Fukuoka dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date Japanese women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot Japanese girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Fukuoka, Japan.
Girls in Fukuoka:
- Looks of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 3.5 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in Fukuoka:
- Chance of arranging dates: 4 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 3.5 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3 / 5
Sex in Fukuoka:
- Women's sexual activity: 3.5 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Fukuoka:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 3.5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$30 - $400
- Accommodation: US$10 - $250
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Japan is known for many things, and one of the main points is their society and culture. Indeed, it is one of the most developed nations in the world, and its cities like Fukuoka are very culturally vibrant. Thus, many people travel to this city, in search of adventure, knowledge and future prospects.
Of course, when you are traveling to a new city, no matter the reason for it; you crave companionship too. In Fukuoka, you can find that aplenty with charming and adorable Japanese girls. Truly, if you want to have a fun time or even get a long-term love connection, these women are perfect.
Not only are they extremely beautiful, but also their beauty reflects in their attitudes as well. To put it simply, they are very nice and well-mannered and focus on trying to keep you happy. These women can take care of themselves, and most importantly, take care of your needs too.
While a Japanese woman is known for being closed-off or submissive-like, that is not the case in today's reality. In truth, these women are extremely learned and know the importance of career and education. Furthermore, they enjoy the dating culture a lot, and you would have an easier time in getting to know them.
Of course, whatever you are into, it is better if you tell them that beforehand, as they respect honesty and openness. Some Japanese women do not enjoy casual relationships, and thus you should have an open conversation with them regarding this. Overall, your experience with dating these Japanese women in Fukuoka will make a significant impact on you.
The Japanese women in Fukuoka are open to dating and don't mind meeting new people. Truly, they enjoy the excitement and are open to trying out different methods to find love. Many of them, however, are too focused on their career and do not have time for romance.
Of course, there are different types of women in different places and that is highly visible in Fukuoka too. For some women, casual hookups are the way to go, but they are not entirely open about it with people. For others, long-term commitment is the main priority, and that reflects in their dating life as well.
You can go out with the girls that you like and try to find out what they want, and they would tell you. Likewise, you should tell them your viewpoint as well, and they would appreciate your honesty. Although, foreign guys do not have a lot of luck with many of these women, and that depends on preference.
While there are differences in opinions regarding their mindset towards dating, many women want a commitment in the future. Therefore, they do not entirely trust dating a foreigner as they don't always settle in Fukuoka permanently. Thus, it is better to talk to them about your aspirations and what they want too, for a mutual understanding.
Without a doubt, women in Fukuoka are extremely fun to hang out with and possibly fall in love with. These women are fierce and well-educated and know exactly what they want in life. Indeed, you would have an exciting time with them and become absolutely mesmerized at the end of it!
Certainly, most of these women are go-getters and they do not compromise on their future goals. For many, that means taking care of their husband and children, while for others that is their career. Not to mention, they bring this tenacity into their dating life as well and are extremely loving and playful.
What’s more, these women are absolutely beautiful, which further adds to their charm. With long shiny dark hair and a fair complexion, these girls know how to groom themselves as well. They have rounder faces and very Asian-like characteristics in their appearances. Not to mention, there are many women who have mixed genes and they are very attractive too.
Indeed, you would not have a lack of options in this city, especially when it comes to these women. Indeed, whether you want them to fall in love or date casually, these pretty ladies are up for either!
Japanese Girls (age 18 - 29)
Japanese girls around the age of 18 to 29 years are growing continuously, in their mannerisms, behavior, and personality. After all, this is the period they get to know themselves well, and that affects their attitude in life. Furthermore, these girls enjoy meeting new people and going on dates.
Of course, not all girls are the same and that is visible here as well, depending on their personalities. Many of the younger girls want to grow in their life and focus on their education. In fact, these are the girls who generally go to colleges and universities. There are others as well who rather want to meet an eligible man and become dependant on them in the future.
Around these ages, they are much more open to the prospect of love and also engage in casual relationships. However, most of these young ladies want a career and it is their main focus. If you want to date someone in this age bracket, you can find them in many places. Additionally, you can meet those interested in casual relations around the bars and party-scenes at Fukuoka.
Japanese Women (age 30 - 45)
By the time a woman in Fukuoka turns 30 years old, they are already married or looking for a prospective partner. Some women, however, enjoy the dating culture still and focus on that. If you are looking to date someone in their 30s and over, you would find many eligible women still.
