Durham dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date North Carolinian women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot North Carolinian girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in Durham, North Carolina, United States of America.
Girls in Durham:
- Looks of girls:4.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 5 / 5
- Education level of girls: 4.5 / 5
Dating in Durham:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4/ 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.5 / 5
Sex in Durham:
- Women's sexual activity: 3 / 5
- One-night stands: 3 / 5
More about Durham:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Moving around the city: 4 / 5
- Budget per day: US$80 - $120
- Accommodation: US$60 - $100
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 See Also
Durham is a beautiful city in the state of North Carolina, with a population of over 270 000 Durham is most known for its prestigious universities; namely the North Carolina central University and Duke University. With these two high-profile schools in the city it is fair to say there are larger number of students.
The local girls are sweet, beautiful and loyal. The local girls are filled with southern charm and will always make sure their man is well looked after. They are not superficial and it doesn't take much to impress them. They absolutely love the outdoors; so if you are taking them out on a date consider doing something out in nature. The girls are also fiercely independent but they do enjoy attention, if you treat them right this could be the best dating experience you have.
Dating in the city of Durham is very simple, if you're after something casual there are plenty of students to choose from; if it's something a little bit more serious then the locally born and raised girls are better options. Southern girls are more suited for serious relationships because they have a built-in sense of loyalty; your charming southern belle will never cheat on you. There are a few girls in the city from outside of America and the dating culture differs based on ethnicity and religion, for example the Latin girls are a little more free-spirited and will be more open to casual relationships.
Durham has a nice mix of ladies for every single guy to choose from, obviously as mentioned there are plenty of students; but there are still plenty of other ladies to choose from. In the section to follow we will look into each category individually to show you what to expect when dating in Durham
North Carolinian Girls (age 18 - 29)
As we've mentioned Durham has two prominent universities in the city, the central University of North Carolina and Duke University. With these two schools there are plenty of students to choose from, these students are carefree and hard-working and most probably the easiest of the girls in the city to chat up. They are also by far the most approachable women in the city, hanging out in pubs and clubs is an easy way to meet these girls. Buy them a few drinks, if you can do this there's surely a phone number in your future
The second part of this category is the young professionals (24-29) these are girls who have recently graduated college and are looking to further their careers. They are a bit more tricky to pull than the younger girls, they can sometimes be rather blunt. This is however offset by the southern charm of people from North Carolina. These women are more attracted to men with measurable success and wealth, if you can impress them with your possessions your chances of getting a date increase exponentially.
North Carolinian Women (age 30 - 45)
The average age at which women get married in the state is 32, which makes this one of the more difficult categories of women to date in the city of Durham. Generally once they get to this age ladies are looking to find that special true love to settle down and get married. They aren't really looking for something casual, this can be a hindrance to single guys who are looking to keep things breezy. However it is not all doom and gloom as there are still plenty of single women in this age group in the city you just need to look in the right place.
North Carolinian Ladies (age 45+)
There are lots of sexy mature women in the city and dating these women can be lots of fun. Almost all of the single ladies in this age group will be divorced. What makes dating these ladies so fun is the fact that they are financially independent, they own their own houses and are way more self-confident than any of the other woman in the city. They will often initiate the relationship, speaking of relationships; any relationship with a woman of this age group will be almost purely physical. These women don't have time on their hands to play games, generally they will be looking for someone a little bit younger than them to satisfy their sexual needs; so if this is what you're after then by all means go ahead.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
Durham has plenty of other options if the local girls aren't up to your liking, with the two universities in the city being the main contributors to the foreign population. Students from countries like Mexico, Cuba and Canada and even some from as far as Europe will attend the 2 universities. Durham is also quite a beautiful city so there are many tourist attractions; a good idea is to hang out at these attractions to meet some of the hottest travelling girls. Here is a list of the most popular in Durham :
- Sarah p. Duke gardens
- Museum of life and science
- Eno river state park
- Falls lake state recreation area
- Nasher museum of art
Durham has some very sweet girls but even the sweetest of girls still think about sex, and this is no different with the locals here. The South is quite a conservative place but there are still many girls who are open about the fact that they enjoy sex. The students of the most sexually active group of women in the city the, stresses of university get to them and they sometimes need to just let the hair down and relax.
With the large amount of students in the city most of the sexual relationships in the city are casual hook-ups. Whilst there is a large religious contingent in the city it still is to point out that the girls do love hooking up. Internet dating plays a big role in casual sex, apps and websites like Tinder, Badoo and Bumble contribute largely to the amount of casual sex happening in the city. If your swiping game is strong the chances that you'll be having sex are higher.
