shelby County. However, it's important to note that the marriage license costs $97.50 and it's good for just 30 days. And, you can actually save a few dollars if you attend the four (4) hours of premarital counseling and pay $37.50 for the license instead of the regular fee.
Exchanging your vows in the Bluff City is a very exciting occasion as both locals and visitors alike have tons of fantastic wedding venues to choose from in the city ranging from the picturesque courtyards of the Memphis Botanic Garden to the vintage glamour of Graceland, the southern charm of the Peabody Hotel rooftop, and many more.
Memphis is a great place to raise your family because:
- It’s easy to find a good school in the city
- Young families flock to Memphis
- Memphis has an awesome low cost of living
- You can pay off the home quicker here
- Big companies love Memphis
- Summers are fun in Memphis
- There's animal fun for everyone
- There’s plenty of greenspace In Memphis
- Memphis always has something going on
- It offers a hands-on experience your kids will love