Not to mention, many of these ladies are strong career women, irrespective of their love life. While marriage is an important factor in Japanese culture, in today's age, that is not everyone's endgame. Indeed, many of these women multitask between their family and career and manage to handle both gracefully.
Many of these single women enjoy going to the bars with their friends after work, and you can meet them there. Not only are they extremely nice to talk to, but they are also very smart and flirty. However, most of the single women around this age are looking for something worthwhile. Keeping that in mind, you should discuss what you are looking for relationship-wise beforehand.
Japanese Ladies (age 45+)
If you are interested in dating Japanese women above the age of 45 years, you would not find many options. After all, these mature ladies are more focused on watching their families prosper. Certainly, they are all married around these ages and do not enjoy the idea of jumping back in the dating pool.
However, there are some exceptions to this rule, although they don’t openly admit to it. The Japanese culture has surely advanced well, and that is visible in every aspect of their living. While this is true, many older women who want to date again do not speak up about their desires. For them, online dating is a fun alternative and you can possibly meet someone through that.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Japan is a prosperous country, and Fukuoka is one of its star regions. Thus, many women and men from other countries travel to this city for their career prospects. Not to mention, the education system of this city is also of a high standard, which is another reason for their migration.
If you do not want to date the local girls or are having a cultural clash, you can approach the tourists instead. There are many reasons why this might work out better, one of which is your similar mentality. Additionally, the language barrier is another bother in communicating with the Japanese girls. On the other hand, you might have an easier time communicating with a tourist, especially if they speak your language.
Furthermore, the local Japanese girls know that their relationship with you won't last for long. Indeed, you would have to leave eventually and many of them don't want something that comes with an expiration. The tourists would not cause issues here as they too don’t want a long-term commitment.
Truly, the Japanese girls are extremely fun to spend time with, and you have an easy time talking to them as well. These women are smart and challenging and above all, open to having fun. With the changing times, people in Fukuoka have become very liberal, and the dating scene, easier.
Thus, you would have a fun time interacting with these ladies, and possibly getting down and dirty! Although many of these women are open to casual sex, some aren’t and you should respect their decision. The Japanese girls are fun and attractive and know what they want and when they want it.
However, if they say no to you, it is a strict no; and you should not force it. Also, many Japanese girls do not like sleeping with or dating foreigners and you have zero luck with them. Consequently, you should stay respectful and friendly, and try to read their body language.
If you can speak good Japanese, you might have a better chance of impressing these girls than those who don’t. Aside from that, you would meet many such women in these cities too who charge money for sexual interaction. If you are down for that, there is this option as well!
Without a doubt, the sex culture in Fukuoka is strong and active; and you would surely enjoy yourself too. However, there are many things that you should keep in mind about Japanese culture to understand it. You should stay respectful of their traditions and societal norms to know them better.
One of the main spots for people to own their sexuality and desires is in the nightlife scene of the city. Indeed, there are many women who enjoy during this time and are open to casual hookups. Although this is true, you need to charm them to win their hearts and possibly more. Stay friendly and flirty with a slight dose of smolder, and you might have a shot with them. However, a smile is not the main thing to judge if they are interested or not, as these girls are always polite. You should notice their body language as in the matter of flirting, that speaks a language of its own. Also, you can just talk to them and ask if they want to spend time with you, and see what happens.
Although these are helpful, it is important to mention that some bars don't cater to foreigners. Instead, you can visit the 'gaijin' friendly establishments and meet these eligible women there. Overall, the Japanese girls an equal mix of naughty and nice and you would have a fun time in their company.
One-nightstands are quite prevalent in the city of Fukuoka, and you can certainly hope to get lucky here. The modernization of the city has changed the Japanese culture quite a bit. Although some Japanese girls are naturally shy and keep away from nightclubs and bars, still you can find plenty of those that have embraced the modern culture. The most basic problem that you are going to have is the language barrier. Most of these girls don’t speak English and would, therefore, require quite some effort from you to understand and converse with her.
While sexual pleasure is not exactly a sin in this city, still the Japanese culture of not showing PDA prevails. So, if you have managed to flirt and seduce a Japanese girl, don’t expect her to show affection for you in the public. Instead, take her someplace private, and then you can both indulge in whatever fantasies you have.