If you play your cards right there is a reasonable chance of having a one night stand in Durham, the girls are friendly and most of them are students so they embrace the nature of a casual hook up. There is less chance of this kind of encounter with a born and raised Durham girl so you might have to look at some of the girls from out of town. Remember when having casual sex, always use protection.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
The city of Durham is filled with great places to meet equally great girls, the key to finding the perfect one for you is picking the best spot. If your charm goes from 0 to 100 after a few drinks then looking at clubs or pubs might be the best idea; if you're slightly more adventurous than some of the outdoor attractions in the city would be ideal. Location is key because if you are in your comfort zone it allows you to be the most confident, and this will help you tremendously when looking to pick up girls.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
The beautiful city of Durham this filled with a variety of bars, pubs and nightclubs. These are some of the best places to meet girls especially the younger ones, down south everybody likes to get their drink on and this is no different in Durham. Here are a list of some of the city's best nightlife spots.
- Bar Virgile - It is a stylish low-key bar in the city of Durham, they have some of the best freshest and most inventive cocktails in the city along with this they serve a traditional bar menu of beers spirits and wines. There are also options in terms of food, they serve charcuterie and a variety of international style dishes.
- Arcana bar and lounge - This tarot themed bar in Durham is a cosy and intimate place. Serving a selection of craft beers, wines, spirits and cocktails. The very laid back venue provides space for live musicians, artists and performers to make their own. On any given evening you can expect to see some of the top local talent, arcana is the perfect place to unwind.
- The roof at Durham - This cosy bar offers excellent panoramic views of the city. Take in the bright atmosphere whilst you enjoy a selection of beers, wines and hand-crafted cocktails. Ingredients for these cocktails are always fresh and tasty, this upmarket establishment draws many locals and tourists alike.
- Bralie's sports bar - This is regarded as one of the top bars in the city at which to watch live sport, always filled with locals there is an incredible atmosphere here. If there is any live game you can expect to watch it here. Bar staples such as beer, wine, cocktails and spirits are all well stocked behind the bar. You can also grab a selection of bar food including burgers and hotdogs. There are also pool tables and dart boards if you fancy a game.
- Pinhook - Pinhook has for a long time been considered Durham's premier venue for live bands. The venue is filled with some of the city's top local musicians, the crowd is lively and the atmosphere is electric. If you're looking for a really good night out Pinhook is the perfect place to go. The place has a wide-open dance floor, offers karaoke and even has some open mic nights.
- Luna Nightclub - Luna is a salsa bar in Durham the bar has great live Latin music. The club has two different bars each with its own dance floor and seating area. The venue has been one of Durham's most dedicated night clubs. You can find an array of live music events, dedicated College evenings and urban music nights.
- Shooters II - If a nightclub and beer pong is your idea of a perfect combination and then look no further than shooters, this club is a favourite of the Duke students. With one of the most amazing neon light displays, live DJ's and a dynamic dance floor shooters is a happening place to be. Along with the beer pong they have a massive selection of beers.
Shopping malls are great for meeting single girls, most shopping malls have a variety of anchor tenants and specialty retailers. Every mall has a variety of restaurants, cafes and coffee shops which are the perfect places to meet single girls; getting to know a girl over a good cup of coffee is a great thing to do on a Saturday morning.
- The 8 streets at Southpoint - Located at the intersection of Interstate 40 and Fayetteville Road the mall has a variety of specialty retail stores, over 150 on them to be exact. There are plenty of restaurants and there's also a cinema if you want to catch a movie. The centre provides a very relaxed atmosphere, this is one of the most popular malls in the city.
- Northgate mall - Northgate is a large commercial shopping mall, there is a variety of retail, grocery and specialty stores; add to that a few restaurants and cafes and you have a winner. The centre is very busy over weekends the popularity of the mall is due to its central location.
- Brightleaf Square - Brightleaf Square is a trendy place with restaurants and shops. The square features a unique mix of locally-owned restaurants and shops in a pair of historic tobacco warehouses in downtown Durham. If you are looking for the best place to find good quality restaurants in the city this is undoubtedly it, the outdoor atmosphere creates a buzz of its own.
- South Square - South Square is a no-nonsense no frills the shopping centre with over 90 shops in the mall. While it is one of the smaller centres in the city it doesn't mean that it is any less effective. Shop anything from groceries to home ware and everything in between.
