Guide for dating in Maine helps you to meet the best girls. This dating guide gives you tips how to date Mainer women. You will learn rules where and how to flirt with local Mainer girls. We advise how to move from casual dating to the relationship and find the real love. We also tell the best dating sites in Maine. In this article below you will find more information where to meet and date girls in Maine, United States of America.
Girls in Maine:
- Looks of girls: 4 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4.1 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 3.85 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.7 / 5
Dating in Maine:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.6 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.8 / 5
Sex in Maine:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.65 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.55 / 5
More about Maine:
- Nightlife in general: 4.1 / 5
- Locals' English level: 5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$90 - $900
- Accommodation: US$20 - $800
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
One of the things you'll find appealing and enticing about Maine girls is that they're fit and trim. Appreciating the warmer weather and staying active are some of the things that help Mainer girls to slim down, and if you're dating a local girl in Maine, get ready to join her in bike riding, camping out, hiking, going on walks, and a few other rejuvenating outdoor activities because the local girls in this state love going out to explore nature and since there are lots of beauties to marvel at outdoors, you have no excuse to remain indoors.
If you're dating a local Maine girl, you'll find her looking very sexy in those boat shoes of hers. In case you don't know, LL Bean boots and boat shoes are regarded to be the shoes of the state but what's more interesting is that there's a probability that your Maine sweetheart would know someone who has access to a boat, and this means you stand to enjoy some nice, boat cruise. Since you already understand that Mainer girls love being outdoors a lot, it should be pretty acceptable to affirm that the girls here are very adventurous and one of the ways they keep their adventures going on is by skiing. Known to be one of the favorite sports, you'd better brush up your knowledge and know a thing or two about skiing if you want to enjoy dating a local girl in Maine better because Winter is a huge part of the locals in this state and the couple that ski together tends to last longer, probably.
Romance is beautiful in Maine and if you've ever been to the gorgeous Maine coastline, you'll firmly attest to this, and with a Mainer girl by your side, you should look forward to going on romantic walks on the beach. Mainer girls can be very dauntless at times and one of the things they're never scared of is the snow. So, if you feel helpless and stranded, you can always count on your Mainer girl to help you out. If you're dating a local girl in Maine, you don't actually need to take her to distant and far places to make her feel special because Maine itself is Vacationland and this state has virtually all you need for a quaint romantic trip.
Another thing you should know about Mainer girls is that they love seafood a lot, and if you're dating a local girl in this beautiful state, she's very likely to introduce you to some of the finest, yummy 'go-to' seafood in the state; lobster and clams. Bugs can be insane at times in Maine but not to worry, once you have a Mainer girl by your side, she'll know how to take care of them all by applying bug spray at all the needful places and corners. Mainer girls also enjoy drinking and one of their favorites is the Allen Coffee Brandy. And, you and your Mainer lover can always enjoy this delicious spirit in several distinct ways.
You'll actually enjoy dating local girls in Maine especially when you visit during the winter months because these girls give the best cuddle. As a matter of fact, your Mainer girl will always keep you warm, and rather than letting the excessive cold get to you, she'll cuddle you up. And, remember that winter in the state tends to last for about five to seven months, and this is a period of good loving and good cuddles for you if you're already hooked up a local Maine girl - lucky you!
Dating in Maine is quite unique and the dating culture in this state is pretty distinct from that of other states in the country. Just like a few other states in the country, people in this state don't really ask out in a proper, official manner; you'll probably just be asked if you don't mind hiking up Pigeon Hill or going for a motorcycle ride down Route 1 and this is probably how things will become official between you two. Evidently, dinner and a movie is not the perfect date in this state, and one can relate this to the fact that the locals here take the outdoors very seriously.