While approaching your idea of fun to the girl, do not push her to say yes. Respect her decision and just go away if she is not interested. You can find plenty of willing girls. Keep in mind that you can only have fun if the other is as passionate as you are.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Being the sixth-largest city of Japan in terms of population, Fukuoka buzzes vibrantly at the day as well as night. The shopping malls and the local tourist spots are a great place to meet the local girls. You can ask for their help in navigating the city and then ease into a conversation. You can also interest these girls into telling you about their culture and heritage. The more you seem interested in their culture, the more likely they are to accept any approach from you.
The nightlife of Fukuoka is to die for. It is extravagant, versatile, and exotic. You can rest be assured that you will never get bored, not even for a single night. It’s better to hop to the most popular places and check out the crowd. You can easily put on your dance moves or buy drinks for a girl. Be polite and act like a gentleman when approaching the local Japanese girls. Remember not to invade their personal space and back off when they say so.
The universities and colleges are great spots to find intellectual women if that’s your preference. But, you must be careful as these places are tightened with security. Landing in trouble with the law in a foreign country could have unforeseen consequences. Instead, you can visit the local cafes and try to have a friendly conversation with them. If you are well aware of the places that the single, hot, and willing girls visit, then you should have no problem getting lucky. The section given below points to such areas.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
Fukuoka has a wide range of bars, nightclubs, and pubs owing to its vibrant and exotic nightlife. The Japanese though shy and peace-loving step out into the night to shed off their inhibitions and let go of some steam. You can spot numerous local girls as well as tourists when you visit these establishments.
This is the perfect opportunity to meet some single and willing women. You can take a look at the list given below and start planning your evening.
- Off Broadway: This is arguably the most popular international bar in Fukuoka. In this place, you can find a mix of local girls as well as foreigners. This is all the better for you as now you have a diversified option to choose from. It is located at 2F, 1-8-40 Maizuru, Chuo. The place is almost always filled with DJs racking up good music and affordable drinks.
- The Voodoo Lounge: Located at 4F, 1-8-39 Maiziuru, Chuo, this is one of the most packed nightclubs in Fukuoka. The crowd is highly diversified and consists of a dance floor. The atmosphere is relaxing with a good selection of music and live bands. This is the perfect opportunity to converse with a girl and put the move on her.
- One Way Salsa Club: As the name suggests, it is a place where you can do some salsa moves and impress the girls. The place caters to the sophisticated crowd and is quite elegant. You can expect to find some high-class Japanese girl and then ask her for dance. Impress her enough and you might just get lucky. It is situated at 1-6-2 Maizuru, Chuo.
Being the biggest town of Kyushu has provided lots of advantages to the city of Fukuoka. The numerous shopping malls that can be found in the city are a testament to the modernization that has engulfed the city. You can take a trip to any of the shopping malls that are given below and increase your chances of crossing a wiling and perfect girl.
- JR Hakata City: One of the most visited shopping malls in Fukuoka. This elaborate and grand shopping mall houses around 230 shops and is a beauty to look at. You can visit there and pick out some souvenirs while checking out the beautiful girls.
- Mitsukoshi: This is a very old department store that was founded in 1673. Now, it has massively grown and has 11 floors. Various types of clothing for men, women, and children can be found here. Apart from this, the building also contains an art gallery and restaurants.
- Canal City Hakata: This is Fukuoka’s largest shopping mall. Comprising of about 250 shops, the shopping mall is sprawled over a massive 2.5 million square feet. These shops are centered around a canal and a fountain. This complex also has movie theaters, 2 hotels, performance theatre, and a food court which is called the Ramen Stadium.
Life in Fukuoka is never really boring. Apart from the architectural beauties that can be seen dotting the city, there are several tourist spots that will leave you awe-struck. These are absolutely magnificent and demand your attention. You can take a trip to these beautiful spots and know more about the culture and history of the city. This knowledge and the will to know more charms the local girls like no other. You can visit the following places and arrange dates with the girls in these places too.
- Ohori Park: This is one of the most grandeur and breathtaking parks in the city. It is registered as a Place of Scenic Beauty and is a peaceful place to visit. The name Ohori translates to a large moat. The park was designed based on the West lake of China. Every August, a fireworks festival is held in this park.
- Kushida Shrine: Founded in 757, the Kushida Shrine is an homage to Susanoo and Amaterasu. It is a Shinto shrine and is a very highly regarded place for the people in Fukuoka. It is located in Hakata-Ku. Every year, the Hakata Gion Yamakasa festival takes place here.