Durham is a city with beautiful wide open spaces; if you are looking to meet an adventurous girl this is probably one of the best places in America to do so. Hiking, picnicking, swimming camping all of it can be done it here. Here a list of some of the most popular attractions in the city.
- Duke Forest - at over 7000 Acres this is the largest outdoor space in the city. Whilst the forest serves as a living laboratory and outdoor classroom for the University, there are still some very nice nature walks in the forest. The forest is a very popular for hikers and mountain bikers.
- Durham Central Park - there are plenty of parks in the city but Durham central is one of the best, this designated green space on Foster Street has a skate park, playground, youth baseball field, farmers markets, food trucks, rodeos and music events.
- Eno River State Park - Eno River State Park is the ultimate outdoor space in Durham. Depending on which way you enter the park you have a choice of camping, swimming or hiking in some of Central North Carolina's best outdoor spots. Some of the popular hiking trails include the Cox mountain trail, also check out the pump station for its abundance of wildflowers.
- The Museum of life and science - when visiting the Museum of life and science there are plenty of things to do; walking around the outside loop will take you past the dinosaur park before moving on to the lemurs, bears and red wolves. One of the most popular attractions is also the magic wings Butterfly House. All of this is just outside and you haven't even ventured indoors yet.
Universities and Colleges
As we know the city of Durham famously has Duke University and University of Central North Carolina if you are looking to meet single students check out some of the following
- Duke University - Duke is one of the top research facilities in the country, the university has over 15 000 students. Students from all over the United States and around the world choose to study here, countries like China, India, Korea, the UK and Canada are some of the contributors to the international student population. The university specialises in subjects like computer science, economics, public policy, biology and psychology. 52% of the students at university are female.
- North Carolina central University - NCCU is the other top university in the city, it is a top class research facilities producing some of the top medical students in the country. The university also has a huge focus on sport with 15 Division 1 Sport teams. The university has just over 8000 students, it is also one of the most social universities in the city; there are hundreds of clubs for students to join.
Relationships in the city different from person to person; the younger girls are more for having a fun and casual relationship. Many of the girls in the city of students so they aren't looking for anything long term. Most of the girls in the City or even living there so it might be a good idea to keep things very casual in Durham.
Durham is perfect if you're looking for something short term, most of the girls in the city aren't looking for a long-term relationship and if you are passing through this would be ideal for them. Exploring the city with one of the local girls could be really fun.
Tips for Successful Relationship
- Build trust – Trust is the bedrock of all relationships and it is imperative that you and your partner can trust one another completely.
- Communicate – Another really important aspect of any relationship is the ability to openly and successfully communicate with each other.
- Maintain financial peace – The cost of living is ever increasing and this can sometimes cause friction between couples, try to curb unnecessary spending and draw up a budget that you both can stick to.
- Support – Modern day couples need to be able to lean on each other, the days where a woman was the supporting act to man are gone and both need to be there in equal capacities for each other.
- Find a hobby you both enjoy – In the wide open spaces of North Carolina there are plenty of choices for an activity you both enjoy, spending this kind of time together will only increase the strength of your relationship.
- Allow space – Yes you love each other and you would like to see one another as much as possible but you need that space and time to yourself every now and then.
Chances that you'll find true love in the city are slim. Before the age of 40 anyway. A top tip here is to have as much fun as you possibly can, go out meet new people and put yourself out there. Who knows you might just stumble upon your soulmate.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
There is no scientific explanation with regards on how to tell if you have found the right person to spend the rest of your life with, read some of the tips below to help you figure it out.
- You’re planning a future for the two of you.
- You still find her attractive after dating for a long time.
- You would rather hang with her than anyone else.
- You have the same goals and expectations in life.
- You trust her whole-heartedly.
- She gets along with your friends and family
Marriage is a sacred part of life in the south. It is not taken lightly. Marrying a girl from here is probably not a bad idea, the personalities and family qualities of the local girls suit married life. However the modern-day couple will often start a life together before getting married, they will do things like buy a house and have kids before they walk down the aisle.
Weddings are very traditional, the bride has a white dress and the groom has a tuxedo. The wedding will most likely take place in a church but because the city has such a beautiful outdoor spaces there might be an outdoor wedding as well. Most of the wedding traditions are traditional European customs. There will be a big reception after with friends and family to celebrate the new new married couple.
The girls down south of really family-orientated, this is just the way of the locals. Any free time will be spent gathering with friends and family often whilst watching Sport.
Durham is also a great place to start a family of your own, the city has great outdoor spaces which will help you raise your kids to be active and environmentally conscious.