American Samoa dating guide advises how to meet single girls. You just need to know the basic steps how to date American Samoan women. Learn how to arrange dates with hot American Samoan girls, how to take your relationship to the next level and how to find your soulmate and fall in love. Read more on how to date local women and where to meet girls in American Samoa, Oceania.
Girls in American Samoa:
- Looks of girls: 4.5 / 5
- Attitude of girls: 4 / 5
- Loyalty of girls: 4 / 5
- Education level of girls: 3.5 / 5
Dating in American Samoa:
- Chance of arranging dates: 3.5 / 5
- Casual dating culture: 4 / 5
- Online dating popularity: 3.5 / 5
Sex in American Samoa:
- Women's sexual activity: 4 / 5
- One-night stands: 3.5 / 5
More about American Samoa:
- Nightlife in general: 4 / 5
- Locals' English level: 4.5 / 5
- Budget per day: US$10 - $500
- Accommodation: US$07 - $400
- 1 Dating
- 2 Women
- 3 Sex
- 4 Best Places to Meet Single Girls
- 5 Relationship
- 6 Love
- 7 Marriage
- 8 Regions
- 9 Cities
- 10 See Also
In the matter of places to go to, the island nations are some of the best options for vacations. And some of them have a good and cultured lifestyle that allows people to settle in and lead a good life. Of course, the beautiful surroundings and the relaxed atmosphere are some of the best reasons behind this.
One such area in the South Pacific Ocean in the island territory of American Samoa, a branch of the United States. Not to confuse it with the land of Samoa, American Samoa resides on the east side of the International Date Line. The people living under this territory are very jovial and polite, and in the concern of dating, that would work out well.
Indeed, the women at this spot have very nice personalities and they work hard in everything that they do. They are very traditional, too, and follow their lifestyle according to their beliefs and customs. The local women have a respectful disposition, and they always treat another person with dignity.
With all of these factors, it is no surprise that you would feel a striking degree of attraction towards them. Given that, the matter of asking them out or getting into relationships with them is not a piece of cake. Certainly, there is a lot you have to stay aware of and utilize in your game, starting with understanding their culture.
Naturally, before dipping your toes into the dating pool of American Samoa, the first thing you should notice is how they feel towards it. The aspect of dating is not completely out of the question, and many individuals do try it out. However, that is more common among the younger generations.
Similarly, there are many foreigners at this place, mostly of American or European heritage. They sometimes prefer the casual type of romance and engage in such acts readily. Some locals get into such possibilities too, although they take some time to decide. Mostly, they like the fun element of such dating and want to try it out for themselves.
Although that is true, most of the citizens of this region have a more traditional outlook on finding love. Especially in the case of the ladies, they are mostly looking for someone to commit to. They want romance and genuine love, and for many, that ultimately stands for marriage.
Thus, while it is comparatively easy to approach an American Samoan girl, managing to flirt with them successfully is not. You cannot easily tell who wants what in their future, and thus, communication is essential. Listen to them and share your opinions too, and from there, a connection shall grow.
Indeed, there is a well-known adage that a good and smart woman is the silent force behind a successful man. That is true for the American Samoan ladies, who are the supporters and nurturers of their family. The roles of marriage and children are significant to such women and they consider that an important part of their future.
All the same, that is not all that they focus on; they like to take part in their duties to their society too. The authority of chiefs or 'matai' is highly influential, and these women try to serve their ideologies and plans for the community. And in some areas, the local women too can act in that role.
Furthermore, aside from raising their children and taking part in their culture, these women work professionally as well. Since most of the economy in the peaceful land of American Samoa is rural-based, the ladies there take part in such activities too. The main occupations they take a part in include schools, nursing, tuna canneries, child-care, banks, and much more.
Aside from the personality perspective, you would find good choices in the matter of physical attraction too. With slightly tanned skin, smaller eyes, and dark hair, these women are exotic and charming. As for the tourists, you would find different types of looks among them as well; and consequently, have more choices.
American Samoan Girls (age 18 - 29)
To put it simply, the younger ladies in American Samoa are smart, interesting and they enjoy learning new things. Not to mention, they like to know about their culture and are very passionate about their history and beliefs. In fact, the ones who are single also join the type of organization in their community referred to as the 'aualuma'.