Once you start dating a local in Maine, you just have to prepare yourself for a lot of outdoor activities and adventures, and in a matter of time, you'll start getting immersed in nature, compared to then when you only take a glance at nature. Considering the fact that you and your romantic partner will be spending a lot of time outdoors, peeing anywhere will now become the norm, and you definitely can't afford to be modest since you'll be either trudging through brush or cruising back roads. Maine's dating culture is encapsulated by “don’t sweat the small stuff” and because people here are not really uptight, getting relaxed is the real deal, and dating casually is actually a cool way to keep things going soft without anyone getting obsessed.
Sugar dating is one of the best ways to find a date in 2023. Men who are willing to buy gifts for sugar babies, will get physical or emotional pleasure for a return. Take a look of the wide selection of girls from SecretBenefits.
Dating in Maine can be a bit tricky due to not knowing if you have a solid connection, so your best bet is to sign up for a dating site before you venture to the night club or bar, so you can meet a few locals ahead of time. AdultFriendFinder.com lets you meet local members in Maine and get to know them on a personal basis before you meet in person. Take advantage of site features like live chat and member to member webcams so you can begin flirting before arranging a face-to-face meeting.
Feeling lonely in Maine? Arrange a virtual date with your favorite webcam girl right now! We have thousands of hot girls online waiting for you. Visit DatingLocalGirlsLive.com!
One of the things you clearly stand to enjoy when you date a woman from Maine is some sweet and loving cuddles. If you're lucky to have already found yourself a Mainer woman to date especially during cold or rainy days, you'll never be lacking a cuddle-buddy because the local women in this state are quite adept when it comes to snuggling up to the people close to them for warmth, and since winter can be somewhat intense and longer, you might want to find yourself a Mainer woman to date before winter creeps in.
Dating a local woman in Maine clearly comes with some benefits and aside from the sweet cuddles you'll get to enjoy, you can always bank on the fact that your Maine lady will be eager and ready to help you in applying bug spray effectively. So, why bug spray? Good. The thing is, here in this state, summer seems to fetch in mosquitoes that can be as the size of your fist but because Mainer women already understand the importance of staying covered in potentially life-saving bug spray, they'll always help you out; a more tangible reason why you should date a local Mainer woman.
You should also look forward to special moments made more enjoyable with the oh-so-tasty Coffee Brandy which is regarded to be “the champagne of Maine”, even though it's technically made in Massachusetts. The thing is, coffee brandy is the most popular adult beverage selection in Maine, and you stand to enjoy a lot of it more and better when you're dating a local woman in Maine. If you love eating nice lobsters and clams, all you just have to do is to date a local Mainer woman. The local women in this state are super skilled when it comes to preparing these two dishes and they do that better than anyone, and once you grab some bites, you'll keep asking for more.
Ridiculously quaint weekend getaways? Check. Maine boasts of hosting several quaint destination hotels renowned for their unique offers that help the residents to escape from life's challenges that are often unending, and you can explore this opportunity to enjoy more fulfilling special moments with your Maine local lady. Maine is pretty close to Canada and this also tends to have its influence on the locals in the state, and one of them is that you'll get nourished with some sweet Poutine by your Maine sweetheart. Aside from the yummy Poutine that awaits you, you'll also, sometimes, wake up in the morning to the smell of fresh ploys filling your nostrils; ploye is like a pancake, a crepe, sort of, but it's very nice. And, something nice to wash it down, there will definitely be some Moxie for you to enjoy as well.
One thing you'll definitely appreciate about Mainer women is that they'll never leave you stranded come rain, sunshine, or blizzard. The local women in this state are often prepared to face whatever the weather brings, and with a Mainer woman by your side, it's almost impossible to be caught off guard. Would you love to enjoy blueberry picking? You can actually enjoy gazing upon the world’s largest blueberry while you pick in a place like Columbia Falls if you don't mind a truly fruity experience and Maine does produce a large number of blueberries in the continent.