- Fukuoka Castle Ruins: This Japanese castle is located on the peak of Fukusaki hill. The eastern side of the castle uses the river Naka-gawa as the moat, and the western side uses a mudflat. The castle grounds have been transformed to form the Maizuru Park. The place boasts of being the only korokan remnant that can be found throughout Japan.
Universities and Colleges
The high literacy rates in Fukuoka can be directly connected to the high number of colleges and universities that can be seen throughout the city. Due to the various student exchange programs that are available, the pool of students is quite diversified. Some of the most influential colleges and universities n Fukuoka are –
- Kyushu University
- Fukuoka Institute of Technology
- Fukuoka college of Health Science
- Fukuoka Women’s University
- Nakamura Gakuen University
You can expect to find open-minded Japanese women as they are much more well versed in other cultures and norms. While the chance of them speaking English is not too high, yet you will still be amazed by how many actually can. You can also find foreign girls here. But, it is best to excise caution as there are certain rules in these establishments, and breaking any of them could land you in trouble.
Women in Fukuoka are generally shy, polite but financially independent. You are likely to face issues from two fronts – their shy nature and the language barrier. If you have really taken alike to a certain local girl, it is better if you at least attempt to learn her language. This will showcase your effort and prompt her to do the same. Once you are finally in a relationship with her, you will find that these girls are loyal to the bone and are extremely caring.
On your trip to the city, you will find that many open-minded girls don’t mind the idea of having a wild night or a short affair. You can easily have some fun with them and enjoy your trip. Japanese women, while shy makes for exceptional lovers in bed. No matter if you want something short or a real relationship, be honest with her and don’t spin lies. There is no need to break a girl’s heart while setting out to have fun.
Holiday romances fall into the category of things that you have always wanted but could never have. But, on your trip to Fukuoka, you definitely can. The city is filled with girls from various cultures, and as such, you will never fall short of girls that catch your eyes.
Japanese women are generally petite, cute, and absolutely beautiful. Combined with the fact that they have excellent manners and dignity could make approaching them intimidating. But, you can easily charm her with your knowledge of the local culture and let her know you wish to know more.
When you are interacting with a Japanese girl, make sure that you clear your stance and voice out your intentions. These women should not be expecting more from you because you failed to make it clear. The perfect holiday romance can easily end with the two of you riding into the sunset, committed for life. Or, it could be fun, wild but, ends when you leave the county.
Tips for Successful Relationship
A successful relationship requires both of you to give equal effort to maintain it. Complications are bound to come but, you can keep them at a minimum by taking a look at the tips given below:
- Don’t set high expectations. It is unfair if you put her on a pedestal and expect something impossible. Do not compare what you can do with what she can. Remember both of your situations are different.
- Maintain transparency in the relationship. There should be trust and respect in the relationship. Respect her opinions, culture, and expect the same from her.
- Be her best friend. Yes, you are her boyfriend but, try to understand as a friend would. Give her space so that she feels comfortable sharing everything with you. Possessiveness and jealousy could ruin whatever you had or whatever you could have had.
- Attempt to know her culture. Fukuoka has some very interesting traditions and customs that might seem hilarious to you. But, do not make jokes about it. It may offend her and make her believe that you don’t respect her culture. Listen keenly when she talks about her culture and reply with dignity.
Love is never easy to find and is harder to maintain. It will be naïve to think that you will surely fall in love on your trip to Fukuoka. But, you must always be open to the idea. You can never really know when you meet a girl and fall in love. Love doesn’t come with notifications and alerts. It hits you right when you are unaware of it.
The local girls of Fukuoka are shy and may not reciprocate your affections. You need to be patient and not push them. Dignity and respect are highly valued among these women. If you back off when they are not comfortable, they will respect you more.
Furthermore, Japanese women believe in Kokuhaku. This is essentially a confession of feelings, only after which the women will take your gestures seriously and date you. After you have convinced the girl to go on a date with you, don’t be surprised when she pays half the bill. The women may be shy but financially very much dependent.
It is usual for the local girls to not express what they feel with words. Instead, take a close look at their actions and you will find that they care deeply. These women are ferociously faithful and are never likely to give up on you. In this era, it might seem impossible to attain that true love but we must never stop giving love a chance.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
It is difficult to ascertain if the girl you have fallen in love with is the one for you. Being in love with a local girl and deciding to commit to her seriously may not be as easy as you think it to be. You need to be particularly sure of a few things or you just might endure a painful heartache. You can take note of the following tips and ensure that your girl is the one for you.