The ones who are not studying, focus on their work and are an active player in increasing the economy. They take part in more vigorous occupations, like in the tanneries, and also work in tourist-related jobs. Certainly, they want to gain more experiences and such activities give them said opportunity.
Of course, the American Samoan women have fun too at these ages and like to visit beautiful places around this region. A few try out traveling, curious about life away from what they are used to, and want to find their inner interests. Overall, if you are looking to date a local from this area, the ones in the 18 to 29-year age-gap are the best options. They are okay with different types of relationships too, with some engaging in temporary flings, while others get married.
American Samoan Women (age 30 - 45)
When they grow up and step into the ages of 30 years and above, a sense of maturity is visible among the women. They are more aware of themselves and like to do things that they are most proud of. Surely, while some of these ladies still want to enjoy their freedom, there are many who focus on family life.
Indeed, marriage is a life role that they take to with utmost seriousness and they want to stand as a good partner. These women are loyal and classy and have a calm mind regarding their ambitions too. While many of them concentrate entirely on their household chores, a lot of the middle-aged women still keep to their professional commitments.
In fact, they get more serious about the workings of the society, and the wives of the chieftains manage a women's committee. With so many duties they partake in, most middle-ages local ladies do not have the time, nor interest, in dating. However, this is not set in stone; and you would get the chance at a happy ending of your own.
American Samoan Ladies (age 45+)
While the lesser-aged females in the American Samoan society are very attentive toward the outside world, their priorities shift a little in their maturer phase. Indeed, they start focusing more on spending time with their family and do so with loads of love. While the 45-year-olds still do focus on their non-personal duties and the world around them, the much older ones concentrate on the household.
Specifically, you would notice the big structure of the family that is prominent among the locals, named 'aiga'. The mature ladies staying the 'aiga' with their children and grandchildren help out with the child-care. They focus their attention on raising the kids and spend most of their time with them.
As such, they do not find the appropriate time to date, and neither do they want to. After all, most of them are married, and divorces are not common in this community. However, if their partners expire, remarriage is an option. But this practice is more common for those of younger ages than the mature ones.
Thus, if you meet a seasoned lady who is single and wants to try out romance again, they are mainly looking for commitment. If that is not your main motivation, you should not stay silent about it.
Foreign Girls (tourists, expats, students, etc.)
While the most spread-out ethnic group visible among the people in American Samoa are Samoans, other nationalities are present too. Some are there for a holiday, either with friends or alone; while others want to settle there. Either way, these foreign women do feel serious about dating, and they go ahead with it.
Therefore, when you are in American Samoa, you can approach these ladies with the intention to flirt. The temporary wanderers crave a different atmosphere and are not opposed to intimacy. You can roam around the land with these beauties and discuss all the new experiences at the place. Not to mention, they are up for trying new things and you would enjoy their company well.
In many ways, dating a foreigner will make you feel better and you would have an easier time with them too. For one thing, the local women are very observant and interesting, but their families and society are their priority. They cannot give you their time and heart, in fear of unhappy endings.
Also, most of them do not want something temporary. In this concern, the foreigners would understand both your nostalgia and your unwillingness to commit. They can relate to your situation better and would act as the perfect distraction.
For the most part, society visible in the region of American Samoa follows a more traditional mindset. Thus, most women do wait for marriage to explore their sexual interests, and also marry early.
Of course, there are some other ladies who would consider the premarital alternative more openly. If your main aim is to get together sexually while approaching them, success is hard to come by. Focus on getting to the core of who they are, to get to the core of their desires.
The premarital sex culture in American Samoa is not too widespread, although there are some who do so. However, there is an amount of stigma attached to it in society; sex is a private matter. Plus, married couples do engage in such pleasures and so do the visiting tourists. Overall, the sex culture on this island is private but quite prominent under the covers, pun intended.
ndeed, how people view the aspect of one-night stands depends on who it is you are asking. Some of the tourists are okay with this situation; the locals, on the other hand, are not. There are some cases where a woman may feel curious about the scenario and engage in such acts. Clearly, it is a matter of personal preference. Although, from an overall perspective, the women in American Samoa are more 'against' than 'for'.