Romance never stops when you're dating a local woman in Maine and one of the beautiful romantic moments you stand to enjoy if you're dating a local woman in Maine is enjoying a romantic stroll on the beach. With the state's uncrowded beaches, unbeatable sunrises, and several hundred miles of coastline, taking your lover for a long walk is an activity you'll definitely enjoy. More so, you’ll always have a ski buddy to downhill with if you're dating a local woman in Maine. Mainer women love living life in its simplest form and there's no stress but more fun when you're dating a local Mainer girl.
Mainer women are very cute and they look quite hot whenever they're rocking their boat shoes. In fact, nothing even compliments this better than the fact that taking a boat out for a peaceful night at sea is a romantic date you can possibly look forward to if you're dating a local woman in Maine because everyone seems to have access to a sailboat in one way or the other during the summertime.
On a conclusive note, Maine is really a dater’s paradise, it has some of the best food options around, and you'll find the women in this state to be fit and foxy. Mainer women have some of the fittest bodies around, they love staying active, and if you're dating a local woman in this state, you should prepare yourself to go out to explore and get to see beautiful views because the great outdoors is one of the major perks of being in this Vacationland. Speaking of the looks of the local women in this state, you'll find most of the local women in Maine to be Whites while it's only a few African Americans, American Indians, Native Hawaiians, and Asians you'll get to meet.
Mainer Girls (age 18 - 29)
Mainer girls are generally down-to-earth people and even though they all have their local eccentricities, they're an interesting set of people to date. However, there are five common stereotypes of these girls you're likely to meet and date in Maine. The first one is the Artist. Maine is home to artists of all varieties and you'll find everything in this state from photographers to sculptors, and this girl does get inspired by Maine's beautiful landscape. The second one is the Maine 1%. She actually lives on the shore of Cape Elizabeth, you might probably run in to her at Hannaford, and she drives a beat-up Subaru.
The third one is the Student. Maine is home to several colleges and universities and you'll find a lot of pretty college girls at the beach, sitting at a coffee shop with a study group, or in the Old Port. The fourth one is the Ones from The County and one thing that helps you identify them is the usage of words like "dooryahd," "stove up," and "dickering." The fifth one is the Thru-Hiker. Date her if you love hiking just as she does. This girl is determined and strong but she might be a bit smelly when you meet her enjoying a hearty breakfast in Millinocket and you can possibly run into her at the summit of Katahdin.
Mainer Women (age 30 - 45)
Mainer women are some of the best women around. Evidently, dating these women comes with its own benefits and advantages, and no doubt, you'll definitely have a great time dating these women. Nevertheless, there are six common stereotypes of these women you're likely to meet and date in Maine. The first one is the Proud Native. If you date this lady, there's no way you can convince her that there's anything wrong with Maine because she finds pride in all things Maine. The second one is the Farmer. Date this lady and she'll tell you all you need to know about carrots, potatoes, herbs, blueberries, and raising animals because she loves the land and talking about it is a pleasure.
The third one is the Camp Lady. This woman is quite laid-back but if you know you won't be up for her regular weekend camping, don't bother to approach her. The fourth one is the Lobsterlady. She's humble, catches a large percentage of the country's lobstah, wakes up very early, and she's a member of the MLA. The fifth one is the Sternwoman. You'll meet her drinking an Allen's at a bar in Vinalhaven and she'll probably be wearing a warmer jacket. The sixth one is the Environmentalist and you'll meet her at all the farm rally, peace rally, and environmental rally.
Mainer Ladies (age 45+)
Maine is a big and beautiful place with lots of happening cities and if your goal is to meet and date older women in Maine, you'll definitely find a lot of them around. Maine cougars and older ladies are very friendly and it doesn't actually matter if you're in Wiscasset, Portland, Lewiston, Brunswick, Waterville, or Bangor because Maine cougars and older ladies are always out and about and you can actually get to meet a lot of them at fresh seafood restaurants where they're enjoying top-notch lobsters. Dating cougars and older ladies in Maine is pretty enjoyable because these women have a very friendly and lovely vibe, and they're cool, outdoorsy people you'll enjoy rolling with.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Maine is not referred to as Vacationland for nothing! Being one of the popular tourist destinations in the United States of America, Maine is a great place to date tourist girls and you'll actually meet most of these tourists around June and July due to the fact that it can be very snowy afterward. You'll definitely find a lot of pretty tourist girls to hook up with in Maine because a lot of them are often going out to enjoy themselves to take selfies in front of lighthouses. Speaking of the college girls in Maine, you'll meet them at the coffee shop hanging out with their friends, chilling at parties, or at the beach, and since they have a laid-back vibe, it's often easy to approach them because they don't really put up walls around them.