- You can share all your ugly truths and dirty secrets without feeling embarrassed. If she stays even after knowing all these and loves you just the same, then she is definitely the one for you.
- Make sure she is not with you for economical reasons. The best way to do this is to take money out of the equation. Plan simple dates and lavish her with attention instead of gifts and watch her reaction.
- You must be comfortable with each other’s cultures and accept them along with family. Family is important to both of you and should be accepted with love and affection.
- Communication is highly essential to keep the relationship going. You must be able to tell her your expectations without feeling any hesitation or fear.
- If the girl is ready to talk to you even after a massive fight, it means that she really cares for you and wants to fix the relationship. In that case, appreciate her and apologize!
Fukuoka is greatly influenced by a mix of Shinto, Buddhist, and other cultures. There are several traditions and customs that are prevalent and are an integral part of a wedding. If you are determined to marry a local girl here, it is best if you first seek blessings form her father. Although the city is modernized with its tall buildings and innovative creations, the core of the society is still patriarchal to some extent.
It will be much easier for you to plan a Japanese wedding with the girl you love if you are wholeheartedly accepted into the family. This is much more crucial if you have fallen for a more traditional girl. They are generally shy and tend to look up to their fathers before making such a big commitment.
If you have a decent education and a good job, you are more likely to be accepted by her family. The Japanese give high priority to education and career. Regardless, if your girl is traditional or not, Japanese women seriously start to think about marriage when they cross their mid-twenties.
It is infinitely better if you discuss the prospect of marriage with her before asking her family. Make sure that you both are on the same page and respect her decision if it doesn’t match with yours. Marriage is a lifetime of commitment for these women as they don’t believe in divorces. You should consider the idea of marriage very seriously before taking the plunge.
Despite the modernization that has engulfed Japan, there are numerous traditions and rituals that you can witness at a Japanese wedding. There are mostly four types of weddings in Japan – Christian, Butsuzen, Shinzen, and Jinzen. Marriage is legal in Japan only when it is registered with the municipal or city office.
The minimum age for marriage for Japanese men is 18 and women are 16. While marrying a local girl in Fukuoka, you can enjoy the various customs and traditions that are an integral part of these weddings. Some of them are listed below:
- Yuino: This is essentially the traditional engagement ceremony. Here, the families of the to-be bride and groom meet and offer gifts. One of the most common gifts is Shiraga. This thread of hemp represents the notion that the couple will be together always.
- Wedding outfits: Traditionally, the couples wear silk kimonos. The bride either wears a shiromuku or iro-uchikake. The groom wears a montsuki with hakama. White kimonos for the brides are mostly prevalent in weddings.
- San san ku do: In this ritual, the groom and the bride drink sake. Three different cups called sakazuki are filled with sake where the couples take three sips from each cup. After this, their parents also take sips, thereby uniting the bride and the groom with both the families. Each sip has a unique meaning and is culturally significant.
- Shugi-bukuro: The guests attending a traditional Japanese wedding are expected to bring cash as a gift. The envelope that the cash is brought in is called shugi-bukuro. The envelope is to be handed at the reception before putting the signature on the guestbook
The Japanese are greatly influenced by Taoism, Confucianism, and Shamanism beliefs. Family is extremely important to them. The family members depend on each other and have very close relationships. An individual’s act is considered as the act by the whole family.
Family life in Fukuoka is usually nuclear. The patriarchal society demands women to stay at home and take care of the children. But, due to the influence of western culture, this domination has seen a steep decline. Still, the males in the family are considered to be the breadwinners and are expected to provide for the whole family.
Most Japanese women today prefer to go out and work. The alarmingly low birth rate attests to the growing ambitions of the women and their reluctance to be stay at home mothers. If you have married a woman who has strong modern beliefs and has a career to strengthen, you should work with her to keep your marriage intact. But, if your wife is traditional, try to adjust to her beliefs and norms and make her feel comfortable.
Education is given the utmost priority while raising children. Family above everything is ingrained from a very small age. Mostly, the inheritance goes to the eldest son as the Japanese do not believe in dividing their property. In turn, the eldest son lives with the family and takes care of the parents in old age.