Best Places to Meet Single Girls
Truly, the island nation of American Samoa is an interesting place to go to, owing to its history and tranquil atmosphere. There are some major sites at this place, including old archaeological relics and museums. Indeed, many of the ladies find such themes highly fascinating and enjoy going to learn more.
Not to mention, this land is not at a loss of cultural beauty either, and there is a lot that you can celebrate and enjoy. Whether you want to sit at a bar sipping cocktails or watch the sunset over the Pacific, you would enjoy it a lot here. And the women who visit this region, including the locals too, are frequent visitors to such destinations.
Therefore, regardless of how and where you want to spend your time in American Samoa, you can meet many girls. And on the basis of where you meet them, you can frame your plan of approach.
Certainly, the right location would allow you to show them your compatibility with them as well. You can talk to them about your shared interests and from there, something new can develop.
Bars, Pubs and Nightclubs
To put it simply, there are many spots in various parts of American Samoa where the people go to relax. Indeed, the nightlife of any place is a big source of attraction to the people staying, especially the younger crowd. In reference to where you can meet beautiful girls, this is a good point to start at.
- Evalanis Cabaret Lounge (Pago Pago)- To experience and enjoy the best of American Samoan nightlife, this lounge area is a good place to relax at.
- Flying Fox Brewing Company (Pavaiai)- If you are wondering which is the most popular bar in this territory, this one is a strong contender. With its great drink selection and wonderful clientele, it is no wonder why.
- Toa Bar & Grill (Nu’uuli)- Food and drinks are the second-best things you would find in this spot; the first is the women you would meet.
- Paradise Bar & Grill (Nu’uuli)- To explore and appreciate the best of American Samoan delicacies and the relaxing atmosphere, this spot is the best of both worlds.
- Country Clubs (Pago Pago)- Listen to the thumping beats and talk to the ones you like at this exciting nightclub.
- MJ Snack Bar (Nu’uuli)- A favourite of many locals and tourists, you should go down to this spot and make up your own mind about it.
- Ecuador Bar (Pago Pago)- With a lot of drink choices to browse and an equally attractive ambience, you should definitely drop by here when you reach Pago Pago.
- IceBreaker Bar & Bistro (Pago Pago)- If you are in the mood for good food and great company, this bar-cum-restaurant is the one place to visit.
- Tisa’s Barefoot Bar (Pago Pago)- When you visit the Alegra Beach, give this bar area a definite try. With good drinks and delicious seafood dishes, overlooking a gorgeous view; really, the popularity is obvious.
- Rubbels (Pago Pago)- If you want to talk to beautiful girls while enjoying good food and friendly ambience, this is the place for you.
Shopping is something important, and for some younger girls, a place to hang out with friends. Also, many stores contain interesting items that the tourists buy as souvenirs. Thus, whether you are shopping for need or for luxury, such areas are a common spot to meet some girls.
Some of the most common areas of shopping in the American Samoa territory are given hereafter.
- Laufou Shopping Center (Nu’uuli)
- Tedi Of Samoa (Fagatogo)
- Fagatogo Square (Fagatogo)
- US AAFES American Samoa Post Exchange (Tafuna)
- Savers Samoa (Nu’uuli)
Notably, there are a lot of spots that are worth visiting in American Samoa, whether for appreciating history or entertainment. There is a little bit for everyone's taste, and the ladies here are big fans of such regions. Thus, when you visit them too, you would come across a good amount of women at the spot. Thereafter, you can approach them and see how your conversation progresses.
Here are some of the many popular and interesting spots in this region.
- Mt. Pioa (Tutuila)
- To’aga Site (Olosega, Ofu)
- Saua Site (Ta’u)
- Nu’uuli Falls (Tutiala)
- Leon (Tutuila)
- Ofu Beach (Ofu)
Universities and Colleges
Surely, education is something that the American Samoans think as important, and the ladies like learning new facts. While most go to the mainland of the US for their college dreams, many girls stay for that in this region. They go to their college of choice regularly and enjoy making new friends. Thus, this is a good place as any to get in touch with the beautiful younger women of American Samoa.
The main education institutions for higher studies in this region are given below.