From the natives and college girls to the tourists, you have a vast number of girls to get laid with in Maine, and cities like Augusta, Biddeford, Lewiston, Old Orchard Beach, South Portland, Bangor, Portland, Brunswick, Orono, and Waterville are regarded to be some of the easiest places to get laid in Maine. Howbeit, it's worthy to note that getting laid with local girls in Maine is actually not a difficult task because the local girls in this state have a friendly and fun vibe, and guys who can connect well with the personality of the girls will have a great time getting laid with local girls in Maine.
Just like most other modern states, most of the local women you'll meet in Maine are sexually liberated but this doesn't invalidate the possibility of you meeting a few sexually conservative women.
Looking for a one-night stand in Maine may be a bit overwhelming but if you look in the right places, you won't have to sweat too much over it. The beach, bars, and a few other nightlife establishments in the state do offer opportunities you can actually maximize to get one-night stands with girls in Maine.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Known for its picturesque waterways; heavily forested interior; low, rolling mountains; jagged, rocky coastline; and its seafood cuisine, particularly clams and lobster; Maine is situated in the northernmost state in the Northeastern United States and it's surrounded by the Canadian provinces of New Brunswick and Quebec, the Atlantic Ocean, and New Hampshire. Of all the states in the United States of America, Maine is the 13th least densely populated, 9th least populous, and the 12th smallest by area.
Restaurants and coffee shops are known to be some of the best places where you can meet single women in Maine. While it's no longer a new thing to anyone that Maine girls love good food, coffee shops also keep attracting a large number of singles day by day, and they've become one of the finest spots where you can meet single girls in Maine.
- A quality restaurant we can recommend you check out to meet single local women in Maine is the Mainely Brews Restaurant and Brewhouse. Offering a pool table and live band performance, this place is often busy, packed with beautiful women, and it does get pretty loud most times. It has a small-town bar vibe and it's a great spot where you can pick up mature women in Maine as well.
Grocery stores are fine spots where you can meet beautiful single ladies in Maine and a good one you can check out is the Tiller & Rye Local Grocer.
- 'Tiller & Rye Local Grocer` is like an all-round kind of venue because it offers grass-fed meats, cage-free eggs, gluten-free dishes, great food selections overall, sells organic ingredients, and it has a cup of brewed coffee made from beans from local roasters that its patrons can enjoy. More so, it also organizes different cooking and crafts classes, and you may involve yourself if you don't mind.
The Railroad Square Cinema is another quality place where you can meet single girls in Maine. Situated in Waterville, this venue is one of the favorite hangout spots of some of the locals in this state and this is where they come to relax eating delicious popcorn while they enjoy watching lovely movies. You can also come enjoy a great selection of movies at this movie theater and get to mingle with some of the pretty ladies you'll find around.
Beaches are another places you definitely don't want to miss checking out if you're looking for where to meet single girls in Maine. Whether you want to meet and hook up with tourist, native, or college girls in Maine, the beaches in the state offer you a wide opportunity to hook up with girls of different ages and colors in the state, and some of the best ones you can try out are;
- Long Sands beach
- Ogunquit beach
- Laudholm beach
- Goose Rocks beach
- Old Orchard Beach
- Sandy Beach
Museums are also cool spots you can check out to meet single women in Maine and a nice one you can try out is Portland Museum of Art. This museum receives quality traffic from both the tourists and locals in the state and if you want to try another option, you can check out the Maine Maritime Museum.