- Wayland Baptist University (Tafuna)
- American Samoa Community College (Mapusaga)
The people living in the society of American Samoa have an outdated view on what the relationships constitute. Indeed, they believe in the older viewpoint of men as the providers and the women as supporters. However, while that is true, the relationship between a couple is usually on equal grounds.
You would notice that the connections are mainly about commitment, and marriage is the commonly accepted endgame. On the other hand, casual romances are not highly popular among most locals, but some do try it out.
Many of the tourists that visit American Samoa want to have a fun time, and dating is one of the many perspectives of it. Indeed, those who are planning to stay for a while but do not have a companion would feel a need for comfort. The holiday romances are a nice way to do so, and you would enjoy the experience too when you try it.
The possibility of such romances is present in this region, but not with the locals. Yes, you can convince some of them, but the better option in this scenario are definitely the fellow tourists. They would not mind the ambiguous nature of such a commitment, while the locals would prefer to stay away.
Tips for Successful Relationship
Without a doubt, when you are falling in love, or already are deep into it, everything feels amazing and harmless. But if you do not focus on the details, things would get terrible before you can notice anything amiss. Thus, work on the following things to lead a healthy and happy relationship with your lover.
- Let go of pride- Indeed, resentment and ego are some of the main killers of good relationships. Therefore, keep no place for that in your own one either. If you are fighting, do not let it get too ugly. Calm yourself down and understand what the more important thing for you is. And that answer should never be your ego.
- Good wine takes time- To put it simply, do not rush through anything. The slower the pace you take, the more you can savour the feelings. Not to mention, you would find the time to know each other more intimately, too.
- Avoid making assumptions-Trust is a tricky emotion to navigate, and perhaps the most unshakeable one. Once you lose that with someone, nothing can fully bring it back. Thus, if you are having doubts about anything, go up to them and clear out the truth. Do not sit around and make assumptions. Clearly, you would start losing trust over them without a clear reason for doing so. This would later lead to heartbreak.
Love is an interesting emotion, and the ladies in this area do take it to their hearts. However, they are not too open to it in the beginning or are naive about it. The American Samoan women mostly have a mature idea of love and feel it accordingly. Of course, they enjoy the passion of such attraction too, but they also focus on mutual understanding.
How to Make Sure She Is the One
If you want to know if the one you love is the right one for your heart and life, ask yourself the following questions. Think calmly, answer honestly, and decide accordingly.
- Silence is not the enemy- Do you feel calm and sated even when you are not exchanging a single word? Sure, good conversations are what gives life to your relationship, but what happens afterwards? When you have nothing special to talk about? Indeed, if you can stay quiet for a long time but still feel the spark, she is the one.
- Apologies are not necessary- While, yes, they are when you have done something wrong or hurtful to your significant other. But expecting that after every single argument? No, that is not necessary. While the bigger arguments require mutual discussion and clearing things up, it is not needed for small arguments. Thus, look back on if you fight constantly over trivial matters, and how you both react to it.
- Little details count- Do you remember all your beautiful memories in technicolour and does she? With the right person, even the small insignificant moments leave a mark on one's heart. Therefore, you should notice if that has happened to you both. Does she remember things that are important to you, even small actions that you did not do consciously? If you both know each that well, that says a lot about your future together; mostly good things.
Dating and love in the society of American Samoa ultimately lead to this level; marriage. Indeed, the locals consider it an important step forward in a person's life and celebrate it wholeheartedly. Although in previous generations, marriages were more of a transaction of authority and business- type move. In current times, it is about love, commitment, and family above all else.
The ceremony of the wedding occurs according to the customs of the people, and the entire 'aiga' takes part. Moreover, the 'matai' or the head of the family arranges the planning and location, and the entire community joins in the celebrations. Since most of the people living in American Samoa are Samoans, the service goes according to their culture. One such practice includes the two families of the marrying couple giving gifts to one another.
While most of the wedding ceremonies happen within their community areas, there are some other venues too.
- Tradewinds Hotel (Ottoville)
- Veterans Memorial Stadium (Tafuna)
Usually, the females of the family take a very active role in taking care of the children and the household after marriage. But many work too, while the older-most women spend time with the young ones. Families are big in this society, and you would notice their involvement when you settle down in American Samoa. Certainly, if you want to lead a secure and harmonious life with your wife and your kids, you can do so without any issues here.