If you're in Portland and you seek a place where you can pick up single girls at nighttime, hit up the downtown area, particularly near the Old Port Waterfront. Aside from the fact that this area is known to be the main area for singles nightlife in the city, it's also a quality place to day game and you can check out the restaurants, shops, cafes, and streets around.
- On a sunny day, you can take a walk along the Eastern Promenade, on Middle Street, or hang around the Maine Mall. And, if you're lucky to visit during the Old Port Fest which holds every June, you'll find lots of pretty girls to mingle with.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
There are lots of bars, clubs, and restaurants where you can enjoy spending your night out in Maine;
- Frontier in Brunswick: Offering a menu that makes the taste buds of its customers rejoice, this restaurant and bar is known for its sweet and rustic charm, beautiful interiors, wonderful view of the river, and it's situated close to a music, art, and film venue. Frontier is a place for lunch, dinner, cocktails, and the locals do love its scenic views, chic interior, and hip atmosphere.
- DaVinci’s Eatery in Lewiston: This venue is one of the cool places the locals in the state visit to catch up with family and friends and unwind. It's situated in a nice part of Lewiston and it's famous for its cozy interiors, great ambiance, and the amazing pizzas and pasta it serves. Situated on Mill Street, this go-to Italian restaurant also offers a lunch buffet on weekdays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Portland Hunt + Alpine Club in Portland: This venue is loved by many for its food offerings and Scandinavian style interiors. It's often bustling with a good population of beautiful girls and it's a good place for cocktails for it does have an impressive list of exotic cocktails. Offering a very warm and welcoming atmosphere, it's small and cozy, and every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m, you can enjoy happy hour here. Please note that this cocktail bar is not where to be if dinner is your priority because it's a drinks and appetizers kind of place.
- Rí Rá in Portland: This bar is an awesome place to pick up local women in Maine and you'll definitely have a great time coming here because it has a fun vibe and a relaxed atmosphere. This Irish bar has a traditional Irish pub atmosphere, live sports on TV, delicious food, and boasts a good population of women most times. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are the best nights to visit here.
- Bonfire Country Bar in Portland: Do you seek a place to do some dancing and a bar that has south of the Mason-Dixon feels? If you do, here's your spot. From 4 p.m to 7 p.m daily, you can enjoy the Bacon Happier Hour here, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday are the best nights to visit. You can enjoy cool breeze at the outdoor seating while you enjoy sipping delicious cocktails, catch the game live on the TVs set up here, or listen to great country music while you consume your beer and wings.
- The Brunswick Dance and Night Club in Old Orchard Beach: Situated right on the water, this venue is a great place to be both at daytime and at nighttime. It's a great place to pick up some of that hottest Maine ladies who are often at the beach patio or on the sand. There's a lot of action going here and this venue has an inviting atmosphere.
- Nocturnem Draft Haus in Bangor: Offering everything from delicious food to great beer selection, this bar has a little something for everybody, and it's a great place to be if you seek a place where you can enjoy some little-known craft beers. This bar is known to be a low-key place and this makes it a hotspot for Maine women who don't fancy loud places with drunk young boys. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are the best nights to visit.
- Carolina Sports & Spirits in Bangor: This bar is a great place to be if you're in the mood to do a little dancing. It's a well-known hotspot for the locals, it offers the best bar service, its pub food is way delicious than the usuals you'll get around elsewhere, and it has reasonably priced drinks. Friday and Saturday nights are the best moments here! But, note that this place can get crowded pretty quickly so, arrive early.
- Water Street Kitchen & Bar in Wiscasset: This bar is an excellent place to get some nice food and you do know already that clam and lobsters are a thing here. You don't necessarily need to be hungry before you'll come here because there's a full bar here so, it's a win-win either way. Renowned for its upscale vibe, this bar is a popular date spot due to its romantic and intimate atmosphere, and it's a great place to enjoy a full meal with desserts and have a few drinks. However, if you'll be coming here, make sure you ditch the shorts and sneakers because the ambiance here is a bit upscale.
- Aura in Portland: This is one of the best places to dance and party in Maine. This club just got rebranded and it's yet to lose its intimate feel regardless. If you seek a night out of getting serenaded by the odd Ja Rule sighting, touring West Texan alt-country loners, or local indie artists, this club is where you should be, and it just got louder, newer, and bigger.
Malls are the go-to place to visit in Maine when it comes to shopping and Maine is a place where you can enjoy the best American holiday experiences and spend your time and money to get the very best!
- The Maine Mall in South Portland
- Bangor Mall in Bangor
- Maine Crossing in Portland
- Auburn Mall in Auburn
- Marketplace at Augusta in Augusta
- Pine Tree Shopping Center in Portland
- Freeport Village Station in Freeport
- Mallside Plaza in South Portland
There are tons of things to do in Maine during the spring in summer:
- Walk, run or just sit around in Cape Elizabeth's, Fort Williams Park
- Enjoy the summit of Cadillac Mountain without breaking a sweat
- Smell the roses (or tulips) at the Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay
- Roam the Carriage Roads of Acadia National Park
- Visit Sebago Lake in Cumberland County
- Walk the trail at Mackworth Island
- Enjoy the Memorial Day Lilac Festival at McLaughlin Garden in South Paris
- See the whole world without leaving Yarmouth
- Explore Peaks Island by golf cart
- Kayak down any of Maine's easy-going waterways
Universities and Colleges
There are thirty institutions of higher learning in Maine and some of them are:
- University of Maine
- Maine Maritime Academy (MMA)
- Unity College
- Thomas College
- Bowdoin College
- Colby College
- Bates College
- University of New England's College of Osteopathic Medicine - the only medical school in Maine
- The University of Maine School of Law - the only law school in Maine
Going into a romantic relationship with a local girl in Maine can be pretty interesting, especially during the cold months when you two can spend more romantic, intimate moments together.
There's a high chance of finding a local girl in Maine to go on a holiday romance with.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Respect, expressing love through sweet words and buying gifts, building trust, and spending more time together are some of the helpful tips to build a successful relationship.
There's a great chance of finding love in Maine.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
You can know if she's the one through where she fits you in in her priorities and her actions and reactions to the things that matter to the progress of your relationship.
Couples interested in getting married in Maine are to obtain a marriage license to facilitate their wedding.
Maine is overflowing with natural beauty, it's wild and beautiful, and it offers everything from charming urban spaces and barns to beaches where lovebirds can say “I do.”
Maine is a place to live for every type of family on any type of budget for it has several family-friendly cities and it is safe and affordable.
Along the coast:
|Down East (Hancock County and Washington County)|
|Greater Portland |
the southern part of Cumberland County
|Mid Coast (Knox County, Lincoln County, Sagadahoc County and Waldo County)|
|Southern Coast (York County)|
|Aroostook (Aroostook County)|
|Highlands (Piscataquis County and Penobscot County)|
|Lakes and Mountains |
Androscoggin County, Franklin County, Oxford County and the northern part of Cumberland County
|Kennebec and Moose River Valleys (Kennebec County and Somerset County)|
- Augusta - the state capital
- Auburn - one of Maine's "Twin Cities"
- Bangor - the Queen City, home of Stephen King
- Bar Harbor - adjacent to Acadia National Park
- Brunswick - home of Bowdoin College
- Ellsworth - Downeast Gateway
- Lewiston - a large industrial town in central Maine, home of Bates College, the other of Maine's "Twin Cities" (also known as Dirty Lew)
- Portland - largest city
- North America | Los Angeles | New York City | Toronto | Cancun | Miami
- Caribbean | Barbados | Santo Domingo | Havana | The Bahamas | Saint Lucia
- Central America | Panama City | San José | Belize | Guatemala | Nicaragua